God of War: Collection - Delayed?

yesiamaplant

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
So I roll in to my local GS today, after receiving a text saying my God of War Collection was there, only to be told the game was never shipped and has been indefinitely delayed.

Incidentally, I then bought a copy of Assassin's Creed II from the giant stack of them sitting on the counter and was condescendingly scolded for not preordering (d00d ur so lucky u got that, omg ur so lucky that wuz here u should rilly preorder next time, d00d exclusive map).

Anyone else have the same problem (with GOW: Collection, not d-bag Gamestop employees, that is)?

i preordered my copy last month sometimes and today it said that it was backordered then later tonight it switched to shipped so my best guess is they probably had more preorderes than they had actual stock on hand. probably assumed like many that alot of ps3 owners already had he ps2 games and wouldnt want the new collection.

i also notced they changed their wording on whether preorders wuld get the gow3 demo or not. first all preorders were gauranteed a gow3 demo and later i got an email from them saying while supplies last.

My store said they'd have it later today.

It's just another one of those ship date/street date things.

I doubt its delayed, maybe just shipped late. I already platinumed GOW1 and am going through GOW2 to platinum that next. Its absolutely absurd how amazing the games are.

[quote name='blitz6speed']I doubt its delayed, maybe just shipped late. I already platinumed GOW1 and am going through GOW2 to platinum that next. Its absolutely absurd how amazing the games are.[/QUOTE]

And it was absolutely absurd how amazing they were....on the Playstation 2 last gen.:roll:

Now if a Grand Theft Auto PS2/Xbox collection comes out, someone let me know please.

[quote name='pochaccoheaven']it sort of weird. here you have sony releasing a god of war 1-2 compilation disc but they are also planning a ps2 download service for the ps3. you'll definitely know for sure that god of war 1-2 will likely appear in that download service as well.

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/35855/PS2-titles-coming-to-PSN[/QUOTE]

of course it will but in the meantime people prefer and want a physical copy of the games and chances are if its made into a dd the games will be sold seperately.

It's really upsetting to hear the myriad of possibilities explaining why I was out and out lied to. It's not like I was pinning my hopes and dreams on having it, so I would have been happy to just get an "I don't know" explanation, but to have this guy make up this song and dance whole cloth?

Edit, for anyone in the Tucson area, the location is 2910 N Campbell Ave, Tucson, AZ. It's the one just north of Glenn, near the Old Chicago Pizza Company. According to their website, no GS in town got the game, but at least 2 employees at other locations didn't lie to me when I asked for an explanation.

I think I'm officially no longer a Gamestop customer. Not that location, anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:
My store had it come in on Wednesday. Since it wasn't street dated, it actually shipped on Tuesday from what I understand.

That store must have had a delay in their shipment (or you went in on Tuesday) was for whatever reason the employee must have been worried you would cancel a pre-order/get the game somewhere else since they didn't have it.

Sad that all they had to do was say there was a delay in the shipping but if you preorder the game you could be notified when it comes in or suggest you could just call the store back tomorrow. Now they've lost a customer, one who would likely buy multiple games from them.

I wonder whey they are getting the game considering it's part of the Black Friday PS3 bundle package they're selling.

They might just be holding it for Black Friday. But who knows, they're probably getting each copy so they can change the boxart to match their ads. Of course, you'd get 2 boxes and 1 would be empty, but that's your problem.

[quote name='mykevermin']You really showed those gamestop employees what jerks they were by buying games from them.[/QUOTE]

I didn't really feel that the details of my entire transaction were relevant, but if you must know I was clearing out left over trade credit, and the guy who was being a jerk wasn't the one ringing me out, just making comments from the sidelines.

You sure showed me. Dick.

bread's done
Back