God of War III Ultimate Edition (PS3) $59.96 + $0.97 shipping at Walmart.com

Freaking sweet. I had waited on GOWIII because I had such a huge backlog and now I'm glad I did. In for one, thanks!

The artbook sounds nice, but I don't care to own Pandora's box as I have no need to kill a God. Now, a Blade of Chaos, that I could use. I forget which collectors set of GoWIII came with that.

[quote name='radioactivez0r']One could start an entire hobby simply based on finding the upgraded editions for the lowest price possible, and not even play them.[/QUOTE]

I see you are relatively new here...
Yeah, we're very good at that passtime.

[quote name='SDC']I see you are relatively new here...
Yeah, we're very good at that passtime.[/QUOTE]
Ain't that the truth!

[quote name='Fernando Rocker']Ordered one... I want to play the game... unfortunetly, my collectible OCD doesn't allow me to buy a regular game knowing that there is a Collector's Edition out there... I know, I'm sad.[/QUOTE]

We have much in common.

Holy crap, that was fast shipping. Ordered it when this topic came up and it arrived today. Picked the cheapest option too ($0.97).

[quote name='tossin']Holy crap, that was fast shipping. Ordered it when this topic came up and it arrived today. Picked the cheapest option too ($0.97).[/QUOTE]

Agreed. I ordered my mid last week and got it yesterday - $.97 option. It came via fedex. Thanks for the heads up Cheapy!

[quote name='prateeko']Anyone have any luck with a price adjustment? Their return period is 90 (!) days, whcih is coming right up and since I haven't opened my copy yet I could technically return and rebuy...[/QUOTE]

Just a heads up, I sent them an email and they told me the rollback window was 7 days and that I was over my 90 day (DAMN that's long) window. I informed them that it was delivered on March 19th and that 90 Days wouldn't be up until a week or so (return and rebuy is an option, but I haven't even opened it yet thanks to backlog). They issued me a refund for $32.

If you already ordered it from them, it might be worth a shot to try getting the diff back. This saves me the hassle of having to order again and return my current, unopened copy in the next few days (which would be annoying since I'm busy and I can't imagine the employees of wal-mart being too helpful with online returns/90-day windows...)

Does anyone know if this price holds true in-store or only online? I'm not far from a B&M and would rather pickup...

[quote name='AAdvance']Does anyone know if this price holds true in-store or only online? I'm not far from a B&M and would rather pickup...[/QUOTE]
most of time it does not, they are usually much higher for certain things. you should call the store, a game I bought online was 20 dollars, and in store still 40.

For anyone that got this and actually openned it:

1. Is the box as cool as it should be or is it sorta meh?
2. Is the game a sealed normal copy of the game, or is it some weird not-for-resale thing?

Cuz I kinda want the stuff... just not the game. And my cousin's birthday is coming up so... :D

Pretty sure the game is shrinkwrapped but it has not for resale on the back of it. And from the look of unboxing videos the Pandora's box does look cheap and stupid. Kind of like most super edition bonus stuff.

[quote name='Chronis']For anyone that got this and actually openned it:

1. Is the box as cool as it should be or is it sorta meh?
2. Is the game a sealed normal copy of the game, or is it some weird not-for-resale thing?

Cuz I kinda want the stuff... just not the game. And my cousin's birthday is coming up so... :D[/QUOTE]

The game looks normal but is the ultimate edition, it has all the redemption codes sealed into the actual games shrink wrap, so if you want the DLC for yourself you're out of luck giving him a shrink wrapped copy...

[quote name='AAdvance']Does anyone know if this price holds true in-store or only online? I'm not far from a B&M and would rather pickup...[/QUOTE]

Does not hold at all, no. Walmart decides prices based on local competition. If any store in the area is selling it for a certain price, Walmart will go slightly lower.
That's why on the website they say "prices may vary in store" and also why Walmart doesn't match their own freakin' website.

I was very tempted by this. I decided to get the regular edition at K-Mart for $35 instead. Thanks for the heads-up, I would've bought it had I not seen the deal at K-Mart.

bread's done
Back