GoG.com Dungeons & Dragons Sale: 9 Games incl. P. Torment $30, or $4-$7 individually

PublikDefender

CAGiversary!
Good Old Games Dungeons and Dragons Sale
9 Games for $30 (65% off) when purchased as a bundle
http://www.gog.com/en/promo/hasbro_stacking_promo

Baldur's Gate: The Original Saga
Baldur's Gate 2 Complete
Neverwinter Nights Diamond Edition
Icewind Dale Complete
Icewind Dale 2 Complete
Dungeons & Dragons: Dragonshard
The Temple of Elemental Evil
Forgotten Realms: Demon Stone
Planescape: Torment

Or purchase games individually for $6.99 (30% off)

dndsale.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I had already posted this in the GOG deals thread, but this really is a meh deal. Unless you plan on buying all or almost all, it'd be better to wait for a straight 50% off weekend sale or 60% midweek promo if you want only a couple of games.

The comments on GOG echo my sentiment. We had hoped they stopped these kind of promos since all they really encourage one to do is spend more money on games they may not want just to maximize their savings.

Last edited by a moderator:
With absolutely no discount, it's still cheaper to get the Planescape/BG1+2/ID1+2/ToEE pack (Dungeons & Dragons Anthology) at Gamersgate today (not even factoring in the instore cashback and that some of us have a 15% discount).

Prefer the GOG versions? You're in luck. They're what's in the D&D Anthology at Gamersgate. ;)

I hope this doesn't mark a return to GOG's really poor sales that they were doing last year. Fingers crossed that this is just a one-off.

Thanks for pointing out the gamers gate pack. Will wait and think about picking that up at some point in time (I. E. Hopefully during a sale.)

These games are only fun for people that love amazing stories, lovable and complex characters, and fun and strategic combat. They are also only going to give a few hundred hours of play so I am not sure this is a good deal.

[quote name='galbyman']These games are only fun for people that love amazing stories, lovable and complex characters, and fun and strategic combat. They are also only going to give a few hundred hours of play so I am not sure this is a good deal.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I prefer my games to have generic stories, one dimensional characters, and repetitive and non-challenging combat. I also like them to be very short because I have a short attention span. This deal sucks!

[quote name='sunghost']Yeah, I prefer my games to have generic stories, one dimensional characters, and repetitive and non-challenging combat. I also like them to be very short because I have a short attention span. This deal sucks![/QUOTE]

Hahaha! I actually have multiple copies of most of these games as they are great games.

[quote name='sunghost']Yeah, I prefer my games to have generic stories, one dimensional characters, and repetitive and non-challenging combat. I also like them to be very short because I have a short attention span. This deal sucks![/QUOTE]

You forgot expensive!

[quote name='PenguinJim']

I hope this doesn't mark a return to GOG's really poor sales that they were doing last year. Fingers crossed that this is just a one-off.[/QUOTE]

They've always been stingy with sales on the Infinity Engine stuff. It's one of their most valuable/desirable products.

I would like too, but I can't justify having them when I got:
Baldurs Gate (dvd)
Icewind dale 2 (cd)
(both thrift store purchases)
D&D anthology (which is the GoG releases w/out bonuses)
Neverwinter (GoG)
DragonShard (GoG)
ToEE(GoG)

have they aged well? I've always been curious, and in the bunch, I've only played NWN. I LOVE good stories and characters when I game, but I'm not a big fan of reading, so I'm not really sure if these are for me. And checking out youtube videos, it's hard to tell how they play.

Since the whole pack is cheaper than buying them individually or less than the whole package, can you buy them as a gift and send them out individually?

Say I buy all 9 games and don't want Baldur's Gate, can I gift it? (like a 4-pack on Steam)

bread's done
Back