God of War: Ghost of Sparta (PSP) - 9.98 (TRU, B&M)

FOnewearl

CAGiversary!
Feedback
129 (100%)
Just dropped on clearance today, also noted in the TRU clearance thread with a few other 9.98 games but I figured since TRU clearance has been so bad lately that this would be worth making it's own thread for as not to be overlooked.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the info OP. I'm going to hit TRU today to look for a few of these. Plus, remember, if you pick them up today, you have 30 days if they have any clearance sales that you can price match.

[quote name='psunami']Thanks for the info OP. I'm going to hit TRU today to look for a few of these. Plus, remember, if you pick them up today, you have 30 days if they have any clearance sales that you can price match.[/QUOTE]
Not always. Some bitch store manager at my nearby store once told me they won't price adjust clearance games because their goal is to make money, and they flat out told me I could return them and rebuy it later if I want but they won't put it back on the sale floor immediately.

[quote name='XenoNinjaX']toysrus.com doesn't show any stores near me got it in stock. you guys think i should drive there to check anyway?[/QUOTE]

Depends on how far your store is. There was a drop apparently so you might find something else good.

You can always CALL and give them the 6 digit # and they can say if they have any.

That's right, I said CALL.

I checked the inventory for my store and I know they had some the other day. It says they don't now so either they ALL got bought up or the store thing doesn't work on clearance.

Yeah, that store locator isn't always accurate. When they had the DJ Hero 2 bundles on sale online, it said my local store was suddenly all sold out. When I went there, they still had the six bundles I had seen previously.

When I was there the other day (Saturday) they had "additional 30% off clearance games" stickers in the glass case. I didn't take notice of dates.

[quote name='ilikeme1337']i'm probably not going to be able to make it to tru until tomorrow, but i'm confused, some people in the tru thread says the b1g1 50% off clearance ended in april, did it get extended and it will now end sometime in may instead or has it been certain weeks that it's been valid?

Also which 6 digit # is the right one?

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productid=10871410

that page says: 603706

or

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productid=10919137

that page says: 577549[/quote]

[quote name='RutgersKev']This is trading in for $20 at best buy[/QUOTE]
Ditto for me too. I was just there earlier today and traded 3 games for $30 each. If GoW:GoS is on clearance at my TRU, I'll buy a couple copies to flip. I'm saving up for a TV!

My TRU also had maybe all of a dozen PSP games, no Ghost of Sparta. Too bad, good deal. BTW, for those wondering, all the signage for the clearance deals (BOGO 50%, or 30% off all clearance) was gone, so that's that then.

I submitted a price match request on the page - we'll see if they do it. I doubt it though, since this is a clearance game.

You know, Amazon might not know it's a clearance. There isn't listed anything on the page about it being a clearance. I wish we thought of this earlier. There's probably lots of clearance items out there we could've taken an Amazon pricematch on.

Hopefully I can find a copy or two. I certainly would like one for keeps. Another would be excellent for trade fodder.

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']None of the stores around me don't have it. So I would love it if Amazon price matched this.[/QUOTE]Why don't you just go to the store and pick it up?

[quote name='robodaddyo']Why don't you just go to the store and pick it up?[/QUOTE]

I think he/she means that it's not in stock at any of the TRU stores near his/her residence.

[quote name='blazenumb1']Has anyone went into a BB store to see if they would price match TRU'S deal?[/QUOTE]

BB is not supposed to PM clearance prices.

I went to bb they refused to price match because no tru stores in the area have the game in stock I tried different cashiers.

[quote name='CGH']I went to bb they refused to price match because no tru stores in the area have the game in stock I tried different cashiers.[/QUOTE]

As they say, YMMV. I'm sure there's stores out there that won't call to check, so perhaps another CAG will have better luck. I'm going to give it a shot later this week and/or hit up the local Toys R' Us' around me.

While others have noted this is a clearance item, there isn't anything on the page stating that hence I think we could slip by and get somebody to price match this!

Anybody try pricematching after buying the games? I never had a cashier call to check stocks at other stores when I did it that way.

[quote name='Donut2922']BB is not supposed to PM clearance prices.[/QUOTE]

Doesn't matter just show them the online TRU page "clearance" isn't listed my BB will do it no problem. Gonna buy 3 from BB for $30 w/pm to flip plus I'll earn more RZ points & gamers points so I'll only be $120 away from another $10 RZ cert. Flips like these can propel you to RZ silver status in no time. Between the $30 in gc's for Socom/MK/Portal + $45 in pre-order credit & this $60 flip I'll be able to get a PS3 for less than $100 out of pocket once the price cut happens.

[quote name='Enuf']Doesn't matter just show them the online TRU page "clearance" isn't listed my BB will do it no problem. Gonna buy 3 from BB for $30 w/pm to flip plus I'll earn more RZ points & gamers points so I'll only be $120 away from another $10 RZ cert. Flips like these can propel you to RZ silver status in no time. Between the $30 in gc's for Socom/MK/Portal + $45 in pre-order credit & this $60 flip I'll be able to get a PS3 for less than $100 out of pocket once the price cut happens.[/QUOTE]

While you may be able to get it, it is still YMMV in that some employees will be aware that $9.98 is a clearance price since sale prices would end with a $.99 instead of $.98. Hence, I meant that BB is supposed to but not guaranteed they'll block this PM.

damn i just want the bloody gow3 skin that comes with it but i dont want to be stuck with a game i wont play. if someone would like to trade or sell the skin that comes with it let me know.

So if BB pm's TRU and I buy a few copies can i flip them back to the store for a profit(buy them for $10 and sell them back for $20)?

[quote name='Donut2922']While you may be able to get it, it is still YMMV in that some employees will be aware that $9.98 is a clearance price since sale prices would end with a $.99 instead of $.98. Hence, I meant that BB is supposed to but not guaranteed they'll block this PM.[/QUOTE]

From reading CAG & the BB forums page they can barely keep up with their own stuff much less be on point over a penny. Walmart's web prices can end in all types of crazy cents .54, .86 & I've never had a problem at all. I think it's more likely people will get denied is b/c TRU will be outta stock.

[quote name='lokizz']damn i just want the bloody gow3 skin that comes with it but i dont want to be stuck with a game i wont play. if someone would like to trade or sell the skin that comes with it let me know.[/QUOTE]
There is no gow3 skin in the package, I just opened it.

bread's done
Back