God of War: Chains of Olympus for PS2?

The 7th Number

CAGiversary!
Feedback
33 (100%)
We have all seen Rockstar say that GTA:VCS and GTA:LSC would not come to the PS2, only to be announced that they would 6 months after their PSP release. My question is, how likely do you think that the PSP game GOW:Chains of Olympus would be ported to the PS2 6 or so months after its PSP release?

I would love to play it, but just like GTA:LCS and GTA:VCS i can not, and will not, play any games on that PSP. I just cant stand the controls, and as an adult, the PSP doesnt really fit into my hands well. I had one before, and sold it the minute i read GTA:LCS would be coming out on PS2.

I'd say the chances are pretty slim. Sony knows they have a good game in GoW:Chains of Olympus, I think they'd rather use it to tempt people to get a PSP.

Never say never I think is the rule of thumb with games and game companies anymore I think. I mean, even with the PSP slim out now, it's still too damned pricey for my liking @ $199, even WITH the bundles available for it.

Besides which, Sony seems to be supporting the PStwo more and more lately, so why NOT put this on there?

[quote name='Halo05']I'd say the chances are pretty slim. Sony knows they have a good game in GoW:Chains of Olympus, I think they'd rather use it to tempt people to get a PSP.[/QUOTE]

Have you heard of Syphon Filter: Dark Mirror? I'd say it's highly likely Chains of Olympus will come to PS2 after a while.

[quote name='PenguinMaster']Have you heard of Syphon Filter: Dark Mirror? I'd say it's highly likely Chains of Olympus will come to PS2 after a while.[/QUOTE]

I'm not going to bet either way but I think the PS2 port of Dark Mirror might have been to build up some hype for it's sequel that just came out for the PSP.

Had Dark Mirror been more positively received on the PS2 (and not cost 40 bucks), people would've been driven to the PSP to play the sequel to the game they just enjoyed on their PS2.

However, it seems like Sony simply has a big 8-sided die with random things written on it that they use to make business decisions. A couple weeks ago they rolled, "Strip backwards compatibility from the PS3!" and "Make all our current controllers obsolete!".

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Never say never I think is the rule of thumb with games and game companies anymore I think. I mean, even with the PSP slim out now, it's still too damned pricey for my liking @ $199, even WITH the bundles available for it. [/QUOTE]
You mean $169? You don't have to buy the bundle.

My guess is that it will crossover to the PS2.

I don't believe anyone is going to buy a PSP just to play this game. Given that, it makes sense to maximize profits on the title.

if they do port it over i hope they at least take the time to get the game looking its best. it kills me that with vice city stories and liberty city stories they didnt put in the time and work to fully take advantage of the ps2 hardware. vice city stories and liberty city stories could have looked and played alot better.

[quote name='pete5883']You mean $169? You don't have to buy the bundle.[/quote]

Still though, $169 is even fuckin ridiculous imo, which is why I don't and won't own a DS or PSP, not yet anyway.

Once they reach a level of affordability on par with the GBA SP, then and ONLY then might I consider a PSP affordable. Anything over $50 for a handheld system, unless it were something like a portable Xbox, is SO ridiculous to me.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Still though, $169 is even fuckin ridiculous imo, which is why I don't and won't own a DS or PSP, not yet anyway.

Once they reach a level of affordability on par with the GBA SP, then and ONLY then might I consider a PSP affordable. Anything over $50 for a handheld system, unless it were something like a portable Xbox, is SO ridiculous to me.[/quote]

the portable systems worth is mainly for those who need somethign to do when theyre out and about or on long trips. i think at 129 to 159 the ds is worth owning but it annoys me the games prices take so long to go down. andf with how popular the ds is as a handheld system it may be a while before you see a signifigant drop again maybe the psp will get cheaper sooner.

I could've used a PSP or DS when I used to hit the auto auctions all over with my one relative, but I am still tempted to hit the one Gamestop down the line from me. They had GBA and GBA SP systems listed @ $9.99 on a hook near the registers, instead of the $29.99 it's listed as on the GS site. It would just be a hassle to get them to honor that price though.

I figure I'd only pick one of those up due to the low price, even tack on the guarantee for a year, since it should be cheap if it goes by system price.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Still though, $169 is even fuckin ridiculous imo, which is why I don't and won't own a DS or PSP, not yet anyway.

Once they reach a level of affordability on par with the GBA SP, then and ONLY then might I consider a PSP affordable. Anything over $50 for a handheld system, unless it were something like a portable Xbox, is SO ridiculous to me.[/QUOTE]

everything should just be free. I'm so sick of people and their money and their jobs and their budgets.

[quote name='Apossum']everything should just be free. I'm so sick of people and their money and their jobs and their budgets.[/quote]

I'm not saying they should be FREE perse, but I know the only thing I'd use a PSP for would be to play a long cancelled PS1 game called Thrill Kill on it via custom firmware, since I haven't seen a single damned game I'd wanna play on the PSP to justify the cost.

Plus, with the sheer number of PSP games being ported to PS2, why should I? I can just wait and six months later they usually port the games anyway.

[quote name='PenguinMaster']Have you heard of Syphon Filter: Dark Mirror? I'd say it's highly likely Chains of Olympus will come to PS2 after a while.[/QUOTE]

I say no. Yeah, Dark Mirror did make the jump, but Ready at Dawn's previous title Daxter didn't and has no signs of heading to PS2. And I thought that a game like that and R&C Size Matters would definitely go that route. Being that they didn't, I'd say it's far more likely that Chains of Olympus will remain PSP only. There is always the outside chance for any game, but so many PSP games havent been shoveled to PS2.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I'm not saying they should be FREE perse, but I know the only thing I'd use a PSP for would be to play a long cancelled PS1 game called Thrill Kill on it via custom firmware, since I haven't seen a single damned game I'd wanna play on the PSP to justify the cost.

Plus, with the sheer number of PSP games being ported to PS2, why should I? I can just wait and six months later they usually port the games anyway.[/QUOTE]

Honestly, if you can only find ONE PSP game you like... I really doubt you're actually looking.

Also, "sheer number"? There's only been a few ports- hardly enough to say they "usually port the games anyway".

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer'] Anything over $50 for a handheld system, unless it were something like a portable Xbox, is SO ridiculous to me.[/QUOTE]

This is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard in my life. :shock:

You want a handheld gaming system under $50?
Get yourself an R-Zone.

Back on topic, I'll probably pick up the PSP version since I can play it on my TV w/the PSP 2000, but I'd prefer a PS2 version.

[quote name='Kawnhr']Honestly, if you can only find ONE PSP game you like... I really doubt you're actually looking.

Also, "sheer number"? There's only been a few ports- hardly enough to say they "usually port the games anyway".[/quote]

You're right, I'm not because handheld gaming isn't a main focus of mine, though if I had to play anything, I'd want a GBA or GBA SP to play the older Fire Pro Wrestling titles to see what I'm getting into by buying FPWR in November.

[quote name='Gameboy415']This is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard in my life. :shock:

You want a handheld gaming system under $50?
Get yourself an R-Zone.

Back on topic, I'll probably pick up the PSP version since I can play it on my TV w/the PSP 2000, but I'd prefer a PS2 version.[/quote]

Why is it so wrong to want a handheld system to be CHEAP? For what I'd plan on using the PSP for(custom firmware to play PS1 games I can't get anywhere else), $169 is wayyyyy too much.

[quote name='lokizz']the portable systems worth is mainly for those who need somethign to do when theyre out and about or on long trips. i think at 129 to 159 the ds is worth owning but it annoys me the games prices take so long to go down. andf with how popular the ds is as a handheld system it may be a while before you see a signifigant drop again maybe the psp will get cheaper sooner.[/quote]

Interestingly enough I heard that the next gen of kids mostly play games on handhelds. They like to roam around the house with their games, using them as just another toy/plaything, instead of being tethered to the big screen.

Not me. Nothing I like better then going for a run Sat morning and then parking my ass in front of the bigscreen for hours-on-end gameplay that I was never allowed as a child.

I'm with IAmTheCheapestGamer. Handhelds just don't really appeal to me. In my case, I find myself unable to play them in spurts long enough to actually get anywhere in a game.

And because I don't really care for handhelds, I'm not willing to spend the money on them. Now if I found one cheap enough, I'd probably pick it up for the two or three titles that look good.

It's all a matter of priority and preference.

My PSP just doesn't get played. Anyway, I'm in the boat as to thinking Chains of Olympus will be a PSP only game for at least 2 or 3 years. It might be a downloadable game on PSN at some point, or come out on a blu-ray God of War compilation even, but not until Sony is ready to move on from PSP. They need system sellers anyway possible.

By the way, ya'll super cheapazzes should get a used PSP. Hate recommending buying used but the difference in value of a new slim PSP and a used orignial is insane. Pretty sure you can get a used PSP w/ charger for like $80-90.

bread's done
Back