GOG Deals Thread

I can't get Neverwinter Nights 1 Diamond to run correctly on my AMD GPU system, it seemed to work on my Nvidia rig but I was turned off by the whole situation and didn't continue.

Flash Gem Promo:
Active Gaming Media Promo... (What does that even MEAN?  Gamers and Active are an oxymoron... we are pale, fat guys, in our mothers basements)  

Anyway...  77% off.  
La Mulana
Asterbreed
Mitsurguri Kamui Hakai (really??  how do you even say that??)
Unholy Heights...  

You know what this means, don't you simpsonps?

You're now the official deal poster on this thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
Flash Gem Promo:
Active Gaming Media Promo... (What does that even MEAN? Gamers and Active are an oxymoron... we are pale, fat guys, in our mothers basements)

Anyway... 77% off.
La Mulana
Asterbreed
Mitsurguri Kamui Hakai (really?? how do you even say that??)
Unholy Heights...
Here's your golf clap GOG for a wonderful (Winter/Fall/Flash) sale:

golf-clap-o.gif

End - uh oh....  where is the delete button.

RC - made me laugh outloud...  that is a lot of jiggling going on....  Almost made mom come down to the basement to see what I was doing.  

Which Divinity? I've played GOG's version of Divine Divinity on both Mac OS 10.6 and Windows 7, and haven't had a problem on either platform. I think the only GOG game I've had significant trouble with, myself (not to say there aren't a few identified problems out there), is Temple of Elemental Evil, and that's just because the game was released in such a horrendously broken state it's a wonder it runs at all, even after GOG's patches and the community patch.
the original one. I was doing it on a windows 8 machine, dunno if that matters. Maybe i should try it on win 7. Thanks for the heads up on Temple though, i was thinking of buying that because it looked intersting. Is that a mess on steam too?

I can't get Neverwinter Nights 1 Diamond to run correctly on my AMD GPU system, it seemed to work on my Nvidia rig but I was turned off by the whole situation and didn't continue.
thats odd. Well luckily i have nvidia on most of my machines heh

the original one. I was doing it on a windows 8 machine, dunno if that matters. Maybe i should try it on win 7. Thanks for the heads up on Temple though, i was thinking of buying that because it looked intersting. Is that a mess on steam too?
From what I understand, whether ToEE runs properly really varies from machine to machine. If you're really interested, try it; if it doesn't work, you can always contact GOG within 30 days of purchase for a refund.

What happened to me, for reference, was that it kept CTDing and eating my saves. I was using the latest GOG version with the community patch (you can google for that).

And I didn't even know it was on Steam, but for a mess of broken coding like ToEE, I kinda doubt it'd be any better there.

Free (albeit crappy looking) game on gog, though it is the first game from Garriot, hence the second deal:
http://www.gog.com/game/akalabeth_world_of_doom

also 80% of ultima series
http://www.gog.com/promo/special_promo_ultima_series_241214
I... I've actually wanted Akalabeth for a while now, just to see what it was like, so this is awesome for me. I mean, I doubt it's actually playable in this day and age, but I looked it up a few months ago and was curious.

It's Garriot's first game, and supposedly, in some ways, the precursor to Ultima.

I... I've actually wanted Akalabeth for a while now, just to see what it was like, so this is awesome for me. I mean, I doubt it's actually playable in this day and age, but I looked it up a few months ago and was curious.

It's Garriot's first game, and supposedly, in some ways, the precursor to Ultima.
Yea, I was uninterested, until I saw the name. Akalabeth is borrowed from Tolkien, and so's the Balrog in it that you fight. Akallabeth is also known as Numenor, the land of the ancestors of Aragorn and descendants of Elrond's brother. Yes, Aragorn and Arwen are related. /geek

Yea, I was uninterested, until I saw the name. Akalabeth is borrowed from Tolkien, and so's the Balrog in it that you fight. Akallabeth is also known as Numenor, the land of the ancestors of Aragorn and descendants of Elrond's brother. Yes, Aragorn and Arwen are related. /geek
There are people who don't already know this?

Weekend deal

Interplay catalog 50% off

Can't be bothered to list the games. Count yourself lucky that MysterD reminded me that this thread even existed.

Don't get me wrong. There are some good games there. It's just that it's a crappy discount.

The obvious truth just struck me...

The reason MysterD doesn't post in the GOG thread is that there's no DRM to rant about there.
I think I don't post here super-much b/c GOG games don't have sales normally anywhere as good nor as great as what we normally see for Steam-versions.

Let's face it: despite my DRM-FREE preferring ways - for me to be a true CAG, I have to go for the best deals. The deals often ain't as great here on GOG.

And Steam-versions for sale are immensely more so on sale on Bundle sites (Groupees, BundleStars, HumbleBundle, etc). Not often do those sites sell GOG-version keys.

EDIT:

Also, when Steam is the only-DRM is used in their version - it just ain't as ridiculous and as nasty as other DRM's. I don't mind it. And I do like many of Steam-version's built-in features, as well.

MysterD has the third highest post count in this thread. He is eclipsed only by myself and (inexplicably) talkinrock.

I gotta admit, that kinda surprised me. He does post a good deal during the gimmick sales (insomnia and such) so I guess he just piled up most his posts then.

MysterD has the third highest post count in this thread. He is eclipsed only by myself and (inexplicably) talkinrock.

I gotta admit, that kinda surprised me. He does post a good deal during the gimmick sales (insomnia and such) so I guess he just piled up most his posts then.
Probably, yeah.

When they do their Insomnia deals, those often have some of their best pricing discounts.

How does talkinrock being up there surprise you? He used to be virtually every other post here when he was active.

How does talkinrock being up there surprise you? He used to be virtually every other post here when he was active.
I think it's his wording - I think he's surprised by my very own post count being so high in this thread.

Usually, I very heavily post in the Steam Thread.

I am shocked this got bumped back to the front page... I thought it would embarrass gog to bump them for the interplay sale...
I think The End got us going again w/ posting about the (weak) Interplay "deal."

And I also think DRM discussions that were going on in Steam Thread and other things led to posts in this thread happening a tiny bit here again.

Weekly Staff Picks:

3D Realms' 2D Platformers - 60% off individually or 80% if you buy them all

Games Involved in this promo:

• Duke Nukem 1 + 2 bundle pack
  • Crystal Caves
  • Cosmo's Cosmic Adventure
  • Hocus Pocus
  • Secret Agent
  • Realms of Chaos

Buy All Of The Games Listed Above = $7.14 $35.94 (80% off)

(Figures out to $1.19 each if you take them all)

$2.39 each at only 60% off discount, if you just buy some of them individually (but you do not buy all of them)

Regular price for each on GOG = $5.99

Not going to lie I am picking up those Apogee games. I had a few from sales already. They're pretty fun although extremely old school. 

[quote name="Drabelincoln" post="12391194" timestamp="1420591512"]OH BOY what kind of extras do you get with the DRM-FREE version??? JPEGS??!!????[/quote]
Dude, you can't do HD with that pesky DRM interfering! Have you ever seen a pixel in HD?!? It's incredible!

[quote name="Drabelincoln" post="12391342" timestamp="1420594359"]If only it was 75% off[/quote]
You don't think DRM-free is FREE, do you? It costs cash money to remove it. That's why they can't give you the full 75%.DRM removal tax and shit

bread's done
Back