God of War: Ghost of Sparta 19.99 TRU

krython

CAGiversary!
All, I looked and did not see this posted so I thought I'd go ahead and post. My apologies if this is a duplicate post.

Just picked up God of War: Ghost of Sparta for 19.99 at Toys R Us. Their website shows the same price, however, indicates this is B&M only:
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=10919137

The copy I snagged also has a voucher for a downloadable Deimos skin for God of War III on PS3.
TRU.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='lokizz']do you get that gow3 skin no matter where you buy the game? and would you get it if you bought it off psn?[/QUOTE]

The copy I purchased states on the cover the skin is included. I do not believe this is the case with every copy and may have been a limited production run.

[quote name='krython']The copy I purchased states on the cover the skin is included. I do not believe this is the case with every copy and may have been a limited production run.[/QUOTE]

thanks for the info ill give it some more time till the price drops and pick it up for 10 or maybe they will put it up on psn.

Best Buy will price-match TRU, for those who have giftcards or Rewardzone certificates, but slightly YMMV depending on if that cashier will allow website prices (vs weekly ad).

[quote name='lokizz']thanks for the info ill give it some more time till the price drops and pick it up for 10 or maybe they will put it up on psn.[/QUOTE]

don't think they last long enuf for $10 though it seems like the psp volumes have been way down even before the NGP announcement. I got it $20ish @ TRU during their b2 +$30 get a $20-$25 giftcard so I did well. Great game

Did you not know about the Buy 1 Get 1 free on PSP and PS2 games or could you just not find anything you wanted? You might want to see if they will let you get another game for half price.

Also, it looked like all psp and ps2 games were $19.99 including newer ones.

[quote name='shoe478']Did you not know about the Buy 1 Get 1 free on PSP and PS2 games or could you just not find anything you wanted? You might want to see if they will let you get another game for half price.

Also, it looked like all psp and ps2 games were $19.99 including newer ones.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the B1G1 50% is nice. Kingdom Hearts: BoS (or whatever it is) was also $20, not much of a PSP selection left unfortunately.

Awesome. Thanks for the heads up OP! Picked a copy up at lunch. They still had the Deimos codes as well.
But what was left of the PSP section was stuck in the back corner of the game area.

[quote name='shoe478']Did you not know about the Buy 1 Get 1 free on PSP and PS2 games or could you just not find anything you wanted? You might want to see if they will let you get another game for half price.

Also, it looked like all psp and ps2 games were $19.99 including newer ones.[/QUOTE]

Is this a permanent clearance thing for PSP/PS2 titles? Haven't heard about it recently.

EDIT: Supposedly runs through 3/13 if anyone else cared.

Last edited by a moderator:
Stopped my my local store but they were out of stock. It was tagged at $19.99 as regular price, so maybe it is a price drop. I did buy an Issac Clarke action figure while there though. Hadn't seen those before.

All PSP games are $19.99 and B1G1 1/2 off, as are PS2 games. Snagged the last GoW at St. Matthews in Louisville.

[quote name='thundarr']All PSP games are $19.99 and B1G1 1/2 off, as are PS2 games. Snagged the last GoW at St. Matthews in Louisville.[/QUOTE]

For real? All of them?

[quote name='Ilikecoldbeverages']For real? All of them?[/QUOTE]

No, some were cheaper than $19.99 :)

All I know is that EVERY PSP game I saw was $19.99.

[quote name='shoe478']No, some were cheaper than $19.99 :)

All I know is that EVERY PSP game I saw was $19.99.[/QUOTE]

Come to think of it, I did notice this too. Saw Birth by Sleep at $19.99 too. Great price if I didn't already have it.

Is their an ad for this somewhere, I can't find anything aside from the B1G1 50% Off on DS titles.

[quote name='Psybuster']Is this a permanent clearance thing for PSP/PS2 titles? Haven't heard about it recently.

EDIT: Supposedly runs through 3/13 if anyone else cared.[/QUOTE]

Where did you hear about this from? Just curious because I'm going to try and stop in before the 13th, so I'm hoping the deal is going on at the TRU near me.

[quote name='PhantomKing5']Is their an ad for this somewhere, I can't find anything aside from the B1G1 50% Off on DS titles.

Where did you hear about this from? Just curious because I'm going to try and stop in before the 13th, so I'm hoping the deal is going on at the TRU near me.[/QUOTE]

I just know about about it because they had a sign up.

Has anyone else confirmed the B1G1 50% off on PSP games? I would love to run out to TRU, but not really wanting to go out unless I know the sale isn't just a single store or in a certain area.

[quote name='GaveUpTomorrow']Has anyone else confirmed the B1G1 50% off on PSP games? I would love to run out to TRU, but not really wanting to go out unless I know the sale isn't just a single store or in a certain area.[/QUOTE]
Its was running at my store when I was there yesterday

bread's done
Back