GOG Deals Thread

For me, shopping for game deals is a game unto itself, so I applaud GOG for this unconventional deal setup, even if it is basically a gimmick. That said, trying to find a deal this way is a little too much work, and I already have most of what I want from the GOG catalog, so I'm mainly going to sit this out.

I have to admit that adopting a Woot-style sale with artificial scarcity was fuckin' genius on GOG's part. The "free" games are like Woot's bag of crap, only cost them pretty much nothing.
Apparently so. Based on what's been going on at GOG the last couple of days, this has probably been the most successful sale in the site's history. Those Poles are probably either a) putting away a big wad of cash to pay for the finishing touches on Witcher 3 or b) drinking Cristal, eating caviar, and cackling with glee over suckers buying thousands of copies of Cognition for $10 and Jack Keane 2 for $12.

On a personal note, still no sign of Alpha Centauri. I'm betting it shows up just when I give up and go to sleep...

I think you missed it already. I think I saw it again some hours ago

That's how I felt in college. Every weekend. Trying to get laid and knowing it wasn't going to happen. It was just so much fun!
Hmm, much like my one year at an actual university, though I'd have to say being constantly drunk/stoned and addicted to WoW probably hindered my chances with this one girl that I totally wanted to get rowdy with. That and I met her when she walked in on me making out with her topless roommate.

SotS: The Pit for free, already own it, Septerra Core for $1.49, already own it...

Blackwell gone, System Shock 2 will be out in a minute.  1000 copies at $1.99 (80%).  I'd recommend it, but everybody already has SS2, right?

Blackwell gone, System Shock 2 will be out in a minute. 1000 copies at $1.99 (80%). I'd recommend it, but everybody already has SS2, right?
Even though I have SS2 on Steam, I double dipped on it. Really, it was because I hadn't bought a game in 15 minutes and I was beginning to get the shakes. Or maybe it was due to that open window....

Don't Starve for $4.99 (66% off).  Future bundle fodder, but still highly recommended.  One of the few indie games I actually bothered to play, rather than just idle for gabenbux.  Think I dropped $7.50ish on it, no regrets.

Shit, I didn't expect the next game to be free... goodbye, Shadow Man.

Sacred Gold for $1.99 works for me - I actually bought this for $2.56 at Target in the not-too-distant past, but we'll just consider this a charitable donation in exchange for soundtracks.

Shit, I didn't expect the next game to be free... goodbye, Shadow Man.

Sacred Gold for $1.99 works for me - I actually bought this for $2.56 at Target in the not-too-distant past, but we'll just consider this a charitable donation in exchange for soundtracks.
Those GOG bonuses are always a nice addition.

HumbleHaters ate up Chains quickly, time for BADGERS! 200 copies of Shelter at $3.99 (60% off). This one should stay up for a little while...or maybe not, jeebus

MOOOOOOOOO 1+2, $1.49 (75% off).  My review: Awesome

No wait, that's probably not an era-appropriate term.  My review: Rad!

Unsurprisingly, MOO is gone.  Next is Planescape: Torment for $1.99 (80%).  1000 copies, and these are going to go fast as well.

Finally bit on Planescape: Torment. It's one of those games that I've never heard a bad thing about but have never gotten around to playing.

Moo + 2 for a dirt cheap price, but I... already own it. I'm starting to wonder if sitting at the laptop all morning was really worth it.
Well duh, obviously it was. You can't fail at getting free games if you don't even attempt to fail.

See, you just missed Septerra Core. :shame:

Hey, Rayman Origins! $4.99!

Primordia 2.50$        75% off

Great game from the makers of Gemini Rue- one of the best story-characters that Wadjet has released thus fa.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone have an idea how long this will go on? I can't find an end time anywhere, and I really want to pick up Riddick. If hope is lost I'll stop watching.

I guess it was up a couple hours ago.

Wing Commander: Privateer for $1.49... screw it, I'm so starved for old games that I'll bite, and I don't even care about Wing Commander.

I really want IHNMAIMS and Alpha Centauri, and I'll probably be set. And Shadow Man. Wish I hadn't missed that freebie.

Does anyone have an idea how long this will go on? I can't find an end time anywhere, and I really want to pick up Riddick. If hope is lost I'll stop watching.
Riddick was last night first time sale.Then it repeated about 3 hours ago .

I would say tonight or tommorow if the sale lasts.(some of these have been on sale 3 times so it might come back)

Wing Commander: Privateer for $1.49... screw it, I'm so starved for old games that I'll bite, and I don't even care about Wing Commander.

I really want IHNMAIMS and Alpha Centauri, and I'll probably be set. And Shadow Man. Wish I hadn't missed that freebie.
Do you NEED IHNMAIMS on GOG? Would Steam be ok? Because it's currently available in a bundle for $1, as a steam key.

Do you NEED IHNMAIMS on GOG? Would Steam be ok? Because it's currently available in a bundle for $1, as a steam key.
Really? I wouldn't mind it on GOG, but I had no idea about this. I haven't kept up with bundles as much lately because frankly, a lot of them are starting to seriously blow.

edit to add: That is certainly the most unique bundle theme I've seen in a while

Apparently it's done when they "sell out" of everything.
Wut? What does that even mean? It would be interesting to know what GOG's meaning of "sell out of everything" is.

Ha Ha. People buying Lucius for $4. Enjoy getting your Evil on by taking out the garbage and other mundane tasks as the Junior Prince of Darkness.

Wut? What does that even mean? It would be interesting to know what GOG's meaning of "sell out of everything" is.
Presumably they've gone into this sale with a set amount of discounts for each game, I guess a few thousand of each, rationing them out at different times to both give everyone sort of a fair shot and drive people like you and me up the damn wall.

I probably didn't have to explain that to you, but there you go.

Guess what: Book of Unwritten Tales 75 % off 4.99$

Don't rush you'll have like 2 hours time to decide .

EDIT:Why is it sellig so fast, I had no ideea it was this popular.

Guess what: Book of Unwritten Tales 75 % off 4.99$

Don't rush you'll have like 2 hours time to decide .

EDIT:Why is it sellig so fast, I had no ideea it was this popular.
Oh believe me, if it was $11.99, you'd have time to take a shower, do the chores, make a grocery run, whip up some lunch, get laid, cure cancer...

I was hoping that Bloodrayne, Bloodrayne 2 and Leisure Suit Larry Magna Cum Laude would be on sale... and they weren't after all, according to a Reddit thread.

Ah well. Now to wait until Christmas...

Jack Keane should rotate back in so that everyone can take a little breather.
No joke, I need to get off my ass and get a wash. Not many things in the last few hours have gone faster than you can click (freebies aside obviously), but it's been moving just fast enough that I can't tear myself away. So far I've racked up 11 purchases, which is more than I thought I'd be picking up honestly.

lol poor poor Jack keane. Everything goes within a few minutes but that sucker was up for around 5 hours. I'd look every 30 minutes and it had barely sold a couple copies. At least it allowed me a chance to move on with my life.

bread's done
Back