God of War III Amazon PRE-ORDERED... says estimated ship date 3/22

emceelokey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
WTF! is that shit! I pre-ordered God of War III last week on the 8th. I selected the free super saver shipping but that doesn't mean it's supposed to ship late. I can understand if it arrived within five days but my order still says that it's expected to ship March 22nd. Is anyone else having this problem? I've pre-ordered from the a few times and the game usually ships within a day of release and arrives but the end of that week but this is unacceptable. As I said, that's the estimated SHIP date. The estimated arrival date is the March 29th- April 4th. I'd probably be able to find a used one by that point.

FSSS doesn't guarantee you anything... that's why it's free.

I've had nearly half of my pre-orders with FSSS ship a week after the game was released. It happens sometimes...

Well, they'll never get my business again. Then that company will shut down within the year. RIP Amazon.com. Oddly enough I preordered Battlefield Bad Company 2 the day before it relsease, free ship and all that, and that shipped on the release day and arrived in 3 days. That preorder got me a $20 gift certificate which I used toward the GOW preorder which had a $10 gift certificate for the preorder... It's a vicious cycle I tell you. I don't think Super Street Fighter IV will have a gift certificate pre order bonus so that's where this cycle will end.

[quote name='emceelokey']Well, they'll never get my business again. Then that company will shut down within the year. RIP Amazon.com. [/QUOTE]

Yeah, okay. Amazon is already filing for bankruptcy with your lack of business with them.

You need to relax and realize that shit doesn't always go the way you expect it to. Besides, if you really wanted the game on release day you would have purchased it in a B&M store.

I'm sure you were the only person who ordered from them, too. How do you think they were going to package your game when they probably didn't even have it until a day or two ago? Maybe they got it over the weekend, but they probably weren't sitting on it for a week. (Although, I'm sure it is possible)

Oh, and you do realize that it is possible that they could ship it out sooner? It happens all the time. When it does come back and apologize for threatening them, would ya?

lol. Though my estimated shipping date was 3/22 under FSSS, mine came in the mail this afternoon.

If you are having a problem, e-mail them or call them. They have excellent customer service and they can usually tell you what's going on. (They might even give you a partial refund on your credit card for the inconvience.)

I pre-ordered in February with FSSS and it shipped out on Tuesday. They probably only ship out so many copies of the game a day.

amazon almost always ship b4 their estimated ship date. I think you are over reacting. Your little thing about bankruptcy etc is just laughable. Get a hold of yourself, take your business elsewhere and be done with it.

I don't agree with amazon having to give him a refund. It is ppl like him that companies constantly have to under promise and over deliver.... the same reason the estimate is so late that cause his anger... promise late, deliver early.

My problem is, what the hell is the point of the pre order? I'm buying the game before it comes out. Not only that but with all the pre orders they get, they know how many copies of the game they need before the get shipped to their warehouse and of course they're not going to request just enough to fill in their pro orders. So what's the reason for them to not ship the game on release day?

WAY TO STICK IT TO THE MAN! AMAZON WILL DEFINITELY GO OUT OF BUSINESS BECAUSE YOU DON'T SHOP THERE, AND YOU ARE THE ONLY REASON ThEY STAY OPEN!

It's Amazon's way of being a dick. They did this in the past to me and I used them less until I bought into an Amazon Prime share.

Exactly what Hostile said. Amazon is a huge conspiracy for you to get your games late so instead of playing them you watch their brainwashing tv channel.

[quote name='emceelokey']My problem is, what the hell is the point of the pre order? I'm buying the game before it comes out. Not only that but with all the pre orders they get, they know how many copies of the game they need before the get shipped to their warehouse and of course they're not going to request just enough to fill in their pro orders. So what's the reason for them to not ship the game on release day?[/QUOTE]

You're like the guy that comes in the day before and tries to pre-order something, only to be told that he can't because the first allocation is taken.

Ship numbers are determined weeks in advance. With a title like God of War 3, there's literally thousands of preorders to fill. Let's assume the cutoff date was March 4th for first shipment, and they got 10,000 copies with 3,000 extra. Those first 10,000 are going to go to pre-orders on the first shipment, then those 3,000 are going to be sent to people that preordered on the 4th, the 5th, the 6th, so on and so forth.

Basically.. you pre-ordered late on an extremely popular game and there were people in front of you. It takes time for Amazon to get more copies of the game. Wait your turn or go to a B&M store and pick it up.

1. If you wanted it release day then you should have paid for release day delivery.
2. The POINT of pre-order is you get the lowest price when it releases and you get the freebies/promos with it as well.
3. You need to understand what you are purchasing BEFORE you buy it. An uninformed consumer ends up being an unhappy consumer.
4. RIP Amazon? I have never had a bad experience with them. Most people I know love shipping with them. Just look who won best online retailer on the Cheapy Awards.
5. I pre-ordered GOW3 from Amazon a week before with super saver FREE shipping and guess what? My game shipped 8pm past Monday. It also tells me that the EXPECTED arrival date is the 22nd. I expect to get mine on Friday. If I did not, you know what? Its really not the end of the world. I believe the game will not start playing without you.

If this really upsets you this much, I suggest going into the real world and seeing what grown up problems are.

Anyway, to illustrate.
After I read this thread, I check some of my pre-order.
Resonance of Fate had a shipping estimate of 22nd.
I just received an email that Resonance of Fate shipped.

so... chill. an estimate is an estimate... if you must have it at a certain time, there is also local stores or delivery date delivery (if offered) or next day shipping. FSSS is for ppl who can wait and want to save money... or you can be like the above, get Prime.

Amazon is delaying these shipments and they have these items in-stock. They didn't use to do this until a few years ago but they do now.

I pre-ordered Super Mario Galaxy w/ FSSS on 8/31/07 but they delayed shipping until a week later. I ordered Odin Sphere on 6/3/07 and it's not shipped until a week later,

Oh noes!!!! What ever will I do when amazon goes out of business after you stop using them?

I was all on your side and saying "Well, that's kind of messed up". That was until you proclaimed that you are the ONLY reason that amazon stays in business and that you not shopping there would make them go out of business in a year.

Seriously? Get over yourself man

Well I ordered the GOWIII Ultimate Edition on Sat. 3-13 (when I noticed another thread that said they were available for presale again).Chose the 2-day shipping (signed up for amazon prime to make the shipping free) Had the game in my hand on 3-16 (release day) around 3 pm or so. Just wanted to point out not everybody has a bad experience with Amazon. I wasnt expecting the game till thursday or friday and i got it already.well hope other people have had better experiences then the op.

I always thought it was kind of messed up Amazon did this. If I pick a cheap/free shipping option from any other retailer the games ship on the release date. I have no problem with the games taking a few days longer to get here, as that's generally the cost of using cheaper shipping options. I just don't like that they hold on to in stock items for a few days before shipping them, simply because I don't have prime.

Those bastards - how dare they delay your package! They had the nerve to delay my shipment by a whole freaking day! That was the longest 24 hours of my life man, I didn't know how I was going to go on. I mean, sure I had Battlefield BC 2 laying around, Dante's Inferno, Heavy Rain, and a huge backlog but god damnt I wanted to play God of War III on release day.

Then...reality hit me I ended up simply catching up on some sleep and getting my ass fragged to death on BFBC2.

Hello, my name is Bryan and I survived the God of War III Shipment Delay of 2010.

It sucks, yeah, but that is how Super Saver shipping works. They ship the game whenever it's convenient for them. Sometimes that's a day before the release date, sometimes it's 2-3 days after.

If you want/need a guarantee as to when the game will arrive, then you pay for a shipping option that provides that guarantee. It is really that simple.

Is this guy a GameStop plant?? :whee:

[quote name='joeboosauce']
If this really upsets you this much, I suggest going into the real world and seeing what grown up problems are.[/QUOTE]

+100 to this.

Can a troll start a thread? Seems like the OP has.

FSSS is for people that can't wait. obviously you can't, so order it with 1 day shipping and pay like $15 more. or get Prime. Idiot.

This sorta happened to me but I'm not going crazy over it. My Pokemon SoulSilver didn't ship with my HeartGold which was weird but the estimate stated for it to be shipped before the 19th, which still holds true because it is shipping soon. This is with FSSS in one order. If you contact Amazon, they'll listen to your story and give you an answer. I got compensated for the delay with a $5 credit and what do you know? Within 12 hours of that email, SS is getting ready to ship. So you get your game, not on release day of course, but you get it, and you get compensated for the delay if it's their fault.

Got HG on Tuesday which was pretty quick for a Sunday release. SS will come soon. So hit or miss but within the week.

Well I know Scorch and others in the deals forum said a lot of stores shipments for GoW III were cut so it looks like Amazon was no exception.

LOL Free Super Saver Shipping=/= release day shipping

You get what you pay for. If you wanna be super cheap and go with the free shipping, you gotta expect to wait.

What's funny is that this person assumes the entire Amazon shipping warehouse will cease all other shipments of the millions of other things they sell, just to get out all God of War III pre-orders. How many items are shipped out of a warehouse on a given day? And IAmTheCheapestGamer is right, Free Super Saver shipping almost guarantees you will get it after street date. The people who paid for shipping obviously get priority.

I had prime and got release date delivery for free....only to find out that it wasnt coming until Wednesday instead of Tuesday? Did I bitch and moan? A little...then I went to target and bought the game and returned my Amazon copy using my Target receipt the next day, but not before I called amazon CS and asked about the delay. I walked away with a $5 amazon credit on top of the $10 preorder credit.

My main problem with this whole thing is that they haven't sent me anything on the status of the game. Not only that but if you go to the game on the site, it's still showing "In Stock". I wasn't expecting it to ship on the first day but at least within two days or so. If there was some sort of shortage then they should send me an email at the very least, and make sure the game doesn't show "In Stock" when you go to the page. If it said "Out of Stock" then at least I know that they're not taking any more orders while my preorder has yet to ship.

The point of the preorder is not to get the discount or free crap. In fact, the $10 promotional gift credit is still available when you place an order right now. The point of the preorder is to insure that you have a copy of the game when it is released.

To say "supply and demand". There have been many times where they have stopped taking preorders because of the lack of supply. This doesn't seem to be the case because the the game is still showing up "IN STOCK", shipped from and sold by Amazon.com. Free Super Saver Shipping has an estimated delivery time of 5-9 days. That's what it says on their site, in their own words, and it's not my numbers. At this moment, it is now day 3. Release day was the 16th. So counting the 16th and going 8 more days out from that would be the 24th. it would have to ship out on the Saturday the 20th at the very latest to arrive by the 24th. Their estimated ship is the 22nd so unless they bump that to 2 day ship for free, it will not arrive within 9 days.

I really don't care either way, but I don't like seeing all these holes in any of their potential arguments. Last I remember, companies like to take your money. I definitely have enough money in my account to cover the cost of the game so why haven't they taken my money yet?

[quote name='emceelokey']I really don't care either way[/quote]

Yes, you do

I definitely have enough money in my account to cover the cost of the game so why haven't they taken my money yet?

..because they haven't shipped it yet

pre-order has absolutely zilch to do with release day delivery.. unless guaranteed.. which probably won't happen unless specifically stated.. u're buying from an online retailer.. go B&M if u have to get it at midnight or 9am ..

[quote name='melon-juice']pre-order has absolutely zilch to do with release day delivery.. unless guaranteed.. which probably won't happen unless specifically stated.. u're buying from an online retailer.. go B&M if u have to get it at midnight or 9am ..[/QUOTE]

People seem to be confusing "release date delivery" with "release date shipping". I don't think anyone that picks FSSS expects to get it on the release date, it's just annoying that Amazon seems to be in no rush to ship you items you've preordered unless you pay for Prime. Every other retailer I order from ships the stuff I preorder on it's release date regardless of what kind of shipping I choose. Picking cheaper shipping should mean that I'll be waiting longer to get my stuff once it's been shipped, not that I have to wait a week for it to even be shipped out.

Is it common to be given a USPS # that doesnt show up for tracking when checked? I ordered Resonance of Fate with free ship... and despite it saying it was shipped, given a tracking #, and not due until the 26th (!?) it doesnt show up on the USPS site as being listed.

I preorder my copy of FF13 from Amazon on the first, which puts it 8 days before release. That's the same difference as your GOW3 order. When I had to pick shipping, I got a big red message when FSSS was chosen saying "Sorry, you won't get it on release day if you pick this option." I can only assume you would've gotten the same message. So... why did you expect it on release day? I mean, they told you it wouldn't happen. I would suspect it'll do excactly what they told you... ship on the 22nd (or sooner) and arrive a few days later.

This was a BIG release, probably one of, if not the biggest release this year. It's simply going to take Amazon a LOT of time to go through all those orders, bill them correctly, get them packed and loaded up to go. if you weren't willing to be paitent, you should've paid extra for release day delivery.

If you want to know more, contact them. Otherwise, just wait... I imagine by the time you read this, it'll have shipped. Play something else for awhile.

[quote name='nnthomas']Is it common to be given a USPS # that doesnt show up for tracking when checked? I ordered Resonance of Fate with free ship... and despite it saying it was shipped, given a tracking #, and not due until the 26th (!?) it doesnt show up on the USPS site as being listed.[/QUOTE]

If it's shipped within the last 48 hours or so- then yes, very. DC tracking only works if the guy at the wherehouse scans the box, and the USPS site only updates once a day. I've had many an item ship where I don't see actual tracking info for a day or two... I've had items arrive without it showing at all. I wouldn't worry about it too much.

bread's done
Back