Wing Commander 1+2 - $2.39
Wing Commander 3 Heart of the Tiger - $2.39
Wing Commander 4: The Price of Freedom - $2.39
Wing Commander 5: Prophecy Gold Edition - $2.39
Wing Commander: Academy - $2.39
Wing Commander: Armada - $2.39
Wing Commander : Privateer - $2.39

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice to see I own a LOT of those EA games, will wait for 75% for the rest of it.

Looking forward to GK series tomorrow, to complete my collection (I own the beast within on retail, but don't even want to try installing it on Win 7... Or any other OS, to many CDs!

I've had the first two Divinity games on my GOG wishlist for a while now and am "this" close to buying them.  Does anyone own these on Steam?  I'm curious if it matters where I buy them or if these DRM free versions are the better purchase.

Has anyone played the Kyrandia games lately, they look interesting but not sure.

Will likely get Privateer 2 anyway.....and maybe jade empire....is the Steam version broken....I remember reading it was a while back...maybe divinity games as well sans the newest since I already own it.

I've had the first two Divinity games on my GOG wishlist for a while now and am "this" close to buying them. Does anyone own these on Steam? I'm curious if it matters where I buy them or if these DRM free versions are the better purchase.
I know you already got some feedback in the Steam thread, but, for what it's worth, GOG versions of old games typically include some non-game extras. For instance, the Divinity games include some (very short) novellas, digital copies of the original manuals, the soundtracks, some art, and the tech demo of the original concept that eventually became Divine Divinity.

Not sure if any of that kinda stuff matters to you.

EA sure is good at buying developers who made good games!
Yes, but for better or worse, they're not so good at *actually* making good games, themselves...

Has anyone played the Kyrandia games lately, they look interesting but not sure.

Will likely get Privateer 2 anyway.....and maybe jade empire....is the Steam version broken....I remember reading it was a while back...maybe divinity games as well sans the newest since I already own it
The Kyrandia series is one of my favorite adventure game series of all time, and if you want my two cents; buy it... just get it now (or, wait until it's 75% off). It's aged very well, and indeed it's still quite a brilliant game.

As for Jade Empire, yes, the Steam version is broken, at least for Windows 7 users like myself.

Does EA actually HAVE any development teams left that weren't bought, or descended from companies that were bought?
disturbed.gif

Does EA actually HAVE any development teams left that weren't bought, or descended from companies that were bought?
Also, I will say that the BEST career choice I ever made was by far that of Leaving Origin before they were absorbed by Electronic Arts.

EDIT: To any budding game developers out there: If you or your company are ever given an offer to be bought out by EA, JUMP SHIP IMMEDIATELY (or Activision/Ubisoft, but to a much lesser degree).

Also, I will say that the BEST career choice I ever made was by far that of Leaving Origin before they were absorbed by Electronic Arts.

EDIT: To any budding game developers out there: If you or your company are ever given an offer to be bought out by EA, JUMP SHIP IMMEDIATELY (or Activision/Ubisoft, but to a much lesser degree).
I'm still mad about them killing Pandemic, they only got to make two games after EA bought them.

I'm still mad about them killing Pandemic, they only got to make two games after EA bought them.
Amen.

EA also dismantled Origin + BullFrog + WestWood.

To keep the train going...game/franchise talks - BioWare's ME3 ending (Before Extended Cut) was underwhelming; DA2 disappointed a lot of fans; and nobody has ever even made a System Shock 3.

And, oh yeah - where the hell is Jade Empire 2?

Battle Of The Games - Final Day (48 Hours)

Winners 75% off

Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers - $1.49

[SIZE=12pt]    Gabriel Knight 2: The Beast Within - $1.49[/SIZE]

Gabriel Knight 3: Blood of the Sacred, Blood of the Damned - $1.49

Defeated 60% off

Resonance - $3.99
    Gemini Rue - $3.99
    Blackwell Bundle - $5.99

And we also have a recap of the previous 5 days.

Winners 75% off
    Anomaly Warzone Earth - $2.49

Beyond Divinity - $1.49
    Caesar 3 - $1.49
    Defender's Quest - $3.74
    Divine Divinity - $1.49
    Divinity 2: Developer's Cut - $4.99

PixelJunk Monsters HD - $1.99

Pharaoh + Cleopatra - $2.49
    Unreal 2: The Awakening SE - $2.49
    Unreal Gold - $2.49
    Unreal Tournament GOTY - $2.49

Zeus + Poseidon (Acropolis) - $2.49

Defeated 60% off
    Chaser - $2.39
    Gothic 2: Gold Edition - $3.99
    Gothic 3 - $3.99
    Gothic 3: Forsaken Gods - $3.99

Empire Earth: Gold Edition - $2.39

Empire Earth 2 Gold Edition - $3.99
    Empire Earth 3 - $3.99

Ethan: Meteor Hunter - $3.99
    Guacamelee! Gold Edition - $5.99
    Mr. Bree+ - $3.99

Red Faction - $3.99
    Red Faction 2 - $3.99

"Honorable Mentions"

50% Off Blackguards Special Edition - $22.49

75% Off Heroes of Might and Magic - $2.49
75% Off Heroes of Might and Magic 2: Gold - $2.49
75% Off Heroes of Might and Magic 3: Complete - $2.49
80% Off Witcher: Enhanced Edition, The - $1.99

80% Off Witcher 2: Assassins Of Kings, The - $3.99

Gah! See, I was all frugal and was able to just buy Pharoah+Cleopatra when it was on sale, and skipped Caesar III. But now Caesar III is back on sale, and I bought it.

Oh well, I couldn't help it. I played Caesar II to death when I was younger. I have to sate my nostalgia fix now and then.

Gah! See, I was all frugal and was able to just buy Pharoah+Cleopatra when it was on sale, and skipped Caesar III. But now Caesar III is back on sale, and I bought it.

Oh well, I couldn't help it. I played Caesar II to death when I was younger. I have to sate my nostalgia fix now and then.
They are making me reconsider P+C and Zeus after I complained that they are both $2.49 and not $1.49 like Caesar. I also have to decide if I want the first two Divinity games on Gog or Steam. Again.

They are making me reconsider P+C and Zeus after I complained that they are both $2.49 and not $1.49 like Caesar. I also have to decide if I want the first two Divinity games on Gog or Steam. Again.
Which Divinity games?

I do have Divinity 2: Director's Cut on Steam. I was bored, so I checked the Steam-version out - and actually downloaded it. Granted, you'll have to download it first from Steam, obviously - so you'll need Steam to at least do that much.

But just so you know, that game can be booted from the game-folder w/out Steam running - and it will NOT force the Steam client-program to boot; since it does NOT come equipped w/ Steam's CEG (DRM). No surprise really, given how Larian is often anti-DRM and speaks against it so frequently.

And Div 2: DC Steam-version was saving somewhere locally on my HDD, when I did a save - I just don't know exactly where! Something I should look into.

I can't speak on Steam-versions of Divine Divinity + Beyond Divinity, though.

I don't know if those come w/ CEG or not - maybe someone else who has them on Steam could actually test it and answer that question? (i.e. close Steam out; go to game folder; run game's EXE; see if Steam client-program boots-up).

I have DD from Retail (before Remastered Ed's came out); and DD Remastered Ed's on GameStop PC Download + GoG.

And I also have BD from Retail + GreenManGaming (it was FREE on GMG once).

EDIT:

The real reason to get any of the Divinity games on GoG is - you know you'll for sure get them DRM-FREE and also whatever extras + goodies GoG is giving away.

If you feel so inclined - you could add those EXE's as Non-Steam games onto Steam, if you so desire.

(I do this w/ most Non-Steam games, since I live on Steam).

The reason you'd want Divinity games on Steam is - if the games support any of the typical Steam benefits (game time tracking; Steam Achievements if supported; Steam Cloud support if it supported; etc etc). Worth checking each game's page on Steam, to see what is supported there.

Might be worth checking into, to see which way you think you should go here.

Which Divinity games?

I do have Divinity 2: Director's Cut on Steam. I was bored, so I checked the Steam-version out - and actually downloaded it. Granted, you'll have to download it first from Steam, obviously - so you'll need Steam to at least do that much.

But just so you know, that game can be booted from the game-folder w/out Steam running - and it will NOT force the Steam client-program to boot; since it does NOT come equipped w/ Steam's CEG (DRM). No surprise really, given how Larian is often anti-DRM and speaks against it so frequently.

And Div 2: DC Steam-version was saving somewhere locally on my HDD, when I did a save - I just don't know exactly where! Something I should look into.

I can't speak on Steam-versions of Divine Divinity + Beyond Divinity, though.

I don't know if those come w/ CEG or not - maybe someone else who has them on Steam could actually test it and answer that question? (i.e. close Steam out; go to game folder; run game's EXE; see if Steam client-program boots-up).

I have DD from Retail (before Remastered Ed's came out); and DD Remastered Ed's on GameStop PC Download + GoG.

And I also have BD from Retail + GreenManGaming (it was FREE on GMG once).

EDIT:

The real reason to get any of the Divinity games on GoG is - you know you'll for sure get them DRM-FREE and also whatever extras + goodies GoG is giving away.

If you feel so inclined - you could add those EXE's as Non-Steam games onto Steam, if you so desire.

(I do this w/ most Non-Steam games, since I live on Steam).

The reason you'd want Divinity games on Steam is - if the games support any of the typical Steam benefits (game time tracking; Steam Achievements if supported; Steam Cloud support if it supported; etc etc). Worth checking each game's page on Steam, to see what is supported there.

Might be worth checking into, to see which way you think you should go here.
I need Divine and Beyond (already have II). The Gog extras are nice and for some reason it just seems right to own the classics on Gog for purists sake. My version of II is Steam though so maybe I want the whole collection there. I don't know. If I wait until the sale is over then I won't have to decide. :D

Everytime i see this thread i curse at GoG. I love their games and sales, but why can't they make a NA branch? My cards can't be charged overseas, not even through paypal. Even if they could, i would get the paypal foreign transaction fee.

Everytime i see this thread i curse at GoG. I love their games and sales, but why can't they make a NA branch? My cards can't be charged overseas, not even through paypal. Even if they could, i would get the paypal foreign transaction fee.
Just do what I do, and create a secondary PayPal account, to which you can send money from your primary one. By doing so (and paying via your secondary account's "PayPal balance", you avoid ALL foreign transaction fees).

More importantly, however, this also completely nullifies the need for GOG to create a NA office, which by being based completely outside of the States, effectively allows them to avoid the de facto DRM that US game retailers are *cough cough* legally forced to tack on.

That's completely unacceptable. That key was supposed to be good until February 2015.
Well, if that's true I guess I should complain to GOG. I imagine their customer service is probably pretty good but I have zero experience with it.

Spoder, where did you read that the keys were invalidated?

Well, if that's true I guess I should complain to GOG. I imagine their customer service is probably pretty good but I have zero experience with it.

Spoder, where did you read that the keys were invalidated?
I saw a couple users confirm it on the GOG forum. It wasn't officially announced or anything.

It might be possible that they'll reactivate the keys, I don't know for sure what they're planning.

I'm really a terrible person. I had Dracula 4 on my GOG wishlist just to complete the series, saw it was on sale with 5 included for 75% off, and decided to buy it.

I'm pretty good about using my keys in bundles but somehow never redeemed, or even realized, that I had the GOG key from IG Crapsule. As JCAII mentioned, maybe the novelty of a GOG key overwhelmed me and I never redeemed it.

Why would you boot up a game and then leave?

Dumbass.
What I mean is....

You don't have to sign into Steam, Origin, or any other client - that also often acts as DRM.

Or, you don't have to input a code and activate your game via some server b/c the publisher and/or dev' threw some garbage like Tages or Securom in your way.

bread's done
Back