GOG Deals Thread

Indie Gem Promo

60% off  Anodyne - $3.99

I'm not even sure if it was worth my time posting this. It's only one game, and it only lasts 24 hours. Don't really know if we need a record of this sale.

Last edited by a moderator:
Indie Gem Promo

60% off Anodyne - $3.99

I'm not even sure if it was worth my time posting this. It's only one game, and it only lasts 24 hours. Don't really know if we need a record of this sale.
Plus it's been indie bundled, and had its own PWYW promo via humble store widget.. so you could've gotten a drm-free version + steam key for a dollar. The devs are also pretty nice, they gave me a GOG key when I requested it, after buying it during his PWYW promo.

Weekend promo is:

65% off Atari Catalog

RollerCoaster Tycoon: Deluxe - $2.09

RollerCoaster Tycoon 2: Triple Thrill Pack - $3.49

RollerCoaster Tycoon 3: Platinum! - $6.88

Powerslide - $2.09

Moonbase Commander - $2.09

Locomotion, Chris Sawyer`s - $2.09

Alone in the Dark 1+2+3 - $2.09

Alone in the Dark: The New Nightmare - $2.09

Independence War Deluxe - $2.09

Independence War 2: Edge of Chaos - $2.09

Star Control 1+2 - $2.09

Star Control 3 - $2.09

B-17 Flying Fortress: The Mighty 8th - $2.09

Krush Kill ‘N Destroy 2: Krossfire - $2.09

Krush Kill `N Destroy Xtreme - $2.09

Master of Orion 1+2 - $2.09

Master of Orion 3 - $3.49

Darklands - $2.09

Pirates! Gold Plus - $2.09

Total Annihilation: Commander Pack - $2.09

Total Annihilation: Kingdoms + Expansion - $2.09

Blood (One Unit Whole Blood) - $2.09

Blood 2: The Chosen + Expansion - $2.09

Outcast - $2.09

Colonization, Sid Meier`s - $2.09

Master of Magic - $2.09

Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena, The - $5.24

It should be noted, Atari is going through some serious financial problems at the moment. They're apparently gonna have to sell of a bunch of their IPs in an auction sometime this month. There's no way to know for sure how this will all play out. But given the title of this sale, ("Thank You, Atari") it's at least possible that this might be the swansong for some of these games on GOG. If you're interested in any of these games, now might be the time to pick them up.

I'm going to have to look at the Atari game list and just pick up whatever seems interesting as it may be one of the last times esp on sale. I have a lot of it already but will pick up Total Annihilation (just the original...bought Kingdoms way back when and was just a boring RTS imho). 

I happen to be playing Blood at the moment, and I see it's part of the sale. Highly recommended. Having a lot of fun with it.

Yeah, but it was distributed by Atari. Not sure who is to blame for them not bringing it digital.
Groove Games didn't last long enough to have their games sold on Steam. If they'd only lasted a few more years...

Plus it was a licensed game (strike 1) based on a movie (strike 2) with nothing but a casual mention of the movie it was "based" upon in the story itself (strike 3) and no actors from the movie other than a poorly rendered Dennis Hopper lookalike (strike 4, also RIP DH).

The game was OK for what it was, but... it just wasn't that good.

It was still better than Alone in the Dark 5, but not that good.

Groove Games didn't last long enough to have their games sold on Steam. If they'd only lasted a few more years...

Plus it was a licensed game (strike 1) based on a movie (strike 2) with nothing but a casual mention of the movie it was "based" upon in the story itself (strike 3) and no actors from the movie other than a poorly rendered Dennis Hopper lookalike (strike 4, also RIP DH).

The game was OK for what it was, but... it just wasn't that good.

It was still better than Alone in the Dark 5, but not that good.

It's a modern gaming classic, but I wouldn't expect a hack like you to understand.

I'm thinking of getting Riddick, its been pulled from Steam it looks like and at one point had atrocious DRM anyways.  Has anyone tried the Alone in the Darks lately?  I want some old style survival horror but it seems like those might be too dated.

Alone 1 is amazing, I got pissed off with 2 and never bothered with 3. New Nightmare is more Resident Evil than AITD. Still a good game.

Got a question here - when the Atari games aren't for sale anymore, can you still download them at any time you want after the fact or is there a drop-off date for the games?

Thanks! 

Got a question here - when the Atari games aren't for sale anymore, can you still download them at any time you want after the fact or is there a drop-off date for the games?

Thanks!
There's no drop-off date, if you've bought them you can download them forever (or until GOG closes.)

It is a good game but gets really repetitive fast. If I were you I would get the updated version instead.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/3920/?snr=1_7_7_204_150_1
Yeah, that Sid Meier version is very solid. I played a lot of that a few years back, and it's very well put together.

Anyone else paranoid they're going to do a THQ Humble Bundle type thing?

Agreed. I wouldn't count on it being a 'thing'. It's possible, but I doubt it happening.

Isn't this supposed to be a lauded classic that's not really available elsewhere DRM-free and shit?

http://www.gog.com/gamecard/pirates_gold_plus

Thoughts?
It's fantastic.. I played it lots in the late 80s... and even a bit into the early/mid 90s. I honestly imagine it holds up rather well.. sail around, trade, plunder, make/break political deals, commit piracy, deal with staffing issues, woo Governor's daughters, etc... hmm I wonder if they disabled the manual based ownership check... The ship-to-ship battles are quite fun.

Hmm, suppose it's time to grab MoM since I've been putting that off since GoG opened.  I suppose I should grab Rollercoaster Tycoon 2 as well, though that really makes me wish they would get the ability to distribute a version of Railroad Tycoon 3 that worked with Vista/7/8 since I want to play that so bad every time I come across the box.

Weekend promo is:

65% off Atari Catalog

Alone in the Dark 1+2+3 - $2.09 (AITD 1 was the best. I started with 2 when it came out for me it was awesome. (Take in count I had never played AITD1 by then). Then I played 1, and was better, the history was great. Then AITD 3. It had a great gameplay, but the history was nothing to write home about. I don't think I'll be playing those again because they didn't aged well)

Alone in the Dark: The New Nightmare - $2.09 (I liked this game. My last console was a SNES, so I couldn't compare it with RE series. I have this game on GOG, played a bit, and can say it aged really well)

Pirates! Gold Plus - $2.09 (This is a game you can play several hours straight. A true classic)

Total Annihilation: Commander Pack - $2.09 (I don't think anybody shuold ask about this game. Is one of those games players still talks about today)

Total Annihilation: Kingdoms + Expansion - $2.09 (This game would have a better history if they decided to use another name. It don't have nothing in commen with Total Annihilation, but is an awesome game on it's own)

Blood (One Unit Whole Blood) - $2.09 (Love this game. OMG, I love it. It have everything... a good atmosphere, great character, great weapons!. Just love it)

Blood 2: The Chosen + Expansion - $2.09 (Is not on pair with the original, but it's great too. Caleb is a great character)

Master of Magic - $2.09 (FANTASTIC. I still hope someone does a remake or something like that. Someone told me Eador and Fallen Enchantress are a bit similiar)

Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena, The - $5.24 (Didn't played long enough, but I liked it. And it comes WITHOUT the awful DRM the Steam version had)

It should be noted, Atari is going through some serious financial problems at the moment. They're apparently gonna have to sell of a bunch of their IPs in an auction sometime this month. There's no way to know for sure how this will all play out. But given the title of this sale, ("Thank You, Atari") it's at least possible that this might be the swansong for some of these games on GOG. If you're interested in any of these games, now might be the time to pick them up.
I edited you post with some recommendations. I'll grab both Blood and Total annihilation games. And maybe MoM, just in case!

I edited you post with some recommendations. I'll grab both Blood and Total annihilation games. And maybe MoM, just in case!
Your opinions are most welcome. Most of this stuff is pretty new to me, so it helps to hear what people think as I try to decide what to pick up. I already own the RollerCoaster games and Riddick. so that only leaves 23 games to choose from. lol

I've heard enough people praise Blood to know that that's something that I should be interested in. so that's on my list for sure. I'll probably pick up Pirates, Colonization & the Alone In the Dark games as well.

Your opinions are most welcome. Most of this stuff is pretty new to me, so it helps to hear what people think as I try to decide what to pick up. I already own the RollerCoaster games and Riddick. so that only leaves 23 games to choose from. lol

I've heard enough people praise Blood to know that that's something that I should be interested in. so that's on my list for sure. I'll probably pick up Pirates, Colonization & the Alone In the Dark games as well.
I really don't know much about colonization. I've played every Civ game until Civ 4 (even Call to Power 1 & 2) but never played any colonization game. Maybe it is better to play the one that comes with Civ 4 collection...

Also, you should try looking some vids on AITD 1-3 and see if you can stand the graphics

I was lurking the topic and wanted to let you guys know that, as far as I know, the original Alone in the Dark games are all abandonware - meaning they're completely free to play. It's only ~$2, I know, but Google seemed to agree with my claim and I had absolutely no trouble finding all three of the games on an abandonware site.

I was lurking the topic and wanted to let you guys know that, as far as I know, the original Alone in the Dark games are all abandonware - meaning they're completely free to play. It's only ~$2, I know, but Google seemed to agree with my claim and I had absolutely no trouble finding all three of the games on an abandonware site.
The fact they are available for purchase on GOG (or anywhere legit) makes them not abandonware.

Just because you can find them on abandonware sites doesn't mean they are. They are still published by Atari. So those sites have pirated copies.

Edit ninjad by the kitty

In theory, I'm against downloading pirated copies of those games. In practice though, the fact that they're not gonna run on my system without a hell of a lot of tinkering is probably the main reason that I'd just assume buy them from GOG.

The fact they are available for purchase on GOG (or anywhere legit) makes them not abandonware.
Just because you can find them on abandonware sites doesn't mean they are. They are still published by Atari. So those sites have pirated copies.

Edit ninjad by the kitty
Agree. The term "abandonware" was and always will be sitting on a grey spot. But what everybody agree is that when someone legit, as GOG, begins selling it, it cannot apply as "abandonware".

l always followed Abandonia, they were (and still are) very legit about the "abandonware" games. And all the games that were downloadable, and now are on GOG, are not downloadable anymore. Instead, they put a link to the game on GOG.

The same with Home of the Underdogs, and I believe a lot others

I have many downloaded games from the time they were "abandonware", but now I'm buying them on GOG for many reasons, one of them beign the easy of use of the games (they are all patched, and stable), and other reason beign supporting their effort and DRM-Free iniciative.

Maybe I'll never play most of the games I own on GOG, but they are all games I played when I was young, and I love to KNOW I can play them whenever I want

Thought about grabbing Blood because of the recommendations... but man, that whole 2.5D Doom/Wolfenstein/Marathon thing is just not my bag of chips. Then again, I'm not even much for new gen FPSs.

Thought about grabbing Blood because of the recommendations... but man, that whole 2.5D Doom/Wolfenstein/Marathon thing is just not my bag of chips. Then again, I'm not even much for new gen FPSs.
If you didn't play it back then, I doubt you like it now. I was telling me I wouldn't play it again because the graphics... but then saw some videos... and nostalgia strikes me. Insta-buy

I don't even have that kind of nostalgia with Duke Nukem, Doom or Wolfenstein.

I was thinking similarly... why are people going on about this. I fuck ing hate 2.5D FPSes. I didn't even like the back in the day, and after System Shock (1) (real 3D) 2.5D was dead to me.

If you didn't play it back then, I doubt you like it now. I was telling me I wouldn't play it again because the graphics... but then saw some videos... and nostalgia strikes me. Insta-buy

I don't even have that kind of nostalgia with Duke Nukem, Doom or Wolfenstein.
^_^ I was guessing as much.

I don't know why I never played Outcast. Watched some gameplays and... no...

Then watched this video and was an insta-buy

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGp-mx90jhw[/youtube]

bread's done
Back