GOD OF WAR 2 DEMO WITH $5.00 God Of War 2 Reserve at Gamestop

shaneatlh

CAGiversary!
Just went into gamestop in Dallas, TX and with $5.00 reserve got a Brand new God Of War 2 demo. Awesome deal and Great for collector's. Just call them to see if they got them in because the store I went to said they just go them in today. Laterz
-Shane

Isn't the point of a demo to decide if you want the game or not? Albeit, this game needs no decision, but it still seems odd to me. I'd love to have a demo of it, but:

A. I'm not preordering anything at Gamestop unless it's the best deal out there.
B. I'm not paying for a demo of a single title, when I can otherwise get them for free at the very same store for any other game demo they have.

Thanks for the info, OP. Anyone out there who can find this for free, speak up, someone has to be giving it away. Speaking of paying for something that should be free: has anyone else noticed how the last 5 or so Jampacks have gone to crap? Most of them even dupe some demos that were on previous discs for games that came out long ago (ie: SoTC).

[quote name='Togepy']The demo run in 720p on PS3? Can someone try and confirm?[/QUOTE]
The game doesn't run at 720p on PS3. That was an error on IGN's part.

[quote name='bostonfrontier']Man, we need to have another abbreviation for this GOW = God of war or Gears of war?[/QUOTE]
Why would they give a Gears of War 2 demo for pre-ordering God of War 2?

The title makes it seem like when you reserve GOW 2, you can pay an additional $5 for a demo of it, but the post makes it seem like if you simply reserve it, you get the demo free. Which is it?

i believe its just for preordering and they will give you the demo if you put $5 down on the game, now we need to know can we cancel the preorder and keep the demo?

[quote name='crazyj']i believe its just for preordering and they will give you the demo if you put $5 down on the game, now we need to know can we cancel the preorder and keep the demo?[/quote]

..what the hell are they going to do, ask for the free bonus back?

can you put 5 down get the free demo, then when the actual game comes out or even before. Can you get a refund and still keep the demo? :lol:

Yes, Giant Robot, this would apply since they ARE the SAME company. Now, this has me wondering, since I have a $5 deposit on God Of War 2, where the hell is my copy of the demo?

Oh wait, I put it down to get penny guides from the one guy at the one store, LONG before a demo was available(1/31/07). And, I did it at a store thats about an hour + drive from here.

Ahhhh well, maybe I could ask my friendly local Gamestop employees if I could grab a copy of their demo for it? LOL Yeah right...

Yeah find it pretty stupid one has to pay to get a demo...

Anyways I"m getting one signed by the director of the game and I proably don't want to mess with that so i'll be preordering even though I hate gamestop/ebgames....

[quote name='agws']Anyways I"m getting one signed by the director of the game[/quote]

Have him sign it, "Hey, sorry I'm not the other guy, better luck with GOW 3"

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']The game doesn't run at 720p on PS3. That was an error on IGN's part.[/QUOTE]

Actually it was IGN that said it doesn't run at 720p on the PS3. IGN got it right (for once).

[quote name='heybtbm']Actually it was IGN that said it doesn't run at 720p on the PS3. IGN got it right (for once).[/quote]

They were the ones who started it in the first place - they corrected their own mistake.

I'm not putting $5 down for a demo of a game that ships in a month - especially when I'm willing to bet CC or BB will have the game the week of release much cheaper than GameStop will be selling it for...

For everyone that asked, yes, you can get your money back, even after the game comes out. Just go into the store and ask for your preorder back. If they don't give you the money just bitch until they do. I've personally never had a problem cancelling one at any of the 6 EB/GS near me.

[quote name='Promophile']For everyone that asked, yes, you can get your money back, even after the game comes out. Just go into the store and ask for your preorder back. If they don't give you the money just bitch until they do. I've personally never had a problem cancelling one at any of the 6 EB/GS near me.[/QUOTE]

yeah, they may try to tell you that you can't, but keep at it. I get a hassle every time I try to cancel one. Stupid quotas turn the employees into twitches.

just to let everyone know, the demo is really short, unless your gamestop/eb is close i would say it's not really worth your time to go drop a preorder and cancel it later, unless you're planning on buying the game on release day anyways.

[quote name='sabo']just to let everyone know, the demo is really short, unless your gamestop/eb is close i would say it's not really worth your time to go drop a preorder and cancel it later, unless you're planning on buying the game on release day anyways.[/QUOTE]

I thought it was pretty long for a demo. It's a good 20-25 minutes long...and a shitload of fun. not to mention that it has some of the best graphics (or the best) on the system.

I really hate having to "pay" for demos too. But yes you can pre-order then move the money onto another game before it is released as I have done that. Not sure if you can get your money back, but I don't think that would be a problem.

Like someone else said, Circuit City may well be selling this at 38.99 or something the day it comes out (ala Twilight Princess on Gamecube) so battling with them over the demo isn't really worth it. It's not like the demo for Lunar:SSS Complete where it'll be going for tons of cash on eBay in seven years.

[quote name='bostonfrontier']Man, we need to have another abbreviation for this GOW = God of war or Gears of war?[/QUOTE]

um no not really, considering God of War was GOW long before gears game along. gears is GeOW

Sounds tempting but I'm willing to bet the house that this will be loss leadered at Circuit City for at most $39.99.
Gamestop will happily sell it for $49.99 (that will be the day when I pay $50 for a PS2 game again).

Ahh, remember the days when EB would match any price???

this games a no brainer for 50 bucks especially if you enjoyed the first

while i know this is a cheap forum, its pretty crazy the people dont want to pay 5 bucks for a quality demo, or are trying to get the demo, then cancel it weeks later, unless you live close to an eb, wouldnt gas , and oppourtunity costs be more than 5 bucks?

bread's done
Back