GOG.com Holiday Sale: Fallout 1&2 $10, Freespace $10, Descent $10

Serik

CAGiversary!
Good Old Games has a holiday sale until December 31. The following packages are discounted:

Fallout 1 and Fallout 2: $9.98

Descent 1, Descent 2, Descent 3 + Expansion: $9.98

Stonekeep and Lionheart: $9.98

Freespace 1 + Expansion and Freespace 2: $9.98

MDK and MDK2: $9.98

All games at GOG are DRM-free and work on XP/Vista.

I may just have to pick up MDK pack... good solid price.

Fallout is good, but the 2nd one is much better... you'll get alot of hours in either and 10 for both that work on XP and vista is a nice bonus.

Dang, those are some good deals, but I have almost all of them and some are on Gametap. Anybody else remember sending in their pic to Interplay for inclusion in the D3 game? Of course, did I even mess with it enough to find it, I can't remember. . .

MDK is awesome. MDK2, I don't like so much. The second was made by BioWare and not Shiny. MDK is also really short but action packed. Maybe 6 hours.

Stonekeep is a great old Interplay game nd I may have to replay it. However, I've never heard of Lionheart, and they say it is a BIOWARE game? Wha? How did I miss that?

[quote name='Sideswiper']Stonekeep is a great old Interplay game nd I may have to replay it. However, I've never heard of Lionheart, and they say it is a BIOWARE game? Wha? How did I miss that?[/quote]
Uh no. It's a Black Isle game. No where near as good as many of their others though.

Does GOG use a frontend and emulation to get the games to work in Vista? Is it possible to run them in a window? I'm very tempted re: descent, freespace, and fallout, but with a 1920x1200 screen they'll look terrible unless I can run them in a window.

[quote name='Arkay Firestar']Does GOG use a frontend and emulation to get the games to work in Vista? Is it possible to run them in a window? I'm very tempted re: descent, freespace, and fallout, but with a 1920x1200 screen they'll look terrible unless I can run them in a window.[/quote]

Some links of interest:

A high resolution patch for Fallout 1

GOG Forums: Fallout games in a windowed mode

GOG Forums: HOWTO Play Fallout in a window

Based on experience, it's a real pain in the ass to get old games to run in windows on Windows :/ So much so that I've resorted to using WINE in Ubuntu for certain games.

EDIT: Been reading lots of posts by folks using D3D Windower to get Fallout and other old games to run in a window. Might want to give that program a try.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='evanft']How'd they get the Fallout games to work? I tried to get Fallout 2 to install in Vista 64 and it wouldn't.[/QUOTE]

???

They use DOSBox.

I have Vista 64 and the Fallout 2 I bought from GOG.com works fine on my system.

[quote name='Serik']If they're using DOSBox, Fallout 1 and 2 should automatically be windowed, correct?[/QUOTE]

Mine defaulted to full screen.

bread's done
Back