GodHand for $22.99 @ Outpost.com

thx op -- i'm just not convinced god hand is that good -- esp. with capcom killing clover and that this game comes out at 29.99 retail says to me that even capcom realizes it's got serious problems...

i feel like it'll drop to 19.99 awfully quickly -- similar to final fight ...

Seriously this game is tons of fun for beat em up fans. Or fans of tough action games (like Devil May Cry, Contra, and Ninja Gaiden).

[quote name='redgopher']A game's price does not necessarily denote quality. You should be ashamed of yourself.

This is a buy or die title.[/QUOTE]

No need to get feisty ... ;-)

I never said it always does -- some (key word, some) companies do start with retail prices lower than avg. on games that get critically destroyed. Namco's beatdown is a prime example.

By all means GH looks fun -- I'm just saying there might be a deeper explanation for capcom's 29.99 starting pricepoint.

I picked it up at Fry's last night. It's totally cheesy (in a good way), has some camera issues, but is a lot of fun. Totally worth ~30 bucks if you like old school brawlers.

[quote name='TehTriggerman']IGN ripped this game a new one But I never trust their reviews anyway..:roll: Feedback on the board was positive.[/QUOTE]

EGM gave it 6 ~ 6.5 and Game Informer gave it a 6, so it's not just IGN. Gamespot liked it, though.

This baby'll be $15 by Thanksgiving.

[quote name='trq']EGM gave it 6 ~ 6.5 and Game Informer gave it a 6, so it's not just IGN. Gamespot liked it, though.

This baby'll be $15 by Thanksgiving.[/QUOTE]
Even the viewtiful joe didnt drop this fast. if people want a better idea of what the game is like, check out this video of someone playing through the first stage.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MyfbtSyX3mc

[quote name='romeogbs19']No need to get feisty ... ;-)

I never said it always does -- some (key word, some) companies do start with retail prices lower than avg. on games that get critically destroyed. Namco's beatdown is a prime example.

By all means GH looks fun -- I'm just saying there might be a deeper explanation for capcom's 29.99 starting pricepoint.[/QUOTE]

Maybe because it's five weeks before the PS3?

you guys are a hoping for a drop on this but seriously think about that for a second... this game is already destined to be rare. reasons... clover is gone. capcom isn't really pushing this game. and the ps3 is about a month away. snag it up before it becomes one of those games no one played but everyone wants... and ends up paying 2 to 3 times as much as it retailed when it came out.

I was in Frys tonight. This game was $19.99 and they had at least 10 copies of it on the shelf. I skipped it for some movies instead.

I'll hold for the price drop, like I always do.

Also, Namco didn't make Beat Down. Capcom did. Namco made Urban Reign.

I liked both, but Beat Down was not a release candidate as far as games go, and UR had a piss-poor story mode that did everything it could to hide how cool the combat was.

Thanks op. I absolutely adored FF: Street wise and Beatdown, despite the poor reviews, so I'm looking forward to this one (as soon as I find some other stuff to order with it).

Every GS/EB in my area shows 0 copies and no more on the way. My store only got two copies, and one was my preorder. The game is totally awesome, but given that it only got a small run and has no hype, it's probably unlikely this will drop. It will most likely just completely disappear before it even has the chance to drop.

[quote name='SailorDaravon']Every GS/EB in my area shows 0 copies and no more on the way. My store only got two copies, and one was my preorder. The game is totally awesome, but given that it only got a small run and has no hype, it's probably unlikely this will drop. It will most likely just completely disappear before it even has the chance to drop.[/quote]

exactly.

The more I hear about this game the more I want it. It's like IGN's panning of it created such a huge backlash that now all I'm hearing is what an underrated masterpiece it is.

I'm really not sure if I should buy it now or hold off. Logic says to hold off as it will probably go down in price, but then again, it COULD get rare. But I remember a lot of people thought Killer 7 (an even weirder Capcom game) would become rare, but instead it's only gotten cheaper with age.

I might be willing to buy it if I could find it for under $25, but only Fry's has it on sale and that's too far away for me and CC doesn't carry the game, so I can't PM. Hopefully there will be some sales on it soon.

Yeah, honestly, I cannot break wind without finding a $10 copy of Killer7. If the time comes for Godhand to drop in price, it will drop in price.

SOMEONE ELSE WHO LIKED BEAT DOWN? INCONCEIVABLE!

EDIT: And if it isn't there, I just won't friggen buy it. In the videos I saw, I was bored by the end of the first level.

You can tell just from the response video that was posted that the game does get repetitive. I love the idea of a fighter that's supposed to be funny rather than serious, but I can't see myself playing this for any great length of time, and certainly not coming back to replay it ever again.

it's not repetitive, there are new surprises in each level. Plus, lots of new moves that you acquire. Plus, a dynamic difficulty setting that keeps you on your toes. Demons can randomly appear too.

And frankly, most higher profile games are much more repetitive

[quote name='Skexis']You can tell just from the response video that was posted that the game does get repetitive. I love the idea of a fighter that's supposed to be funny rather than serious, but I can't see myself playing this for any great length of time, and certainly not coming back to replay it ever again.[/quote]
There are hundreds of moves to earn and unlock, with countless combinations to be made. The enemies get progressively tougher and pull out more and more tricks to keep you on your toes, while the story is completely whacked out. It's about the least repetitive game ever made. It also manages to be challenging without being cheap. How many games can claim that?

It's well worth $30, or $25 I paid for it.

bread's done
Back