God of War Collection availability?????

GIDoty

CAGiversary!
So today I wanted to buy the God of War Collection at Target (where I have a gift card), and to my disappointment, they didn't have it. I then walked next store to Toys R Us (again I have a gift card), where they also didn't have it. I didn't have anytime to check Gamestop, where I was pretty sure they had it, so I just went home. I looked online and noticed that it's not available online at toysrus.com or Target.com. So, what gives? Is the collection not carried at some retailers because they thinks its gonna bomb or waiting for their orders to get shipped in?

[quote name='GIDoty']So today I wanted to buy the God of War Collection at Target (where I have a gift card), and to my disappointment, they didn't have it. I then walked next store to Toys R Us (again I have a gift card), where they also didn't have it. I didn't have anytime to check Gamestop, where I was pretty sure they had it, so I just went home. I looked online and noticed that it's not available online at toysrus.com or Target.com. So, what gives? Is the collection not carried at some retailers because they thinks its gonna bomb or waiting for their orders to get shipped in?[/QUOTE]

We are Target are notorious for being slow in getting non-hi-profile new release games in. I am sure that we will get it... it just may take a while.

[quote name='GIDoty']So today I wanted to buy the God of War Collection at Target (where I have a gift card), and to my disappointment, they didn't have it. I then walked next store to Toys R Us (again I have a gift card), where they also didn't have it. I didn't have anytime to check Gamestop, where I was pretty sure they had it, so I just went home. I looked online and noticed that it's not available online at toysrus.com or Target.com. So, what gives? Is the collection not carried at some retailers because they thinks its gonna bomb or waiting for their orders to get shipped in?[/QUOTE]

You should have asked someone at Target. The game isn't currently on the planogram so unless a store is on their game and makes a spot for it in the case, the planogram doesn't call for it and most stores will leave it sitting in the backroom until it is put on the planogram (probably next week).

man I don't miss working at target. I hated planograms :p. This collection seems to be kind of hard to find for some people. Walmart didn't have it where I lived so I had to suffer and go to gamestop of all places. Urgh.

[quote name='xinoart']man I don't miss working at target. I hated planograms :p. This collection seems to be kind of hard to find for some people. Walmart didn't have it where I lived so I had to suffer and go to gamestop of all places. Urgh.[/QUOTE]

Same here, I didn't really want to go to my Gamestop because I've had some issues with that particular store in the past.

I've been calling every evening to the local TRU stores in NYC.
None of them have God of War Collection in stock. They aren't "sold-out," they just never received the game.

I bought MW2 and got a $20 gift card. Then I bought Uncharted 2, so I could get $20 off another game, plus use my $20 gift card. I wanted this game to be GoW Collection. But since they don't have it, I just bought a random PS3 game priced at $40 so I can exchange it when/if they get GoW Collection.

I've been looking forward to playing GoW Collection, so I'm really bummed I wasn't able to get it ASAP....

[quote name='RedvsBlue']You should have asked someone at Target. The game isn't currently on the planogram so unless a store is on their game and makes a spot for it in the case, the planogram doesn't call for it and most stores will leave it sitting in the backroom until it is put on the planogram (probably next week).[/QUOTE]

Went back to target and the cashier at the electronics desk knew nothing about it.

I've seen it everywhere I've gone so far. So I don't know why people are having a hard time finding it.

I just reached the Temple of Pandora in the first one (a little over 2 hours in). I'm guessing I won't beat it in under 5 hours. I doubt I'll max out all my weapons, either. I've gotten all the Gorgon Eyes, though.

i finally got my copy i the mail they sent it in a box which is odd since usually they send bubble mailer. they give you trophies for alot of weird stuff only got so far as beating the hydra and earned about 2 or 3 trophies.

I checked in-store at Toys R Us, Target, & Wal-mart. I finally found it at Blockbuster Video, glad I had some gc to burn. The associate at Target told me they only received one, and an employee bought it.

The game isn't hard to find at all. It's just that I need to get it from TRU, and TRU is the only place that isn't carrying it (yet).

[quote name='GIDoty']Went back to target and the cashier at the electronics desk knew nothing about it.[/QUOTE]

Did you have them look it up for a backroom location?

[quote name='doubledown']Is there a GOW Collection thread? Apparently there are issues with this game NOT working on original 60GB systems.[/QUOTE]

It's working fine here.

Heads up on a Trophy Glitch: Boss Batch 3 doesn't seem to be unlocking for some people, and it's unknown why it's not unlocking. Some people are claiming that it doesn't unlock on the first playthrough, while some say you have to do it all 3 bosses in a single sitting. Some say it gives you the Trophy but it doesn't pop up.

Went in yesterday to Target and said they might get in some more copies today. The manager said that they only had about 3 copies at launch (wtf)!

[quote name='doubledown']Is there a GOW Collection thread? Apparently there are issues with this game NOT working on original 60GB systems.[/QUOTE]

No shit? I haven't seen that. I can't fathom how this would be, but I guess I better research it a bit since I planned on picking this up later this week.

bread's done
Back