God of War II pre order $41.xx shipped with GCO from CDuniverse

thespamofpower

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
While looking for other places that were giving $20 off 50 with google checkout, I discovered that preorders for god of war II were being accepted. CDUniverse only has the usual $10 off 30, but still a good deal.

Link

The only downside might be paying for it upfront. Wouldn't GCO charge it now and then you're out the $40+ until it ships in Feb. 2007?

If the whopping retail $49.99 holds, it'll be cheaper than BB's GGC though. Kind of hoping the price is going to be lower than that. It's supposed to be one of the PS2's last hurrahs, but $50 bites.

lol why would the price drop below $49.99? if the price were to drop lower this would be the last game that would drop seeing as how it is probably going to be ps2's last great game. you can always rent it or get gamefly or a similar service f you dont want to pay the full retail price.

[quote name='Mookyjooky']Can you go back to PS2 after the next gen has already happened? I cant.[/QUOTE]

Ummm graphics mean nothing... That being said I can easily go back to my PS2 to play GOW II. :)

[quote name='kmartbum001']lol why would the price drop below $49.99? if the price were to drop lower this would be the last game that would drop seeing as how it is probably going to be ps2's last great game. you can always rent it or get gamefly or a similar service f you dont want to pay the full retail price.[/quote]

Most of the new releases are $39.99 so it's not that far fetched to think otherwise. It's not like retailers don't play around with the "List Price". Yoshi's Island DS has $39.75 list price on Amazon, $34.99 at CDuniverse, $35.99 at Buy. I haven't seen the actual MSRP anywhere else for GOW II and it's far enough away that it can change.

Not planning to buy it immediately anyway. Hell, I'll wait for it to become Greatest Hits if it's so hot and let everyone else pay full retail as they please. But they must be damn confident that it will live up to expectations if they want to be one of the few premium priced games at launch.

bread's done
Back