God of War III -- Gen. Discussion

but if you have 3 diff accounts on one system couldnt you just dl one skin with one diff accont and use all 3 on your system?

[quote name='Jodou']Guess the demo reminded me of why I've never finished a GOW game; just button-mashing to the extreme. /yawn

I realize the demo is outdated, but I thought the graphics were a little lacking too. This is mostly because Uncharted 2 really spoiled me, but hopefully they're polishing it quite a bit. I'll still pick it up, but I wish would at least try to improve the combat system. Batman: AA still shocks me at how well combat flows and makes you think.[/QUOTE]
Yea, it was lacking the fluidity that I've come to love from God of War (the animations are a bit outdated) and the camera is very old school. I was not really feeling it, then I took control of the troll... :drool:

[quote name='shrike4242']Didn't see this posted in the thread, so thought to post it in here:
There's four skins out there, including the Dominus one in the UCE. One per retailer:

GameStop.com – Phantom of Chaos
Amazon.com – Apollo skin
GameCrazy – Forgotten Warrior

Found a link with pictures of the three retailer pre-order skins:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/playstationblog/4056850139/sizes/l/

L to R, Amazon, Gamecrazy, Gamestop[/QUOTE]

The Amazon skin is the only one where he doesn't look anorexic.

I was trying out the demo at 2AM and couldn't get past this problem.

Right after you've opened the second chest, and gone to the cliff overseeing a square with 3 enemies and a giant sandman looking dude, how do you jump over the cliff to get to the square?

[quote name='eau']I was trying out the demo at 2AM and couldn't get past this problem.

Right after you've opened the second chest, and gone to the cliff overseeing a square with 3 enemies and a giant sandman looking dude, how do you jump over the cliff to get to the square?
[/QUOTE]

This is the same part that gave me troubles. I tried 7 or 8 times and could never get Kratos to grab on to anything...turned the demo off at that point.

Actually, he's more like a giant lava monster and if you check the bottom of the screen it'll tell you how to use the Icarus wings from God Of War 2.

Press X to jump, then hold X and you'll glide over the gap needed to get to the next part of the demo.

Although I'm sure more than a few of you will struggle with the ummm 'flying chariot'
or more precisely shooting it down, since it takes some trial and error
part of this demo.

I tried making a sub PSN name today, one that I could let others from CAG on, but apparently I'd have to re-download the whole demo to get it to show up on the downloads list or whatever. I'm not about to spend another 7 hours on my shitty connection to do that again.

So sorry....but I tried...

So I'm sure this is a stupid question but I'm stuck at the following point:
The Chimera -- I have no problem getting through the first Quick Time Event and tearing off the snake head, but once I beat him up some more and enter the second Quick Time Event, it shows a graphic that looks like pressing down on one of the analog sticks, but nothing I do seem to work -- what's the required action here?
Any help would be much appreciated!

Best Buy got their preorder boxes in, has the demo code in it as well. And if you buy the GOW collection and preorder GOW3 at the same time you save $10 off the collection. You can preorder either edition.

I am so loving GOW collection. 3.5 hours into GOW2 (already finished GOW1, need a 2nd play through for the platinum) and its just so awesome. Although its funny to take the eye out of a cyclops in GOW2, since if you've played GOW3 demo, its like 2 generations ahead. A lot of the cutscenes in GOW2 look worse then gameplay in GOW3. Its absolutely mind blowing how good God Of War 3 is going to be.

[quote name='smiggity']Online Co-op modes confirmed!??!?? According to the Sony RLSL it sure is...Could turn a great game into an amazing one[/QUOTE]

Boooo. This game doesn't need coop.

[quote name='bornrunnin31']Boooo. This game doesn't need coop.[/QUOTE]

could be fun to play with someone though racking up huge combos.

If there's going to be two player co-op, I hope that they add Nariko! I still would love to see a cross over/up game with Kratos and Nariko

How are you people getting the Collection early?

If it's like Horde, then I'm all for it. As long as they have Nariko in there. No one needs 2-4 Angry, Steroid-induced men killing the Soldiers of Olympus.

[quote name='lokizz']did anyone who preordered the gow collection online has your order shipped yet or is it backordered?[/QUOTE]
Mine has not shipped yet, because they're sticking to 2-day delivery on Amazon. Not sure how SW:TFU Sith Edition was popular enough to warrant release date shipping and GOW:C wasn't. GG.

[quote name='Jodou']Not sure how SW:TFU Sith Edition was popular enough to warrant release date shipping and GOW:C wasn't. GG.[/QUOTE]
It has Star Wars in the title.

[quote name='lokizz']did anyone who preordered the gow collection online has your order shipped yet or is it backordered?[/QUOTE]

nvm it went from being backordered to shipping.......i better get my gow3 demo.

[quote name='Dahk']I'm still waiting for my collection to ship from Amazon...[/QUOTE]
Mine shipped on Wednesday with two-day shipping from prime, so unless you're FSSS it should be on the way.

Got the collection. I am having a blast since I haven't played the first one since beginning of 2005....I am happy at how well the graphics and gameplay still kick ass.

still waiting for mine gs shipped it on the 17th and the usps tracking hasnt updated since it left ky. i hate usps tracking. if its not here today im hoping it will get here tomorrow.

[quote name='deadite76']Anyone pick up the collection from TRU yet?[/QUOTE]

I'd also like to know. It seems they're not carrying the game at all (local NY ToysRus in Queens, NY)

Not carrying the collection in Kansas City either, they said they aren't due to content although GOW 3 is available on their website, so who knows.

[quote name='bstan21']Not carrying the collection in Kansas City either, they said they aren't due to content although GOW 3 is available on their website, so who knows.[/QUOTE]

i think supply for the collection is limited with all the diff stories about the game getting delayed or orders being back ordered could be some stores got preferential treatment (gs, bb) when it came to getting copies. could be wrong but i dunno not to mention whose to say like someone mentioned that this wont end up on psn as a dl.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='lokizz']i think supply for the collection is limited with all the diff stories about the game getting delayed or orders being back ordered could be some stories got preferential treatment (gs, bb) when it came to getting copies. could be wrong but i dunno not to mention whose to say like someone mentioned that this wont end up on psn as a dl.[/QUOTE]

For what its worth...all within a 1 mile radius Best Buy had 6 copies, Wal-Mart FYE and Target had none, and GS had some. This was all yesterday mourning.

[quote name='xmaise']Here is a code for the demo:

TDTE - 5NB3 - 2RBD

Enjoy![/QUOTE]
Redeemed! Thank you so much!:bow:

I tried to make another account to redeem the code there and gameshare it to others. Sadly, I somehow forgot to switch to it and accidentally got it on my main :(

will make a gameshare account for the demo once i get GoW collection if anyone is interested add me on PSN with GoW 3 DEMO in headline so i can write your name down and message you with the info when i do it (most likely after x-mas)

Here is a demo code:

3R6(or G)Q-KRB6 (or G)-DJLA

I apologize in advance if it doesn't work. The f-in scratch off stuff the have on here is like superglue and it smudges easily so this isn't easy to read.

Post if you use it.

I just received my GOW collection today, is the E3 demo any different from the demo that will be released on the PSN store. If it isn't I will post the code here for others to use since i'm just going to wait to try it. I already have enough games to play thanks to Black Friday :)

i can't wait for this freakin game to come out. i've been playing 1 and 2 so much since i keep hearing about 3

[quote name='badlieut']Here is a demo code:

3R6(or G)Q-KRB6 (or G)-DJLA

I apologize in advance if it doesn't work. The f-in scratch off stuff the have on here is like superglue and it smudges easily so this isn't easy to read.

Post if you use it.[/QUOTE]

I grabbed it, thanks I've been wanting to try it out.

3RGQ-KRB6-DJLA That was the correct code. (Took me like 5 different tries to get it right.) I have Gameshare with my main account with my nephew and a friend so I didn't just keep it for myself.

Thanks Again. :D

[quote name='xmaise']Here' another code:

427K - CQBB - G4BC

Enjoy.

Again.[/QUOTE]
I grabbed the code, thanks a ton, I also have a Gameshare account, if you want it you can send me a PM.

Edit: Someone changed the password, can't get to it anymore, sorry guys.

This may be in the wrong spot is so, sorry. First off who is going for the ultimate edition when it comes out? and anybody think amazon will do one of their get a game credit when you pre-order this game promo?

i need to know more of whats in it. being a fan of the series its damn tempting to pick up just need to see what all is in it to justify to myself why i should get it when it comes out instead of waiting till the se of the game drops in price the way every se game does.

Would someone with an extra demo code please to PM it to my good friend Gyango, or to me on his behalf and I'll forward it to him? I got to play this last week and it's probably the first game that really floored me for the PS3 besides Little Big Planet. He's really gotta see what he's missing.

*edit - Thanks Magus8472! Forwarded along!

bread's done
Back