GOG Deals Thread

Seasoned:

Hitman 2 = 80% off at $1.99

100 of them.

Fresh:

Wasteland 2: Digital Classic Edition = 60% off at $15.99

400 of them.

I'm happy with the five or six I've grabbed already, but considering I've got two 16-hour work days ahead of me, I doubt I'm gonna see Monster Bash, Wacky Wheels, or Vangers. Dammit GOG!

So GOG keys for bundle games expire, eh? Couldn't activate my copy of Megarace 1 from a Groupees bundle I bought in August of last year. Might as well delete all of my GOG keys. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
I decided to pick up Tomb Raider 1+2+3 because the price was right.

GOG_Order_2015_03_04_Tomb_Raider_1_2_3_for_free.jpg

pumped.jpg

So GOG keys for bundle games expire, eh? Couldn't activate my copy of Megarace 1 from a Groupees bundle I bought in August of last year. Might as well delete all of my GOG keys. :(
Yeah they do which is super lame so if you ever get any more in the future use them right away or give them away to someone who will activate them immediately.

I thought the expiration date was a year out, but I guess I'm wrong. My code from that bundle is used and says expired when I retry it while codes from some newer bundles that are used say that they are used.

What's with these games that have been removed from GOG showing up in this sale? We got Black Mirror 2 up right now, and I've seen Red Faction 1 & 2 as well.

Make up your damn mind Nordic.

Is Wasteland worth playing? I never played it or 2. How much was the deal price?
It looks very old school but supposedly is fun to play, think it was $1.49.

Also for anyone looking at this sale I think round 3 may have started for stuff. I think I may want Gex but that it nostalgia talking. I played a lot of it on the PSX....was a good platform game for the time.

Also for anyone looking at this sale I think round 3 may have started for stuff. I think I may want Gex but that it nostalgia talking. I played a lot of it on the PSX....was a good platform game for the time.
That sounds like my sweet spot for it. I feel playing 2 first would probably ruin 1 for me.

Gex is fun, mainly for the pop culture one-liners (which are all rather dated by now), but I remember liking the sequel a lot more. It's also a pretty hard platformer, iirc.

Is Wasteland worth playing? I never played it or 2. How much was the deal price?
Wasteland (1) is one of the best cRPGs of it's era. It's very open world, you can go anywhere right from the start (though you'll soon realize that some later area's you're ill equipped for at the start. Also included in this pack is the Wasteland Survival Guide (guidebook, sold separately, mine went MIA years ago).

This isn't the old DOS Wasteland shoved into a DOSBox, they reworked it a little to include the paragraphs book (longer in-game desciptions, originally a printed pack-in (floppy-space, physical copy protection), in game and with voice overs.

I grew up with cRPGs like this (Deathlord being another notable) but it doesn't wind up feeling dated to me.

Spellforce Platinum...  I thought that was in their going away forever sale?  I was so proud of myself for not buying it then...  Because I had the box copy...  

How is it back?  (I bought it.)    And I still have the box copy.  (face palm)  

Do people really love Nox?

I think it was a wonderfully crafted Diablo like game but it had a very puzzle like way of doing things. My favorite character is the warrior who only has cooldown based skills. The trials to get other skills were excellent. I also liked that Nox felt like your guy was an ordinary guy thrown into an extraordinary situation. Heck the guy always looks kind of ankward in his armors. He isn't a super barbarian or anything. It was likely my favorite last Westwood Studios release.....C&C Tiberian Sun was OK at the time but not great.

So yes one of my favorite Diablo like games. It feels different for sure.

Dang I missed Gex too, suddenly wanted to play it after listening to the latest Idle Thumbs episode. Opened it in a tab on my phone but the price went up by the time I got to checkout.   :-({|=

Woo!  Finally got a freebie - Sudeki with just 9 copies left.

I was all stressed waiting for Nox to come around again only to realize I already own it.   :wall:

Seasoned:

Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura = 75% off at $1.49

Fresh:

Pier Solar and the Great Architects = 67% off at $4.89

bread's done
Back