God of war saga playing order

xplode427

CAGiversary!
Feedback
72 (100%)
I'm playing god of war for the first time. What is the the appropriate order in which to play these 5 games? by release date: 1, 2, Olympus, 3, ghost of Sparta? Or chronologically based on the timeline: Olympus, Sparta 1, 2, 3 ( I think that's right from the Wikipedia page)? Thanks!

Play them in the order of release, as the controls and mechanics improve with each new game rather than jumping around. I believe the between games are sort of written with knowledge of prior games/mechanics in mind.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Play them in the order of release, as the controls and mechanics improve with each new game rather than jumping around. I believe the between games are sort of written with knowledge of prior games/mechanics in mind.[/QUOTE]

Thanks frisky. Anyone have an estimate of the play time of each game?

[quote name='xplode427']Thanks frisky. Anyone have an estimate of the play time of each game?[/QUOTE]

You can beast through the games pretty quickly if you want (4-5 hours). The exploring is limited and the puzzles are fairly easy (I've played more difficult puzzles in Zelda DS games). Boss battles can be challenging but just pay attention to what the boss does and when (timing)

Great games though; if you really just want to make a quick play through I'd try easy or normal difficulty levels.

I do agree with playing them based on release. You won't missing anything storywise if you play the console version first and then the PSP HD releases.

fuck the boss at the end of Chains of Olympus.

Unskippable cut scene you have to re-watch after you die during the first part of the fight. There is even a trophy for having to watch the damn thing 3 times.

[quote name='waldo21212']fuck the boss at the end of Chains of Olympus.

Unskippable cut scene you have to re-watch after you die during the first part of the fight. There is even a trophy for having to watch the damn thing 3 times.[/QUOTE]

LOL too damn funny.

bread's done
Back