God Of War 28.88 at Target starting 11-22. YMMV

RaidenMGS3

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
As the title says, God of War for the PS2 is going Temporary Price Cut at Target beginning November 22nd through December 19th. This is YMMV, but it definitely applies to Midwest Targets and seemingly most all Targets nationwide.

Picked one up in Idaho last night for 28.88 - had a new temporary price reduction tag on them. The electronics guy didn't even know about it - said he was going to have to pick one up for himself for that price.

Also picked up a Fable - Lost chapters for $15 (same price as using a GGC from Best buy but my BB hasn't stocked the PH version). I got to use up an old gift certificate - so it helped pad some of the total cost.

Have a good thanksgiving.

[quote name='Josef']I picked up the game for $23.88 after coupon. It appears the computer system automatically took the $5 off even though the coupon specified $29.99 or higher. It may be worth a try (but hurry up, the coupon expires today).[/QUOTE]

just did this as well. I simply picked a really busy cashier so she wouldn't have time to really read the coupon and notice that the game was $28.

excellent deal, thanks OP.

Picked one up today at the Wilmington, DE store. It appeared to be the last one left (unless they have more in the back). It scanned @ $28.88. The manager let me use the $5 off coupon even though she knew it had expired.

[quote name='ManChowder'] I simply picked a really busy cashier...[/QUOTE]
I've got to ask: How did you know they would be busy by the time it was your turn? Did you get in the middle of the line??? Perhaps you had an entourage of Slick Deals moms behind you to make an insta-line form behind you.

Busy = working a double shift and all hopped up on Red Bull and Starbucks DoubleShots...
[quote name='Sarassis'] It scanned @ $28.88. The manager let me use the $5 off coupon even though she knew it had expired[/QUOTE]
You pulled off a double-dupe. Not a qualifying coupon (=>$29.99) and expired!

[quote name='schultzed']You are being a curmudgeon . . . let the kids have their fun, old man :)[/QUOTE]

Just an FYI for the lazy:

Definitions of curmudgeon on the Web:

* a crusty irascible cantankerous old person full of stubborn ideas
wordnet.princeton.edu/perl/webwn

I know there are lots of confirmations, but i'll toss in another for the Harlingen, Tx Target... The sign was laying on top of the slim ps2 instead of on the game.

Kudos.

[quote name='Kerig']I've got to ask: How did you know they would be busy by the time it was your turn? Did you get in the middle of the line??? Perhaps you had an entourage of Slick Deals moms behind you to make an insta-line form behind you.

Busy = working a double shift and all hopped up on Red Bull and Starbucks DoubleShots...

You pulled off a double-dupe. Not a qualifying coupon (=>$29.99) and expired![/QUOTE]

I had the choice of two cashiers in the gaming section, an obviously flustered yet happy girl or some guy who was on top of things yet obviously pissed off already. Naturally I chose the girl. It was well worth the 10 minutes waiting in line to get the game.

The funny thing is that I didn't even look carefully at the coupon after printing it, I didn't even notice that it was expired.

..slick deals mom's..... huh?

Very good game, everyone that like action games should give it a try. Just finished God mode today, the last 2 battles almost had me throw my controller.

This one didn't work for me in Houston, TX at the Target on Jones/1960. The employee who scanned the game for me looked at me like an idiot and told me that my source wasn't very reliable. :(

Guess I'll have to try the one in Lufkin on the way home tomorrow.

Confirmed at Target in East Brunswick, NJ (marked at 49.99, scans at 28.88). I got the last one, but I'm sure they'll ship more before the special is over.

Already had the game once and sold it back after beating it. Tempted to get it again, under $15 after Target raincheck. Hmmm...

[quote name='clariste']Already had the game once and sold it back after beating it. Tempted to get it again, under $15 after Target raincheck. Hmmm...[/QUOTE]

eh planning to use a raincheck Target changed the cutoff point to 13% off to use now.

[quote name='CaoPi']eh planning to use a raincheck Target changed the cutoff point to 13% off to use now.[/QUOTE]

Cut off point? I've only used one before, a while back. What's this about a cut off point?

My target no longer even gives rainchecks. EVerytime i get print outs of outstock games it gives this new "check here" or "we invite you back to get this game at this discount price in the future!."

Its a bunch of crap, half the time when target sells out of a game they never get more back in anyway.

[quote name='thingsfallnapart']My target no longer even gives rainchecks. EVerytime i get print outs of outstock games it gives this new "check here" or "we invite you back to get this game at this discount price in the future!."

Its a bunch of crap, half the time when target sells out of a game they never get more back in anyway.[/QUOTE]

I currently have two rainchecks that say specifically 53% off.

53% off but does it have the substitution clause at the bottom? Target cut those down to about 13% since too many people abused them.

Don't know about that... I went to Target in Denton, TX and they said I was crazy, then went up 35 to Lewisville, TX and they had the game on sale.

[quote name='CaoPi']53% off but does it have the substitution clause at the bottom? Target cut those down to about 13% since too many people abused them.[/QUOTE]

Both have no subst. clause at the bottom....this mean it'll ring up 13% off when subbing?

After owning the game since release, I finally found the time to beat it the other day. Good stuff, it was. Can't wait for the next one. Well worth the money.

Challenge of the Gods mode was insane though. I quit at level 8 as I didn't have time to play through anymore.

bread's done
Back