GOG Deals Thread

Actually this is the first time it's been on sale, you're probably thinking of Theme Hospital.

When are they going to fix the wikis on this site? The op lost it again.
Wait, seriously? This is REALLY the first time it's been on sale? That's quite peculiar, because I own it, and I've never once bought a GOG game at full price (with the exception of the recently released "Jazzpunk", as my daughter wanted to play it).

Can anyone confirm this befuddling jabberwocky? (No offense intended towards Ohmz or his comment.)

Wait, seriously? This is REALLY the first time it's been on sale? That's quite peculiar, because I own it, and I've never once bought a GOG game at full price (with the exception of the recently released "Jazzpunk", as my daughter wanted to play it).

Can anyone confirm this befuddling jabberwocky? (No offense intended towards Ohmz or his comment.)
As I remember it was only released in December so if it was on sale I doubt it would have been at a higher discount than this one. EA doesn't usually give big discounts right away.

ITAD seems to confirm the previous comments.

Huh...  This is most odd, indeed.

I wonder if one of my brood might have purchased it when GOG released it a few months back... This seems to be the most logical explanation (besides the rules of quantum physics by which the Twilight Zone operates, of course).

Last edited by a moderator:
Why is my interest suddenly piqued?
Lemme explain this:

You hold a button down, then you press a direction to attack, or keep the controls neutral to throw a fireball. It's bad. REALLY. BAD. And the keyboard layout makes no goddamn sense.

This game makes the original STREET FIGHTER look like Marvel vs Capcom.

Lemme explain this:

You hold a button down, then you press a direction to attack, or keep the controls neutral to throw a fireball. It's bad. REALLY. BAD. And the keyboard layout makes no goddamn sense.

This game makes the original STREET FIGHTER look like Marvel vs Capcom.
You could always try Divekick.

If you want to post the weekend deals, I promise not to beat you to the punch this time. In fact, if nobody else gets around to it, I wont be around until later this evening to post the deals. I gots stuff to do today.

So this is the big chance for somebody out there to Wally Pipp me and become the Lou Gehrig of GOG deal posting. Who knows, they might even name a disease after you.

If you want to post the weekend deals, I promise not to beat you to the punch this time. In fact, if nobody else gets around to it, I wont be around until later this evening to post the deals. I gots stuff to do today.

So this is the big chance for somebody out there to Wally Pipp me and become the Lou Gehrig of GOG deal posting. Who knows, they might even name a disease after you.
I might take you up on that offer (provided I'm still awake by then). Considering we have a newborn, AND I'm an insomniac, there is not much else I can do at 4:00 in the morning.

Well, at least I'm retired, and I don't have to wake up early to drudge on at work. :D/

Weekend Promo.  Interplay Resistables

50% off (sorry, this deal isn't worthy of huge bright green text)

Freespace  - $2.99
Freespace 2  - $4.99
Descent 1&2 -  $4.99
Descent 3  - $4.99
Sacrifice - $4.99
Redneck Rampage Collection - $2.99
Giants: Citizen Kabuto - $4.99
Stonekeep - $2.99
Conquest of the New World - $2.99
Battle Chess Special Ed - $2.99
Earthworm Jim 1&2 - $4.99
Earthworm Jim 3D - $2.99
Castles 1&2 - $2.99
Shogo: Mobile Armor Division - $2.99
MDK - $2.99
MDK2 - $2.99
M.A.X. 1&2 - $2.99
Kingpin: Life of Crime - $4.99
Lionheart: Legacy of the Crusader - $2.99
Jagged Alliance 2 - $2.99
Die By the Sword - $2.99
F/A-18E Super Hornet - $4.99
Messiah - $4.99
Subwar 2050 Compete - $2.99
Screamer - $2.99
Screamer 2 - $2.99
Shattered Steel - $2.99
Evolva - $2.99
VR Soccer '96 - $2.99
Kingdom: The Far Reaches - $2.99
Invictus: In the Shadow of Olympus - $2.99

Hmm... tempted to pick these up, or at least the first one. These are 80% off, RCT3 is only 75% off.

I never played them, but there was someone in one of my D&D groups that was a big fan of RCT1 (this was before RTC2).

Also RCT3 is on Steam for those who have accepted our lord Gaben as our gaming savior.
I played some RCT1 back in the day. I've never played RCT2. I skipped RCT1 when it was on sale for about that on Gamersgate, largely as I'd rather have it on GOG. I think I'll grab at least the first one, and maybe the second.

I was looking into RCT 1 vs 2... wow odd split in the RCT fans.  The universally agreed points are RCT1 has a better campaign and RCT2 has a sandbox mode but the campaign sucks and the UI is a bit of a mess.  The fans seem to be split over small details.

I snagged RCT1... that should hold me over (and $1.19 @ GOG is hard to resist.. I just wish they had an OSX version). $2 RCT2 will wait.

I was looking into RCT 1 vs 2... wow odd split in the RCT fans. The universally agreed points are RCT1 has a better campaign and RCT2 has a sandbox mode but the campaign sucks and the UI is a bit of a mess. The fans seem to be split over small details.

I snagged RCT1... that should hold me over (and $1.19 @ GOG is hard to resist.. I just wish they had an OSX version). $2 RCT2 will wait.
I may be the odd one out here, but personally, I actually prefer RCT 3 the best (however the expansions are a must to thoroughly enjoy it)!

Thank you so much for this thread! i almost missed the interplay sale from this weekend and i have been hoping to finally get the redneck rampage collection on sale! 3 bucks FTW!!!!!

Thank you so much for this thread! i almost missed the interplay sale from this weekend and i have been hoping to finally get the redneck rampage collection on sale! 3 bucks FTW!!!!!
Wait, you actually bought something during this sale?!!

And you guys call ME a "fake CAG"... pffft. :nottalking:

I never played them, but there was someone in one of my D&D groups that was a big fan of RCT1 (this was before RTC2).
I played the crap out of RCT1 way back when it was still hot. Then I got 2 and for whatever reason it didn't click with me the same way, which happened again with 3 which I need to go back and try some more.

I really think 1 had the right amount of content/options without being overwhelming like I found some of the stuff in future games to be, and something about it was just more charming to me. So yeah, checkout 1, there's a ton of content there and it's still my favorite tycoon game I've played.

Hmm... tempted to pick these up, or at least the first one. These are 80% off, RCT3 is only 75% off.

Also RCT3 is on Steam for those who have accepted our lord Gaben as our gaming savior.
How come RCT1 + 2 ain't on Steam...?

EDIT:

Roller Coaster Tycoon 15th Anniversary Sale

80% OFF

RCT Deluxe - $1.19

RCT 2 Triple Thrill Pack - $1.99

RCT 3 Platinum - $4.99

or all three for $8.17!

edit: okay, that doesn't seem to be a discount for buying the entire package

edit edit: Also, Bloodnet is $2.39 @ 60% off
Hmmm - 80% off...

Is a RCT Humble Bundle incoming? ;)

Hmmm - 80% off...

Is a RCT Humble Bundle incoming? ;)
Maybe, but I'm willing to bet that it's just GOG being GOG and honouring the 15th anniversary of the RCT series (even if "honouring" it means GOG making some money, but still, an 80% sale is nothing to sneeze at!).

However, an upcoming Humble Bundle is entirely possible, especially considering the new Rollercoaster Tycoon 4 iOS game that's set to release soon... It's a shame that it looks like it's going to be a F2P app, though, as fans of the series would have gone head over heels crazy for an iOS remake of RCT 2, even if it would only be available on the iPad (I say that because I can only imagine the UI being usable on a bigger screen).

[quote name="talkinrock" post="11656887" timestamp="1396299948"]Wait, you actually bought something during this sale?!!

And you guys call ME a "fake CAG"... pffft. :nottalking:[/quote]

I must be missing something. Why are you insinuating I'm a fake cag for getting something on sale?

I must be missing something. Why are you insinuating I'm a fake cag for getting something on sale?
The joke was because most people in this thread tend to pick up GOG games when they're at least 60% off, though usually we wait until the discount is even higher... And I'm apparently the resident "fake CAG" for a few reasons, one of which being that for a while I was posting discounts that weren't all that significant (i.e GOG's "new release" discounts).

So there ya go, mate... :boxing:

[quote name="talkinrock" post="11657143" timestamp="1396307201"]The joke was because most people in this thread tend to pick up GOG games when they're at least 60% off, though usually we wait until the discount is even higher... And I'm apparently the resident "fake CAG" for a few reasons, one of which being that for a while I was posting discounts that weren't all that significant (i.e GOG's "new release" discounts).

So there ya go, mate... :boxing:[/quote]

I usually don't pay attention to the Gog threads but I've been waiting to not pay six bucks for redneck rampage forever. I'll gladly take your fake title for only three bucks. Thanks for explaining though.

I usually don't pay attention to the Gog threads but I've been waiting to not pay six bucks for redneck rampage forever. I'll gladly take your fake title for only three bucks. Thanks for explaining though.
Well, I'll forgive you this time (as you seem to be fairly new and haven't visited/posted in the GOG thread before), but DON'T LET IT HAPPEN AGAIN, okay?!!

Or else if you do, I'll send the CAG police after you, and I don't think you want The End them to come a knockin'... :twoguns:

How come RCT1 + 2 ain't on Steam...?
So you can't write about the evils of CEG.

I totally get that (well not that exact game, but waiting for some GOG rarely puts on sale). Don't worry, it's not like you're getting excited about sub-50% sales on new games. :mrgreen:

I'd pay good money steambux for CEG.
Well, that's fine, as long your Steambucks don't originally come your own pocket (i.e. Steam gift cards given to you for your birthday are a-okay).

Otherwise, we might start to question your loyalty to the Cult of Anti-DRM, and surely you wouldn't want THAT, now, would you, dearie? :twisted:

Well, that's fine, as long your Steambucks don't originally come your own pocket (i.e. Steam gift cards given to you for your birthday are a-okay).

Otherwise, we might start to question your loyalty to the Cult of Anti-DRM, and surely you wouldn't want THAT, now, would you, dearie? :twisted:
1191895923963.jpg

We're all members of the PC Gaming Cult.

EDIT:

Did you eventually add the RCT1 GOG-version as a Non-Steam Game? ;)

Wait, Ashes is part of the anti-DRM brigade? I think you're missing the different layers there are to saying "I hate DRM", as I find it hard to imagine someone nearing 1k Steam games could say with a straight face the are entirely against DRM.

Wait, Ashes is part of the anti-DRM brigade? I think you're missing the different layers there are to saying "I hate DRM", as I find it hard to imagine someone nearing 1k Steam games could say with a straight face the are entirely against DRM.
I'd guess if RTC1 hit Steam, she'd get it.

The joke was because most people in this thread tend to pick up GOG games when they're at least 60% off, though usually we wait until the discount is even higher... And I'm apparently the resident "fake CAG" for a few reasons, one of which being that for a while I was posting discounts that weren't all that significant (i.e GOG's "new release" discounts).

So there ya go, mate... :boxing:
This is the Video Game Deals forum, boyo. We're ALL fake CAGs here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAw2c25eG_o

Well, that's completely and utterly understandable, considering how god-awful this game is...
2deep4me

Grabbed RCT1 though. Hard to pass up for $1.19, and every once in awhile the little nostalgic part of me likes scratching my eyeballs with low resolutions and walls of pixels. Speaking of which, I should really fire up Caesar 2 again.

2deep4me

Grabbed RCT1 though. Hard to pass up for $1.19, and every once in awhile the little nostalgic part of me likes scratching my eyeballs with low resolutions and walls of pixels. Speaking of which, I should really fire up Caesar 2 again.
Is there a point to getting RCT2 if ima gonna grab RCT1? or just more of the same?

RCT2 is a more refined version of RCT1. Get RCT2 and skip RCT1. There are user-made packs that remake RCT1 scenarios for RCT2.

RCT2 is a masterpiece. Get it.

Is anybody else über excited for the *NEW* Tex Murphy game?   :D/ 

Also, not that it even matters to anyone here, but it is 10% off if you pre-order it.

EDIT: Also, it seems that the only way (at the present moment) to obtain the soundtrack for the game is to pre-order it, which to be blunt, makes me want to tell Big Finish Games to "sod off" for committing such an atrocity to game music everywhere...  

My only hope is that *at least* they will make it available as a DLC on the GOG site (which, if they do so, I believe will be the first DLC on GOG that just gives you JUST a soundtrack).

bread's done
Back