GOG Deals Thread

Thanks for posting the sale info, Bosamba!

In for LBA2 (owned the first as a kid but never played the sequel). Snagged the first Simon game as well.

[quote name='Mooby']Argh, missed Darkstone. I need to pay more attention to these threads.[/QUOTE]
Might help if Mooby didn't have me on "ignore". :roll:

I loved 7th Guest and 11th Hour back when they were released. Has anyone played the Journeyman games? I'm definately getting LBP2

[quote name='mombbsmj']I loved 7th Guest and 11th Hour back when they were released. Has anyone played the Journeyman games? I'm definately getting LBP2[/QUOTE]

The Journeyman Project games are fantastic. There is some nice history in the game as you visit different civilizations and eras, and you have a helpful sidekick with a wonderful sense of humor.

If you like puzzle solving and exploration, the JP games are a must at $3 each.

Time Commando $2.39

GOG Gem Promo: Time Commando

Time Commando, a critically acclaimed action-adventure game with puzzle elements, will take you on a ride across the ages with a 60% discount for the next 24 hours.

A combat training simulation gone very, very bad. A mysterious virus breaking loose and creating a time-space vortex that threatens the existence of the universe. A stout-hearted S.A.V.E (Special Action for Virus Elimination) operative on a solitary mission through time. A game so full of action and adventure, that it needs nine unique stages to contain all of it. In Time Commando you will visit the prehistoric era, Roman empire, feudal Japan, medieval era, time of the conquistadors, wild west, world war period, and the future, each with characteristic enemies, and weapons you’ll need to collect to defeat them. And if you manage to conquer the timeline there’s one more realm, existing outside the known universe, you’ll still need to visit to face the culprit of all this chaos.

Time Commando is an action-focused title in which you control a 3D character in a set of pre-rendered environments presented from static viewpoints (much like in the classic Alone in the Dark games). The armory at your disposal is vast and varied, but the ammunition can be scarce at times. At times! It's funny because you're a time commando.

Take the nearest dimensional vortex and stop the Predator Virus from annihilating the space-time continuum in Time Commando for only $2.39 until Thursday, August 2 at 10:59 AM GMT.

This offer ends on Tuesday, August 7 at 03:59 AM GMT.

http://www.gog.com/en/promo/topware_weekend_promo/
SEPTERRA CORE: LEGACY OF THE CREATOR
$2.99
TWO WORLDS
$4.99
ENCLAVE
$2.99
EARTH 2140 TRILOGY
$2.99
EARTH 2150 TRILOGY
$2.99
EARTH 2160
$2.99
JAGGED ALLIANCE 2: WILDFIRE
$2.99
DREAM PINBALL 3D
$2.99
JACK ORLANDO: A CINEMATIC ADVENTURE (DC)
$2.99
GORKY 17
$2.99
KNIGHTS AND MERCHANTS: THE PEASANTS REBELLION
$2.99

Promo Details:
Today, 11 Tremendous Titles from TopWare have their prices reduced by 50%. If you like real-time strategies, epic RPGs, squad-based tactical games, medieval fantasy brawlers, and noir adventures, you will definitely find something interesting in this week’s Weekend Promo. Lasers, rockets, swords, and revolvers await! This offer ends on Tuesday, August 7 at 03:59 AM GMT.

Earth 2160 is the final and most visually impressive part of the sci-fi strategy Earth series. Four campaigns for four different factions, customizable mechs, high-quality audio-visual setting, and really interesting storyline are the features that make Earth 2160 stand out from the crowd of real-time strategies. If you are a fan of Total Annihilation or Battle Isle, you will definitely enjoy Earth 2160 for $2.99, or the previous installments in the series: Earth 2140 trilogy and Earth 2150 trilogy, both for only $2.99.

Enclave is a real treat for connoisseurs of hacking hundreds of hobgoblins and slashing swarms of skeletons. This dynamic action-adventure sends you to a medieval fantasy world where you can decide to protect the Enclave in the name of LIght or try to destroy the world aided by the forces of Dark. Moody music, graphics that continue to impress, some puzzles, and tons of hardcore action is enough value to justify the $5.99 price tag, but for $2.99 it’s a real bargain.

Jagged Alliance 2: Wildfire, is a squad-based tactical game with RPG elements that puts you in command of an elite mercenary unit. Your covert mission: to eliminate a corrupt and powerful drug cartel. You will have to adopt some guerilla warfare tactics to succeed. But be warned: Wildfire is the most challenging title in the entire Jagged Alliance series. The easiest part will be to purchase it for only $2.99, this weekend on GOG.com.

That’s not all, because you can get Knights and Merchants, Dream Pinball 3D, Two Worlds, Septerra Core: Legacy of the Creator, Jack Orlando: A Cinematic Adventure, or Gorky 17 a.k.a. Odium, all for $2.99 each, only this weekend on GOG.com.

The Ball $8.99 (10% off) until Tuesday, August 14 at 09:00 AM GMT.

The Ball, a first person perspective puzzle/exploration game that combines Unreal with Arkanoid, is now available on GOG.com 10% off for limited time. The incredibly low price of $8.99 will last until Tuesday, August 14 at 09:00 AM GMT.

What is the Ball? The mysterious artifact uncovered in ancient ruins holds many secrets. Is it a repository of knowledge? A round treasure chest filled with gold and diamonds? A vessel of some mystical power? Whatever it is, it rolls like a dream. And when it gathers momentum, nothing can stand in its way. So, whether it is the hard drive of the gods or the ultimate doomsday device, you’re going to use it as your bowling ball and hurl it against the monstrous denizens that stand between you and your escape from the underworld.

The Ball sports beautiful Unreal™ Engine 3 graphics and delivers both physics-based puzzles and gory, monster-crushing action. You will explore eight huge levels of an ancient underground city and fend off furious foes in four survival arenas. But first, you’ll need to master the Ball itself and learn how to control its movement.

The Ball, with all of its power and its many secrets, can be yours for only $8.99 for the next 7 days.

[quote name='Bosamba']

Anamoly Warzone Earth's sale lasts until 9 August 2012 at 10:59 GMT.[/QUOTE]Hmm . Why did they post two dates for the same offer ?

[quote name='ne_zavarj']Hmm . Why did they post two dates for the same offer ?[/QUOTE]

The last date was more than likely a typo. GOG is know for having those on their website.

Weekend deal :

Special Summer Selection

Includes:

Cossacks Anthology
Heroes of Annihilated Empires
American Conquest + Fight Back
Worms United
Superfrog
Alien Breed + Tower Assault
World Rally Fever: Born on the Road

Freedom Force vs. The Third Reich $2.39 (60% off)
Sale price valid until Thursday, August 16 at 10:59 AM GMT.

GOG Gem Promo: Freedom Force vs. The Third Reich

What are you waiting for? Get super-heroic 60% off!

Freedom Force vs. the 3rd Reich, a real-time tactical RPG that pits a pack of quirky superheroes against the Nazi supersoldiers, is discounted by 60% on GOG.com for the next 24 hours.

Minuteman can jump like an overpowered cricket and deflect bullets with his psychic force field while smashing the enemies with his powerful punches. Tombstone is the master of electricity and a ghost-whisperer. Quetzalcoatl embodies an ancient vengeful Aztec deity. Bullet can move so fast, that many people believe he can be in several places at a time. Those are only few of many superhuman operatives known as the Freedom Force. Their new, somewhat unexpected mission: to go back in time and stop the nazis from winning the World War II. A task that would've been much easier if the Third Reich didn't have its own supersoldiers.

Freedom Force vs. the 3rd Reich combines RPG character management and development with real-time tactics and stylish comicbook-like graphics. It offers many cleverly designed missions which call for skillful use of your characters' unique super-abilities. Also, if the original cast of heroes doesn't meet your expectation, you can always create one yourself, giving him or her a unique look, and a set of powers. Finally, make sure to check out the story-driven multiplayer scenarios when you finish the single player campaign.

Zip up your costumes, iron your capes, and get ready to kick some Nazi butts in Freedom Force vs. the 3rd Reich for only $2.39 until Thursday, August 16 at 10:59 AM GMT.

Gah, I've been sick and out of it recently and have not been good at updating the OP. I'll try to update it soon, but in the meantime I'm going to wikify it.

If anyone wants to help out, much appreciated. Otherwise, no big deal, I'll try to get to it soon.

http://www.gog.com/en/promo/fps_weekend?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_content=game_subject&utm_campaign=fps_weekend

fps_01.jpg

fps_02.jpg

fps_03.jpg

fps_04.jpg

fps_05.jpg

Thanks for updating the OP Bosamba. I'm seriously not on the ball right now (and dealing with computer problems, whee). Updated the topic title.

It's too bad Steam just sold the complete Unreal series for what... $9.99? Kinda kills the sale on those games. I've definitely gotta browse these titles though... any recommendations anyone?

[quote name='Idiotekque']Thanks for updating the OP Bosamba. I'm seriously not on the ball right now (and dealing with computer problems, whee). Updated the topic title.

It's too bad Steam just sold the complete Unreal series for what... $9.99? Kinda kills the sale on those games. I've definitely gotta browse these titles though... any recommendations anyone?[/QUOTE]

I spent $4.99 at Steam for a non working version of Vampre Masquerades: The Bloodline. Sure the price was great, but since I can't get it to run on my computer, it was a waste of money.

The first Unreal is looking good. I wish I would have played XIII when it came out for Xbox years ago, I might give it a go. I'm guessing I might pick up those two since I can buy the Far Cry's for my Xbox 360.

[quote name='Bosamba']

The first Unreal is looking good..[/QUOTE]

Awesome awesome game. There's a lifetime's worth of free custom content available for it too.

[quote name='Bosamba']I spent $4.99 at Steam for a non working version of Vampre Masquerades: The Bloodline. Sure the price was great, but since I can't get it to run on my computer, it was a waste of money.

The first Unreal is looking good. I wish I would have played XIII when it came out for Xbox years ago, I might give it a go. I'm guessing I might pick up those two since I can buy the Far Cry's for my Xbox 360.[/QUOTE]
Oh gosh, you really can't get it to work? Have you asked around on the Steam forums to figure out what the problem is? I bought that one from GameFly for $5 during their Summer Sale and I've had no issues with it.

[quote name='kendog1331']Can anyone recommend XIII? It looks cool and I'm on the fence[/QUOTE]
If you're on the fence, you could probably do with or without it. I played the demo on the PS2, and while it wasn't bad at all, it just didn't make me want to keep playing it.

I'm not a diehard FPS guy though, so that may just be a personal feeling.

Thanks for the update (especially for the new releases). Updated the OP and added ArmA II to the sale section.

That a good price for Roller Coaster Tycoon. I got it for that price from Amazon (I haven't seen it any lower) and it's definitely a fun little game that I wish I put more time into. Note that the platinum edition comes with expansions to make both zoos and waterpark attractions in your theme park as well, so it really adds a lot of content. Just be sure to take the time to go through the tutorials, even if they're a bit long and numerous!

Most of the negative reviews on GOG are people saying "it's too expensive", so don't let the 3-ish star rating discourage you. If you're a fan of the genre, RCT 3 is one of the best.

Quick ?'s. I have never used GOG, how does it compare to Steam? Once I purchase do I always need to be connected online to play?

Wife has been begging to replay these games, and I haven't seen it any lower. Pretty good price considering it includes all expansions.

There's no online connection or drm at all. You can either download the .exe files directly from their website, or use the GOG downloading client which just allows downloading but isn't an actual client for logging into anything or registering.

Yup, Thrakker got it. GOG is my favorite DRM free retailer. Everything is download, install, done. No need for the internet, nothing. It couldn't be more simple. All the old games are tweaked to play just fine on new machines too, which is something that can't be said for most other digital retailers.

And as for the price on RCT 3, I haven't seen it any cheaper than this either. I think Amazon had it for 50 cents cheaper, but that's it.

This sale will be available until 30 August 2012 at 10:59 AM GMT.

Ultimate Ultima Collection $17.94 when buying all games at once (50% off) -or- $4.19 (30% off) when buying individually.

Promo Details
Ultimate Ultima Collection

Celebrate the Complete Collection of Ultima games on GOG.com!

We’ve got all of the Ultima games on GOG.com, and you can save up to 50% off all Ultima titles as part of our celebration of completing this iconic series.

Ultima: the name rings through the halls of PC gaming history. Source of some of the most innovative concepts in computer RPGs, and one of the best-selling RPG series ever made, it’s home to a vast variety of tense combats, difficult moral tests, and vivid characters. Anyone who’s played through the hundreds of hours of gameplay that the whole series spans has tons of fond memories: the challenges of living up to the morality of a noble champion for the first time in Ultima IV; realizing that day and night actually meant something in a game in Ultima VI, or even playing through a true 3d world in Ultima Underworld

But wait! There's more! Just to add a little more awesomeness to our ultimate cRPG series, we've prepared--with no small help from the GOG.com community--some new bonus goodies. Ultima 3 receives a spellbook for the cleric class. Ultima 6 gets an audio interview with his brittanic lordship, Richard Garriot himself. Owners of Ultima 7 can now access some game design documents, a Serpent Isle colored map and a cluebook. We didn't forget about the Pagan in the family--Ultima 8 gets a set of documents regarding the design of the Lost Vale. Even the 3D spin-off of the series gets new bonus content: quick reference cards for both Ultima Underworld games. So if you already own those games, be sure to check their cards today. If not--hurry up and grab them up to 50% off!

Bottom line: whether you’re looking to just pick up your favorite Ultima game (maybe you haven’t gotten around to it yet) or you’ve been holding out because we haven’t released your favorite one yet, now’s the best time to pick the Ultima games! You can experience the entirety of one of the best RPG series ever made--one that still influences games released today--for under $21.

Choose, Avatar, and choose wisely: will you tread the path of Honor, or will Brittania perish? You are being summoned to the Ultimate Ultima Promo page!

Pretty uncommon for GOG to rehash a sale. They had all the Ultima games on sale a month or two ago, but I don't think there was a bundle deal.

Unfortunately there's a lot of negative feedback about the Ultimas after 7. I already cherry picked the last sale and grabbed Underworld 1+2 and 7. I haven't touched 7 yet, but the Underworld titles are very good.

This sale ends Tuesday 28 August 2012 at 03:59 AM GMT.

http://www.gog.com/en/promo/indie_weekend_mix/

TINY AND BIG: GRANDPA'S LEFTOVERS $4.99
LEGEND OF GRIMROCK $7.49
DARWINIA $4.99
SPACECHEM $4.99
TORCHLIGHT $7.49
GENEFORGE 1-5 $7.49

Promo Details
Indies Invade GOG.com this weekend!

Legend of Grimrock, Tiny and Big, Spacechem, and other indie titles 50% off

After a good share of classics, and an AAA title already released the week, Indies Invade! this weekend on GOG.com, with a special 50% discount for maximum impact! Their plan is to confuse you with their puzzling space-chemistry, reforge your genes, send hordes of stick-figure people to colonize your home, slice you to pieces with a laser, and--if you somehow manage to survive all this--entrap you in a moldy, old-school dungeon. No, make that two dungeons. A preemptive strike might still save us, so here's some intelligence on the invaders:

Let's start with the one that is most likely to keep you up long in the night. Legend of Grimrock reaches to the roots of the dungeon crawler genre to deliver an experience that you longed for all these years after finishing Eye of The Beholder and Dungeon Master games. Create a party of unfortunate souls tossed into the grim depths of the Grimrock dungeon, and find out just how much truth is there in the legends saying that one simply cannot escape from it. In this classic, first person perspective RPG, drawing a well-documented map on a pad of paper is just as essential for your survival as swords, sorcery, and a keen eye to spot secret buttons.

Tiny and Big: Grandpa's Leftovers is--by any definition--a different game. A physics based puzzler with comic-book aesthetics, monolithic otherworldly landscape, and odd sense of humor, it really stands out from the invading squadron of indies. As Tiny, the protagonist of the game, you will use advanced rocket science, precise laser surgery, and--the all time favorite--a grappling hook, all to get you through the puzzle-packed wasteland. At the end of this (literal and metaphoric) sandbox awaits your arch-enemy, the notorious bully Big, whom Tiny must defeat to reclaim what's rightfully his. Wouldn't you go through all that trouble to reclaim a pair of heirloom undies? Sure you would.

Torchlight is distilled clicky-clicky looty-looty goodness, wrapped up in an awesome package of great graphics and charming visuals that make this one of the best action RPGs to grace the GOG catalog. If murdering an entire dungeon of monsters and looting their cooling corpses for the best weapons you can find is wrong, well, we don’t want to be right, because this is a huge pile of fun for a very small stack of cash. With Torchight 2 due to come out soon, this is one of your last chances to pick the original smash hit up before the sequel sucks you and hijacks your brain and clicking fingers!

All these as well as Darwinia, Spacechem, and Geneforge 1 - 5 are in our Indies Invade! promo this weekend, and don’t forget that you can also pick up all of the Ultima games from GOG.com at 50% off this weekend as well.

[quote name='Idiotekque']Pretty uncommon for GOG to rehash a sale. They had all the Ultima games on sale a month or two ago, but I don't think there was a bundle deal.

Unfortunately there's a lot of negative feedback about the Ultimas after 7. I already cherry picked the last sale and grabbed Underworld 1+2 and 7. I haven't touched 7 yet, but the Underworld titles are very good.[/QUOTE]

As for what I've heard about 8 and up (I haven't played it of course so take this with a grain of salt), I sadly have to agree. I believe they rushed 8 badly to keep stockholders happy and made a game that has more bugs and is just smaller as a whole.

As for the Underworlds, I've been looking for a sale on them for a few months so I must have missed it. How much was it off then if anyone remembers - 50%?

[quote name='rockykai']As for what I've heard about 8 and up (I haven't played it of course so take this with a grain of salt), I sadly have to agree. I believe they rushed 8 badly to keep stockholders happy and made a game that has more bugs and is just smaller as a whole.

As for the Underworlds, I've been looking for a sale on them for a few months so I must have missed it. How much was it off then if anyone remembers - 50%?[/QUOTE]
The last sale was 50% off as well, that's when I grabbed them. The biggest sale you'll see on GOG is pretty much 60% tops anyways. They don't do 66%, 75%, 80% sales like Steam does, because their base prices are usually lower in the first place.

Weekend Promo - Strategy Sweep
On sale 50% off until Tuesday 2nd September 2012 at 03:59 AM GMT.

http://www.gog.com/en/promo/strategy_weekend/

TOTAL ANNIHILATION: COMMANDER PACK $2.99
TOTAL ANNIHILATION: KINGDOMS + EXPANSION $2.99
AGE OF WONDERS $2.99
AGE OF WONDERS 2: THE WIZARD'S THRONE $4.99
AGE OF WONDERS: SHADOW MAGIC $4.99
MASTER OF MAGIC $2.99
PHARAOH + CLEOPATRA $4.99
ZEUS + POSEIDON (ACROPOLIS) $4.99
WARLORDS BATTLECRY 3 $4.99
CAPITALISM 2 $4.99

New Release:
Prices valid until Thursday, September 6 at 10:59 AM GMT.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Back to the Future: The Game $7.49

Sam & Max: The Devil’s Playhouse $17.49

Wallace & Gromit’s Grand Adventures $9.99

Get all three Telltale Launch Games for $23.97
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mutant Mudds $7.99

Pre-release:
Inquisitor $11.99
Release date 9/5/2012.

King's Bounty: The Legend $3.99 (60% off)

Price valid until Thursday, September 6 at 10:59 AM GMT.

Promo Details:
GOG Gem Promo: King's Bounty

Become the champion of strength & sorcery

King's Bounty: The Legend, the turn-based strategy-RPG mix set in a beautiful high-fantasy land, is discounted by 60% on GOG.com for the next 24 hours!

In the fantastic realm of Endoria a freshly-knighted nobleman swore an oath to his king, thus taking on the mantle of the Royal Bounty Hunter. Little did he know of the numerous adventures that the destiny had in store for him. There were great battles to be fought, lands to be conquered, armies to be led to glory, villainous tyrants to be overthrown, and beautiful ladies to be courted. But even the greatest things have small beginnings. Assigned with a small squad of recruits, the youngster was set free into the land to seek out bandits and monsters to slay, treasures and magical artifacts to claim, and princesses to save. And so, a lifetime of glory and valor began for our gallant hero.

King's Bounty: The Legend plays a lot like a Heroes of Might & Magic game. But calling it a simple clone would be unjust. Saying that it's a "genetically enhanced clone"--as one of our users called it--would be much more fair. The gameplay is full of unique ideas and the high-fantasy setting of the game has a very distinctive feel to it. With countless hours of gameplay, innumerable tasks to complete, giant world to explore, and a great variety of enemies to defeat, this gem of a strategic-RPG truly deserves your attention.

Shiny up your armor, saddle your white horse, and set off towards your next fantastic adventure in King's Bounty: The Legend, for only $3.99 until Thursday, September 6 at 10:59 AM GMT.

Huh... Looks like the offer already expired. We hit that one late, eh?

I haven't really been getting any GOG newsletters lately. The sales are getting sparse, c'mon GOG!

[quote name='Idiotekque']Huh... Looks like the offer already expired. We hit that one late, eh?

I haven't really been getting any GOG newsletters lately. The sales are getting sparse, c'mon GOG![/QUOTE]

They have promos every Wednesday and every weekend.

[quote name='inm8num2']They have promos every Wednesday and every weekend.[/QUOTE]
Usually they send out newsletters though about once a week... Maybe I'm just not paying attention. :whistle2:#

[quote name='radioactivez0r']I updated the OP with this weekend's deals, but couldn't see how to update the title - is that owner only?[/QUOTE]
Seems like that's the case. Title updated, thanks for adding the deals!

[quote name='Idiotekque']Seems like that's the case. Title updated, thanks for adding the deals![/QUOTE]

Idiotekque, I have to admit I am surprised that someone as evil and horrible as you actually runs a helpful thread here on CAG! (This is a joke by the way!)

Might check out some of these point and clickers. Thanks.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Idiotekque, I have to admit I am surprised that someone as evil and horrible as you actually runs a helpful thread here on CAG! (This is a joke by the way!)[/QUOTE]
Oh, you know me. I'm full of surprises.

bread's done
Back