God of War: Collection (PS3) $24.99 + $5 GoW III Bonus @ Amazon

wquach

CAGiversary!
Feedback
17 (100%)
The God of War: Collection (PS3) is now $5 lower on Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/God-War-Collection-Playstation-3/dp/B002NN7AKU/ref=pd_sim_vg_2

I figured this was a good deal given that the Hastings deal is over now and the fact that you still get an additional $5 off the pre-order of God of War III with this purchase.

Free shipping with Amazon Prime, or find a cheap filler item for FSSS.

If this is a repost, my apologies.

If I've already pre-ordered GoW III, will the $5 code apply to that order? Because I got it while it was in my gold box so I don't wanna lose that discount...

[quote name='CRH7386']If I've already pre-ordered GoW III, will the $5 code apply to that order? Because I got it while it was in my gold box so I don't wanna lose that discount...[/QUOTE]

Email Amazon's customer service and ask them to apply the credit to your existing preorder. They did it for me!

Very tempting, since I only own GoW1. Sigh, too many games...not enough time. I assume the improved resolution is worth it?

[quote name='Callandor']Email Amazon's customer service and ask them to apply the credit to your existing preorder. They did it for me![/QUOTE]

Alright, sweet! I'll have to think about if I really wanna jump on this or not... Thanks for the info :)

[quote name='Rusk']Very tempting, since I only own GoW1. Sigh, too many games...not enough time. I assume the improved resolution is worth it?[/QUOTE]

The games do look better, and $25 is a steal for these two games, but the PS3 controller put me off - the game's mechanics require you to constantly hammer the R2 button, which isn't easy on a PS3 pad given the nature of the button. Furthermore, you can't adjust the controls. If you can deal with that, though, I say go full steam ahead.

[quote name='wasurenai']The games do look better, and $25 is a steal for these two games, but the PS3 controller put me off - the game's mechanics require you to constantly hammer the R2 button, which isn't easy on a PS3 pad given the nature of the button. Furthermore, you can't adjust the controls. If you can deal with that, though, I say go full steam ahead.[/QUOTE]
R2 is kinda annoying, but it's worth it for the wireless of the ps3 controller (and being able to turn the console on/off from the controller). And 720p is so sweet for these games... definitely worth it.

[quote name='scott_matthews']Thanks OP, I'm going to have to see if they will apply that $5 towards my existing pre-order of the Ultimate Edition.[/QUOTE]

Order Bonus
Order God of War: Collection and get a $5 credit towards the purchase of the standard edition of God of War III.

[quote name='Anhmeister']Order Bonus
Order God of War: Collection and get a $5 credit towards the purchase of the standard edition of God of War III.[/QUOTE]

Doh. :( Guess I'll just hold off then. Bummer. Thanks for the clarification Anhmeister

[quote name='wasurenai']The games do look better, and $25 is a steal for these two games, but the PS3 controller put me off - the game's mechanics require you to constantly hammer the R2 button, which isn't easy on a PS3 pad given the nature of the button. Furthermore, you can't adjust the controls. If you can deal with that, though, I say go full steam ahead.[/QUOTE]

For R2 and L2, buy the $5 Real Triggers. I got some earlier this week and they seem to make it much easier to use both buttons.

Looks like this deal is already dead. GOW collection is back to 29.99. For any one looking to get the ultimate edition, you are gonna have to look somewhere other than amazon cause they are all sold out of their pre orders.

[quote name='cag1000']Will the God of War collection be included in the GoW 3 Ultimate Edition? Thought I read that.[/QUOTE]

Only in Europe, as they didn't actually get a release for the GoW Collection. Here's a Kotaku article about it, which really does make me wish we were getting it.

bread's done
Back