God of War Collection $30 at Gamestop.com

Awesome deal! I was about to buy this yesterday on amazon for 36 something but decided against it since I actually wanted it to come down more.

Does anyone know if they released a patch or fix for the bugs in the PS3 port? I believe there were some nasty bugs that prevented you from completing the games.

[quote name='TurboPascal']Does anyone know if they released a patch or fix for the bugs in the PS3 port? I believe there were some nasty bugs that prevented you from completing the games.[/QUOTE]

What bugs do you speak of? I don't recall seeing anyone mention issues with either game in the GOW Collection thread.

[quote name='TurboPascal']Does anyone know if they released a patch or fix for the bugs in the PS3 port? I believe there were some nasty bugs that prevented you from completing the games.[/QUOTE]

I beat both, there are no bugs at all.

Completing as in getting all the trophies? If so I cannot comment on that, though I personally know someone with got a platinum in GoW, not sure about GoW2. As far as beating the games, I've beaten them both from the collection.

I've beaten GoW 4 times and got the Platinum and didn't run into a single bug. About 5 hours in on GoW2 and also haven't seen any bugs. I think you've got some misinformation.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got this at BB when it was $10 off when you reserve GoW3.

I have really gotten into beating both and the PSP version before 3 comes out. $30 is a great deal.

But it while on sale at BB, avoid GS at all costs.

I know what you're talking about. There was some section where a handful of people would initiate one sequence before another by accident and it would completely mess up the game. Unfortunately, I'm not sure if they've released a patch. It seems like a few isolated incidents, so it's probably safe for you to pick this up, though.

[quote name='VyseArcad1a']FYI, the GoD Collection will be $30 at Best Buy next week.[/QUOTE]

Is that in the flyer for next week?

[quote name='ZForce915']Awesome. I was just initiating trade offers for this...[/QUOTE]

/jedi mind trick

This is not the thread you are looking for....

:razz:

This deal will also apply to in store copies starting
tomorrow. This is a promotion for the new marketing
period so take advantage of it. No shipping charge for
in store purchase...(hint)

Have anyone ever done a price adjust with Gamestop before because I just bought this game Friday. Just wanna know if they'll credit me the difference.

[quote name='ToadStoolPorridge']I know what you're talking about. There was some section where a handful of people would initiate one sequence before another by accident and it would completely mess up the game. Unfortunately, I'm not sure if they've released a patch. It seems like a few isolated incidents, so it's probably safe for you to pick this up, though.[/QUOTE]

That bug existed in the original PS2 version. And it's only in God of War II. You can google what the bug was, if you feel like you'll have a problem... it was sort of doing a puzzle out of order and not let you complete it.

Otherwise, the Collection itself has no issues at all with the porting, and no additional bugs have been created with the porting to the PS3.

[quote name='jr1016']Have anyone ever done a price adjust with Gamestop before because I just bought this game Friday. Just wanna know if they'll credit me the difference.[/QUOTE]

Most stores have a corporate policy of if they lower the price within 7 days that you can adjust it as long as you bring the receipt. Some states have laws about it too so that stores must do it unless they have an "all sales final" sign.

[quote name='GuardianE']That bug existed in the original PS2 version. And it's only in God of War II. You can google what the bug was, if you feel like you'll have a problem... it was sort of doing a puzzle out of order and not let you complete it.

Otherwise, the Collection itself has no issues at all with the porting, and no additional bugs have been created with the porting to the PS3.[/QUOTE]

I few months ago I started playing GOW1 on the PS2 and I ran into some glitch and I could not continue into the next area I was supposed to go to. I looked online and only a handful of people had gotten it. I guess I messed with some switches I wasn't supposed to touch yet. I had just saved it before the glitch so I gave up on the game as I did not want to redo a bunch of stuff over.

When I replayed it on GOW collection, I didn't mess with the switches and everything went ok. I would guess this version would have it patched.
I just finished playing the whole collection today and had no problems.

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']Thanks OP. I just bought the God of War Collection and PopCap Arcade Hits Volume 2 (used for the 360) for a total of $36.93 after $7 deal and EDGE.[/QUOTE]

PopCap Arcade Hits Volume 2 sold out really fast. Did they only have 1 copy?

[quote name='bert90987']Most stores have a corporate policy of if they lower the price within 7 days that you can adjust it as long as you bring the receipt. Some states have laws about it too so that stores must do it unless they have an "all sales final" sign.[/QUOTE]
Went to one Gamestop and ask to price adjust but the store manager is a total prick and won't do it so I called the store where I bought it from and he said that is not a problem just bring the receipt in.....FYI fellow CAGS here in Sac., manager @ Truxel is a total douche bag.

[quote name='jrhawk42']Does anybody know what the ps2 versions go for trade in... do they even take GOW anymore?[/QUOTE]

Sure they will take them. However, it might not be even worth your time to drive over and trade it in.

Amazon's trade in program is offering $1.75 for GOW1 and between $.75 - $4.00 for GOW2. I can't see Gamestop or any other store offering you more. Either sell it on craigslist or keep them.

[quote name='jrhawk42']Does anybody know what the ps2 versions go for trade in... do they even take GOW anymore?[/QUOTE]

Considering the original God Of War for PS2 sells for $9.99 at Gamestop now, I doubt more than $2 for that game. Usually you can determine what you'll get in TIV(or pretty close by dividing the used price in half and taking maybe another $1-2 off of that).:cry:

Thanks for the post, OP. I picked up the GoW collection last week with credit from the BB Sudoku DS game. Went back tonight, asked for the difference back as credit, and got it. So basically, I got paid $6 to get the collection...not too shabby.

I traded GoW1 last week and I think it was $2.25 before Edge...but don't quote me on that. I can't find the damn slip.

My BB still has those boxes for GoW3 preorder that discounts GoW Collection by $10. If I PM'd Gamestop's price would I be able to get this for $19.99? It's still $39.99 at BB.

[quote name='jling84']My BB still has those boxes for GoW3 preorder that discounts GoW Collection by $10. If I PM'd Gamestop's price would I be able to get this for $19.99? It's still $39.99 at BB.[/QUOTE]

The system may not stack the promos: price match and $10 off which means it could be iffy with the store manager. I waiting until Sunday when BB will have it for $29.99. Only thing is, will the $10 be taken off of the collection or $5 of the collection and preorder which has happened to me in the past.

Hmmm yeah I'm going to wait until Sunday too. I just saw that BB is dropping the price. It is just too much hassle trying to get a PM with my local BBs and add on top of that trying to apply the promo would be nearly impossible.

[quote name='jling84']Hmmm yeah I'm going to wait until Sunday too. I just saw that BB is dropping the price. It is just too much hassle trying to get a PM with my local BBs and add on top of that trying to apply the promo would be nearly impossible.[/QUOTE]
What promo are you talking about?

[quote name='lllGurulll']What promo are you talking about?[/QUOTE]

The $10 off you get when you preorder GoW3.

[quote name='jling84']The $10 off you get when you preorder GoW3.[/QUOTE]
Ahh. Not really sure I want III unfortunately. I didn't care for the demo.

So far, I am finding that Chains of Olympus is the only title I like right now.

If you are looking to buy the collection you can always cancel your preorder on GoW3 and still get the 10 off the collection.

For those that preordered from BB, was the $10 taken off the Collection or $5 of the collection and $5 for the preorder. If from the preorer, I wonder if you'd get the $5 if you cancelled.

Just bought a PS2 and respective copies a few months back. Beat and sold my PS2 versions for $20 so that's how much I'll pay to replace them with this. Hopefully it'll hit that this year sometime. Would totally do it for $30 if I hadn't already bought the PS2 copies for that much this year.

bread's done
Back