GOG Deals Thread

[quote name='sunghost']The Belated Halloween bundle is especially good. Gabriel Knight 1-3 + Phantasmagoria 1+2 for $8.45[/QUOTE]

Oh shit, BOUGHT.

Also, the Jumping Indie bundle has some definite goodness with La Mulana and Mutant Mudds.

I already grabbed the Sierra bundle. May get Cyberpunk and Indie RPGs, but now I've got plenty of great adventure gaming goodness to tide me over for a long while.

[quote name='11440']A quarter of GOG's catalog is 75% off today? Time to go crazy.[/QUOTE]

You may want to read the fine print on that. It's mostly bundles that are 75% off.

Does anyone know if the Myst games get deep discounts during Steam's big sales? 50% off isn't bad, but I'm thinking 75% would be better for my backlog.

[quote name='warreni']You may want to read the fine print on that. It's mostly bundles that are 75% off.[/QUOTE]

Yup, and in every bundle I have at least one or two games. One bundle that doesn't do the silly 75%/50% is the Telltale one, so you can pick whichever games you want (probably getting Back To The Future since it's the only one I don't have).

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='seamoss']Yup, and in every bundle I have at least one or two games. One bundle that doesn't do the silly 75%/25% is the Telltale one, so you can pick whichever games you want (probably getting Back To The Future since it's the only one I don't have).[/QUOTE]

Unless you're a big fan of the franchise you might want to steer clear of that, actually. I love the JP movies (mostly the first one, but the third one was okay) so I bit on that during a previous Steam sale even though it got some pretty poor reviews. The Back to the Future games weren't exactly well-received either.

[quote name='walkonshadows']WTH, wasn't there a banner at the top that said new deals until Jan 5th?[/QUOTE]

I think it is Jan 3 actually, and I'm pretty sure this is just a one-day thing and tomorrow it will go back to normal. They're actually repeating some of the earlier bundles in it, and for all I know the other ones on sale will be the dailies from here on out...which would be weird.

A couple of the indie ones - Jumpin Indie and Indie Action - look pretty good to me.

Well I went to buy Inquisitor but then realized it's only 75% off if you also own ever single other game in that RPG pack from GOG. Lame.

Yeah, I'll pass.

Inquisitor really needs to get in a Greenlight bundle or something.

[quote name='warreni']Unless you're a big fan of the franchise you might want to steer clear of that, actually. I love the JP movies (mostly the first one, but the third one was okay) so I bit on that during a previous Steam sale even though it got some pretty poor reviews. The Back to the Future games weren't exactly well-received either.[/QUOTE]

I for one really liked the Back to the Future game. It wasn't meant to be LucasArts hard, just entertaining. My only issue really was with the game engine, as it's always been kind of chunky. Otherwise, I liked the story and definitely the voice acting (especially Marty). Worth it for $5 (I bought it for $20 originally).

Why can't I pick and choose and not be relegated to bundle. Bundle prices are good. Out of bundle not so good. :\ I'd pick up quite a few games at bundle prices. However, this way I won't be picking up anything at all.

[quote name='seamoss']Yup, and in every bundle I have at least one or two games. One bundle that doesn't do the silly 75%/50% is the Telltale one, so you can pick whichever games you want (probably getting Back To The Future since it's the only one I don't have).[/QUOTE]

If you already have a game on GOG, you get the 75% discount for buying the rest of the games in the bundle.

[quote name='sleeping_lights_on']Why can't I pick and choose and not be relegated to bundle. Bundle prices are good. Out of bundle not so good. :\ I'd pick up quite a few games at bundle prices. However, this way I won't be picking up anything at all.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I went there all excited but came out all Hopes Deleted.

I actually have all the other games in that RPG bundle besides the Texas one but I don't have them on GOG so I am sure not buying them again.

I mean if they did buy two or three or so of any of their games on sale maybe I could come up with something but not this way.

[quote name='Motoki']Yeah I went there all excited but came out all Hopes Deleted.

I actually have all the other games in that RPG bundle besides the Texas one but I don't have them on GOG so I am sure not buying them again.

I mean if they did buy two or three or so of any of their games on sale maybe I could come up with something but not this way.[/QUOTE]

That I could live with. Buy a minimum of 5 titles from long-sale-list and get them for 75% off. The GoG BAB.

Buy 10 and get 80% off, the GoG BaB Limited Edition, a.k.a. GoG BaB-LE. =)

[quote name='Neuro5i5']Does anyone know if the Myst games get deep discounts during Steam's big sales? 50% off isn't bad, but I'm thinking 75% would be better for my backlog.[/QUOTE]

Ya, I would count on it. I bought them all on a recent Steam deal. I remember getting all the "available on Steam" Myst games for under $10 or $15.

If you want one or two games out of a bundle, you can always ask around to see if someone else has the games/bought the bundle. That way they can buy and gift you the game you want for bundle price.

Picked up the Bullfrog bundle earlier (already had a couple of those), only getting the Belated Halloween one now. I would have spent more if individual titles were 75% off, not bundles.

[quote name='awesometown']Picked up the Bullfrog bundle earlier (already had a couple of those), only getting the Belated Halloween one now. I would have spent more if individual titles were 75% off, not bundles.[/QUOTE]

Why oh why don't they have Hi-Octane yet? Every time I see the Bullfrog bundle I get disappointed.

[quote name='walkonshadows']WTH, wasn't there a banner at the top that said new deals until Jan 5th?[/QUOTE]

I noticed that, too. What's up with that?

Also, I thought Tomb Raider 1+2+3 was supposed to be an expiring Square-Enix deal, ending today, but it's still $4.99. Good for me because I get paid tonight, but there isn't even an expiration time above the price anymore.

All I know is that I'm loading up my shopping cart this evening an then spending the rest of my holiday sorting them all on my virtual GOG shelf :D

[quote name='NeoGutsman']I noticed that, too. What's up with that?

Also, I thought Tomb Raider 1+2+3 was supposed to be an expiring Square-Enix deal, ending today, but it's still $4.99. Good for me because I get paid tonight, but there isn't even an expiration time above the price anymore.

All I know is that I'm loading up my shopping cart this evening an then spending the rest of my holiday sorting them all on my virtual GOG shelf :D[/QUOTE]

They made a mistake. The Square Enix deals end tomorrow at 10 am EST.

[quote name='sunghost']They made a mistake. The Square Enix deals end tomorrow at 10 am EST.[/QUOTE]

Thanks! I was worried I'd miss it. I played Tomb Raider 1 on my Playstation years ago (I even preordered it) and was so absorbed by every bit of it. Running along the feet of the underground Sphinx and looking up was truly awesome, as were just about all of the puzzles. Not a perfect game, but still one of my favorites. Here's hoping I can get it to work nicely with my Xbox 360 controller...

Anyone know if the PC port of the Tomb Raider games is any better or worse than just emulating them and toying with filtering effects and whatnot through ePSXe? I've got all of them on the Playstation and I'd just rip them, but...

[quote name='Idiotekque']Anyone know if the PC port of the Tomb Raider games is any better or worse than just emulating them and toying with filtering effects and whatnot through ePSXe? I've got all of them on the Playstation and I'd just rip them, but...[/QUOTE]

You mean the old old old ancient ones from when you were in diapers?

They were pretty much released concurrently on the PC with the console games and I seem to recall (and this was a long ass time ago mind you) that they ran fine on DOS. Yes DOS. Remember that? You probably don't, but it was a thing and it had text on a black screen.

Anyway, it should be okay. I don't remember people screaming 'consolized!' every 5 minutes back then like they do now.

Of course there were like 12 people on the internet then too so that may account for that.

I don't know that you'd get anything extra out of having them for the PC vs the PSX emulator but it shouldn't be worse. The PC version isn't native windows those so you're essentially running it on an emulator anyway, just for DOS.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, the difference is that you can force resolutions/add graphics filters through an emulator (check out what PCSX2 can do for PS2 games; it's breathtaking). If the PC is a really clean, updated port, then that may be the better option.

And my first system was the NES, and my first PC was DOS (had a Commodore 64 too). I'm young, not that young.

Another point for some would be, the emulated version would have controller support. I doubt the old DOS versions do.

I tried playing TRA *motion sickness*.

Actually, with the use of DOSBOX's keymapper, you can map keyboard strokes to your game pad of choice, which is what I've done. One advantage the PC versions have is that some of them have level expansions, official as well as fan made. So definitely look into those if you're into that.

Very true. I've keymapped plenty of times for well, anything with Logitech Profiler, but keymapping doesn't give analog control. (I play a lot of games where analog matters, like racing games. It's a little hangup of mine.)

[quote name='Bartman3010']Actually, with the use of DOSBOX's keymapper, you can map keyboard strokes to your game pad of choice, which is what I've done. One advantage the PC versions have is that some of them have level expansions, official as well as fan made. So definitely look into those if you're into that.[/QUOTE]

I have vague recollections of a 'nude patch'. Or am I hallucinating?

[quote name='Motoki']I have vague recollections of a 'nude patch'. Or am I hallucinating?[/QUOTE]
It exists. It's absolutely awful, but it exists.

There no annoucement yet, but the EA games are getting their missing expanison packs added. Alpha Centauri has Crossfire up, and I guess Wing Commander has it's expansion up now too.

[quote name='Rirse']There no annoucement yet, but the EA games are getting their missing expanison packs added. Alpha Centauri has Crossfire up, and I guess Wing Commander has it's expansion up now too.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I saw that too. The Bullfrog games are still missing theirs though.

[quote name='dark_inchworm']If it had been posted maybe a week later, I would've bought the hell out of the Sierra bundle. Too bad about my broke ass I guess. haha[/QUOTE]

How fortunate am I to have my far-fetched dream of a sale reprisal come true (albeit a little early) and to have received the Sierra bundle as a gift. :D I love GOG.

I'll echo the sentiment that a flat 75% off discount would be great, but damn, if my money pile was any bigger I'd be knocking it right out on this day of the sale. I'd probably buy... all of the bundles. Every damned one.

Forgive me if this has been whined about already, this is a 31 page thread... but does anyone else have a 404 error on EVERY EFFING CLICK they do on GOG?! I can't go anywhere there or look at anything without their stupid "Oh noes" redirect slapping me in the face. I have to hit back with every intended destination. It's more than obnoxious.

Does anyone think the Might & Magic bundle will be cheaper at some point?

[quote name='BWS1982']Forgive me if this has been whined about already, this is a 31 page thread... but does anyone else have a 404 error on EVERY EFFING CLICK they do on GOG?! I can't go anywhere there or look at anything without their stupid "Oh noes" redirect slapping me in the face. I have to hit back with every intended destination. It's more than obnoxious.[/QUOTE]

I get that from GMG from time to time, usually when they create a new sales page and don't link it to the front page items. From GOG...no, everything seems to be fine for me.

[quote name='Idiotekque']If you want one or two games out of a bundle, you can always ask around to see if someone else has the games/bought the bundle. That way they can buy and gift you the game you want for bundle price.[/QUOTE]

I can buy the bundle, keep part of the games, and gift the other part? I thought it was buy the whole bundle for self or gift the whole bundle.

[quote name='n64ra']I can buy the bundle, keep part of the games, and gift the other part? I thought it was buy the whole bundle for self or gift the whole bundle.[/QUOTE]

Given that you get the total price reduced for the games in the bundle that you already own, I really doubt you can gift individual games out of a bundle. That would be sweet though since you could get group buys going (which I doubt is something GOG wants to happen).

What Idiotekque was trying to say is that you can get someone to gift you individual games for 75% off if they own the entire bundle.

Example: If I own the entire Daedalic Adventures bundle, I can buy individual games as a gift at 75% off.

[quote name='sunghost']What Idiotekque was trying to say is that you can get someone to gift you individual games for 75% off if they own the entire bundle.

Example: If I own the entire Daedalic Adventures bundle, I can buy individual games as a gift at 75% off.[/QUOTE]

Oh, thats awesome. Does anyone have Daedalic? I really only want Deponia.

So far I've bough the Bullfrog and Santa Snapped bundles, Medal of Honor, Shadow Warrior, King of Dragon Pass, Riddick, Duke Nukem 1+2, and Dangerous Dave. I think I'm done, unless I do decided to get the Ultima and City Builder bundles when they go on sale again.

[quote name='bshirk']Does anyone think the Might & Magic bundle will be cheaper at some point?[/QUOTE]

Unless they do another bundle similar to the PWYW Interplay bundle from a few weeks back, no, I don't think it'll be any cheaper. Games drop to 50% off constantly on GOG, but 75% off rarely.

[quote name='sunghost']What Idiotekque was trying to say is that you can get someone to gift you individual games for 75% off if they own the entire bundle.

Example: If I own the entire Daedalic Adventures bundle, I can buy individual games as a gift at 75% off.[/QUOTE]

Well, if this is true, if Ultima 7-8 or RollerCoaster Tycoon (1) are a part of a bundle, could anyone gift me those? I'll pay through paypal. Just send me a message.

[quote name='asheskitty']Games drop to 60% regularly.[/QUOTE]

I'd say with varying frequency, though it was common in the weekend sales leading up to the holiday sales.

[quote name='dark_inchworm']I'd say with varying frequency, though it was common in the weekend sales leading up to the holiday sales.[/QUOTE]

Regularly 60% off on weekend sales throughout the year.

bread's done
Back