God of War III Ultimate Edition $24.99 @ GS Stores

DanteWarrior

CAGiversary!
Feedback
81 (100%)
If you can find one, the GOW3 Ultimate Edition is now sold as a used copy of GOW3 ($24.99)in all Gamestop stores.
Some stores still have them sealed but the UE SKU does not show up in their system anymore, so you can either call or check in person.

Struck out at GS. Employee stared at the stock room door for about 15 seconds before telling me it's sold out because of the price reduction. Not sure if I believe him.

[quote name='Marauder7']Struck out at GS. Employee stared at the stock room door for about 15 seconds before telling me it's sold out because of the price reduction. Not sure if I believe him.[/QUOTE]
That guy wins GameStop Actor of the Year. "Let me... It's sold out! (sweats profusely)"
[quote name='Ultragamer']If I was gonna stalk someone I would do it Splinter Cell style. Or Metal Gear Solid style with a cardboard box.[/QUOTE]
[quote name='JNKryo']Hell, I'd do it Duke Nukem style.[/QUOTE]
Snake Eyes would be cooler than both those combined. But I'd prefer Kratos in this case, because you'd be all decked out in white makeup and shit, killing people. (hides)

[quote name='EnronLackey']To all Houston, TX CAGs

Went over to my friend shop and he stated that he sold the only one they have left early in the morning .. he checked for stock around on the PC and couldnt located any of them but stated that its best just to visit the stores .. I went to two locations: Wayside and Gulfgate locations .. none in stock[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that was me :D Gulfgate didn't have any so I went to the Wayside location; my cousin is going to love this :whee: Last year, I missed out on the online Toys R Us deal...it wasn't going to happen to me again :lol:

I also went to the Weslayan location and the guy there was very helpful. He looked it up for me and said that he knew what other location might have it. He called the store and said if I got the PowerUp card, I would get it dirt cheap. He told me the store's location, I thanked him and went on my way to the Fondren store.

Unfortunately, my dumbass does not know that location, or that area for that matter, and got lost :whistle2:( I went back home because I thought it would be gone by now. I looked up the store today and went to that location. When I got there I asked the guy if they had any GoW 3 C.E. and he said they did have one yesterday; it was on hold for someone (me) but it sold at the end of the day :bomb: Now I know which stores are honest and which are not; some guys gave me an explanation as to why they had it at this price and others just told me I wasn't going to find it at all. I called the Shepard location and some dumbass told me it was a 2 year old edition and I wasn't going to find in stores. Other assholes just shook their head as a response without telling me anything else (W. Holcombe location).

I need to get a damn GPS. I'm just satisfied I bought one for my cousin :D Thanks again DanteWarrior :applause:

Excuse some of my choice of words; some of these guys just know how to piss people off.

Last edited by a moderator:
Random, but if someone doesnt want/need the Pandoras Box, send me a pm with how much you want for it....long shot i know..but it never hurts to ask.

[quote name='htown01']Yeah, that was me :D Gulfgate didn't have any so I went to the Wayside location; my cousin is going to love this :whee: Last year, I missed out on the online Toys R Us deal...it wasn't going to happen to me again :lol:

I also went to the Weslayan location and the guy there was very helpful. He looked it up for me and said that he knew what other location might have it. He called the store and said if I got the PowerUp card, I would get it dirt cheap. He told me the store's location, I thanked him and went on my way to the Fondren store.

Unfortunately, my dumbass does not know that location, or that area for that matter, and got lost :whistle2:( I went back home because I thought it would be gone by now. I looked up the store today and went to that location. When I got there I asked the guy if they had any GoW 3 C.E. and he said they did have one yesterday; it was on hold for someone (me) but it sold at the end of the day :bomb: Now I know which stores are honest and which are not; some guys gave me an explanation as to why they had it at this price and others just told me I wasn't going to find it at all. I called the Shepard location and some dumbass told me it was a 2 year old edition and I wasn't going to find in stores. Other assholes just shook their head as a response without telling me anything else (W. Holcombe location).

I need to get a damn GPS. I'm just satisfied I bought one for my cousin :D Thanks again DanteWarrior :applause:

Excuse some of my choice of words; some of these guys just know how to piss people off.[/QUOTE]
www.mapquest.com :razz: I've used it for ALL of the deal hunting I've ever done and only in ONE case was it off by quite a bit.;) You can get directions from your doorstep to the store and back.

As for people having the stores 'hold' these for you, I've always looked on these YMMV deals as first come first served. If you can't get there till a week from Tuesday, then oh fuckin' well. If I'm there at 10:10 am with cash in hand to buy but they're telling me it's 'held' for someone else, then their DM is getting a call/email or the threat of a call/email is going to be used.

It does suck not getting in on these YMMV sometimes, but that's why they're YMMV, since you're not guaranteed to get them. But there's always another deal around the corner that you can get in on and who knows that one may be leagues better.:D

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']www.mapquest.com :razz: I've used it for ALL of the deal hunting I've ever done and only in ONE case was it off by quite a bit.;) You can get directions from your doorstep to the store and back.

As for people having the stores 'hold' these for you, I've always looked on these YMMV deals as first come first served. If you can't get there till a week from Tuesday, then oh fuckin' well. If I'm there at 10:10 am with cash in hand to buy but they're telling me it's 'held' for someone else, then their DM is getting a call/email or the threat of a call/email is going to be used.

It does suck not getting in on these YMMV sometimes, but that's why they're YMMV, since you're not guaranteed to get them. But there's always another deal around the corner that you can get in on and who knows that one may be leagues better.:D[/QUOTE]

Yeah I used mapquest today to get to that location :) There was a deal posted over at SD where Advanced Autoparts were clearancing some TomToms, I completely missed out on that one...that's a whole other story though (damn shady-ass AA).

I wasn't mad at them for selling it, I was mad at my dumbass because they did ME a favor :bomb: That "bomb" smiley was for me :lol: If only I had gotten that GPS this past weekend...

Like I said, it's cool, as long as I got one for my cous :D It's going to go well with a nice guide I picked up at BB a while ago ;)

[quote name='htown01']Yeah I used mapquest today to get to that location :) There was a deal posted over at SD where Advanced Autoparts were clearancing some TomToms, I completely missed out on that one...that's a whole other story though (damn shady-ass AA).

I wasn't mad at them for selling it, I was mad at my dumbass because they did ME a favor :bomb: That "bomb" smiley was for me :lol: If only I had gotten that GPS this past weekend...

Like I said, it's cool, as long as I got one for my cous :D It's going to go well with a nice guide I picked up at BB a while ago ;)[/QUOTE]
Unfortunately I had to go to a local flea market to pick up any copies of the UE guide cuz the one BB employee hoarded those mf'ers.:bomb:

Hopefully the guide becomes as sought after as the UE game, since I plan on holding onto these bad boys unless I get enough of the UE games to match them.;)

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Unfortunately I had to go to a local flea market to pick up any copies of the UE guide cuz the one BB employee hoarded those mf'ers.:bomb:

Hopefully the guide becomes as sought after as the UE game, since I plan on holding onto these bad boys unless I get enough of the UE games to match them.;)[/QUOTE]

Damn, that's unfortunate.

:lol: Well, good luck collecting :D It's going to be difficult but not impossible.

I usually mark locations of stores I've been to on a map or save the directions for future use. It comes in handy, so I can visualize a particular path and see whether it connects with other stores like Blockbuster, Target, Kmart, or whatever. Although, I imagine having a GPS would make things more convient. It's like, "Location 1."

"Right away, sir. Are you checking for new clearance drops today?"

"Just get me there, Jarvis."

(looks around nervously)

According to my GS the Ultimate Edition was gone months ago so the website is months "outdated"

[quote name='Envel']According to my GS the Ultimate Edition was gone months ago so the website is months "outdated"[/QUOTE]
Could it be related to it being converted to a used SKU?

[quote name='sadboy']It's like, "Location 1."

"Right away, sir. Are you checking for new clearance drops today?"

"Just get me there, Jarvis."

(looks around nervously)[/QUOTE]

:lol:

[quote name='Envel']According to my GS the Ultimate Edition was gone months ago so the website is months "outdated"[/QUOTE]

That's odd. The website listing to the store I ventured to updated regularly the next morning after it was sold.

[quote name='htown01']Damn, that's unfortunate.

:lol: Well, good luck collecting :D It's going to be difficult but not impossible.[/QUOTE]
This is especially true after this last drop where they pre-pulled supposedly and the one lady manager gave me a hassle n threatened to ban me(for buying stuff that was still on the shelf).

I may have to resort to taking a buddy with me next time and have HIM try buying them since they know me to see me.:cry:

Speaking of which, I was supposed to call him today n get him to go in and ask about the GOW3 UE's at the closest GS still showing them in stock. Too late in the day now to do that though, so I'll hope for a successful strike at one of the ones I should be near in about 30-40 minutes.;)

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I may have to resort to taking a buddy with me next time and have HIM try buying them since they know me to see me.:cry:[/QUOTE]

Wear a fake mustache and a hat next time. Also give yourself a fake accent. If that doesn't work then your gonna have to get some plastic surgery for gamestop deals.

Growing up in the 80s, I was firmly taught that if I ever needed to disguise myself to take tanning pills.

soulman1.jpg

[quote name='confoosious']Growing up in the 80s, I was firmly taught that if I ever needed to disguise myself to take tanning pills.
[/QUOTE]

Pills are very 80's. Now it's sprayed

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I may have to resort to taking a buddy with me next time and have HIM try buying them since they know me to see me.:cry:[/QUOTE]

disguise-glasses.jpg

[quote name='Ultragamer']Wear a fake mustache and a hat next time. Also give yourself a fake accent. If that doesn't work then your gonna have to get some plastic surgery for gamestop deals.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='HydroX']
disguise-glasses.jpg
[/QUOTE]
Both valid ideas, cept that I already have the whole mustache/goatee dealie going on and I likely wouldn't be able to control myself from asking if any guides had pennied recently and asking for some.:D;)

I AM tempted to dress up as El Hoardo for Halloween and go in wearing a Lucha Libre styled wrestling mask and a cape with a shirt that says "All Your Penny Guides R Belong To Me" for shits n giggles.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Both valid ideas, cept that I already have the whole mustache/goatee dealie going on and I likely wouldn't be able to control myself from asking if any guides had pennied recently and asking for some.:D;)[/QUOTE]

Just because you have a mustache doesn't mean you can't wear a fake one over it. ;)

[quote name='HydroX']They didn't have any copies of a LIMITED EDITION, so... What do you expect them to do? Magically rip one from their anus? Most GS employees have no knowledge of what's going on, so expecting anything other than what happened is expecting far too much.[/QUOTE]

First off, if you had read the entire post, you would have discovered that I did in fact realize that a copy of the GoWIII:UE would not 'magically' materialize in front of me and that I kept my cool, for the most part.

What I expected from the GS employees was a little more consideration and assistance, especially since one of THEIR employees made a mistake, thus, wasting my time and money, so I feel that expecting a small bit of sympathy besides a "sorry" is definitely not asking too much in terms of my expectations.

I expect any person who works in customer service to DO THEIR JOB which is to provide the CUSTOMER with SERVICE.

I have worked in the retail industry for 5+ years back in the early 2000s, so I know how it feels to be mistreated by people who think that because you work in a retail job as a cashier, etc., they have the 'right' to treat you any way they wish because you're just a 'cashier', 'salesperson', 'clerk' or whatever the customer service position may entail, so I know what goes on in a retail sales environment.

With all that being said, I always did my job providing SERVICE to the CUSTOMER, even if I was not having too stellar of a day. Why? Because IT WAS MY JOB.

I suppose you're right though. Perhaps you shouldn't expect too much nowadays, considering that most people in the world lack manners anyway.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']This is especially true after this last drop where they pre-pulled supposedly and the one lady manager gave me a hassle n threatened to ban me(for buying stuff that was still on the shelf).

I may have to resort to taking a buddy with me next time and have HIM try buying them since they know me to see me.:cry:

Speaking of which, I was supposed to call him today n get him to go in and ask about the GOW3 UE's at the closest GS still showing them in stock. Too late in the day now to do that though, so I'll hope for a successful strike at one of the ones I should be near in about 30-40 minutes.;)[/QUOTE]

Good luck with that IATCG :) You can always wear a mask over your face too...oh no, wait

[quote name='Ultragamer']Wear a fake mustache and a hat next time. Also give yourself a fake accent. If that doesn't work then your gonna have to get some plastic surgery for gamestop deals.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='HydroX']
disguise-glasses.jpg
[/QUOTE]

[quote name='WiiShopChannels']yea, I believe the SW Houston is indeed wiped out[/QUOTE]
Yes, SW Houston is wiped. The guy at the Kirby location was very helpful; he explained they had 2 but sold recently. He went ahead and explained the situation; the change of SKU made it difficult for them to track in the system and there is no way to find out which store actually has them.

Thanks very much, CAG. Manage to score one at the last of the 4 locations i went to, which had 2 GoW III UE left on their shelfs. They also had a Arkham Asylum CE, but it was for the 360, so i didn't get it.

I managed to get the last UE in Greenville, NC, but it seems that someone swiped the code insert from the disc case. I have everything else but it sucks that I have no DLC codes.

I called the eight stores that showed "in stock" in my area and all said that they didn't have one in stock and/or they have been pulled from the system so YMMV.

There are only 2 GS around me that know what customer service and how to refund orders that were purchased online. One specifically bends the rules a little if your a regular customer (return/rebuy w/o receipt, gave me two issues of Game Informer because the original store that sold me the magazine used the wrong address and took them 2 months to correct it) and their inventory is always correct.

[quote name='Marauder7']There are only 2 GS around me that know what customer service and how to refund orders that were purchased online. One specifically bends the rules a little if your a regular customer (return/rebuy w/o receipt, gave me two issues of Game Informer because the original store that sold me the magazine used the wrong address and took them 2 months to correct it) and their inventory is always correct.[/QUOTE]
They used to give me every issue of the magazine till they started sending me my subscription when I'd sign up for the EDGE card, which kinda backfired cuz corporate then sent me all of the back issues from when I signed up and stuffed my mailbox full of magazines in ONE day.:bomb:

[quote name='Organization_XIII']The entire lower peninsula of Michigan is wiped out. Think how I feel... But at least I scored a DJ Hero 1 bundle for only $12, so I still came out ahead.[/QUOTE]

not true. 2 stores by me have them...

I was able to find one in the Metro Atlanta area but I bought the last one at their store. It had been sitting there for the longest, waiting for someone to buy it but $79.99 was something I could not do for a game with a year old mediocre C.E. . Glad I did wait :) Now let's see how long it'll take for the CE of Halo:Reach to hit clearance status ;)

[quote name='seek-and-destroy']not true. 2 stores by me have them...[/QUOTE]

Where are you located. I called tons of stores ranging from Holland to Battle Creek to Detroit, and they all sang the same tired tune, "We don't have it and haven't for months..."

[quote name='WiiShopChannels']yea, I believe the SW Houston is indeed wiped out[/QUOTE]

Are you just confiming cause you checked around or because you are the one that wiped them out?

[quote name='cycophuk']Are you just confiming cause you checked around or because you are the one that wiped them out?[/QUOTE]

Lol, I don't know about him but I did check around 4 stores in SW and not all of them had this item. Plus I wouldn't call it wiped, there was not much to wipe; it was more like picked because not all stores had them.

Like I previously posted, the only 2 stores that told me that had them were Kirby and Bellaire location (2 and 1). The other stores gave me BS responses. I didn't call, I drove to the stores.

[quote name='Organization_XIII']Where are you located. I called tons of stores ranging from Holland to Battle Creek to Detroit, and they all sang the same tired tune, "We don't have it and haven't for months..."[/QUOTE]
They must be tired of getting calls. I know of at least 4 stores in the Metro Detroit area that at least had them earlier this week, including the Novi store where mine came from.

I know there's a gamestop in Kalamazoo that had literally stacks of Batman: Arkham Asylum CE just last time I was there 2 weeks ago, and now that these deals came out, the 20 or 30 they had are all gone.... I have doubts that anyone other than the employees and their friends got any of them.

3 somewhat close gamestops come up as having it on the tracker. 1st one said they had it and would hold it for me till I got there. Got there and they told me they made a mistake or some crap. Next one has a guy immediately tell me no, they don't have any. And I'm not too interested in making the trip out to the last one.

[quote name='seek-and-destroy']not true. 2 stores by me have them...[/QUOTE]

I'm trying to make a trade with someone else, but he was only able to find one. If you happen to pick up both of them in your area, I'd happily make you a very good trade/cash for it.

[quote name='Crazypanda_85']I was able to find one in the Metro Atlanta area but I bought the last one at their store. It had been sitting there for the longest, waiting for someone to buy it but $79.99 was something I could not do for a game with a year old mediocre C.E. . Glad I did wait :) Now let's see how long it'll take for the CE of Halo:Reach to hit clearance status ;)[/QUOTE]

Halo Reach: Legendary edition hit clearance status pricing for a good whole day at one point for $19.99 due to a price glitch. snagged one. shoulda bought more, don't know what i was thinking. :)

[quote name='Organization_XIII']I'm trying to make a trade with someone else, but he was only able to find one. If you happen to pick up both of them in your area, I'd happily make you a very good trade/cash for it.[/QUOTE]

i'm in the flint area

[quote name='Donut2922']Halo Reach: Legendary edition hit clearance status pricing for a good whole day at one point for $19.99 due to a price glitch. snagged one. shoulda bought more, don't know what i was thinking. :)[/QUOTE]
I should have jumped day one. I think I was just desensitized from having recently bought the Legendary Edition (from Best Buy's B2G1F sale), the YMMV nature of the deal, and not knowing the price was going to change after day one.

Alright. I had my one buddy go into the closest GS marked as having these in stock and ask about them. They said they were sold out or didn't have them.:roll:

Oh well. No big loss.

bread's done
Back