God of War III -- Gen. Discussion

[quote name='lokizz']i didnt realize you got a demo with it but vie already had that for a while. no i meant the phantom of chaos skin but i read the info again on the site and they said they email those out once the game releases. damn i cant wait just a few more weeks.................[/QUOTE]

I got both codes; the skin and the demo code. The email says that the code for the skin won't work until the game is released.

[quote name='The 7th Number']I noticed it wasnt being sold anymore through amazon, i also got mine for 89.99. I added 10 dollars for 1 day shipping! Otherwise the expected shipping date was 6 days after release, and i would have to wait another 5+ days for it to be delivered. I dont want to wait 2 weeks to get it![/QUOTE]

I can wait. I have Yakuza 3 and FF13 to play. I probably won't get to this game until later. I guess it depends on if I get sucked in to Yakuza 3 or not. I'll be playing Yukuza 3 on release date b/c I had to order from GameStop (exclusive pre-order bonus content). So I'll have a week or so to play Yakuza3 , then if I'm done with it, I can start FF13.. then I'll have 1 or 2 weeks before GoW3. March is a tough month. Hell, 2010 is a tough year. I have Yakuza 3, GoW3, FF13, 3D Dot Game Heroes, and ModNation Racers pre-ordered. Also, Metroid and Mario Galaxy are coming out this summer... There is simply no way I can play all these games.

I just downloaded the demo and wow, I am so dissapointed. This just doesn't feel like the first 2 games at all to me. Maybe it's been too long since I played the last game and maybe the thrill is gone, but Im just not feeling it. I understand its an E3 demo which is sorta old at this point, so I may still try again when the game comes out. All I kept thinking while I was playing it was, Darksiders is sooo much better than this.

[quote name='tsg2005']I just downloaded the demo and wow, I am so dissapointed. This just doesn't feel like the first 2 games at all to me. Maybe it's been too long since I played the last game and maybe the thrill is gone, but Im just not feeling it. I understand its an E3 demo which is sorta old at this point, so I may still try again when the game comes out. All I kept thinking while I was playing it was, Darksiders is sooo much better than this.[/QUOTE]

you probably have that reversed. i tried the darksiders demo today and was bored shitless. i give them props for making the demo so long but thats the first demo ive tried yet that i quit on because it ran way too long and was boring. i have yet to try a gow clone yet that was any fun to play.

to each their own i suppose but to this day i still play the gow3 demo and get excited for the game every time.

[quote name='flameofdoom666']Except... it's not.[/QUOTE]

According to you.

Dear God, somebody has a different opinion! Lets make him sound like he's crazy!

:roll:

I found out that Uncharted and Little Big Planet, two games I haven't played in a long time, are eligible for trading in and getting gow III for $20 at Gamestop. I may just do that. I like having all these first party sony games on my shelf but I can't see myself going back to those games anytime soon. Decisions, decisions.

[quote name='tsg2005']According to you.

Dear God, somebody has a different opinion! Lets make him sound like he's crazy!

:roll:[/QUOTE]

Well, when the general opinion of something is positive, you're obviously going to have to defend yourself. If you can make a valid case, then maybe people will agree with you.

Sure you can have a different opinion but what exactly disappointed you and why is Darksiders better? You can either respond to people with reason or you can hide behind the "opinion" shield. It's your choice, nobody's gonna make you answer.

[quote name='sotc1988']I found out that Uncharted and Little Big Planet, two games I haven't played in a long time, are eligible for trading in and getting gow III for $20 at Gamestop. I may just do that. I like having all these first party sony games on my shelf but I can't see myself going back to those games anytime soon. Decisions, decisions.[/QUOTE]

You've got to be kidding, right? Trade in 2 games and then pay Rapestop ANOTHER $20 on TOP of the two games you traded just to get this game?

That's not a deal. That's called them bending you over and reaming you good without lube. Sell the games on the trading forum, since you could probably get a good amount for LBP still(but Uncharted is $30 everywhere now)and then see what you still need to get to the $60(plus tax) for a new copy of GOW3.

Or....wait like I plan on doing and get it on sale/clearance someplace when it inevitably goes on clearance/sale.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']You've got to be kidding, right? Trade in 2 games and then pay Rapestop ANOTHER $20 on TOP of the two games you traded just to get this game?

That's not a deal. That's called them bending you over and reaming you good without lube. Sell the games on the trading forum, since you could probably get a good amount for LBP still(but Uncharted is $30 everywhere now)and then see what you still need to get to the $60(plus tax) for a new copy of GOW3.

Or....wait like I plan on doing and get it on sale/clearance someplace when it inevitably goes on clearance/sale.[/QUOTE]

then i take it you plan on playing gow3 sometime towards the middle or end of 2011. aside from used games pricing that game wont be going down in price anytime soon.

as far as trading those 2 games towards it id go to the post in the deals section and see what those 2 games are going for in trade in because you may be able to get more than 40 for the 2. but if you dont play either of those games and want a price break on gow3 i say go for it.

[quote name='lokizz']then i take it you plan on playing gow3 sometime towards the middle or end of 2011. aside from used games pricing that game wont be going down in price anytime soon.

as far as trading those 2 games towards it id go to the post in the deals section and see what those 2 games are going for in trade in because you may be able to get more than 40 for the 2. but if you dont play either of those games and want a price break on gow3 i say go for it.[/QUOTE]

Unlike many on here, I have this thing called patience and I don't have to play the latest and greatest right at release. The only time I will buy a game at release is when I've been waiting for it's release for a long time and I'm really itching to play it. While I enjoyed the demo for this game, I haven't played it more than a handful of times since I downloaded it.

Now, the GTA Episodes for PS3 and I Am Alive, those two games were on my radar from the moment each were announced. Unfortunately, IAA has fallen by the wayside and may FINALLY be released in 2011 if Ubisoft stops dicking around with the project and switching it from one team to the next.

But with all of the big titles coming out in upcoming months, I have a feeling that if sales lag for GOW3 we may see a sale price sooner rather than later. Of course, I was also saying that I would wait for a budget release for GOW3 due to the bs ending to the second game(and the 'only on PS3 crap that fucks over PS2 owners not ready to 'upgrade'). At this point I may just borrow the game from a friend if their family buys it, since I have no desire to pay full MSRP for this game anymore.

I realize I probably shouldn't dignify your rants with a response but I paid less than twenty for those games over a year ago. Seems like a good deal in my case. There; you can go back to hating everything in existence now.

[quote name='sotc1988']I realize I probably shouldn't dignify your rants with a response but I paid less than twenty for those games over a year ago. Seems like a good deal in my case. There; you can go back to hating everything in existence now.[/QUOTE]

Hey now. I don't hate everything in existence. I like kitty cats....usually with a nice duck sauce.;)

But if you got them for super cheap, THEN it is a good deal. But for the normal folks who pay $40-60 for these games, it's a horrible, horrible deal.:roll:

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Hey now. I don't hate everything in existence. I like kitty cats....usually with a nice duck sauce.;)

But if you got them for super cheap, THEN it is a good deal. But for the normal folks who pay $40-60 for these games, it's a horrible, horrible deal.:roll:[/QUOTE]

I feel you to a point. Every since I found out about this site I rarely buy games at full price. However I can understand if someone wants to play full price for a AAA game that they know they will enjoy.

With that said, I will wait until it drops to $40 :lol:.

This is only the 3rd collector's edition I'm getting this generation. I got Demon's Souls Deluxe and Resistance 2 Collectors, but I'm really looking forward to this one.

[quote name='fatmanforlife99']If you guys got decent games to trade in, great deal at gamestop. I am getting BFBC 2 for half off and 33 bucks off of the GOW ultimate edition.[/QUOTE]

That's the only problem. All of my games I have are worth a whopping $5 each give or take, save for Darksiders which shot back up to $20 something(whoop dee friggin' doo).

Had THQ not waited so frickin' long to reveal the 'mystery code' thing, I probably would've dumped Darksiders about 2 weeks ago when it was worth nearly $30 I think.

Now, had I kept some of the tons of games I dumped off on GS during the tiered promos over the past 6 months or the '$20 off any purchase' glitches(where they put the $20 TIV on your EDGE card), I might've had a few to drop there now and make some decent bank for a few upcoming titles.

The only thing I'm hoping for now is a Hollywood Video $5 sale, since some of the stuff they had was trading in for decent credit. Then again, I have the only game pre-ordered that I truly want at launch(GTA Episodes), since the rest of the ones coming out will surely price drop before I pick them up.

[quote name='fatmanforlife99']Yeah I did my trade in at the end of January when they had some really good trade in deals.[/QUOTE]

I debated and waited way too long on Red Faction: Guerrilla, which is now $20 new everywhere.:roll: The week before I seriously considered trading it in, it was getting $14.25, but the CAG in me wanted to wait till a 50% trade deal or something rather than the tiered 'trade x, get y extra' one they just had prior.

That next week the tiv dropped to $4.25.#-oSo yeah, I really fucked up by waiting.:cry:

OK. I caved in and pre-ordered God Of War 3(AGAIN) at Gamestop after I dumped a bunch of games(including the GOW Collection)earlier today.

I may just cancel it again, since I already have GTA Episodes pre-ordered and that's coming out 2 weeks from when this is and I probably will be playing that more than this.

I just wanted to give the girl who rang me up a pre-order since I was in a good mood today when I went to trade them on.

Well I just preordered GoW3, I didnt really keep up with it and now I realize I want the Ultimate Edition, but GS isn't taking orders for it anymore. The manager at the store said if anyone switches their ultimate order to a regular she'll hold the ultimate for me.

Either way, I'm excited.

I kind of hope they cut the part that was in the demo where you have to fly up and out of that long tower and dodge the falling fireballs and wooden beams. That part sucked.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']OK. I caved in and pre-ordered God Of War 3(AGAIN) at Gamestop after I dumped a bunch of games(including the GOW Collection)earlier today.

I may just cancel it again, since I already have GTA Episodes pre-ordered and that's coming out 2 weeks from when this is and I probably will be playing that more than this.

I just wanted to give the girl who rang me up a pre-order since I was in a good mood today when I went to trade them on.[/QUOTE]

soooooooooooooooooooooooo. you preordered gow 3 again huh? last i heard you wanted to wait till it dropped in price...................sooooooooooooooooooooooo what happened to change your mind?:D

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Unlike many on here, I have this thing called patience and I don't have to play the latest and greatest right at release. The only time I will buy a game at release is when I've been waiting for it's release for a long time and I'm really itching to play it. While I enjoyed the demo for this game, I haven't played it more than a handful of times since I downloaded it.
.[/QUOTE]

Recently I decided to wait it out on nearly every game I want until I can get it for

Okay, so at the end of God of war 2
they show zues on olympus with other gods, who seem to be in GOW3. (hades, helios) But who is the macho man looking dude in blue colors?

Ill put this in a spoiler just in case someone looking at this hasnt beaten GOW2.

[quote name='The 7th Number']Okay, so at the end of God of war 2
they show zues on olympus with other gods, who seem to be in GOW3. (hades, helios) But who is the macho man looking dude in blue colors?

Ill put this in a spoiler just in case someone looking at this hasnt beaten GOW2.[/QUOTE]

could be posiedon. damn march 16th cant get here quick enough. the main thing i want to see is what other gods/godesses/demigods will end up in the final game. especially if one of them is hercules a fight between him and kratos would e amazing.

[quote name='jh6269']I kind of hope they cut the part that was in the demo where you have to fly up and out of that long tower and dodge the falling fireballs and wooden beams. That part sucked.[/QUOTE]

Yea it was irritating.

As far as games on day one unless there is multiplayer element that might dry up in a few years I don't usually buy games early I have such a backlog that I can wait.

I played the demo today for this and I haven't really been paying much attention to this game, but wow! This looks like a day one purchase for me, and the gametrailers tv God of War Blowout show had me even more pumped to buy this.

I am sooo horny for this game recently, but like jlarlee, I can hopefully wait...but it won't be easy. Maybe I'll finish up some of my backlog and try to get rid of this COD:MW2 addiction and try to ward off a long BFBC2 addiction. So many good games out. I hope the industry keeps giving us AAA games throughout the year like this and not all in the winter.

[quote name='jh6269']I kind of hope they cut the part that was in the demo where you have to fly up and out of that long tower and dodge the falling fireballs and wooden beams. That part sucked.[/QUOTE]

Actually, I found that to be the most challenging part of the entire demo. I died about 3-6 times or more on my first playthrough just on that final part.

[quote name='lokizz']soooooooooooooooooooooooo. you preordered gow 3 again huh? last i heard you wanted to wait till it dropped in price...................sooooooooooooooooooooooo what happened to change your mind?:D[/QUOTE]

Honestly, I was just in a really good mood today for some reason and I wanted to give the cute and knowledgeable girl who did my trade-ins a pre-order to boost her numbers. I may still cancel it after it comes out or try and flip it on CL the day it comes out for $45 or so. If all else fails, I should be able to sell it to my one buddies' brother in law for close to MSRP since he's been itching to play this and I'm hooking him up with a copy of Aion from a trade from CAG for cheaper than MSRP.

Once the GTA Episodes come out at the end of March I'll know whether or not I wanna bother even cracking open GOW3 or not.

Till then though I have my leftover backlog to finish playing(Mercenaries 2, LBP, etc).

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Actually, I found that to be the most challenging part of the entire demo. I died about 3-6 times or more on my first playthrough just on that final part.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, me too, but it was terrible. I can't stand that kind of game mechanic; it's just too frustrating and adds nothing to the game for me. I got through it after a few tries, but it really didn't add anything the demo/game for me.

because Amazon was out of the Ultimate Edition I went ahead and preordered it from Bestbuy.com came to 109.XX after tax :( $20 more than Amazon's price was

[quote name='AndrewsAwesome4']because Amazon was out of the Ultimate Edition I went ahead and preordered it from Bestbuy.com came to 109.XX after tax :( $20 more than Amazon's price was[/QUOTE]

I'm worried that BB.com will come back after the shipping date is supposed to be, and say sorry, we couldn't fulfill your order. Otherwise, I may buy a second Ultimate edition and see if I can sell it later for a few hundred bucks...

[quote name='jh6269']Yeah, me too, but it was terrible. I can't stand that kind of game mechanic; it's just too frustrating and adds nothing to the game for me. I got through it after a few tries, but it really didn't add anything the demo/game for me.[/QUOTE]

But if I remember correctly, the demo for the original God Of War included a good portion of the first level and the entire Hydra fight near the end of it. So that portion of the demo is probably in the finished game too.

Since they're supposedly working on full 3-D for games, could you imagine playing through that final part of the GOW3 demo in 3-D?:D:shock:

[quote name='smarkbran']I played the demo today for this and I haven't really been paying much attention to this game, but wow! This looks like a day one purchase for me, and the gametrailers tv God of War Blowout show had me even more pumped to buy this.[/QUOTE]

I wanted it before watching gametrailers tv. After watching that I want it even more and March 16 can't get here fast enough. :)

[quote name='jman619']I wanted it before watching gametrailers tv. After watching that I want it even more and March 16 can't get here fast enough. :)[/QUOTE]

i was going to check that out after you mentioned it but then i felt like there may be too any spoilers in it so i backed out. as much as i want to know everything already im going to practice supreme discpline for this game and just wait. damn it march 16 come already!!!!!!!!!!!!

I got a little god of war fever... wish they'd up the release date... trying to play some wolverine origins, just to hold me over.

[quote name='Thomas96']I got a little god of war fever... wish they'd up the release date... trying to play some wolverine origins, just to hold me over.[/QUOTE]

maybe someone will come out with a God of War Fever song lol. i just started up red faction guerilla but as soon as gow3 comes out thats going on hold. same for uncharted 2 mp.

i wonder if people figured out a way around that whole gow3 skins deal. is there a way to have all of them ?

[quote name='lokizz']maybe someone will come out with a God of War Fever song lol. i just started up red faction guerilla but as soon as gow3 comes out thats going on hold. same for uncharted 2 mp.

i wonder if people figured out a way around that whole gow3 skins deal. is there a way to have all of them ?[/QUOTE]

So far, I think people have only figured out that if you make two PSN accounts, I think you can have one skin on each.

But definitely try to finish RF:G before GOW3 comes out. It's a fun game and it becomes very fun if you play it unconventionally.;) By unconventional, I mean using vehicles as weapons to take out troops and buildings that you're tasked with destroying. The larger the vehicle, the more fun it is to just plow through the building with.:D

What are you guys talking about for the skins deal? I am getting one for Amazon, and I got enough Slurpees for another skin too. Wish I knew whether these skins will be available for everyone after a period of time our not. I'd rather get the GoW 3 dynamic theme with the Slurpee points.

[quote name='Thomas96']I got a little god of war fever... wish they'd up the release date... trying to play some wolverine origins, just to hold me over.[/QUOTE]

Ive been playing god of war collection. Beat GOW 1 and GOW 2, got all trophies and im about to buy GOW Chains of olympus. Play that a few times, then maybe play god of war 1 and then 2 and by that time god of war 3 will be here. LOL.

I dont understand about the skin codes. On amazon/gamestop they say the costumes unlock after you beat the game once. So i need to use the code and beat the game to access it? Because i initially thought they meant the code unlocks it right away, and you would normally get it via beating the game once. Both previous games had you unlocking costumes based on beating the game and what difficulty you beat it on. I dont know, but im not going to redeem any of my skin codes till i beat the game once and see whats up. Maybe you can unlock them, and one of the codes might be for a costume for beating it on the hardest difficulty, which i would most likely use the most just in case. LOL

[quote name='The 7th Number']
I dont understand about the skin codes. On amazon/gamestop they say the costumes unlock after you beat the game once. So i need to use the code and beat the game to access it? Because i initially thought they meant the code unlocks it right away, and you would normally get it via beating the game once. Both previous games had you unlocking costumes based on beating the game and what difficulty you beat it on. I dont know, but im not going to redeem any of my skin codes till i beat the game once and see whats up. Maybe you can unlock them, and one of the codes might be for a costume for beating it on the hardest difficulty, which i would most likely use the most just in case. LOL[/QUOTE]

Well, here's what my Amazon e-mail says:

The in-game Apollo skin unlocks AFTER you've completely played through the full retail version of God of War III at least once.

Here is what the Slurpee.com says:

Unlock the exclusive Morpheus armor for Kratos after you’ve played through God of War III

It sounds to me like maybe it's just beat the game once on any difficulty, but who knows. I don't think I can drink any more Slurpees, so I don't know if I should just get the PS3 theme or the skin.

bread's done
Back