GOG Deals Thread

Sam & Max Save The World (Season 1) is up right now. $2.99 with about 400 left. 600(?) total.

Got a free gift copy if anyone wants it. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Sam & Max Save The World is up right now. $2.99 with about 400 left.

Got a free gift copy if anyone wants it. :)
I've already been on the receiving end of a couple of free keys during this sale, and I would feel guilty if I took another,as it would not let somebody else have a chance... So, thanks, but no thanks.

Yes i do, I played System Shock 2 for a little bit but never played the first one.
Well, considering when the original came out, you wouldn't have been old enough to play it. Seeing as System Shock 2 is the only one of the series actually on GOG, that's *kind of* understandable, all things considered.

Still, you do know it's really not all too difficult to download an ISO of the original System Shock from Abandonia or somewhere, and manually set up a DOSBox config to run it, right?

Thanks for the Downfall critique, talkinrock. I've still got the rest of the weekend to mull it over, but I'm leaning towards giving it a shot. I liked the vibe The Cat Lady had going for it more than anything. While voice acting would be nice, I can live without it.

@The End, oh humble lord and master of the GOG thread,

Could you please find it in your heart to possibly re-post the list with the last few remaining games?

Much thanks, indeed!   :bow:

@The End, oh humble lord and master of the GOG thread,

Could you please find it in your heart to possibly re-post the list with the last few remaining games?

Much thanks, indeed! :bow:
Come on, talkin, it's just two pages back.

I hate you GOG

Sam & Max Beyond Time and Space $2.99 - 90% off (700)

And the remaining games.

Alan Wake's American Nightmare
Betrayal at Krondor Pack
Edna & Harvey: Harvey's New Eyes
FTL: Advanced Edition
Pid
Sam & Max Save the World
Assuming this list is correct, we've only got Betrayal at Krondor, Edna & Harvey, and FTL left. I won't jinx things by hoping for them or assuming that things will take certain amount of time.

I played Fallout 3 without playing 1, 2 or Tactics :razz: (it's technically the sequel...according to wiki)
*Technically*, but as is the way wikis were intended to function, people can say whatever they want...

However, Fallout 3 and New Vegas may, in fact, be in the same universe as Fallout 1, 2, and Tactics (the latter of which deserves more credit than people give it)—and follow most of the same lore—but even calling the Bethesda ones "spiritual successors" would be a bit of a stretch. They are for the most part entirely separate genres, and while Bethesda's games may, indeed, be fantastic, there is a concrete difference between the newer ones, and the originals made by Interplay (with the latest two just having the "Fallout" brand stamped on and occasionally embedded in the game).

Come on, talkin, it's just two pages back.

Assuming this list is correct, we've only got Betrayal at Krondor, Edna & Harvey, and FTL left. I won't jinx things by hoping for them or assuming that things will take certain amount of time.
The backlight went out on my Gentoo notebook's monitor earlier, so I'm having to shine a flashlight at the screen, and use voice control to type out my posts. Please forgive me if I can't even see where the page links are at the top of the page.

ALSO, if I miss it, could somebody please pick me up a copy of Betrayal at Krondor? There were others who were looking for it, too, correct?

The backlight went out on my Gentoo notebook's monitor earlier, so I'm having to shine a flashlight at the screen, and use voice control to type out my posts. Please forgive me if I can't even see where the page links are at the top of the page.

ALSO, if I miss it, could somebody please pick me up a copy of Betrayal at Krondor? There were others who were looking for it, too, correct?
talkinrock, you need to get new, nonsucky computer hardware. I'm tired of you using that as an excuse for your laziness. :nottalking:

Anyone have an opinion on Waxworks? Old as fuck and looks like a total mess... but I'm curious.

Eh, I don't consider CR to be "explicit" in the sense that act of the pioneer forcing himself upon the Native woman is graphically pixelat[background=#23252b]— [/background][background=#23252b] Yeah, I don't even feel comfortable making light of rape, even in YCS. [/background]

[background=#23252b]Although, due to Mystique's, erm, "unique" idea for a "game" (for lack of a better phrase), Custer's Revenge has become somewhat of a desired collectable in this day and age (albeit a niche and FBI-watchlist-inducing one). Given that I've been in the industry since '82, I have amassed quite a collection of physical games, many from developer trades shows, and others that I have picked up along the way. Among those are two copies of Custer's Revenge. [/background][background=#23252b]The first is your "average condition" 2600 cartridge with a faded label... [/background]

[background=#23252b]The other one though, is sitting above my desk, on a shelf protected by a sheet of museum glass: The CR cartridge is in the original box... with the sticker seal still in tact. :cool:[/background][background=#23252b] [/background]
"Andrea Dworkin claimed the game "generated many gang rapes of Native American women.""

Definitely.

custer1178927275.gif

There's a remake of it as well. Since you're a serious collector, you should have that too.

Thanks! One of my daughters thoroughly enjoyed Kingdom: Elemental several years back, and she probably has, oh, I don't know, around 400 hours clocked on that game.

So, ironically, without even knowing the game fhat which the key redeemed, I applied it to her Steam account (i.e. the account on the Windows gaming rig/server in our sitting room, which I am using right now).
How hot is she while she's playing it? Scale of 1 to 10.

And they're gone. Hopefully somebody managed to grab some for the absentees, I could barely get one for myself.

FTL: Advanced is up now at $3.39, 1050 of 'em. According to the list, this is the last one.

I didn't even manage to get one for myself... :whistle2:(
It sucks that they only had 200 of them, but it's really surprising they went this fast at this time of day. I think that's the fastest I've seen a title move during the (American) nighttime hours since the end of the first round.

I guess I shouldn't have spent that time typing. I probably could have grabbed three copies if I had just focused on buying instead writing about it.

Well, considering when the original came out, you wouldn't have been old enough to play it. Seeing as System Shock 2 is the only one of the series actually on GOG, that's *kind of* understandable, all things considered.

Still, you do know it's really not all too difficult to download an ISO of the original System Shock from Abandonia or somewhere, and manually set up a DOSBox config to run it, right?
There's a patched up version that's easy to find.... but my System Shock (1) CD is about two feet from my right knee. I was glorious back then on my 486, and full 3D (unlike that 2.5D garbage).

I played Fallout 3 without playing 1, 2 or Tactics :razz: (it's technically the sequel...according to wiki)
So you played Brotherhood of Steel? ;)

There's a patched up version that's easy to find....
Funny that you mention the fan-patched version of System Shock, Ashes, because I installed that on my PC over a year ago, and just got around to playing it last weekend. 8-[

#PartiallyFakeCAG

Abandonia. What a great site. I used to download a ton of classics from there, underdogs and others. Then came GOG... I'm even buying games I already have (boxed)

Abandonia. What a great site. I used to download a ton of classics from there, underdogs and others. Then came GOG... I'm even buying games I already have (boxed)
It's as if the monks over at GOG have some sort of mind control technique, where by being extraordinarily personable and entirely involved with their customer-base, it somehow makes us feel all warm and fuzzy inside about Good Old Poland. :bouncy:

Man, fuck Poland. I'm on to their mind games.

EDIT:
I'm out for the night. Somebody tell me if something funky happens after FTL.

It's as if the monks over at GOG have some sort of mind control technique, where by being extraordinarily personable and entirely involved with their customer-base, it somehow makes us feel all warm and fuzzy inside about Good Old Poland. :bouncy:
True. And the shelves. It's the shelves and the boxes. I just love looking at them. It will be amazing if they make each "box" an exact representation of the original one. Publishers did crazy boxes back then!

Betrayal at Krondor Pack, $1.49. Started with 200, but they're going really fast for this time of night.
:'(

Sure, this one had to happen while I was freakin' sleeping.

Thanks a lot, GOG.

Anyone pick up an extra?

EDIT:

fuck you GOG for running the one game that I was interested in while I was asleep.
Yeah, no crap.

WTF, GOG?

I think the re-buying happens for a few reasons.

GOG offers DRM-FREE games; if you don't wanna deal w/ disc-DRM or (unofficial) cracks, then GOG got you covered.

Also, GOG especially often offers up extras goodies (like soundtracks) and everything there in its most-patched-up state already (if the game's old).

Also, GOG will work their magic - they'll do it themselves so that old games run and works properly on modern OS's, as well.

That's, of course - if they dev's, pub's, or IP owner just won't do that for them.

Makes you not wanna go dig out discs, any patches files you save on disc, or go look online for patches for your game.

Okay, since Insomnia Sale's Over, time for breaking out your GOG Insomnia Sale Hauls.

MysterD's GOG Spring Insomnia Sale 2014 Listl:

Haul - BOUGHT:

Race The Sun

Wasteland 1

Blade of Darkness

Evil Genius

Riven

The Bard's Tale

Hitman: Codename 47

Missed Out On; OR Passed On When I Saw It + Now Regret It:

Pirates: Gold Plus Edition - passed one time; then missed out on in final round.

Betrayal At Kondor pack - missed.

BOUGHT:

• Betrayal at Krondor pack
  • Swat 3
  • Theme Park
  • Heretic Kingdoms
  • VtM: Redemption
  • Race the Sun
  • Interstate '76
  • Pirates Gold
MISSED:

• Quest for Glory pack

BOUGHT
  • Leisure Suit Larry: Love For Sail
  • Pirates Gold
  • Police Quest 1-4
  • Quest For Glory 1-5
  • Space Quest 4-6
GIVEN TO ME
  • Heretic Kingdoms
MISSED
  • King's Quest 4-6

Heh, sorry for so many noob questions; but since I just missed yesterday's sales, I'm kind of interested in both of the games today - any opinions on price and quality of the games? Thanks!
I really liked Fahrenheit (Uncut) / Indigo Prophecy (censored) A LOT...

....until the last 1/3rd of the game. It falls apart by the end, IMHO.

In the last 1/3, Fahrenheit/Indigo becomes way more action-esque and loaded w/ QTE's (Quick-Time Events); the story also gets bizarre, supernatural, and ridiculous (especially when compared to the other 1st 2/3rd's of the game); and certain story elements are VERY predictable and cringe-worthy.

If you are looking for price comparisons, you should bookmark ITAD.

According to ITAD...

Fahrenheit (Uncut Version - AO rated by ESRB) has been $2.39 before on GOG -> http://isthereanydeal.com/#/page:game/info?plain=fahrenheitindigoprophecy

Indigo Prophecy (censored - M-rated by ESRB) has been more expensive elsewhere -> http://isthereanydeal.com/#/page:game/info?plain=indigoprophecy

I'd say if you're willing to buy it,I'd say to get it uncut from GOG.

[SIDE NOTE - I bought this years ago from retail, as Indigo - when it was cheap; so I played that version. It was much cheaper to buy that version back and easier to find in the States; while Gogamer was one of the few prices that had Fahrenheit (uncensored) version and Imported it - and normally kept its price HIGH b/c of that.]

Picked up Betrayal at Krondor, Capitalism 2, and Police Quest.   Didn't buy much as previous Insomnias, but that's probably a good thing.  Completely checked out during the third round, which helped.  Staring at that countdown is hard on my impulses.

Picked up Betrayal at Krondor, Capitalism 2, and Police Quest. Didn't buy much as previous Insomnias, but that's probably a good thing. Completely checked out during the third round, which helped. Staring at that countdown is hard on my impulses.
Nice @ Krondor.

I wish I could've been awake for that!

BOUGHT

• Leisure Suit Larry: Love For Sail
  • Pirates Gold
  • Police Quest 1-4
  • Quest For Glory 1-5
  • Space Quest 4-6
GIVEN TO ME
  • Heretic Kingdoms
MISSED
  • King's Quest 4-6
Oooh, we're doing MISSED Lists?

I need to EDIT my list then!

EDIT:

Updated!

I hate to say I predicted the BoK going up while sleeping but I did. Too bad only 200 copies were available. Decent sale though, and next time I really hope they normalize the amount of copies of each game to keep the thing hopefully moving at a good rate, or if a game hasn't sold out within x amount of time, it will skip, though it could come up later just with less copies. Now to decide on this weekend sale.....

I think the re-buying happens for a few reasons.

GOG offers DRM-FREE games; if you don't wanna deal w/ disc-DRM or (unofficial) cracks, then GOG got you covered.

Also, GOG especially often offers up extras goodies (like soundtracks) and everything there in its most-patched-up state already (if the game's old).

Also, GOG will work their magic - they'll do it themselves so that old games run and works properly on modern OS's, as well.
That's, of course - if they dev's, pub's, or IP owner just won't do that for them.

Makes you not wanna go dig out discs, any patches files you save on disc, or go look online for patches for your game.
Hey, um, MysterD? Just out of curiosity, why exactly did you quote a post from 2 years ago, and (no ill will or facetiousness intended, here) how does this post have to do with the Insomnia sale, precisely?

Or is this some kind of running in joke here at CAG, and I don't just simply don't understand it? :p

EDIT: MysterD, if you're under duress, and this is some kind of cryptic message, tap three times on the backslash key. If you're being tied up, then press on the backslash key four times. If it's just an overattached girlfriend/boyfriend whom won't let you leave his/her flat after you broke up with them, then tap on backslash five times. UNDERSTOOD?

Hey, um, MysterD? Just out of curiosity, why exactly did you quote a post from 2 years ago, and (no ill will or facetiousness intended, here) how does this post have to do with the Insomnia sale, precisely?

Or is this some kind of running in joke here at CAG, and I don't just simply don't understand it?
Don't try to understand MysterD, it's lost cause.

Don't try to understand MysterD, it's lost cause.
Well, the same could be said for you at times, Shuriken Rodent.

Also, MysterD is actually one of the most sane of the denizens here in the GOG thread...

Although, to be honest, considering each and every one of us is so far off our trolleys, that doesn't really mean much, anyway.

Or is this some kind of running in joke here at CAG, and I don't just simply don't understand it? :p

EDIT: MysterD, if you're under duress, and this is some kind of cryptic message, tap three times on the backslash key. If you're being tied up, then press on the backslash key four times. If it's just an overattached girlfriend/boyfriend whom won't let you leave his/her flat after you broke up with them, then tap on backslash five times. UNDERSTOOD?
I might've thought I was on the last page - and well, I wasn't.

{shrug}

Maybe I am losing it...

BTW - did you pick-up extra copy of Krondor pack?

Also, MysterD is actually one of the most sane of the denizens here in the GOG thread...
KLyJGLZ.gif
I edited my previous post to properly reflect the consensus on MysterD's level of sanity.

I might've thought I was on the last page - and well, I wasn't.

{shrug}

Maybe I am losing it...

BTW - did you pick-up extra copy of Krondor pack?
1.) That first sentence; what in bloody hell are you trying to say, boyo?

2.) Going by your first sentence, you are either piss drunk and plastered, or you already have lost it.

3.) Since you are too lazy to go back a few pages to read the post I wrote when the (minute-long) sale was happening, I'll say it again: It went by so quickly, that by the time I realised Krondor was even on sale, I didn't even have time to pick a copy up for myself.

bread's done
Back