God of War Trilogy Soundtrack: FREE!

game_fanatic

CAGiversary!
Feedback
19 (100%)
Hey guys, credit goes to appleb over on RFD for finding this out, but apparently you can just download the GoW Trilogy Soundtrack for free, no strings or anything, I did it a couple days ago and loaded it onto my iTunes no problem. It comes as a zip file, but again I downloaded it A-OK a couple days ago.

http://www.godofwar.com/ucmdev/groups/public/documents/webasset/g3_blood_and_metal.zip
http://www.godofwar.com/ucmdev/groups/public/documents/webasset/g3_trilogy_soundtrack.zip

One of the files is titled 'Blood and Metal', which is a GoW-inspired album, and the other is the entire trilogy. It looks to me like these were the same soundtracks included with the God of War III: Ultimate Edition package, so this must be a snafu of some kind. Enjoy!

Last edited by a moderator:
I just copied and pasted from the RFD that worked for me earlier, but it looks like it wasn't too hard for you folks to do it yourself ;)

edit: seems odd that my links are identical to what neospike listed, and yet mine work and his do not.

[quote name='game_fanatic']edit: seems odd that my links are identical to what neospike listed, and yet mine work and his do not.[/QUOTE]

The links that you posted, do not show the full path of the file. When copying and pasting links, you need to select 'Copy Link Location' instead of just the 'Copy' option. ;)

Downloading now, thanks! I have a GoW song that was available ovr PSN, so maybe this is a legitimate act on Sony's part?

Nice avatar, neospike. Le Tigre Giant :lol:

[quote name='neospike']The links that you posted, do not show the full path of the file. When copying and pasting links, you need to select 'Copy Link Location' instead of just the 'Copy' option. ;)[/QUOTE]

Ahh gotcha, now I know :)

[quote name='Princess Zelda']Thanks game_fanatic,
One step closer to have the content of the collectors edition :p[/QUOTE]The funny thing is that the soundtrack is what interested me the least.

Do people actually listen to this on their phone/mp3 players? I liked the music while I played the games but I can't imagine listening to it while I'm doing something else instead of listening to my regular music. I'm just curious.

Link seems broken...

EDIT:

Both links broken, and only thing I saw was some wallpapers. Too bad. I wanted to go on a Kratos style killing spree, now Im going to have to listen to the soundtrack to Hanna Montana and just kill myself instead. You win Jack Thompson.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Fuzzy']Do people actually listen to this on their phone/mp3 players? I liked the music while I played the games but I can't imagine listening to it while I'm doing something else instead of listening to my regular music. I'm just curious.[/QUOTE]

Out of the 3,600 + songs I have, 85% is video game music/trailer music. Mainstream music sucks.

If you want video game music this is the best site for it.

http://forums.ffshrine.org/forumdisplay.php?f=72

And THIS Sony, is why you put the soundtrack on a freak'n CD. So there is SOME incentive, some TANGIBLE reason to order the CE.

If you'd sprung for a really nice CD with a booklet, hell maybe even a Plus Size Super Jewel Case,
plus_size.png

it would seem, you know COLLECTIBLE.

In my case, it was only the soundtrack that interested me, but I'm not about to pay for a download of MP3s--especially when you can download it direct.

DIRECT FROM THEM!!

Oh Sony, you're crazy. :cry:

Thanks for the post OP! I am 1/2 to downloading them now and looking forward to enjoying some nice GoW music! Maybe this will inspire me to buy GoW3...(After it gets down to $40 or so..).

Thanks!

[quote name='cdrober']Thanks for the post OP! I am 1/2 to downloading them now and looking forward to enjoying some nice GoW music! Maybe this will inspire me to buy GoW3...(After it gets down to $40 or so..).

Thanks![/QUOTE]

Even Sexual Harassment Panda would want you to buy this game! :lol:

nice, downloading now. I already have the first GoW soundtrack (PS2); code on the back of instruction booklet. But this is really nice having the other two!

Thanks, OP! And link providers!

Meh, you can easily just download the soundtracks off torrents. I think the main perks of the UE are the documentary, extra skin and extra challenges, and box and hardcover art book, all of which there is no way to pirate. The UE is still a ripoff though.

bread's done
Back