God of War the MOVIE! SA WEET and other Good movies in the works.

Mr_hockey66

CAGiversary!
Feedback
254 (100%)
I just saw on comingsoon.net that the GOW movie is in the works. Thats awsome. Bret Retnar directing. Thats going to rock!

A couple of others of note.

x-men first class
iron man 2
capt americia
The hobbit--a double feature
spiderman 4-5

ThunderCATS!!!! HO!!!!!
Gi jo looks pretty sweet.

I don't know about these though.

Jurassic park 4
terminator 5
beverly hills cop 4

You forgot to mention [ insert big, dumb Hollywood movie here ] !!!

[quote name='Mr_hockey66']I just saw on comingsoon.net that the GOW movie is in the works. Thats awsome. Bret Retnar directing. Thats going to rock!

A couple of others of note.

x-men first class
iron man 2
capt americia
The hobbit--a double feature
spiderman 4-5

ThunderCATS!!!! HO!!!!!
Gi jo looks pretty sweet.

I don't know about these though.

Jurassic park 4
terminator 5
beverly hills cop 4[/quote]

I hope you're joking that Brett Ratner directing is a good thing. :puke:This is the same guy who thought a Guitar Hero game was a good idea.

[quote name='jaykrue']I hope you're joking that Brett Ratner directing is a good thing. :puke:This is the same guy who thought a Guitar Hero game was a good idea.[/quote]

Damn, you beat me to it. Brett Ratner is a hack of the worst order.

I thought Iron Man, the X-Men series, the Spider-Man series, all sucked huge balls. I'd totally watch Jurassic Park 4, Terminator 5, and Beverly hills Cop 4, though.

God Of War isn't good enough to warrant a movie. Iron Man 2 is going to ruffle feathers because Sam Jackson got canned as Ultimate Nick Fury, probably going to be just regular "white dude" Nick Fury. Don Cheadle is cool but it'll feel wierd without Terrence Howard. Captain America would be an awesome movie if they did if like Ultimates, where Cap doesn't fit in and has to deal with culture shock as a plot element (no lame product tie-ins, like him saying "What's Twitter?", just simple stuff like "Holy shit, your phone is the size of my Zippo!").

The Hobbit might suck unless the guy who played Bilbo in LotR keeps the role, so the footage between the LotR trilogy flashback meshes up. Don't pull a Sebastian Shaw on us, Jackson! (EDIT: I'm not saying it won't suck, it'll be great, but won't feel like an extension of Jackson's trilogy if they cast a new Bilbo).

The X-Men movie...not sure what to think. Is it in the whole X1-3 + WOlverine continuity?

Other than that Spider-Man should be good as always. Thundercats and GI Joe will be garbage. Terminator should be cool because about the only thing they haven't done in a movie is show John Connor sending Kyle Reese back, etc. Basically scenes from the future other than the first movie's flashbacks.

[quote name='crunchb3rry']God Of War isn't good enough to warrant a movie. Iron Man 2 is going to ruffle feathers because Sam Jackson got canned as Ultimate Nick Fury, probably going to be just regular "white dude" Nick Fury. Don Cheadle is cool but it'll feel wierd without Terrence Howard. Captain America would be an awesome movie if they did if like Ultimates, where Cap doesn't fit in and has to deal with culture shock as a plot element (no lame product tie-ins, like him saying "What's Twitter?", just simple stuff like "Holy shit, your phone is the size of my Zippo!").

The Hobbit might suck unless the guy who played Bilbo in LotR keeps the role, so the footage between the LotR trilogy flashback meshes up. Don't pull a Sebastian Shaw on us, Jackson! (EDIT: I'm not saying it won't suck, it'll be great, but won't feel like an extension of Jackson's trilogy if they cast a new Bilbo).

The X-Men movie...not sure what to think. Is it in the whole X1-3 + WOlverine continuity?

Other than that Spider-Man should be good as always. Thundercats and GI Joe will be garbage. Terminator should be cool because about the only thing they haven't done in a movie is show John Connor sending Kyle Reese back, etc. Basically scenes from the future other than the first movie's flashbacks.[/quote]

Did you miss the part about Sam Jackson being signed to 9 movies as Nick Fury, including Iron Man 2?

9 movies!? What are the nine? I thought they were not letting him be Nick Fury. Maybe I confused it with the cameo after the Iron Man credits. It wasn't in the theatrical cut and was added for the home release, right?

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']Brett Ratner damn near killed X-Men, and now he's going to kill God of War before it even has a chance? Lame.[/quote]
I rather he kill God of War than Conan the Barbarian.

[quote name='crunchb3rry']9 movies!? What are the nine? I thought they were not letting him be Nick Fury. Maybe I confused it with the cameo after the Iron Man credits. It wasn't in the theatrical cut and was added for the home release, right?[/quote]

Sam Jackson was in the theatrical cut. me and the wife stayed because of it, just like in xmen 3

[quote name='Xevious']I rather he kill God of War than Conan the Barbarian.[/quote]

god of war could actually be great if they try to keep it as one movie rather than a trilogy. honestly if they can condense the first game into a 90 minute movie it would be great. kinda like clash of the titans upped to the 100th degree.

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']Brett Ratner damn near killed X-Men, and now he's going to kill God of War before it even has a chance? Lame.[/quote]

he didn't kill xmen it was a combo of three things.
1. all xmen movies have been wolverine based anyway. so hard to tell a story when it is just about wolverine anyway
2. he had no say in the script it was a finished product and he had to just film it in his vision. no creative leeway at all. honestly that would have been singer's movie if he didn't jump ship at the last moment to direct superman and take cyclops with him.
3. finally 3 wasn't that bad, but it wasn't all that good either. if singer had stayed it would have been a different movie and probably a completely different film altogether.

with that aside GOW could honestly be great if they keep it strictly honest to the original material and don't add in anything silly for no reason

[quote name='DarkKenpachi']
with that aside GOW could honestly be great if they keep it strictly honest to the original material and don't add in anything silly for no reason[/quote]

We are fucked. Should I lay down and put a paper bag over my head?

[quote name='DarkKenpachi']3. finally 3 wasn't that bad[/quote]

Oh god yes it was. That thing was an affront to cinema on the scale of Epic Movie.

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']Oh god yes it was. That thing was an affront to cinema on the scale of Epic Movie.[/quote]

*slaps the penguin*

NO! Never, NEVER, compare a movie to the writhing abortions that are every damn failure from anybody involved in any form of "Stupidassshit Movie" past Scary Movie 2 (You know, back when they had *some* freshness and comedy in them still, and the Wayans brothers (spelling?) still had some input.) I won't claim Scary Movie 1/2 are cinematic genius, or truly hilarious, but they are pretty damn solid, especially compared to the filth that they have been reduced to. They have become a joke, much like EA Games and movies based on videogames.

EA has been stepping it up though, slowly. Dead Space was a surprise coming from them. Oddly, that seems to be the secret to a good EA game: don't promote it. Never saw a single commercial or anything like that for Dead Space.

[quote name='crunchb3rry']EA has been stepping it up though, slowly. Dead Space was a surprise coming from them. Oddly, that seems to be the secret to a good EA game: don't promote it. Never saw a single commercial or anything like that for Dead Space.[/quote]

You didn't watch TV then. I would catch one every commercial break. By the time it launched I wanted to shoot everybody that talked about it. Honestly, it looked like Doom 3 to me. Not into the entire space nonsense.

[quote name='crunchb3rry']EA has been stepping it up though, slowly. Dead Space was a surprise coming from them. Oddly, that seems to be the secret to a good EA game: don't promote it. Never saw a single commercial or anything like that for Dead Space.[/quote]

I'm playing it right now and it's RE4 with better graphics, on a ship in space. I am pleased.

But to be on topic, the GoW movie will be terrible, as all video game movies thus far have been terrible :oldman:

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']Oh god yes it was. That thing was an affront to cinema on the scale of Epic Movie.[/quote]

Yup, pretty much. Emo spidey was one of crappiest things I've ever seen. I just love to play that shitty sequence where he thinks he's such a badass.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']Yup, pretty much. Emo spidey was one of crappiest things I've ever seen. I just love to play that shitty sequence where he thinks he's such a badass.[/quote]

...We're talking about X3...

Did you hear that Mickey Rourke is set to play Whiplash in the new Iron Man 2 movie. Along with Samuel L Jackson as Fury, Scarlet Johansen as Black widow, Don Cheadle and Paltrow will be Pepper again.

If they do a new Xmen i hope they do it right. More action. Rogue as an *ss kicker like the comics.

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah the new x-men movie will be about the young students

iceman
rogue
jubilee
angel

As to the nine movies with sam jackson heres what I got

Iron man cameo
Iron man 2
Capt Americia
Avengers
A seperate nick fury movie
Thor ( don't know how on this one)
Maybe spidey 4-5
x-men first class

Best potential casting decision since Michael Clarke Duncan as Kingpin (not that I ever saw which comix movie that was).

Kratos ain't white, peckerwood.

[quote name='crunchb3rry']The Hobbit might suck unless the guy who played Bilbo in LotR keeps the role, so the footage between the LotR trilogy flashback meshes up. Don't pull a Sebastian Shaw on us, Jackson! (EDIT: I'm not saying it won't suck, it'll be great, but won't feel like an extension of Jackson's trilogy if they cast a new Bilbo).[/quote]

The Hobbit Movie is being directed by Guillermo Del Toro (Mimic, Blade 2 and a few others i think)...maybe you guys already knew this, but its damn good news!

If Guillmero Del Toro is directing The Hobbit I will have to see it even though I'm not a fan of LOTR and have not read the books.

As for the other movies the GOW movie will suck like 90% of video game movies do. I have liked the Mario Bros, Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat movies when I was a kid however that was when I was a kid and only the first MK movie. I have not seen them in a long time so can not say about that now. I do have to say I did like the Resident Evil movies. Not saying they were really good but I did like them.

The comic movies are a hit or miss. They are good or crap for me. However now it seems like Marvel is tring to make them better. Last i heard Sam Jackson wanted to much and no one wanted to pay him what he wanted. That is why he was no longer going to play Nick Fury. If that has changed or not I'm not sure. Also for the Spider-Man movies most the cast had at one time said they would never do another one unless they remade 3. I almost walked out on 3 when they killed Venom but was in so much shock I could not move.

Jurassic park 4 all I have to say is everyone was worse then the first.

Terminator 5 might be good. Three was crap and 4 should be good as long as McG and Bale don't ruin it. From what I have read McG said he ended it in a way that they could make another one but if they could not then it didn't leave you with a cliff hanger. That was before they were told they were greenlighted for a 5th one. They were just greenlighted for a 5th a few months ago. McG has shit him and his writers need to fix that the 3rd fucked up. The biggest thing is Cyberdine. It was not the US Military that made Skynet it was Cyberdine and they went to destroy it in T2 like they did. So after the shitfest that was 3 John will have to send the T-800 back with false info.

Anyway I could go on all day about the BS that is Terminator 3 and on that has nothing to do with James Cameron and other ass holes are shit fucking into the ground. See I did it again.

beverly hills cop 4 might be good. I like the movies but can't get my self to watch them some times. If they are on TV and nothing else is on I will watch them. Last I read on Yahoo.com Eddie Murphy is going to have somthing to do with it. I think he is directing it and will be in it but I can't remember what it was.

They need some crossovers in the Marvel movies. Like maybe a Kitty Pryde cameo in Spider-Man 4 or something like that.

[quote name='crunchb3rry']They need some crossovers in the Marvel movies. Like maybe a Kitty Pryde cameo in Spider-Man 4 or something like that.[/quote]

DUDE, everything you have posted in here has been wrong. Read some movie news before you post up "facts"

Marvel doesnt have rights to spiderman atm and columbia pictures/sony have had it this whole time. Unless clouds part and a miracle happens two studios wont share characters and allow crossovers. A hearty payoff would be the only hope and the studio doesnt care enough about integrity of storys or timelines (See: Xmen Origins: Wolverine)

Any reason why they are calling the movies " the avengers" instead of the "Ultimates"? They are doing the ultimates story line and with nick fury as Sam J. They said that the villian was going to be the Hulk as well. Odd.

Edit: Heres the Nick fury news update: http://www.iwatchstuff.com/2009/02/samuel_l_jackson_playing_nick.php

Use that site, use the search function and type in the movie you are curious about and see the latest news... Like jurassic park 4 is dead in the water atm because Chritons death "was a sign not to do it"

[quote name='Mojimbo']We already have an ITDEFX. A LnknPrime too.[/QUOTE]

i lold.

they should have die hard: beverly hills. and have mcclain and foley team up to take down the ultimate bad guy.

I wonder what Cheapy thinks of a RoboCop reboot. Bet it will suck like most of these remakes. And the first Nick Fury movie sucked with the Hoff, though i dont know if Sameul can do better. I literally hated his part in Jumper( he was so stupid) and let us not forget Snakes On A MFer Plane.

I also agree they should call it the Ultimates to keep it more hip and modern. The Avengers is ole school and it might make people think of the brit show and movie by the same name.

I hope the new Xmen is cool. Im a huge fan of the comics, not so much the movies. i want it to do good. I hope they have a better Psylocke, Dazzler, a gay Coluseus, Iceman, a Butt kicking Rogue like the comic and cartoon. Gambit. Maybe something do to with Emma Frost's school and the kids from there and they have to battle Apocylse. Something to do with timeline jumping with Cable.

Something fun and fresh with cool cast and cool powers.

[quote name='Lice']DUDE, everything you have posted in here has been wrong. Read some movie news before you post up "facts"
[/quote]

Well excuse me all to hell for not being King Marvel Nerd. Eat shit.

[quote name='MisterModest']I thought Iron Man, the X-Men series, the Spider-Man series, all sucked huge balls. I'd totally watch Jurassic Park 4, Terminator 5, and Beverly hills Cop 4, though.[/quote]

Iron Man sucked, but Jurassic Park 3... oh ya that was awesome?

:roll:

@OP- Can't wait for the Hobbit movie! Double feature? Huh?

[quote name='MisterModest']I thought Iron Man, the X-Men series, the Spider-Man series, all sucked huge balls. I'd totally watch Jurassic Park 4, Terminator 5, and Beverly hills Cop 4, though.[/QUOTE]

Iron Man was put togeather well. As for X-Men and Spider-Man they started off OK not great but not shit. I would say after 2 they went downhill. Jurassic Park 4 I have already said they get worse after each one and unless T4 is good the same could also be said for Terminator after 2. Three was trash and 4 will chances are not be all that good. If 4 is shit then 5 and 6 will be shit. Beverly Hills Cop 4 might not be to bad. Never got into the movies much but will watch them on tv if nothing else is on.

[quote name='Lice']DUDE, everything you have posted in here has been wrong. Read some movie news before you post up "facts"

Marvel doesnt have rights to spiderman atm and columbia pictures/sony have had it this whole time. Unless clouds part and a miracle happens two studios wont share characters and allow crossovers. A hearty payoff would be the only hope and the studio doesnt care enough about integrity of storys or timelines (See: Xmen Origins: Wolverine)

Any reason why they are calling the movies " the avengers" instead of the "Ultimates"? They are doing the ultimates story line and with nick fury as Sam J. They said that the villian was going to be the Hulk as well. Odd.

Edit: Heres the Nick fury news update: http://www.iwatchstuff.com/2009/02/samuel_l_jackson_playing_nick.php

Use that site, use the search function and type in the movie you are curious about and see the latest news... Like jurassic park 4 is dead in the water atm because Chritons death "was a sign not to do it"[/QUOTE]

Quite simply, the number of people who know the Avengers name in relation to Marvel Comics is many times greater and covering a far wider age range than those familiar with the Ultimates. There may also be a desire to distance themselves from the nastier Ultimate Universe. Look at how Ultimatum is playing out so far. A massive body count, including the Wasp's vital organs being EATEN by the Blob.

[quote name='whoknows']I hope Jake Gyllenhall plays Kratos.[/quote]

I lol'ed when I read this.

Than I cried... cause it's gonna be true. Again.

X-men 3 wasn't terrible, it was just heavily action-based, while the other movies weren't... and I don't blame Ratner for the movies' problems at all, the script was rushed to be filmed so that the film would hit theaters before Superman Returns.

I don't have an opinion of Ratner as a director either way, the movie was fine and I haven't watched any of his other movies.

X-Men, first class, sounds like a bad idea.

As far as The Hobbit goes... it's going to be just as good as the Lord of the Rings movies... Peter Jackson is going to be VERY hands-on... and when you have him and Del Toro being creative together in the process, you should have a brilliant film...

The second movie is going to be tough to swallow, as it's basically a whole new story threy are writing.

About the X3 thing... the blame falls on many shoulders, but I really have to say that the LEAST of it goes to Ratner.

Fox wanted it rushed. BIG problem.

Singer got out to do Superman. Needs new director.

Matthew Vaughn (who, oddly, NEVER seems to get mentioned in these conversations) signs on, gets a fews week before filming.... and drops out citing that he wants to spend more time with his family. He came up with a number of key sequences, as well as cast Kelsey Grammer (inspired) and Vinnie Jones (ugh, just ugh).

So, then... with only weeks before Fox FORCED filming to start, Ratner signs on, gets very little script input, aside from moving the Golden Gate bridge sequence to the end. In essence, Ratner here was what Ratner always was... a competent, if deeply flawed, journeyman director. Let's look at Red Dragon... passable, but completely pedestrian and uninspired, which is what Ratner brings to films. What RD had that X3 didn't, was a good concept, script, and studio behind it.

So, yeah, honestly... Ratner is awful, but X3 honestly wasn't his fault. Most of the blame really goes to Fox & Tom Rothman, who forced a production to begin when it was nowhere near ready. The next biggest slice is, of course, to Bryan Singer. Once he left, it was Fox's baby, which killed it. Singer's goal was to focus on Dark Phoenix, it was Fox that pushed forward with the 'cure' storyline, and relegated Dark Phoenix (DARK fucking PHOENIX!) to an awful sidenote.

... it was an awful film, to be sure, but little of it was really Ratner's fault, sadly.

bread's done
Back