God Of War Ghost of Sparta Pre Order $29.99 Amazon.com

Sweet! Will be getting my $5 back from GameStop. Sure, I could see the extra $10 as paying for the privilege of playing on release day, but I probably won't start it tight away, so might as well go Amazon.

[quote name='token2k6']wake up Amazon, put the little drop down box to include "digital version" and watch more sales roll in, I'd definitely be in for one, but not UMD, esp with PSP2 prolly being UMD-less if it is that cell-phone hybrid indeed..[/QUOTE]

There is no way the PSP2 will lack physical media. The PSPgo has failed quite badly, and making the next PSP require their users to download their games would mark a certain failure for the next generation. It just isn't time yet. Perhaps in 10 years, but not now.

[quote name='KueMan10']There is no way the PSP2 will lack physical media. The PSPgo has failed quite badly, and making the next PSP require their users to download their games would mark a certain failure for the next generation. It just isn't time yet. Perhaps in 10 years, but not now.[/QUOTE]

I think its more that folks already had UMD based games and stores have UMD based games cheaper. On top of that the PSPgo actually cost MORE than the psp 3000 with UMD drive. The PSP2 on the other hand will most likely be a completely different system as such people will be more likely to accept it as a download only console.

For anyone with a previous pre-order worrying about the price not dropping: my pre-order from August automatically updated to the 29.99 price today.

[quote name='MrYouTube']really people still own PSP's ?? from the numbers of people getting rid of them you would think they were radioactive[/QUOTE]

If I didn't know Peace Walker was coming out, I may have sold it last year. But after that, so many other PSP games came out that I was interested in; Persona 3 Portable, Valkyria Chronicles 2, Ys 7, Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep, and this new GoW game is coming soon. Very glad I held on to the PSP; would've been downright silly of me to sell it when it's having its best year.

[quote name='MrYouTube']really people still own PSP's ?? from the numbers of people getting rid of them you would think they were radioactive[/QUOTE]

For controls I prefer the DS but the psp does have a decent selection of games.

I might pick one up if I find a kickass black friday deal.

My GameStop wasn't happy that I cancelled my preorder, but I renewed my Edge card, so all is good.

[quote name='Buuhan1']My GameStop wasn't happy that I cancelled my preorder, but I renewed my Edge card, so all is good.[/QUOTE]
:applause: Gamestop sucks don't preorder with them anyway.

[quote name='turls']Darn it, wasted 2 seconds clicking on this because title didn't say PC/360/GameCube/GameBoy/PS3 etc.

:roll:[/QUOTE]
Ah but you didn't waste 30 seconds while using your mobile phone, did you?
:lol:

[quote name='Vader582']Ah but you didn't waste 30 seconds while using your mobile phone, did you?
:lol:[/QUOTE]

Nice one, you remember the thread I'm talking about don't you Vader?

Just goes to prove the icons are worthless. ;) I at least used an icon that gave different info than the title, but in this thread no hate at all when redundant title and icon are used.

[quote name='turls']Just goes to prove the icons are worthless. ;) I at least used an icon that gave different info than the title, but in this thread no hate at all when redundant title and icon are used.[/QUOTE]
Bored at work huh?:roll:
Except you had a title (SW: Force Unleashed 2, IIRC) that is multiplatform.
God of War: Ghost of Sparta is only coming out for the PSP.
See the difference? I'm sure you don't.

[quote name='Vader582']God of War: Ghost of Sparta is only coming out for the PSP.
See the difference? I'm sure you don't.[/QUOTE]

I'm sure every CAG knows that on a pre-release, as well :roll:

[quote name='turls']I'm sure every CAG knows that on a pre-release, as well :roll:[/QUOTE]
Oy. I was right.
I think most CAGs know, at the very least, that a God of War title is going to be attached to some Sony platform. 2 choices there instead of 5 or 6.

Deal is now dead? Back up to $39.99. Shoot, hopefully K-mart will have an insane deal on it like they did with Peace Walker for $20.

Crosses fingers.

damn! i noticed it was 30 bucks yesterday when i was fixing my pre order for NBA 2K11 and then i noticed this thread...and its back to 40. i hope it drops back down again before release date....either way im still only spending 30 bucks though because NBA 2k11 comes with a $10 GC

I preordered this for $29.99 then today I was wanting to buy Samurai Shodown Anthology for $14.99. I wanted free shipping on SSA so I decided to cancel the preorder to combine them (without looking at the price of GOW, of course) and now it's $39.99. That sucks!

Amazon's preorder price guarantee is awesome. I preordered this few months ago when it was in my gold box. Now it's down to $28.49. :applause:

[quote name='SpeedBrkr']Anyone know when the God of War: Ghost of Spart pre-order promo code from Amazon expires?[/QUOTE]

Mine doesn't have an expiration date in the e-mail, so I'm gonna guess and say it doesn't.

[quote name='earvcunanan']That pre-order package is being sold for $15+ on eBay o_O[/QUOTE]

Oh yeah?

Hmm, I 'do' have an extra...

[quote name='earvcunanan']That pre-order package is being sold for $15+ on eBay o_O[/QUOTE]

I sold my Gamestop preorder code for $30 and the Deimos skin for $25 separately. Game is now free for me essentially.

bread's done
Back