GOG Deals Thread

Picked up Medal of Honor Warchest and Silent Storm Gold for under $8. Already have Medal of Honor in the 10th Anniversary Collection I bought long ago, but I recall it being a pain to patch and the uninstall (wouldn't uninstall properly). The awesome deal for both games made it hard to pass up.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='mephistox3120']Picked up Medal of Honor Warchest and Silent Storm Gold for under $8. Already have Medal of Honor in the 10th Anniversary Collection I bought long ago, but I recall it being a pain to patch and the uninstall (wouldn't uninstall properly). The awesome deal for both games made it hard to pass up.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up on Silent Storm Gold Edition....I like that game and will happily pick it up!

I bought Alpha Centauri back in the 20th Century when it came out and could never get a handle on it once the tutorial ended. Even bought the strategy guide with no success. Since it's been updated to run on Win7 and OS X and includes the Alien Crossfire expansion, I dropped the $2.39 to get it again. We'll see how much better I do. I'm guessing "not much" - 4X games just don't click with me. Bother.

So, I guess there is a 50% off sale on the Ubisoft catalog this weekend.

I'm mostly posting this so I have a record of past sales that I can go back and check on at some point in the future.

[quote name='The End']So, I guess there is a 50% off sale on the Ubisoft catalog this weekend.

I'm mostly posting this so I have a record of past sales that I can go back and check on at some point in the future.[/QUOTE]Wish they would sell BG&E at a reasonable price.

Assorted First Person Shooters 50% off.

Games include:

You are not required to buy all the games to get the 50% discount. You can pick and choose.

Yes, clearly Riddick is the most appealing game in this lineup (if you don't already own it, that is). I really wish that I had pulled the trigger on it when it was 75% off during the Winter sale. It doesn't seem likely that it will hit 75% off again before Atari implodes in 5 weeks.

[quote name='spoderman']I'm glad I bought Riddick when it was 75% off ;)[/QUOTE]

I was hoping you'd say you bought it retail, then post a goofy looking picture of yourself holding it.

Ill probably buy it tonight when I'm drunk so that extra 3.75 doesn't sting as badly.

Blood is likely one of my favorite Build Engine games. Also shadow warrior is a fun one (got it in one of the other sales). I'm going for the catacomb abyss I loved the shareware back when I was a kid...hopefully it still holds up (I got the Dangerous Dave Pack a bit back...and dang those games didn't hold up too well almost beat the 2nd one....sometimes nostalgia hurts). Riddick was awesome back in the day too....should actually try to beat it now. Decent sale overall and I wish FPS could go back to these times.....when single player was where it was at with some multiplayer as well. Too many multiplayer focused ones nowadays (Also kind of suck at FPS though I used to be good at the old ones!). Sorry about the rant....I miss those games a bit....I hope the FPS revolution nowadays dies off....just don't enjoy them that much anymore.

There actually seems to be a fairly large catalog of Atari games on GOG. It wouldn't surprise me if they ended up doing a "buy em while you can" sale on GOG just before Atari implodes in July.

I didn't really want to risk it though, so I picked up Riddick right now. I figure if this does end up being the last time it's on sale and it disappears in July, I'd have to pay at least as much to get a copy for my 360. But if it does go on sale again...well, it's only $3.75. I'll make that up with some other deal somewhere down the line.

[quote name='The End']There actually seems to be a fairly large catalog of Atari games on GOG. It wouldn't surprise me if they ended up doing a "buy em while you can" sale on GOG just before Atari implodes in July.

I didn't really want to risk it though, so I picked up Riddick right now. I figure if this does end up being the last time it's on sale and it disappears in July, I'd have to pay at least as much to get a copy for my 360. But if it does go on sale again...well, it's only $3.75. I'll make that up with some other deal somewhere down the line.[/QUOTE]

You and I think the same way. I'll be picking it up after a few more go down

Man unreal tournament brings back memories. I loved facing worlds. Does anyone still play that game online? How can you tell if anyone still plays old games online? TIA

[quote name='Drabelincoln']Riddick is tempting with it being pulled from steam and Atari going under....[/QUOTE]
Holy crap, the game IS gone! >:|

I'm glad I already have it, but dammit Atari! This is like Ghostbusters all over again!

[quote name='Kitsune Sniper']Holy crap, the game IS gone! >:|

I'm glad I already have it, but dammit Atari! This is like Ghostbusters all over again![/QUOTE]

No need to panic. Riddick is here.

On STEAM. Atari has this annoying habit of removing games from Steam and keep them around at other sites (again, Ghostbusters).

I'm well aware that the game is on GOG. I'm a regular at the forum and one of the GOGWiki admins. :p

[quote name='spoderman']Why would you want it on Steam over GOG though? Steam version has TAGES :whistle2:([/QUOTE]
I -already- have the Steam version. :p

I just hate it when games get removed from the store for no reason.

[quote name='TctclMvPhase']Race Driver: GRID is 50% off normal price, or $7.49, for its debut week. As much as I like GOG, GMG has it for $3.74.[/QUOTE]

Not a great price, but it's nice to see it debut on GOG. I hope that means that it will be around for a while. After the TOCA 3 fiasco (getting pulled from GOG) I've been a unsettled toward the long term availability of Codemasters racing games. This was reinforced by Dirt 1 being quietly pulled from steam in the Fall. I really wish they would put games on a Last Chance Sale before they get pulled.

[quote name='smurfinaus']Steam and GMG are both Steam DRM

Gog's is DRM free. Important factor for many GOG fans.[/QUOTE]

...and unimportant for others. The GMG site clearly states it requires Steam. I fail to see the problem.

[quote name='Kitsune Sniper']Those others have their own threads. GIVE ME DRM FREE! GIVE ME FREEDOOOOOOOOOOOOM!

:p

The weekend deal is a ton of Activision games.

http://www.gog.com/promo/activision_weekend_promo_310513[/QUOTE]

When I saw the weekend deals I thought:

a. $2.99 for really old adventure game.
b. $.75 per game for not as old Sherlock Adventure games on Groupees.
c. $1 for pretty recent awesome adventure games on Humble Weekly.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']When I saw the weekend deals I thought:

a. $2.99 for really old adventure game.
b. $.75 per game for not as old Sherlock Adventure games on Groupees.
c. $1 for pretty recent awesome adventure games on Humble Weekly.[/QUOTE]

Those old adventure games hold a piece of my nostalgic heart though. I didn't know Spycraft was on gog. Loved that game....I have most of these games, and I can't wait to play them. I think it's easier playing old adventure games than many other games you can play from the past (esp action games and such). They just seem to age a bit better imho.

These 50% off sales suck. There have been like four 50% off sales in a row. It's stupid. Usually they do loads of 60% off sales and even 75% off now and then.

Nothing to see here, folks...

[quote name='Idiotekque']These 50% off sales suck. There have been like four 50% off sales in a row. It's stupid. Usually they do loads of 60% off sales and even 75% off now and then.

Nothing to see here, folks...[/QUOTE]

Yep... they need to make 60% sales at least.

That being said, my recommendations:

- If you have to choose one Gabriel Knight game, it's gonna be the first one, Sins of the Fathers. That game is one of the best "serious" adventure games I ever played. The Beast within is great too, I have the CDs somewhere, a LOT of CDs :)

- Police Quest? the first 4 were adventure games. Then came SWAT (I love SWAT 2). I would go with SWAT 3. That game is really amazing! The game is so real... you will play the levels many times trying to do it better

- Krondor. OMG, I own ANTARA and Return to Krondor in their original boxes. If you can stand the graphics (I don't find it bad, really, I like it), the Betrayal pack is the best. Betrayal at Krondor is a game you should play if you like RPG games, is very deep, the world is huge and the plot is fantastic. Antara is not a sequel, and is not on the same level, but I had fun with it. Return to Krondor is great too. I bought that game seconds after launch and will buy it again on GOG very soon to replay it.

- Caesar 3 vs Pharaoh vs Zeus. I only played Caesar 3, and can tell you is a really great game. I can pick it up today and I will still be amazed.

- Vampire the Maskerade: Redemption. Ok, is not Bloodlines, but is a great game, really hard, but great. You can't be wrong picking it. It's more action than RPG. And it's hard

- Quest for glory pack. Just get it.

I'm not talking about King's or Space Quest because I really can't understand the price on some packs on GOG. Space Quest, for it's price, should include the complete collection. The same with King's Quest (at least 1+2+3+4+5+6). With Quest for Glory they did it right... why not the others?? Also, I won't pay that price for Dark Reign. Is a great game, but there are better RTS at that price range. They should pack both games at that price

[quote name='Idiotekque']These 50% off sales suck. There have been like four 50% off sales in a row. It's stupid. Usually they do loads of 60% off sales and even 75% off now and then.

They're trying to make us forget they've had 60-75% off sales.. but it's not working.

There is a 50% off sale on various Activision adventure games this weekend. I'm obviously pretty late to the party on this given that there's only one day left in the sale. But I'm just posting so I have a record of the sale that I can go back to check weeks & months from now.

Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers - $2.99
Gabriel Knight 2: The Beast Within - $2.99
Gabriel Knight 3: Blood of the Sacred, Blood of the Damned - $2.99
Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura - $2.99
Caesar 3 - $2.99
King`s Quest 1+2+3 - $4.99
King`s Quest 4+5+6 - $4.99
King`s Quest 7+8 - $4.99
Police Quest 1+2+3+4 - $4.99
Police Quest: SWAT 1+2 - $4.99
Quest for Glory 1-5 - $4.99
Space Quest 1+2+3 - $4.99
Space Quest 4+5+6 - $4.99
Vampire The Masquerade - Redemption - $2.99
Zeus + Poseidon (Acropolis) - $4.99
Pharaoh + Cleopatra - $4.99
Phantasmagoria - $4.99
Phantasmagoria 2 - $2.99
Betrayal at Krondor Pack - $2.99
Return to Krondor - $2.99
Return to Zork $2.99
Zork Anthology, The - $2.99
Zork Nemesis: The Forbidden Lands - $2.99
Zork: Grand Inquisitor - $2.99
Call to Power 2 - $2.99
Interstate `76 Arsenal, The - $2.99
Interstate `82 - $2.99
SWAT 3: Tactical Game of the Year Edition - $4.99
Dark Reign + Expansion - $4.99
Dark Reign 2 - $2.99
Torin`s Passage - $2.99
Spycraft: The Great Game - $2.99

There's too much "meh" there to motivate me to put direct store links for each game.

Well admittedly, I'm not much of an Adventure games aficionado. But my "too much meh" line was more in reference to the fact that 50% off is a fairly lackluster discount when GOG frequently does 60% off. They also do 75-80% off discounts during big holiday sales, and many of those titles are in this sale have seen that sort of discount in the past. Perhaps I should have been clearer on that point. But I think if you take a look at some of the other posts on this page, you'll see that several other posters agree with my position that the sale isn't as impressive as past sales.

I will happily cede you the point that a lot of people out there will think of these games as classics and may even be willing to pay the current 50% off price. It's just that I didn't feel sufficiently motivated to take the extra 7-10 minutes to add click-able links to my post. Maybe if I liked adventure games a little more, or if there were fewer games on sale, it might be a different story.

I paid $50, and got a fat stack of classic adventure games. For that price I was able to get...

The first two Gabrial Knight games.
Arcanum
All the Space Quest Games
All the Kings Quest Games
All the Quest for Glory Games
Both the Phantasmagoria games
The classic Zork pack

That's a fat a huge quantity of classic games for a very reasonable price. Quite happy to get optimized copies of some of these hard-to-find classics.

[quote name='The End']. . . 50% off is a fairly lackluster discount when GOG frequently does 60% off. They also do 75-80% off discounts during big holiday sales, and many of those titles are in this sale have seen that sort of discount in the past. Perhaps I should have been clearer on that point. But I think if you take a look at some of the other posts on this page, you'll see that several other posters agree with my position that the sale isn't as impressive as past sales.[/QUOTE]

I will point out that many of GOG's sales (notably the holiday 75-80% off you reference here) are either bundle discounts or "stacking" discounts (discount ranges from 50-75% depending on how many games you buy). Most people who only want one or a few games then have to try to make trades on the GOG.com forums or arrange group buys, which are kind-of a pain.

At this point, I consider almost any sale where GOG isn't forcing you to buy more than one game to get the maximum discount a victory. Having said that, I spent way too much on bundles the last few weeks to grab any of the stuff I wanted from this sale, so I'm waiting for the next holiday sale myself at this point.

On a side note, a very well-received space RTS is on a daily deal ("classic gem promo") today: Conquest: Frontier Wars - $5.99 $2.39.

Why are you even the OP of this thread with that kind of attitude mate?. Yeah tis a shame you cant buy these games for $1 each eh? Ahhh hardcore cheapassgamers. Got to love them. Not :p

Keep in mind that GOG has rarely had sales for more than 50% off in the past (before the last sale). It's no surprise to me that they're rare, but I don't expect them to have crazy sales like there are outside of GOG.

Sure, they're not the price that a lot of us want them to be, but it shouldn't be surprising since 50% is nearly all they've done in the past. I have no problem paying for 50% off games, but maybe that's just me. No doubt that more % off is a treat, but I don't visit their site expecting it.

[quote name='Severose']Keep in mind that GOG has rarely had sales for more than 50% off in the past (before the last sale). It's no surprise to me that they're rare, but I don't expect them to have crazy sales like there are outside of GOG.

Sure, they're not the price that a lot of us want them to be, but it shouldn't be surprising since 50% is nearly all they've done in the past. I have no problem paying for 50% off games, but maybe that's just me. No doubt that more % off is a treat, but I don't visit their site expecting it.[/QUOTE]

I've bought a lot of games for 50%, but I've learned that if I ain't gonna play it right now, I'll wait for at least 60% or holiday sales, when they put almost their entire catalog at 50%

Maybe that's because I'm mostly interested on the classics, and I've already played tons of these in the past, when they were new. I mostly buy them to remember the good times and to show my kids the "ancient" games when they grew up... They are gamers too :)

Why are you even the OP of this thread with that kind of attitude mate?. Yeah tis a shame you cant buy these games for $1 each eh? Ahhh hardcore cheapassgamers. Got to love them. Not :p
I'm the OP of this thread because I like GOG, no one else had an active GOG deals thread, and sometimes I'm a nice, helpful guy.

I also know GOG's sales better than you, clearly, because they often have 60% off sales. Yes, make fun of me because I want lower prices on CheapAssGamer.com, you're hilarious.

If you don't like it, or don't like me, the door is over there. Otherwise you can stop complaining and update the OP yourself (it's a wiki, durp) and I'll happily update the topic title to match. In the meantime, si'down and shu'dup.

Keep in mind that GOG has rarely had sales for more than 50% off in the past (before the last sale). It's no surprise to me that they're rare, but I don't expect them to have crazy sales like there are outside of GOG.

Sure, they're not the price that a lot of us want them to be, but it shouldn't be surprising since 50% is nearly all they've done in the past. I have no problem paying for 50% off games, but maybe that's just me. No doubt that more % off is a treat, but I don't visit their site expecting it.
I'm surprised you say that, because 60% off sales are pretty damn common (just not recently). Most of the higher ones (75% off) always have that annoying "buy them all to get 75% off!" clause, but even then, it's still better than this 50% off crap they've been pushing for the last couple months.

I'm surprised you say that, because 60% off sales are pretty damn common (just not recently). Most of the higher ones (75% off) always have that annoying "buy them all to get 75% off!" clause, but even then, it's still better than this 50% off crap they've been pushing for the last couple months.
In my time being there (joined July, 2011), all of their 60% off sales were for single-game promos only IIRC. 50% off sales are their most common sales, which is why I was surprised when you decided to say something now, rather than one of the many other times they've had similarly discounted sales.

That's kinda GOG's thing though. From what I gather, their sales aren't geared toward selling these old games for the cheapest price. Their goal with these sales is to cater small portions of their catalog to their members at a discounted price.

No offense sbiroz, but in reply to "IIRC", I think you recall incorrectly (IIRI).

A quick Google search found me a lot of past 60% off sales (yes, sometimes on single games) on company catalogs and even genres. Just for reference, look:

http://www.gog.com/promo/indie_adventures_weekend_promo_100513

http://www.gog.com/promo/ea_weekend_promo_030513

http://www.gog.com/promo/activision_weekend_promo_05_10_12

http://www.gog.com/promo/atari_weekend_promo_220313

http://www.gog.com/promo/apogee_3d_realms_weekend_promo_220213

So... yeah, I don't know what you're saying. It's just recently that they've been doing ONLY 50% off sales, hence my complaint. I know they frequently do 50% sales all the time, but recently that's been ALL they're doing, which is annoying.

I've been paying attention to the majority of GOG's weekend sales and seasonal promos for about two and a half years now, and I can say with a reasonable amount of confidence that the 60% off sales, while not exactly obscure, are not as frequent as Idiotekque wants to believe (and argue about, for whatever reason...). I know I'm much more inclined to bite at 60% off or less and can safely wait for the holidays if I wanna shop at 50% off, and it's not too often that I add to my GOG library. But again... why are we debating this? Who cares? 50% off is still a pretty hot deal for many of their classic titles, but it's definitely slighted somewhat by the inevitable end-of-year mega-sale.

I wish they'd send emails about their gem promos; I didn't know Conquest was $2.39 until just now, two days too late.

I've been paying attention to the majority of GOG's weekend sales and seasonal promos for about two and a half years now, and I can say with a reasonable amount of confidence that the 60% off sales, while not exactly obscure, are not as frequent as Idiotekque wants to believe (and argue about, for whatever reason...). I know I'm much more inclined to bite at 60% off or less and can safely wait for the holidays if I wanna shop at 50% off, and it's not too often that I add to my GOG library. But again... why are we debating this? Who cares? 50% off is still a pretty hot deal for many of their classic titles, but it's definitely slighted somewhat by the inevitable end-of-year mega-sale.

I wish they'd send emails about their gem promos; I didn't know Conquest was $2.39 until just now, two days too late.
I wasn't trying to argue, just explaining why I commented about every sale recently being 50% off. In the past, it was much closer to 1 out of 3 or so sales being 60% off, sometimes more frequently, sometimes not. I was just surprised that Severose thought they were so rare and only for single games.

50% isn't a terrible discount at all for some of these harder to find games, and is a solid price if you're specifically looking to pick something up, but when better sales can be had (and have been had before), it's unimpressive. Really I'm just hoping that GOG hasn't adopted a new system where they ONLY have 50% sales on a regular basis (besides holiday sales).

bread's done
Back