God of War: Chains of Olympus Thread - Out Now! - 1up: 9.5, IGN: 9.4, GS: 8.5

Wow, color me impressed. They're doing a great job with this game. No idea how it compares to the other God of War games as I've not played the PS2 games.

got mine today also with pendant/necklace/whatever and $15 off a psp purchase at best buy. really tempted to ebay this off (after playing the demo, of course :)) as for making a $20-$40 for something I got for free seems worth it

Sorry to spam, but if anyone has a $15 off coupon they aren't going to use, I can put it to good use :)

or just post a scan please.

[quote name='Apossum']Sorry to spam, but if anyone has a $15 off coupon they aren't going to use, I can put it to good use :)

or just post a scan please.[/quote]
Send me a PM and I can send you mine.

Beat the demo, which was a lot of fun.

What's the disadvantage to using the grab button to clear out enemies? I didn't really use it until the boss fight, which made it a lot easier.

I got mine yesterday and have to say, this game is STUNNING. I'm amazed at what they're able to do with the PSP hardware. It looks so much like the PS2 games and runs smooth as butta. Plus they nailed the controls fairly well.

I'm kinda weary about dodging by holding both shoulder buttons, since it's a strain to grab both in the middle of combat, but it's not too offputting. Also, context specific actions with the O key don't always work. You have to be facing the object just right to get him to grab on.

Well I just got my demo today and the packaging is very nice. Won't be able to try this out until I get a Slim next week. I'll probably attach the enclosed pendant on that as well. I was just about to almost lose hope of recieving this demo but figured I'd give it a few more days since things arrive late in my area. But yeah, with the demo apparently being really awesome and coming in an awesome packaging packed with some nice extras, it seems like the extra wait was worth it.

Also, I'll be giving away my $15 off coupon to anyone that wants it.

got mine in yesterday .... tried it and it's great!.... i was very skeptic on the "control" issue but IMO it translated well on on psp.... dodging with the L/R buttons is easily done, you won't miss the R3...this game is gonna be awesome :)

Just got it, after not getting the Jeanne D'arc or Ratchet and Clank demos. Awesome.

Anyone know where I can buy a nice, plain necklace to hang the pendant on?

Signed up in buffalo a few months ago, moved, just got it in the mail today. :D
I've already played it, awesome game, sweet charm (new celli toy), and i get most umd demos free now that i work @ GameStop.

I signed up for the demo a long time ago and still have not received it. I am interested to know what percentage of people who registered for the demo have actually received it. Things like this make me think twice about buying another Sony product or PSP game again. and I was thinking about upgrading to a PSP slim.

My friend just got his in yesterday and I'm the one who told him about the free demo, so he actually signed up later than me. I haven't gotten it yet still.

update
demo alone is by far the best game ive played on the psp. between this and daxter ive got to say that ready at dawn has nailed the hardware.

I signed up for mine when they first announced it..still no word..didnt get D'arc or sypho filter either...REALLY wanted the GOW though...oh Sony...why do forsake your humble servant?!!

[quote name='sotb_96']I signed up for mine when they first announced it..still no word..didnt get D'arc or sypho filter either...REALLY wanted the GOW though...oh Sony...why do forsake your humble servant?!![/quote]

Same here, except I did receive the Syphon Filter one. I was really looking forward to playing GoW, maybe it'll still arrive.

I JUST got the demo yesterday. I signed up like right when it started. Not sure why it took so long. Anyway I thought it was pretty good. Only beef I have is that walking on the wooden plank things is kind of annoying with the analog, but I'm sure I'll get used to it. I really liked the action and the stuff going on in the background. It really sucks you in.

[quote name='Blackout542']I JUST got the demo yesterday. I signed up like right when it started. Not sure why it took so long. Anyway I thought it was pretty good. Only beef I have is that walking on the wooden plank things is kind of annoying with the analog, but I'm sure I'll get used to it. I really liked the action and the stuff going on in the background. It really sucks you in.[/quote]

Yeah, the planks part was a bit annoying but you can quickly press X i believe and save yourself. Then just double jump when you're close to the end ;) 2008 is going to be a great year for the PSP.

It blows that this demo was only exclusive to America and wasn't available to Canada. I really want to check it out and see if the controls really work. If anyone is done with the demo and is willing to let it go, please pm me:)

[quote name='gizmo29']It blows that this demo was only exclusive to America and wasn't available to Canada. I really want to check it out and see if the controls really work. If anyone is done with the demo and is willing to let it go, please pm me:)[/quote]

The controls are really good on the PSP. Only complaints I had were for the weird analog at certain points, but you'll probably get over that quick.

[quote name='ashram']11/30 i think...[/quote]

The coupon expired? Well, that's one thing that's completely useless to me if my demo ever arrives.This is ridiculous.

Eagerly awaiting todays content. The game flat out looks and plays amazing. Considering the story will be pretty damn good like the rest, definitely a winner on their hands.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']http://gamevideos.com/video/id/16611

If you didn't see it, the video's up now.[/quote]

I saw that earlier today. Personally, the 222 MHz version would have been fine considering the limitations of the PSP at that time. But man, does it ever look nice with the full 333 MHz behind it.

Supposedly Gamestop is offering or will be offering a demo of this game when you preorder it. I have no idea if it's the same demo as the one sent out for PS Underground members.

bread's done
Back