GOG Deals Thread

[quote name='asheskitty']Regularly 60% off on weekend sales throughout the year.[/QUOTE]

GOG just recently started doing a lot of the 60% off weekend sales most were usually only 50% off. They really started the 60% off after they had the surveys back in September.

Does anyone have the full Might and Magic bundle that's currently up that is willing to sell me a couple of the items from the bundle for the 75% off?

Will pay in paypal in advance + have some extra steam codes if you're interested in any of them

Please PM if you're interested although i'll be returning from work later this evening

Honestly, I wish they'd end the winter sale early so that we can get back to the regular weekend/gem promos. All of the daily deals toward the end of the sale will be repeats, we've seen them all. The repeats are only good for people that missed out on the past dailies.

[quote name='sunghost']Honestly, I wish they'd end the winter sale early so that we can get back to the regular weekend/gem promos. All of the daily deals toward the end of the sale will be repeats, we've seen them all. The repeats are only good for people that missed out on the past dailies.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the end of the world promo they did was a mistake. It revealed all of the deals so they're just recycled now. :cry:

So is 60% the most that single games will be discounted during the weekend promos? Looking to pick up Might and Magic 8, Lands of Lore 1+2 and maybe a few others. If 60% is the best discount then I'll grab them while they're 50% off.

IMPORTANT UPDATE

XIII (the game) will be removed from the store in two days for licensing reasons, so if you want it, grab it right now.

[quote name='Kitsune Sniper']IMPORTANT UPDATE

XIII (the game) will be removed from the store in two days for licensing reasons, so if you want it, grab it right now.[/QUOTE]

Oh, how I loved played The Bouncer on PS2...

GoG recently added the crossfire expansion to Alpha Centauri (Civ in space). When buying old games, I want the whole kit and kaboodle.

[quote name='Severose']Yeah, the end of the world promo they did was a mistake. It revealed all of the deals so they're just recycled now. :cry:[/QUOTE]

There's still room for the Fiscal Cliff Freefall Sale ^_~

[quote name='Kitsune Sniper']IMPORTANT UPDATE

XIII (the game) will be removed from the store in two days for licensing reasons, so if you want it, grab it right now.[/QUOTE]

I'd picked up XIII for PS2 for $0.90 cents a few years back but never played it. Do you know if the PC version offers much over the PS2 version (e.g. higher rez) that would warrant re-buying it?

[quote name='asheskitty']I'd picked up XIII for PS2 for $0.90 cents a few years back but never played it. Do you know if the PC version offers much over the PS2 version (e.g. higher rez) that would warrant re-buying it?[/QUOTE]
A higher resolution and potentially less slowdowns. I bought the PS2 version ages ago and couldn't stand the frame rate... I think I gave it away because of that.

It also includes a digital version of this soundtrack if that's your thing.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']I got The Bouncer during the great Circuit City sale of '05. Played it, beat it, then traded it it in. It was a short game.[/QUOTE]
The Bouncer was one of the first PS2 games I picked up in 2006.

I've only played it once. >_>;;

[quote name='Kitsune Sniper']A higher resolution and potentially less slowdowns. I bought the PS2 version ages ago and couldn't stand the frame rate... I think I gave it away because of that.

It also includes a digital version of this soundtrack if that's your thing.[/QUOTE]

Thanks! I might fire up the ye olde PS2 version to take a quick poke. Those extras are always gravy, but rarely anything I'd shell out extra for.

I should have bought that pack that included Carmageddon....such a fun game...hope it comes back. Otherwise it will just be Anachronox for me.

[quote name='nitrosmob']I should have bought that pack that included Carmageddon....such a fun game...hope it comes back. Otherwise it will just be Anachronox for me.[/QUOTE]

If you kickstarted Carmageddon Reincarnation check your emails, they gave out Camageddon on GoG to backers.

[quote name='asheskitty']Thanks! I might fire up the ye olde PS2 version to take a quick poke. Those extras are always gravy, but rarely anything I'd shell out extra for.[/QUOTE]
Ahem.

[quote name='Rerujnoc']GOG just recently started doing a lot of the 60% off weekend sales most were usually only 50% off. They really started the 60% off after they had the surveys back in September.[/QUOTE]

Yay, someone backed me up! Yay, I noticed almost an entire week later. Haha.

I was contemplating XIII at $2.99, but after seeing the takedown notice today, I figured I'd jump on that and the Might & Magic bundle. So I've pulled in all that, the Ultima bundle, and the Bullfrog bundle from this sale. Great haul!

Depending on how the next paycheck looks, maybe I'll pick up LBA2, Normality, Feeble Files, and a few others before the deals expire. I really wish I hadn't missed the D&D bundle...

[quote name='basis']what's the lowest To The Moon's been? does anyone have any idea?[/QUOTE]
Was in a GOG build a bundle (5 games for $10), and in an Indie Royale for $4-$6.

[quote name='Idiotekque']Was in a GOG build a bundle (5 games for $10), and in an Indie Royale for $4-$6.[/QUOTE]

thank you. perhaps will wait for it again.

Is there anyone who owns all the games in the current 75% special (Blackwell Bundles, Resonance, Botanicula, Gemini Rue, Machinarium, To the Moon, Stacking) and would be willing to purchase a Blackwell Bundle for me as a gift? I can do PayPal or Amazon GC. PM me if you can help out!

[quote name='Neuro5i5']Belated Halloween - $8.45

• Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers
  • Gabriel Knight 2: The Beast Within
  • Gabriel Knight 3: Blood of the Sacred, Blood of the Damned
  • Phantasmagoria
  • Phantasmagoria 2
[/QUOTE]
I bought all of dese games solely because of a Let's Play I watched. I have a problem. :lol:

Weird, for some reason, Fraps is loading it's overlay on the GOG page (in Chrome)....

...and I'm only getting 30 FPS on the GOG page, sure 45+ in BL2 and Skyrim but only 30 on GOG. >.>

[quote name='asheskitty']Weird, for some reason, Fraps is loading it's overlay on the GOG page (in Chrome)....

...and I'm only getting 30 FPS on the GOG page, sure 45+ in BL2 and Skyrim but only 30 on GOG. >.>[/QUOTE]
Happens now and then for various reasons. Usually because something is animated.

Santa in Space - 15.41

• Moonbase Commander
  • Fragile Alliance
  • Nexus: The Jupiter Incident
  • Star Control 1+2
  • Star Control 3
  • Master of Orion 1+2
  • Haegemonia Gold Edition
  • Independence War Deluxe
  • Independence War 2: Edge of Chaos

Anyone else notice the red "You own part of this bundle. Complete it for $$$$" banner overlaid on top of the latest sale banner. I swear they've had bundles that I owned 1 or 2 games in, and I've never seen this before today. Right now it's giving me this because I own Haegemonia Gold Edition:

URL]

[quote name='walkonshadows']Anyone else notice the red "You own part of this bundle. Complete it for $$$$" banner overlaid on top of the latest sale banner. I swear they've had bundles that I owned 1 or 2 games in, and I've never seen this before today. Right now it's giving me this because I own Haegemonia Gold Edition:

URL]
[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it's been there since day 1. =P

I'm glad I took a peek in this thread today. I didn't know about them removing XIII from the catalog. It's one of those games I've always wanted to try, but kept putting off buying thinking it would be a part of a bundle or something. I'm sure I'll get my $3 worth. I just hope they feature information like this more prominently on their main page next time (unless I'm not seeing it on their main page right now).

[quote name='BMXJouster']I'm glad I took a peek in this thread today. I didn't know about them removing XIII from the catalog. It's one of those games I've always wanted to try, but kept putting off buying thinking it would be a part of a bundle or something. I'm sure I'll get my $3 worth. I just hope they feature information like this more prominently on their main page next time (unless I'm not seeing it on their main page right now).[/QUOTE]
A lot of us complained about them not making a news post... but they did mention it on Twitter, which is how I found out. :\

Okay on the off chance that someone owns the whole Indie RPG pack, and I'm sure there's like 6 people on the planet that actually own The Real Texas, I would be happy to Paypal (or I guess Amazon Payments or whatever your choice is) you $3.74 for Inquisitor.

Or I can trade you something of equal value. Even 4 copies of Renegade Ops from the Gamersgate 'sale' yesterday since I have an unfinished order in for that. :p

GOG Dammit! Would it kill them to make a racing game pack or something?

Does anyone already have Deponia and is looking to pick up the Daedelic bundle? Im looking to pick it up at 75% off.

[quote name='n64ra']is tomorrow (jan 2) the last day to buy everything on sale or does "until jan 3" mean there is a jan 3 deal as well?[/QUOTE]

Looks like it ends on the 3rd in the morning.

So you've got (according to their counter) until around 9AM EST or 6AM PST on Jan 3rd before it ends.

I'm glad I checked in. That Dungeons and Dragons bundle is filled with games I've always wanted to play but have never owned. Between that and the Sierra bundle I'm pretty happy with their deals this year.

I wish I paid more attention to the Tomb Raider discount expiration date. I waited unnecessarily and missed out on it. I rather get them on GoG instead of Steam because I feel like I can trust GoG more with getting these old games compatible on modern systems.

Anyway, I snagged the City Builder special, Interstate 76, Theme Hospital, and Shadow Warrior. GoG is my go to for nostalgic Win95 (first PC) era games. Very happy with the haul :)

Had to grab a last minute Star Control 1+2 backup copy. I wish they'd go a little cheaper on games than 50% (a la carte), but the service is a good one and I'm happy with what I've got.

If anyone is somehow looking to unload the following for their bundle prices (75%) I would be interested in Medal of Honor and all the Heroes of Might & Magic games.

Well, the BG games are being remade. The first one's out, pretty good.
Planescape is great though.

I think I'm finally jumping on Witcher 2. All the extras make it hard to resist. Entirely possible it goes to $5 before I play it, but...

bread's done
Back