GOG Deals Thread

To everyone who offered help, thanks but I ended up not buying the game.

There's no danger of Codemasters yanking these anytime soon (unlike their older games) so I can wait until Christmas.

So I just noticed that the thread creator (Idiotekque) has been Silenced again. For those unfamiliar with this status, getting "Silenced" is the CAG equivalent of sitting in "Time Out". Which means that he won't be able to do anything on this board until the Silence status has been removed. So for the next week or two, there won't be any updates to the thread title or the OP.

So I just noticed that the thread creator (Idiotekque) has been Silenced again. For those unfamiliar with this status, getting "Silenced" is the CAG equivalent of sitting in "Time Out". Which means that he won't be able to do anything on this board until the Silence status has been removed. So for the next week or two, there won't be any updates to the thread title or the OP.
I blame Indie Gala.

Edit: ninja'd I'm looking at Vampire... Edit 2: Flight of the Amazon queen free http://www.gog.com/game/flight_of_the_amazon_queen

get vampire, it was a great game. I played the hell outa that back in th the day despite its bugs. Still have my disk so i think im passing on this version for now

Im actually looking at the divinity games. I always meant to play them but never did. Can anyone recomend them? Seemed kinda diabloish but more story focused, does that sound right? im also a bit confused on the order here.. Divine divinity is the first game with beyond divinity being the sequal, correct? THen all the other more recent sequals later.

I am actually looking for a boxed copy of the early divinities, but the only complete edition i can find of it is a UK version. Did the US never get one?

get vampire, it was a great game. I played the hell outa that back in th the day despite its bugs. Still have my disk so i think im passing on this version for now

How does this compare to Bloodlines? I've been itching to get Bloodlines for a while, but Activision looks like it will never do 75% off again :(

Im actually looking at the divinity games. I always meant to play them but never did. Can anyone recomend them? Seemed kinda diabloish but more story focused, does that sound right? im also a bit confused on the order here.. Divine divinity is the first game with beyond divinity being the sequal, correct? THen all the other more recent sequals later.

I am actually looking for a boxed copy of the early divinities, but the only complete edition i can find of it is a UK version. Did the US never get one?

I've played Vampire back in the day too, I'm looking to replay it ;)

How does this compare to Bloodlines? I've been itching to get Bloodlines for a while, but Activision looks like it will never do 75% off again :(

It has nothing to do with Bloodlines. Bloodlines is "another kind of animal". I found Vampire redemption more action oriented.

What the.... did GOG change its payment options? I went to pay with paypal as usual since it never seems to save credit card info and it wouldn't let me pay with a card, only with paypal balance which i never have. When did this happen? If you have to use a CC on checkout at least let us save the friggin info so we dont have to enter it every single time

like juanjava said: totally different games. I actually got bloodlines recently when it was on sale for real cheap but havent played it. From what i see they play very differently. Masquerade is a dungeon crawler overhead style game with a story. BLoodlines seems a bit more FPS oriented.

Any opinions on Septerra or Arcanum?
they looked interesting to me. Think i got arcanum ut not sure if i bought septerra on some other sale, i gotta dig through all my various accounts. to see. Man i really need a way to organize what digital games i have from what sites

I have Arcanum on disc from whenever it was new (15 years ago?) and I really like how it blends the steampunk aesthetic with magic. I remember the writing being pretty good, but to be honest it's been so long I'm not sure how useful I can be. Check the reviews on the site maybe?

What the.... did GOG change its payment options? I went to pay with paypal as usual since it never seems to save credit card info and it wouldn't let me pay with a card, only with paypal balance which i never have. When did this happen? If you have to use a CC on checkout at least let us save the friggin info so we dont have to enter it every single time

like juanjava said: totally different games. I actually got bloodlines recently when it was on sale for real cheap but havent played it. From what i see they play very differently. Masquerade is a dungeon crawler overhead style game with a story. BLoodlines seems a bit more FPS oriented.

they looked interesting to me. Think i got arcanum ut not sure if i bought septerra on some other sale, i gotta dig through all my various accounts. to see. Man i really need a way to organize what digital games i have from what sites

That's actually a paypal policy and not GOG. Paypal if you have a balance it forces you to use the balance before letting you use a card. I think the only way around it would be not logging in.

And thanks for the thoughts on Vampires. Will have to think about it and maybe watch some vids. FPS appeals to me much more.

Vampire I played back when it was new.  I didn't find it particularly enthralling then, and don't really have an urge to grab it now.  I spent more time on multiplayer as it had a way for a GM to use it to run a RPG session.

Arcanum I did not play when it was new, but did play it a couple of years ago.  I quite enjoyed it and would recommend it.

Lots of old school isometric RPG enthusiasts consider the Baldurs Gate games, early Fallout and Arcanum to be the pinnacle of the genre. Arcanum is a very good game but I never finished it (bugs and RW time constraints). That said it still ranks high among my favorite gaming experiences. Neat theme with magic and the old ways conflicting with technology and change in a steampunk setting. Quests have multiple solution paths that feel significant and impacting. Cool story. Strong soundtrack. Orcs and Zeppelins.

Still on my list of "Must Finish This" and if the bugs have been cleaned up should be a lot of fun.

Lots of old school isometric RPG enthusiasts consider the Baldurs Gate games, early Fallout and Arcanum to be the pinnacle of the genre. Arcanum is a very good game but I never finished it (bugs and RW time constraints). That said it still ranks high among my favorite gaming experiences. Neat theme with magic and the old ways conflicting with technology and change in a steampunk setting. Quests have multiple solution paths that feel significant and impacting. Cool story. Strong soundtrack. Orcs and Zeppelins.

Still on my list of "Must Finish This" and if the bugs have been cleaned up should be a lot of fun.
Arcanum I did not play when it was new, but did play it a couple of years ago. I quite enjoyed it and would recommend it.
I have Arcanum on disc from whenever it was new (15 years ago?) and I really like how it blends the steampunk aesthetic with magic. I remember the writing being pretty good, but to be honest it's been so long I'm not sure how useful I can be. Check the reviews on the site maybe?
Thanks for the feedback. I'm probably going to pick it up; I'm still iffy on Septerra Core. It looks good, but I know it got mixed reviews, and some people on both GOG and Reddit seem to have had trouble getting it working correctly. Still, I'm a sucker for games like it...

Man i really need a way to organize what digital games i have from what sites
I just use an Excel spreadsheet. Whenever I buy something, I jot down what it is and where I got it from. I'm sure there are better methods, but it works for me.

Classic Gem Promo

60% Or 75% Off Syndicate Series
Syndicate - $2.39 Or $1.79
Syndicate Wars - $2.39 Or $1.79

Damn y u tempt me? I already own Syndicate (on GOG too).... Syndicate Wars isn't well received but for less than $2...

70% or more on GOG is so rare... I have syndicate retail (+American revolt), but will buy it again. One of the best games ever

Whoops, had the discount wrong. It only goes up to 70%. Prices listed were correct though.

Oh and welcome back Mind Link.

Last edited by a moderator:
Special Promo

60 to 80% Off Super 5 Promo

This is a stacking promo. The discount goes up for each game that you buy. All the way up to 80%

VVVVVV - Between $1.99 & $0.99
The Adventures of Shuggy - Between $1.99 & $0.99
Gateways - Between $1.99 & $0.99
Time Gentlemen, Please! + Ben There, Dan That! - Between $1.99 & $0.99
Escape Goat - Between $1.99 & $0.99

I personally own everything already, so it's a pass for me. Pretty good deal though if you don't already own too many of these.
It's like a bundle in disguise.

Any good Halloween themed games on GOG besides Ghost Master? I'll probably get that again, since I've given up my Steam account, and maybe a couple others. Good time of the year for that.

Any good Halloween themed games on GOG besides Ghost Master? I'll probably get that again, since I've given up my Steam account, and maybe a couple others. Good time of the year for that.

Some suggestions:

Zafehouse Diaries

Realms of the Haunting

Gabriel Knight 1 to 3

Phantasmagoria 1 and 2

Undying

Here are games GOG has tagged with 'horror'.

http://www.gog.com/games##search=horror

I highly recommend The Cat Lady.

edit - if link doesn't work you can manually search for 'horror'

bread's done
Back