GOG Deals Thread

The Thief games are going for 1.99 each, so almost $6 for all three games. They've been on sale on Steam before, but I think it's been for the same price, I'm not sure though. Either way, 6 bucks is a good deal for all three games IMO

Thief pack (Steam) was $3.79 at GMG recently.

At 1500 copies, even if it goes fast, it'll still take a minute.

BTW, for anyone who likes Theme Hospital, you may want to try Evil Genius, should you find a cheap copy somewhere.

At 1500 copies, even if it goes fast, it'll still take a minute.

BTW, for anyone who likes Theme Hospital, you may want to try Evil Genius, should you find a cheap copy somewhere.
I'm reading on wiki that the game is similar to Dungeon Keeper. Is that true? DK2 is one of my favorite games of all time, so I'd be hyped to play a game that plays similar to that.

Thief pack (Steam) was $3.79 at GMG recently.
Really? Then there ya go, Trusty Mutsi. If you're willing to wait, it could go cheaper again eventually.

I'm reading on wiki that the game is similar to Dungeon Keeper. Is that true? DK2 is one of my favorite games of all time, so I'd be hyped to play a game that plays similar to that.
EG is similar to Dungeon Keeper. The game is designed with a cold-war era spy theme mixed with a healthy dose of humor, and that humor is (imho) what makes the game great. Similar to the unique feeling you get from the DK games. Well, not similar as in the same, but similar as in both DK and EG have a unique charm to them.

The mechanics in EG are also similar- build an underground base, get evil minions, and take over the world. While of course beating off the agents of good (including super agents modeled after action heros like Jet Lee and James Bond). As you can tell, I enjoy the game.

Similar in that its a management style game in which you recruit workers and build rooms for specific purposes, but evil genius takes a little different direction in that you send out your workers to different parts of the world to complete various tasks to either earn you money or reputation

Id recommend giving it a go, usually goes cheap during the steam sales too if you want to wait for it there

For those of you getting theme hospital dont forget to check out corsixth, https://code.google.com/p/corsix-th/

Its an HD rework of the TH engine and also has new graphics (that i have yet to try out)

[font='lucida sans unicode', 'lucida grande', sans-serif]Thief pack (Steam) was $3.79 at GMG recently.[/font]
Since the Thief pack could easily be $3.79 again in the future, is there any other reason to get the GOG versions, outside of Thief 3 being DRM free, that make them worth the extra few bucks? Does GOG make the games they offer more compatible/less bug-free?

Since the Thief pack could easily be $3.79 again in the future, is there any other reason to get the GOG versions, outside of Thief 3 being DRM free, that make them worth the extra few bucks? Does GOG make the games they offer more compatible/less bug-free?
I'm not sure on Thief specifically, but as others have mentioned several dozen pages ago, GOG does update their old games to run on modern systems, and they often package games with all applicable updates- sometimes, even unofficial updates.

GOG will often include wallpapers, manuals, pictures, and soundtracks. The soundtracks alone are usually worth it in my mind.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not sure on Thief specifically, but as others have mentioned several dozen pages ago, GOG does update their old games to run on modern systems, and they often package games with all applicable updates- sometimes, even unofficial updates.

GOG will often include wallpapers, manuals, pictures, and soundtracks. The soundtracks alone are usually worth it in my mind.
Well, I will say I've never had a problem running a GOG game.

I got Vampire: The Masquerade- Bloodlines from Gamefly digital, and I couldn't get the sound to stop hitting stutter points, even with the unofficial patch.

Wow, thanks guys. I did not even know VODO existed. That said, the list from a few pages back said IHNM will be on sale eventually for 1 and change. I like GOG and what they do so I won't mind to throw the little extra at them if it goes up before i head to bed. If not, I'll buy it from VODO in the morning!

Also, any bundles with Cognition that I don't know about?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, I think I'm just gonna hit the hay. I'm down from impatiently anticipating six discounts to three discounts, so that's cool. (I can live without King of Dragon Pass, but no Tomb Raider or Spellforce while I'm asleep!) Plus I have all of one day left to do some ticket-diverting driver education BS online, and uh, yeah that probably should have taken priority several days ago.

Yeah, I think I'm just gonna hit the hay. I'm down from impatiently anticipating six discounts to three discounts, so that's cool. (I can live without King of Dragon Pass, but no Tomb Raider or Spellforce while I'm asleep!) Plus I have all of one day left to do some ticket-diverting driver education BS online, and uh, yeah that probably should have taken priority several days ago.
I gotta say, King of Dragon Pass is one of the most unique games I have ever played. Lots of fun and re-playability with that game

I gotta say, King of Dragon Pass is one of the most unique games I have ever played. Lots of fun and re-playability with that game
I'll support the endorsement for KoDP. These days though I play the iOS version way more than I do the GOG PC version. The port is well done, and the game lends itself well to the iPad format. Can get a bunch of turns in on the train, plane and airport.

I'm out too guys. Now I go from wanting my picks up to hoping they don't come up for another few hours.

The title is very intriguing.  I bought a copy of it, it's only $1.93 :p Still waiting for the other games on my list to pop up.  It's been a very long weekend.  I hope it's over by tomorrow because I have school on Tuesday and won't be able to stay up.

I'll wait until LSL:R gets to a lower price.  I already bought the LRL bundle earlier this sale.  Hope this goes by (relatively) quick, too.

Yeah, I already have 5 Larry games I have to try first.

By the time I get around to that this ought to be a lot cheaper.

5?  I think it was 5.  I need to go check.

Hooray, got back from dinner just in time to get NWN.

By count, these are the only games remaining (thanks to the posters that have been maintaining the list).

Brutal Legend $3.74
Cognition: An Erica Reed Thriller $10.09
Duke Nukem 3D: Atomic Ed $1.49
Expeditions: Conquistador $4.99
Heroes of Might & Magic 3: Complete Ed $2.49
Jade Empire: Special Ed $2.99
King of Dragon Pass $1.49
Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver $1.49
Psychonauts $2.49
Puddle $1.99
Spellforce Platinum $2.49
Sword of the Stars: The Pit $2.09
Thief 2: Metal Age $1.99
Thief Gold $1.99
Tomb Raider 1+2+3 $2.49
Witcher 2: Assassin of Kings $5.99

If GOG do a similar sale, but with other games from the catalog, on holiday, my wallet will cry (again). There are still tons of classics to backlog!

Ugh, I'm completely torn on Tomb Raider.  I already own all 3 for various systems and never beat them, but what are the odds I'll ever hook up my Sega Saturn again.  But if I buy them I know I won't play them, unless it's to have a quick giggle with some perverse fan mod and then let them gather dust in my GOG library..

Wow, I woke up this morning just as NWN 1 was about 2/3 gone. Yay!

I saw Thief 3 last night, and decided to get a cheap pack of all three sometime in the future.

Now I'd just like Jade Empire. Even if I miss that, I've had a good haul.

bread's done
Back