GOG Deals Thread

Tell GOG to do a gogconnect with the Dungeon Siege games, MysterD.
Oh, you know I would love for that to happen!

Though, for $3 and the entire collection here (well, minus the DS1+2 expansions officially) - that still really ain't much money at all.

Especially if performance has improved, renderer has been fixed, less hassle out-the-box, and it also being DRM-FREE.

Also looks like some are having issues w/ DS3: DLC not working on GOG version:

https://www.gog.com/forum/dungeon_siege_series/dlc_dungeon_siege_iii_doesnt_work

EDIT:

You know, I'd also like a GOG Connect on Deus Ex series, too.

Especially since GOG version of MD doesn't have Denuvo.

I wish they'd remove Denuvo from the Steam-version of MD.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey all, haven't followed gog much in the last year or so and I am looking to pick up a copy of Torchlight II for LAN coop play. Does it go on sale much and what is the typical pricing?

Hey all, haven't followed gog much in the last year or so and I am looking to pick up a copy of Torchlight II for LAN coop play. Does it go on sale much and what is the typical pricing?
According to Isthereanydeal.com, it last went on sale about 6 weeks ago. Looks like the typical sale price is $9.99 [US].

GOG will be doing their summer sale pretty soon. Probably in a couple of weeks. I'd guess that'll be the next time it goes on sale.

According to Isthereanydeal.com, it last went on sale about 6 weeks ago. Looks like the typical sale price is $9.99 [US].

GOG will be doing their summer sale pretty soon. Probably in a couple of weeks. I'd guess that'll be the next time it goes on sale.
Thanks for the info and the link!

Does anyone have recommendations for local coop games? Preferably Mac compatible options.

Oh, I thought the Humbles usually included DRM free versions, too. Or maybe that changed in recent years.
It seems that the Humble Indie Bundle no longer requires that devs/publishers offer a DRM-Free copy of their game in order to take part in the bundle. About half of the bundle (Including all of the highest tier) didn't have DRM-Free copies.

Beat Cop did include the DRM-Free copy though. And it was in the lowest tier. So in theory, if one only wanted the DRM-Free version, they could have had it for as little as a penny.

I penny'd into that bundle but there's no DRM-free Beat Cop on my purchase page. I think it's been the case for awhile that you need to pay $1 to get any of the content, not just Steam keys. IIRC DRM-free copies in HBs are not as common as they used to be anyway.

Thanks for NOTHIGN, Hamble! :bomb: :bomb: :bomb: :bomb: :bomb:

Oh, I thought the Humbles usually included DRM free versions, too. Or maybe that changed in recent years.
I don’t know for sure. I bought a PS4 bundle there and can’t remember buying anything else. I still like to look. It’s where I saw the game though.

If I were to make a prediction DRM and proprietary software will become worse.

Some don’t mind. I try to avoid.

I penny'd into that bundle but there's no DRM-free Beat Cop on my purchase page. I think it's been the case for awhile that you need to pay $1 to get any of the content, not just Steam keys. IIRC DRM-free copies in HBs are not as common as they used to be anyway.

To be fair, Hamble had compromised their original values (Steam + DRM-Free copies, PWYW, and availability on all three major OSes) years before IGN bought them, even in the core HIBs. It’s just been a long, steady decline in integrity since then.

Beat Cop is offering me a DRM-FREE version for me on HB.

I did $1 in on that bundle, BTW.

It's kind of weird I've gotten to the point where I don't really use GOG as much anymore even for their newer older games. They don't seem to put the care into restoring a decently working condition for games anymore and the newer ones seem to have issues, or horrible prices like the Blizzard stuff. I have a few more adventure games to get eventually, but I'm pretty full up on them. 

Life Is Strange (original season) and Life Is Strange: Before the Storm have joined GOG and its DRM-FREE Party:

https://www.gog.com/news/release_life_is_strange_and_life_is_strange_before_the_storm

Life Is Strange: Complete Season = $3.99

Life Is Strange: Before The Storm - Deluxe = $4.96

(LIS: BTS Standard Edition; Extra Episode "Farewell"; Outfit Pack; and Mixtape Mode)

Life Is Strange: Before the Storm - Standard (base-game only) = $3.39

Life Is Strange: Before the Storm - Upgrade to Deluxe Edition (from Standard Ed) = $2.99

(requires ownership of BTS Standard Edition)

(This is the way to get "Farewell" episode, Outfit Pack, and Mixtape Mode extras)

EDIT:

GOG keeps bringing the classics and hits from Square.

Supreme Commander series is now on GOG:

https://www.gog.com/news/the_story_of_supreme_commander_and_how_chris_taylor_redefined_realtime_strategy_games

Supreme Commander: Gold = $3.99

[includes Supreme Comander (base-game) & Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance (expansion)]

Supreme Commander 2 (base-game) = $3.24

Supreme Commander 2: Infinite War Battle Pack (DLC) = $1.24

Last Chance deals on some games.

Some games are exiting the Summer Sale tomorrow back to full price, not on the end-day of the big sale (June 15th):

https://www.gog.com/news/last_chance_these_great_summer_sale_deals_will_expire_soon

Note-able titles leaving this sale early:

• Dishonored 1
  • Dishonored 2
  • The Evil Within 1
  • The Evil Within 2
  • Elder Scrolls series
  • Quake series
  • Doom series
  • Prey 2017 & Mooncrash DLC
  • Wolfenstein series
  • Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth
  • Double Dragon Trilogy
  • Some DotEmu titles
  • Some Arcade Crew titles
The full list of those leaving the Summer Sale early:

https://www.gog.com/promo/2020_summer_sale_last_chance

Doesn't seem like there's been any GOG Connect releases in a while.  Would be nice of Bethesda offered so I can actually play the Prey I bought on Steam without Denuvo.

Clearly the Supraland dev is hurting for money in general given its presence in the latest Humble Monthly. I guess this is just part of cutting costs, though how expensive could keeping another storefront updated be? At least the Steam version is DRM-free.
He is right that DRM-free purists are a minority but only because it's a niche of another (arguable) niche and most DRM for games these days is simply Steam.
While there may be few DRM-free purists however, the amount of people who hate certain types of DRM is a much bigger number (see: Denuvo).

While there may be few DRM-free purists however, the amount of people who hate certain types of DRM is a much bigger number (see: Denuvo).
Yea, I think this is a bigger deal to a bigger minority than GOG. Steam version with no other DRM is still infinitely better than a rootkit.

Doesn't seem like there's been any GOG Connect releases in a while. Would be nice of Bethesda offered so I can actually play the Prey I bought on Steam without Denuvo.
Unfortunately, nope. Dev's and/or pub's probably want that double-dip $.

But, yeah - I'd love any game w/ DRM on Steam (CEG, Denuvo, G4WL, any other junk) to be GOG-Connected.

But, of course, that GOG-Connect also probably cuts in GOG's low sales and profit anyways. IIRC, they made like a few grand in 2018.

Let's hope Cyberpunk 2077 does well; it probably will.

GOG stands for Good Old Games.

Hint to developers:. Put your games on GOG when the development life cycle ends.

Personality, I like GOG. I have 200+ games and I don't mind waiting for games.

I have like 350 games on GOG but pretty much never buy anything new on it. Unless it's stuff that has LAN co-op, like Divinity Original Sin, so I don't have to buy two copies to do a LAN multiplayer. And I don't feel too guilty since I also have those on PS4.

GOG abandoned the 'Good Old Games' moniker a while ago and stopped using it in their marketing.  It's sort of how like KFC is just KFC and not Kentucky Fried Chicken because what they are selling IS NOT CHICKEN... OMG!!!

GOG abandoned the 'Good Old Games' moniker a while ago and stopped using it in their marketing. It's sort of how like KFC is just KFC and not Kentucky Fried Chicken because what they are selling IS NOT CHICKEN... OMG!!!
Certainly doesn't seem to be their focus. Developers can choose when to release though.

If they limited themselves to just the old games, there wouldn't be all that much left to release on GOG. They pretty much already have most of the classics there. I can count on one hand the number of old games that aren't on GOG that I'd like to see there.

There's tons of things not on there, and some that were added relatively recently.

• Some old Sierra games aren't on there, like Mixed Up Mother Goose.
  • None of the old Lord of the Ring games are on there, likely licensing issues.
  • The Discworld games.
  • Stuff like Halloween Harry / Alien Carnage (may be considered abandonware though).
  • MechCommander games (may be abandonware, but obviously everything in it is trademarked).
  • Tyrian 2000 (freeware nowadays, I think) Free on GOG
  • Ascendancy (ported to iOS).
  • Spectre Challenger
  • Pirates! (Gold Plus is on there, I guess)
  • SimEarth/SimFarm/SimAnt/Etc
  • Prince of Persia (I think 1 is on there, I haven't checked). Edit: Nope.
  • Oregon Trail
Stuff like Sierra's Laura Bow were added relatively recently.

This is just thinking through my childhood, not even specifically looking at any list.

Disclaimer: I didn't check if any of those were actually on GOG. Edit: Went back and checked.

• Ascendancy (ported to iOS).
This one made me a sad panda. I loved ascendancy back in the day, and immediately bought the ios port. But then it got pulled from the store in 2011 never to be seen again. So of course I no longer have it after all these years

Looking at my gog list of votes for what to bring:

black and white

dune/2/emperor

lotr BMFE games

freelancer

The whole mechwarrior series

star trek elite force

star trek armada 1/2

There are some edutainment games not on there I wouldn’t mind seeing for nostalgia’s sake, particularly the Super Solvers series, the Munchers series, and Odell Lake because I have hazy memories of playing it along with Number Munchers and Oregon Trail on my second grade classroom’s ancient Apple II. I’ll echo the old Sim games, as well. Aside from the ones already mentioned, I’d love to have SimTower and OG SimCity. There was actually a sequel to SimTower that Maxis never licensed from the developer called The Tower II that I’ve wanted for ages, as well.

Also missing from GOG:

• SimGolf
  • Diablo II
  • WarCraft 3
  • Starlancer
  • Command & Conquer series
  • Need for Speed series (1,2,3,High Stakes,Porsche Unleashed,Underground, Underground 2, etc etc)
  • Madden series, NHL series, NBA Live series.
  • NOLF series & Contract JACK
  • GTA 1,2,London
  • Resident Evil 1,2,3 (old version)
  • Metal Gear Solid 1 + VR; Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance.
  • Ultimate MK3 and MK Trilogy
  • Heavy Gear 1 & 2

The Myth series would be really nice as well, M2SB is still easily my favorite RTS. And while we're speaking of pre-Microsoft Bungie, I don't care for FPS myself, but the Marathon series is another notable missing IP.

Good luck on NOLF/Contract Jack. If I remember right those games are a digital rights nightmare.
Yep.

Kotaku Article on the NOLF nightmare - https://kotaku.com/the-sad-story-behind-a-dead-pc-game-that-cant-come-back-1688358811

I also suspect NFS games, Madden games, NHL games, NBA Live, and any games w/ licenses galore - yep, those will also be a nightmare too. License issues are going to be crazy w/ those. Too many licenses too acquire - especially w/ Players Associations, Leagues, and licensed music (i.e. EA Tracks) - when these games are old and often sell cheap...so yeah, don't expect things not to make a profit to sell or be sold; especially by EA.

Also missing from GOG:

• SimGolf
  • Diablo II
  • WarCraft 3
  • Starlancer
  • Command & Conquer series
  • Need for Speed series (1,2,3,High Stakes,Porsche Unleashed,Underground, Underground 2, etc etc)
  • Madden series, NHL series, NBA Live series.
  • NOLF series & Contract JACK
  • GTA 1,2,London
  • Resident Evil 1,2,3 (old version)
  • Metal Gear Solid 1 + VR; Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance.
  • Ultimate MK3 and MK Trilogy
  • Heavy Gear 1 & 2
Blizzard still sales and supports Diablo 2

I think they have Warcraft 3 as well but I don't play it so can't confirm. I think they support all their old stuff except Diablo 1 (which I think they have a link to purchase on gog). Not sure why they only chose to have Diablo 1 on gog or even why they didn't just do it themselves?

bread's done
Back