God of War III GameStop Pre-Order Sweepstakes

ohram

CAGiversary!
Feedback
138 (100%)
Just thought I'd post this for you guys.

Just pointing this out in case you guys miss it. You do NOT need to preorder at Gamestop to enter the contest. To enter the contest without a preorder you must send an email to...

[email protected] with the subject line Be The Envy

Your email must contain your full name, phone number, and date of birth.

This link goes to the playstation blog, because I don't know how to get the link to the actual contest working. Sorry about that. http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010/02/god-of-war-iii-gamestop-pre-order-sweepstakes-announced/

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Today Gamestop announced a God of War III Sweepstakes that gives fans a shot at prizes even the Gods would envy. Want pizza for a year or the ultimate Sony Home Entertainment System? Maybe a VIP trip to a premier music festival or MMA experience in Las Vegas? GameStop is giving away four weekly grand prizes and more than 2,200 ungodly prizes through March 15 exclusively for Gamestop preorder customers.

Entering the “Be the Envy of the Gods” sweepstakes is simple. Fans can pre-order the game at any local Gamestop or online at www.gamestop.com and use their receipt code or online order confirmation number to enter. The code can be entered once a week on the website, www.gamestop.com/gow3 for a chance to win instant and weekly grand prizes.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Eligibility: Open to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia, 18 years of age and older as of 2/16/10, except employees, officers, directors, representatives and agents of GameStop, Inc. ("Sponsor"), The Marketing Arm Inc., and their respective parents, subsidiaries and affiliated companies, advertising, promotion and administrative agencies (hereafter, collectively "Released Parties") and their immediate families (spouse, parent, child, sibling and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and those living in their same household, whether or not related. Void where prohibited. This sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations.

Weekly Epic Drawings & Entry Periods: There will be a total of four (4) Weekly Epic winners with one (1) Weekly Epic winner being selected in each of four (4) individual random drawings from among all eligible entries received for the applicable Entry Period (as set forth in the chart below). Non-winning entries received for each drawing will carry forward to and be included in subsequent drawings. Potential winners will be notified by email, telephone, overnight delivery and/or mail.

Up to three (3) attempts will be made over the 72 hour period following winner selection to contact the potential winners via the telephone number(s) provided on his or her entry form. No messages will be left on answering machines or voicemail systems. If a potential winner cannot be reached directly during the 72 hour period in which he or she is called, the potential winner will be disqualified and an alternate winner may be selected, in Sponsor's sole discretion, from among the remaining applicable eligible entries received if time permits.

WEEKLY AND DAILY PRIZES

Entry Period Entries must be received between Drawing on/about Prize 1 12:00AM CT on 2/17/10 – 12:00AM CT on 2/22/10 2/23/10 PALACE OF THE GODS: Sony HomeEntertainment System. ApproximateRetail Value ("ARV"): $4,500. 2 12:01AM CT on 2/22/10 – 12:00AM CT on 3/1/10 3/2/10 JAM LIKE THE GODS: Trip for winnerand up to (3) guests to one of the following festivals: Coachella, Stagecoach,Rock on the Range, Lollapalooza, orVooDoo Music Experience. ARV: $9,000. 3 12:01AM CT on 3/1/10 – 12:00AM CT on 3/8/10 3/9/10 FEAST OF THE GODS: Pizza for one (1)year awarded as thirty (20) $50 gift cardsfrom national pizza chain of Sponsor's choice. ARV: $1,000 4 12:01AM CT on 3/8/10 – 11:59PM CT on 3/15/10 3/16/10 FIGHT LIKE THE GODS: Trip for winnerand one (1) guest to MMA (Mixed MartialArts) VIP Experience in Las Vegas, NV.ARV: $12,000.

Daily Prize Details: A total of 435 Kratos Masks (15 to be awarded per day). ARV: $49.99 each. A total of 435 God of War III Digital Strategy Guides (15 to be awarded per day). ARV: $19.99 each. A total of 435 God of War III Theme (15 to be awarded per day). ARV: $1.99 each. A total of 435 God of War Athena t-shirt for PlayStation®HOME avatar (15 to be awarded per day). ARV: $.99 each. A total of 435 God of War GoW III logo t-shirt for PlayStation®HOME avatar (15 to be awarded per day). ARV: $.99 each. All prizes are awarded "as is" with no warranty/guarantee and/or modifications other than manufacturer/dealer warranties (if any). All prize details are at Sponsor's sole discretion. If any winner is at least 18 but still considered a minor in his/her jurisdiction of residence, prize will be awarded in the name of his/her parent or legal guardian who will be responsible for fulfilling all requirements imposed on winners set forth herein.

HOW TO ENTER

Three Ways to Participate Between 12:00AM Central Time ("CT") on 2/17/10 and 11:59PM CT on 3/15/10 ("Promotion Period"): 1.) Pre-Order a copy of God of War III at a GameStop retail store during normal business hours and receive a Pre-Order Code located on your sales receipt to the right of the date/time. Upon receipt of your GameStop sales receipt with Pre- Order Code, visit www.gamestop.com/gow3 and follow the instructions provided to fully complete and submit the registration form, inclusive of your Pre-Order Code, and automatically receive one (1) entry in the sweepstakes. 2.) Pre-Order a copy of God of War III online at www.gamestop.com/gow3 and receive an Online Order Confirmation Number located at the top of your email confirmation. Upon receipt of your Online Order Confirmation Number, visit www.gamestop.com/gow3 and follow the instructions provided to fully complete and submit the registration form, inclusive of your Online Order Confirmation Number, and automatically receive one (1) entry in the sweepstakes. OR 3.) Send an email to [email protected] with "Be The Envy" as the subject line and the following information in the body of the email: First Name, Last Name, Phone Number and Date of Birth. Upon sending the email, you will receive one (1) entry into the sweepstakes.

------------------------------------------------

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010/02/god-of-war-iii-gamestop-pre-order-sweepstakes-announced/

Last edited by a moderator:
i sent an e-mail but usually don't answer my phone when i dont know the number. you know bill collectors and them damn pesky mistresses lol j/k about the bill collectors. no wait i mean the mistresses i am broke and cant pay bills thats why i enter contests and look for free stuff like the rest of you people. thanks op

[quote name='LoganDX']This God works at a pizza place and the temptation is irresistible![/QUOTE]

This God is helping GameStop get the word out about BE THE ENVY OF THE GODS, so let him know if you've got any q's he can pass along.

FYI - You can enter for "The Palace of the Gods" to win the Sony Entertainment System 'til midnight CST Monday. Then, it's your chance to "Jam Like The Gods" - a trip for four to a music festival like Coachella, Stagecoach, Rock on the Range, Lollapalooza, or VooDoo Music Experience.

thanks. just gotta figure out if I can preset my mail program to send out e-mails daily and I'll be set.

E: turns out that's a lot harder to do than i think it should be.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='GameStopTom']Hope you're ready to bulk up for the winter - FEAST OF THE GODS goes live today. Free pizza for a year from your choice of national pizza chains! Because nothing drives MW2 campers crazy like hearing you slurp the cheese off a slice of pizza over an XBL headset.

www.gamestop.com/gow3[/QUOTE]

You'd think with a contest for a Ps3 exclusive you wouldn't mention there competitor lol.

[quote name='blissskr']You'd think with a contest for a Ps3 exclusive you wouldn't mention there competitor lol.[/QUOTE]

Pizza works across all platforms. ;)

bread's done
Back