GOG Deals Thread

Do you know of any games about smashing toasters? That's something I could get behind.
Shoot Many Toasters

ss_f58a99d10d6111c7d1ab8c7dfccadc817ddcb4a1.600x338.jpg

Had a ton of fun.  

Here is my haul.  

Long Live the Queen
Last Express 
Quest for Glory 1-5
Heretic 
11th Hour 

Trine 2 
Smugglers 5
Erica Reid
Ring Runner (Buyers regret)
Sam and Max Season 3 (I already owned it on Steam - face palm.)

It was neat to buy new games that I had not heard of before.  (Eric Reid, Heretic, Long Live the Queen, Smugglers 5.)  Lots of fun!!

Haul

Long Live the Queen

Police Quest 1-4

Missed on LSL but it will go on sale again so not too bothered. 

Also have a copy of Long Live the Queen to trade left.

Haul

Long Live the Queen

Police Quest 1-4

Missed on LSL but it will go on sale again so not too bothered.

Also have a copy of Long Live the Queen to trade left.
Skipped LSL after a lot of consideration even though I grabbed the LSL pack in the last insomnia sale.

Grabbed all the other Sierra adventures in this sale as well as Pirates! Gold.

Bought:

VtM Redemption

Race the Sun

Arcanum

Heretic Kingdoms: Inquisition

Good enough for me. Thought about Wasteland, but I guess I'd rather have it on Steam, and those graphics are a little hard to get over. I've played much worse (hell, I used to play ASCII RPGs all the time), but eh...

I picked up:

Heretic Kingdom

Pirates Gold

Time Commando

Race the Sun

Vampire the whatever

Interstate 76

LBA

Betrayal at Krondor

I don't plan on playing any

Bought:
VtM Redemption
Race the Sun
Arcanum
Heretic Kingdoms: Inquisition

Good enough for me. Thought about Wasteland, but I guess I'd rather have it on Steam, and those graphics are a little hard to get over. I've played much worse (hell, I used to play ASCII RPGs all the time), but eh...
Honestly, I prefer ASCII graphics to a lot of spritework from that era.

Bought:

Space Quest

Interstate 76

FTL

Vampire

Warlords Battlecry 3

Sam and Max Beyond Time and Space

Kings Quest

Police Quest

Heretic Kingdoms

Smugglers V

Valdis Story

Bards Tale

Sam and Max Save the World

Arcanum

Missed: Nothing

But also:

I don't plan on playing any
this will probably happen.

Last edited by a moderator:
Haul:

Heretic Kingdoms

Shadow Man

11th Hour

Missed:

Vampire the Masquerade

Fun sale and filled in some missing pieces in my GOG collection. I don't think i'll get to them right away but I really feel like playing an Apogee platformer...I think and luckily many are on sale this weekend...oh my virtual shelf....it's going to grow.

Bought:

Ring Runner

Vampire: The Masquerade

Arcanum

Missed:

Shadowrun Returns

Krondor

Already have a lot of other stuff, like all the Quest games.

Runaway is a lot of fun.  At times the puzzles are stupid, but the writing is pretty funny.  Graphics are well done.  

On another note - Smugglers 5 is a great game.  I think I played one of the early version back in the day.  Loving it right now.  So my success rate is around 70% so far!!

Hey, um, MysterD? Just out of curiosity, why exactly did you quote a post from 2 years ago, and (no ill will or facetiousness intended, here) how does this post have to do with the Insomnia sale, precisely?

Or is this some kind of running in joke here at CAG, and I don't just simply don't understand it? :p

EDIT: MysterD, if you're under duress, and this is some kind of cryptic message, tap three times on the backslash key. If you're being tied up, then press on the backslash key four times. If it's just an overattached girlfriend/boyfriend whom won't let you leave his/her flat after you broke up with them, then tap on backslash five times. UNDERSTOOD?
deal_with_it-macro-meme-rainbow_dash-shrug-shrugpony.png

what's wrong with that? I do it all the time. :D
moonshine, breakfast of champions
word of the day: horticulture
You can lead a horticulture but you can't make her think.

Now that the dust has settled from the gut-wrenching Spring Insomnia Riots of '14, I want to say a hearty "kudos" and note of appreciation to simpsonps121 and talkinrock for doing the lion's share of shepherding us through the sale and helping folks out (including me) with things they were hunting. 

I loved it.  I enjoy CAG, and this was probably the most fun I have had with CAG in 10+ years!!  Thanks to those that picked up games for me!!  

Uh, Smugglers V has now hit the rinse, repeat cycle with me.  Still fun, but trying to figure a way to make it exciting...  

Now that the dust has settled from the gut-wrenching Spring Insomnia Riots of '14, I want to say a hearty "kudos" and note of appreciation to simpsonps121 and talkinrock for doing the lion's share of shepherding us through the sale and helping folks out (including me) with things they were hunting.
I've been hunting for pics of his daughter and he hasn't helped me out, so I think giving him thanks is a little premature.

I loved it. I enjoy CAG, and this was probably the most fun I have had with CAG in 10+ years!! Thanks to those that picked up games for me!!

Uh, Smugglers V has now hit the rinse, repeat cycle with me. Still fun, but trying to figure a way to make it exciting...
Ouch Smugglers V is supposed to be a play forever game....makes me sad.

Eyeing that Dracula trilogy but I'm afraid it might not have aged well in the last 15 years.
Same here it's fun playing the old games though....I recently played a bit of an Apogee platformer and it was hard as heck....I was having fun though and I know it's aged but I can still play it (now if it's aged and barely playable I would skip it anyday). Adventure games age a bit better than other genres though (possibly sans the text adventure games with typing everything you would do, though I still find those fun).

Same here it's fun playing the old games though....I recently played a bit of an Apogee plat former and it was hard as heck....I was having fun though and I know it's aged but I can still play it (now if it's aged and barely playable I would skip it anyday). Adventure games age a bit better than other genres though (possibly sans the text adventure games with typing everything you would do, though I still find those fun).
lol...that's how I felt playing the first Duke Nukem recently... like... damn this is hard as heck.

I'm tempted by the Dracula games but only because I have 4 and 5 on GOG too.

Ouch Smugglers V is supposed to be a play forever game....makes me sad.
Continued review - I am still playing it. Little things continue to make it interesting. I am trying to increase in rank to take over a fleet... I wonder if I can begin to conquer the map...

If they would have made the wars dynamic, that would have been all that they needed. Right now you can win a system, and it really does not matter.

It is a pretty good story.  But I hate QTE with a touch pad...  groan...  

A couple of other things...
1.  Don't read anything about it.  Don't read a review, or preview...  don't go to their website to read ANYTHING.  I did, and it gave away a huge plot point.  BOOO on them....  
2.  Some of the graphics are not in sync.  While digging the dirt was not in the shovel.  Sort of funny...  just flew through the air and hit the ground.  I don't care, but it exists.
3.  Logic fails at some points.  Just because you have an item and it is logical, does not mean that it will work.  
For instance (Not really in the game) the thief sets a trap where you are going to trip over a wire.  You have wire cutters... and you can see the wire... but you can not get the option to cut the wire.  

The game wants to take you down a certain path.  That is fine with me, but you must purely think of the game as a glorified visual novel.  I am interested in the other games by Phoenix Online though.  The graphics are very well done.  

bread's done
Back