GOG Deals Thread

Witcher Adventure Game...  Downloaded it...  Realized it was online only, and never touched it.   I get tons of beta's for online games...  I think the word is out...  He is fodder... give him a beta so we can crush him....  

Anyone played Samaritans' Paradox?  Looks interesting...  

Remember when GOG gave away a trijillion free copies of Fallout 1 & 2 not at all because the license was about to change hands and they were going to lose their right to sell them?
Regardless of why GoG gave them away: I hope everybody missing Fallout 1 + 2 got them.

Those games are freaking great.

Witcher Adventure Game... Downloaded it... Realized it was online only, and never touched it. I get tons of beta's for online games... I think the word is out... He is fodder... give him a beta so we can crush him....

Anyone played Samaritans' Paradox? Looks interesting...
If you like adventure games (or Sweden) in any way, shape, or form, then just buy Samaritan's Paradox, no questions asked... If you're a point n' click fan, you'll enjoy it; I promise you that much. ;)

Is it just me or is GOG kind of incredible with all the free stuff they give away? Most of it has been pretty good, and they don't have to do it. Now they're giving away Witcher 2 just for visiting the site?
Steam needs to giveaway copies of The Witcher 1 + 2 - just so I can have them damn things on Steam. ;)

BTW - I already have The Witcher 1 from Retail + GOG; and Witcher 2 from GOG.

I was going to make a joke about that lame digital game rental thing GG tried, but I don't even remember what it was called any more.

I was going to make a joke about that lame digital game rental thing GG tried, but I don't even remember what it was called any more.
It wasn't a Steam Free Weekend for Warlock 2, but probably more of a Steam Free Week - thanks to GG.

Or similar to EA's Free Game Time trials for their games.

EDIT:

I did forget about those because I got them for free when GOG first opened for business however many years ago. They were giving away an assortment of like ten free games - you were allowed to choose two or three and those were mine.

I guess I just really love GOG because it's how PC gaming should have been since the beginning. No CD keys, same prices worldwide - it's software, there's no reason why it should be more expensive in other places - you can download your games onto any computer you want or put them on a flash drive. I have a bunch of 40MB games I take to work with me and can play there. If you have any issues, they'll refund you. It's just old-fashioned and simple. GOG's a root beer compared to Steam's energy drink.
GOG's games probably cost more - b/c they have No DRM.

I feel DRM limits and devalues games - turning them into rentals or subscriptions. When you introduce DRM into a product - there's a good chance, I'm more likely to pay less for that product.

Last edited by a moderator:
I feel DRM limits and devalues games - turning them into rentals or subscriptions. When you introduce DRM into a product - there's a good chance, I'm more likely to pay less for that product.
This is pretty much the same way I view it. Sure, I like the classics, but to me the most important thing GOG does is provide a quality option for DRM-free games. I like that they are getting more new releases and will generally lean towards getting my games from there if I have the choice. The exceptions for me are the bundle fodder indie games. Bundles make buying indies individually seem insane.

GOG likes to take shits when I try to buy things from them....whats funny is my payments go through but I don't get the games added to my account...so I have to go through a fucking hassle of emailing support with my paypal transaction ID just for those dumb fucking swedes to add some shitty DRM free game to my account that I should have pirated to begin with..

Best part is it must be a common fucking occurrence because its a drop down on their support page.  Payment Processed but game not added to account

whats funny is my payments go through but I don't get the games added to my account...so I have to go through a fucking hassle of emailing support with my paypal transaction ID just for those dumb fucking swedes to add some shitty DRM free game to my account that I should have pirated to begin with..
You mean like "ha ha" funny?

yes because I like corresponding with Bjorn. He always make me laugh
Bjorn:

SWEDISH-CHEF-psd71677.png

EDIT: Also, what the hell were you buying?, this sale sucks so far...unless you got a stiffy for GOG then it's scrump-dilly-icious!

Bjorn:

SWEDISH-CHEF-psd71677.png

EDIT: Also, what the hell were you buying?, this sale sucks so far...unless you got a stiffy for GOG then it's scrump-dilly-icious!
I have a stiffy for +1ing my GoG account...and it was space colony hd

Basically when Europe invades the US and Steam dies I will be like

LOL 700 GOG games DRM FREE LOLOLOLOLOL

pass the tea

2014 Drm-Free Big Fall Sale (Day 2)

Daily Deals
Action Platformers Selection - $8.21(85% off)
Best of Bullfrog - $5.95(80% off)
OR
Dust: An Elysian Tail - $5.99(60% off)
Megabyte Punch - $5.99(60% off)
Unepic - $3.99(60% off)
Valdis Story: Abyssal City - $5.99(60% off)
Dungeon Keeper Gold - $2.39(60% off)
Dungeon Keeper 2 - $2.39(60% off)
Syndicate Plus - $2.39(60% off)
Syndicate Wars - $2.39(60% off)
Theme Hospital - $2.39(60% off)

Current Flash Sales

Ascendant - $2.49(75% off)

Screamer 4x4 - $1.49(75% off)

Defender's Quest - $2.99(80% off)

Triple Town - $2.49(75% off)

Sacred 2 Gold - $3.99(80% off)

Waking Mars - $1.99(80% off)

Torchlight - $3.79(75% off)

FTL: Advanced Edition - $3.39(66% off)

Deus Ex 2: Invisible War - $2.49(75% off)

I'll update the current flash deals a couple of times today.

Edit: Almost didn't add the movie but I did anyway since I said I'd post the current flash deals. Don't know maybe someone would actually want to buy it.

For anyone doing the Witcher 2 and free movie promotion, you have to actually click the + sign to get your stamp for the day. I didn't do that yesterday and feel quite silly now.

Gamersgate gave away Warlock 2! That counts, right?
um but they took it back tho so it doesnt count

I have a stiffy for +1ing my GoG account...and it was space colony hd

Basically when Europe invades the US and Steam dies I will be like

LOL 700 GOG games DRM FREE LOLOLOLOLOL

pass the tea
dont forget u can say i have more drm free than mrbsdrmfreebsing toaster who says drm but has only 90-100 while i have 700 +

For anyone doing the Witcher 2 and free movie promotion, you have to actually click the + sign to get your stamp for the day. I didn't do that yesterday and feel quite silly now.
As someone who wishes to avoid having that dumb movie getting attached to my account, I'm delighted to hear this (I already own Witcher 2).

Sorry for you though. But I'm guessing that this sale is gonna run for more that seven days. So you should have a few extra days to make up for the one you missed.

Yeah, I'm not really worried about missing it. I'm pretty sure the promo ends with the fall sale, and that expires on the 25th, so quite some time yet. I just posted that as a warning so other people won't miss it.

Why don't you want the free keys? You can gift Wicther 2 to a friend or sell it, and the movie won't be mixed in with your games. They get their own shelf/tab.

If you already own it, they might give you a gift key. At least, that's how they've been handling all their more straightforward giveaways for a while now.
Pre-selling Witcher 2 GOG gift key...will take 2tf keys, 8 free redbox codes or if you promise to give it to Lostunderwear's 4th cousin by marriage, I will give it to you for free. Pls thx yous sirs!

Yeah, but it's a pretty bad sign when we start seeing repeats in day 2 of a 14 day sale.
I know. Just sayin' it's not quite over yet. There's still hope that a game you want might show up. I kinda wish I'd bought Flatout 2 when it was on the promo sale the last time.

I know. Just sayin' it's not quite over yet. There's still hope that a game you want might show up. I kinda wish I'd bought Flatout 2 when it was on the promo sale the last time.
You could have got the Flatout complete pack for 3.00 if you could put up with the horror that is steam.....

[quote name="Drabelincoln" post="12238192" timestamp="1415930042"]You could have got the Flatout complete pack for 3.00 if you could put up with the horror that is steam.....[/quote]
583087904236f0c57e04752f09f4832b_answer_2_xlarge.jpeg

[quote name="Drabelincoln" post="12238226" timestamp="1415930625"]I know....I didn't pay 3 dollars and get an extra copy of Flatout (because I owned it) in my inventory after i activated the complete pack key.[/quote]
Yeah, me neither, except I got a copy of Flatout 2 also (only needed ultimate carnage and.. Eh... Flatout 3) TRUTH!
(lights up swisher sweet with rolled up 1 dollar bill)

You could have got the Flatout complete pack for 3.00 if you could put up with the horror that is steam.....
Meh. I'd rather get it for around 2 on gog. My laptop would have a hard time playing Carnage and I'm too cheap to buy a new one.

yeah i mean its not like you'd never get a new laptop
I know right. Why would I not want to wait and see if I could get it for that price in a couple of months or a year if gog puts the 1 game from the pack I could play now on sale for a decent price?

bread's done
Back