God of War II - Titan Mode - Is the biggest pile o'**** ever!

Ravenous

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
:bomb::bomb::bomb:

Has anyone tried this shit? I thought Id give it a shot as I beat GOWI with God mode but this is impossible. Im at Theseus and it just bullshits me as soon as that bitch hops on top of the building. After 4 hours I fucking hate this shit and I hope who ever had the bright idea of making it harder than it has to be dies of cancer of the eye!

Dude, God of War's God mode broke me. I could handle the shit in NG and Devil May Cry, but after finally beating the Kratos clones I was pretty much done with looking towards the AI and single player games for challenge, unless it's something shorter like R-type or something.

That said I'm never touching Titan in God of War 2.
At all.

Ironically. I played Theseus for 4.5 hours last night. Hes easy, but once on the temple nearly impossible. I gave up. I decided to give it a shot today real quick before totally breaking the game and burning it... I beat him on the first go. I guess it takes patience and ALOT of luck.

I remember GOW1 God being a big challenge. The Minotaurs were TOUGH. In this game theyre alot easier but everything feels cheap. Cheap blows take away too much life, you cant earn life for shit, its just a challenge for luck not skill. Where as GoW1 took skill.

My sister reminded me that GoW1 resulted in a broken controller. I had forgotten. Im trying to be careful that this doesnt happen with my newest one. However, I do not recomend Titan mode. I got the OCD of having to finish everything I start.

[quote name='Ravenous']Ironically. I played Theseus for 4.5 hours last night. Hes easy, but once on the temple nearly impossible. I gave up. I decided to give it a shot today real quick before totally breaking the game and burning it... I beat him on the first go. I guess it takes patience and ALOT of luck.

I remember GOW1 God being a big challenge. The Minotaurs were TOUGH. In this game theyre alot easier but everything feels cheap. Cheap blows take away too much life, you cant earn life for shit, its just a challenge for luck not skill. Where as GoW1 took skill.

My sister reminded me that GoW1 resulted in a broken controller. I had forgotten. Im trying to be careful that this doesnt happen with my newest one. However, I do not recomend Titan mode. I got the OCD of having to finish everything I start.[/quote]

You sound like a very intense person.

[quote name='camoor']You sound like a very intense person.[/quote]

Thanks?

I actually didnt break the controller out of frusturation, it was all the "press o fast, jiggle the stick, move stick in circle" movements.

Im getting further but I dont like how you have to beat everyone in a simple, 'always block, roll away, quick x combo' repeat. I like mixing combos and doing different shit. God mode and above wont allow it.

I beat God of War II on Titan Mode. Wrote the Titan Mode FAQ on Gamefaqs.com. It's sort of obsolete now that Hammer strategies came out after I beat it and wrote the guide, but maybe it'll be helpful for you up until you get the Hammer, at least. It covers most of the difficult fights in the game, including all the bosses.

I think I updated with a few Hammer strategies as well.

I beat GoW on God Mode but had massive issues with 2 parts: The crazy conveyor belt room with a million harpies and the Clone battle... I had to go back and find some extra containers of stuff just so I could upgrade my "Apocalypse" ability to beat the first part, and the second... well, I basically looked up a strategy for it and it didn't take me TOO long.

Haven't had a chance to go back to GoW2 yet and try Titan mode, but it sounds pretty difficult.

[quote name='leshrac55']I beat GoW on God Mode but had massive issues with 2 parts: The crazy conveyor belt room with a million harpies and the Clone battle... I had to go back and find some extra containers of stuff just so I could upgrade my "Apocalypse" ability to beat the first part, and the second... well, I basically looked up a strategy for it and it didn't take me TOO long.

Haven't had a chance to go back to GoW2 yet and try Titan mode, but it sounds pretty difficult.[/quote]

I've beaten both. God Mode in GoW is cake compared to Titan Mode in GoW2. It's really no comparison.

[quote name='GuardianE']I beat God of War II on Titan Mode. Wrote the Titan Mode FAQ on Gamefaqs.com. It's sort of obsolete now that Hammer strategies came out after I beat it and wrote the guide, but maybe it'll be helpful for you up until you get the Hammer, at least. It covers most of the difficult fights in the game, including all the bosses.

I think I updated with a few Hammer strategies as well.[/quote]

Hey Im using your FAQ man! I have a Titan one open, a chest, and a boss FAQ on my lap top next to me as I play to make sure I dont miss anything.

I guess you would be best to ask, did you ever have a glitch or someting of an already open chest in an area youve never been in? When I reached the steeds, theres a chest on the nose of the horse on the left. When I got there, it was already open despite never bieng there before! What the fuck is up with that?

[quote name='Ravenous']Hey Im using your FAQ man! I have a Titan one open, a chest, and a boss FAQ on my lap top next to me as I play to make sure I dont miss anything.

I guess you would be best to ask, did you ever have a glitch or someting of an already open chest in an area youve never been in? When I reached the steeds, theres a chest on the nose of the horse on the left. When I got there, it was already open despite never bieng there before! What the fuck is up with that?[/quote]

It's been a long time, but I sort of recall something like that happening. I'm not entirely sure though. There were some weird glitches/bugs in the game, but mostly pertaining to environment bugs and the pegasus ride.

I know for a fact that some chests will yield zero red orbs despite red orbs flowing into Kratos (on Titan Mode).

Not sure how far you are, but there are a few difficulty milestones in the game that I remember to this day. Theseus was a doozy and the Gorgon Queen was very long. By far, the most infuriating fight in the game for me was probably the First Translator... man, was that painful.

I played through the entire game using the Hammer only a few times. It was only after I beat it that Youtube videos surfaced highlighting strategies for Titan mode using the Hammer. If you really get stuck, I'd suggest a quick Youtube search.

Well I just finished Atlas and according to the FAQ, the Translator is coming up next. Ive read its totall bullshit on Titan. I didnt have a hard time at all with Gorgon Queen, or Perseus, who is noted in the Boss FAQ as the hardest. Im dreading that gauntlet part when I have to fight my way down those steps after wave and wave near the end.

Ive noticed that crap with red orbs not counting. How shitty is that? I doubt its a glitch, just asshole programmers. I barely got my blades to lv 5.

I did look up youtube to see how to get that easter egg where the sky says "now I become death" and I get 500 red orbs. That was neat. But damn Im hating this game.

lol, yeah I remember reading that guy's FAQ and seeing Perseus listed as one of the hardest fights... I was like, wha? Not in agreement there. I listed Perseus as one of the easiest fights on Titan Mode.

Someone emailed me a "flawless strategy" involving a very meticulous throwing of enemies. I added it in the section, but never tested it out. Guess you can test it and see if it works. :p

Alright I did the first protect the translator. It was hell but I found a trick in a FAQ. Put the boulder on the pad just barely, than hide him behind it during the battle. Work like a charm. Helped alot cause he got battered on the 3 wave. I barely made it.

Now that room with the 4 Cerebus that spits out fire pups that grow big, plus TWO ball and chain guys. Now that was TORTURE and worse. However I beat both within an hour each. So Theseus is still the hardest.

Oh yea, Im throwing everyone when I can. It makes everything easier; though you dont get many orbs. It helps on those Satyrs cause they take too much life. You have to be cheesy and spam with throws or cheap combos. Thats the only way to make it. I dont like that.

Oh I wanted to ask if you knew Guardian, but those 20 Gorgon eyes I have to get to unlock a costume, is that through multiple plays because I only have 3 so far and have fought just 3. I dont know how I can get 20 in 1 play through.

[quote name='Ravenous']
Oh I wanted to ask if you knew Guardian, but those 20 Gorgon eyes I have to get to unlock a costume, is that through multiple plays because I only have 3 so far and have fought just 3. I dont know how I can get 20 in 1 play through.[/quote]

You mean the Cyclops eyes? They span multiple playthroughs. If I remember correctly, you can just do the arena mode and spawn in the correct type of Cyclops over and over (the ones where you rip out the eye with a context sensitive finisher).

Cool thanks for the tip. I guess thats the only way to do it because the inventory menu only shows me with 3 and I at least got 4 my first play through on normal, so that doesnt reflect accumaltive.

I got to the gauntlet of waves of baddies down that ramp towards fat bitch boss and shit its worse than Theseus, at least he had a check point. I'll have to test it some more, in a FAQ they mention using the hammer to good results.

bread's done
Back