GOG Deals Thread

does the $50 have to be spent all at once, or can it be over a few different purchases? Theres a couple cheap games im eyeballing and that star wars and lucas pack are calling my name. But i dont know if i should wait for tomorow to see if more stuff goes up to get it all at once, or if i can grab these now then add on later

was thinking of that $3 bundle but seems most of you are getting the same meh game
It can be over a few purchases, doesn't need to be all at once.

PSA for anyone buying gifts on GOG: If you buy multiple gifts at once you get one code for all the games. Not sure if it has always been that way or maybe I've just never bought multiple gifts at once before.

PSA for anyone buying gifts on GOG: If you buy multiple gifts at once you get one code for all the games. Not sure if it has always been that way or maybe I've just never bought multiple gifts at once before.
It's gotten better over the past year or so. Used to be that you had to redeem all of the games tied to the key, but now you can select/deselect what games you want to redeem from it.

Beat me to it ^^^ :)

Yeah, its been like this for a while. You can redeem them individually though. When you put in the gift code a list of the games bought in that transaction comes up and you put a check mark on the ones you want to redeem to your account and the rest stay open on that code.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's already been addressed, but here's my 2-cents.

I can't say for sure how it has always worked. But I bought a few games for Needles Kane last night. It wasn't until after I bought them that I realized that he said he was thinking of passing a couple of the games on to somebody else. I thought I had screwed up the order for him, but then I checked my order page and noticed that he only redeemed one of the games.

Earlier today, I decided to pick up Space Quest 1,2,3 & Police Quest: Swat 1,2 to complete my "Quest" collection on GOG. When I did, I bought the games as a gift to test it out. I got a single gift link, but I was able to select which game to add. So presumably, I could have given the link to somebody else after redeeming a game, and they could have added any remaining games to their account.

It's already been addressed, but here's my 2-cents.

I can't say for sure how it has always worked. But I bought a few games for Needles Kane last night. It wasn't until after I bought them that I realized that he said he was thinking of passing a couple of the games on to somebody else. I thought I had screwed up the order for him, but then I checked my order page and noticed that he only redeemed one of the games.

Earlier today, I decided to pick up Space Quest 1,2,3 & Police Quest: Swat 1,2 to complete my "Quest" collection on GOG. When I did, I bought the games as a gift to test it out. I got a single gift link, but I was able to select which game to add. So presumably, I could have given the link to somebody else after redeeming a game, and they could have added any remaining games to their account.
Yeah it's been like that for months, if not at least a year. I'm surprised it took you that long to notice, you buy way more GOG games than me!

Yeah it's been like that for months, if not at least a year. I'm surprised it took you that long to notice, you buy way more GOG games than me!
It's probably because I'm usually not on the receiving end of gift purchases. And the one or two times that I have had somebody help me out, it was only one game.

Anyone have the Star Wars Saber Bundle and/or the Blaster Bundle and willing to get some games for me at the cheaper price? Like always with these bundles, I only want about half of the games :lol:

Anyone have the Star Wars Saber Bundle and/or the Blaster Bundle and willing to get some games for me at the cheaper price? Like always with these bundles, I only want about half of the games :lol:
I can't help you with the Blaster Bundle, but I do have the Saber Bundle. So I can help you with games from that if you want.

Send me a PM if you're interested.

Thanks everyone for the clarification on GOG gifts. I guess I hadn't bought enough games as gifts to fully realize how their system worked.

Speaking of gifts, I have the Saber/Blaster/Lucas bundles also if anyone wants to do some selective buying.

PS: Divine Divinity
3QJ483FD8B7E2AD194  (expires January 13, 2016 1:59 PM GMT)

Hmm, It might have been better if DWulf had just bought all the games that he/she wanted from you, Xealot. It would have been one stop shopping since you own both of the bundles he/she's looking for.

If you're reading this DWulf and you wanna cancel your order through me, that's cool.

EDIT: Already sent payment, so I'll just go ahead with it.

Hmmmm - anyone ever played Sea Dogs, back in the day?

That's 75% off right now ($1.49).

Oh - and why the hell is this not on Steam?

I'm all set for my Star Wars bundle purchases - thanks The End and Xealot42! CAG is such a seriously awesome group :bouncy:

Now I just have to dig out my joystick...

New deals are up. In addition to a bunch of new individual games, there are two new bundles. We have a Stalker Series bundle, and a Citybuilder Kit bundle. I'm not gonna bother listing the games, because I'm retired from that.

For some reason, I appear to own everything in the CityBuilder bundle. Not sure how that happened. But if by chance somebody needs help getting a game or two from that one, I can help out with that.

Did 4 mystery boxes. Pretty good!

Raiden 3

Breach and Clear

Battle Realms

Saints Row 2

Also Divine Divinity. Only owned SR2 out of all of those. Wanted Raiden 3 anyway, and B&C and Battle Realms look interesting.

That Stalker deal reminded me to try my SoC steam key on GOG again, still no luck redeeming it even though CS and CoP worked fine ages ago.

I've got them all on Steam and will probably never even download the GOG versions, but for some reason not having the whole set on GOG bugs me.

Did 4 mystery boxes. Pretty good!

Raiden 3

Breach and Clear

Battle Realms

Saints Row 2

Also Divine Divinity. Only owned SR2 out of all of those. Wanted Raiden 3 anyway, and B&C and Battle Realms look interesting.
But Battle Realms was free on GOG before

Why is Quest for Infamy on that pack?
Because it's the only way they're able to sell indie shit to people that own it from non-GOG bundles. It's annoying, but maybe The End owns the full pack and can help people with it?

Because it's the only way they're able to sell indie shit to people that own it from non-GOG bundles. It's annoying, but maybe The End owns the full pack and can help people with it?
Nope. Even I'm missing Quest For Infamy. So I can't help anyone with that one.

The Bulldog bundle is a different matter though. If anyone needs help with that, send me a PM.

Nope. Even I'm missing Quest For Infamy. So I can't help anyone with that one.

The Bulldog bundle is a different matter though. If anyone needs help with that, send me a PM.
Same boat. I have all the Sierra Quest games on GOG, but they had to toss in something unrelated.

Is $6 a good price for Necrodancer? I remember considering it during the Steam sale but I don't remember how much it was.

I've got all the Bullfrog and Quest games if anyone needs help grabbing some of those also.

Is $6 a good price for Necrodancer? I remember considering it during the Steam sale but I don't remember how much it was.
I don't know that is has been quite that cheap on Steam but I'm holding out for a better Steam price personally. It seems to have full Steam integration (achievements, trading cards, workshop, leaderboards, cloud saves, etc.) so I feel like that would be the superior version unless you really want a DRM free copy.

EDIT - Also, someone is selling GOG copies of CoTN for $3 in the trade thread.

so whats with all the differnt versions of  Crypt of the Necrodancer? I was going to snag it but theres like 2 other add ons or versions or something on top of the regular... is there going to be a 'GOTY" with everything in it or something? Wondering if i should wait for that

so whats with all the differnt versions of Crypt of the Necrodancer? I was going to snag it but theres like 2 other add ons or versions or something on top of the regular... is there going to be a 'GOTY" with everything in it or something? Wondering if i should wait for that
It just looks like soundtrack and images and icons and such, which is kind of cheesy if you ask me because one of GOG's big selling points that people seem to always go on about is 'but you get extras!' which clearly you have to pay for them here.

Anyway if you just care about the game there's no actual content DLC so just buying the game should be fine.

It just looks like soundtrack and images and icons and such, which is kind of cheesy if you ask me because one of GOG's big selling points that people seem to always go on about is 'but you get extras!' which clearly you have to pay for them here.

Anyway if you just care about the game there's no actual content DLC so just buying the game should be fine.
yea thats what it looked like to me but i wasn't sure. TO be fair though, steam seems to list it the same way as well.

I was a fan of Crypt of the Necrodancer but the gameplay got ultra repetitive with the general lack of items with interesting things (to keep up with the rhythm). It's alright but I recommend around $3 and likely on Steam for all the other stuff. 

Yeah a lot of us are not happy with GOG selling extras that used to be free in older games. Or maybe devs got greedy.

Also the guy that's offering GOG games at a discount... most of the prices appear to be the same as my own region, but a few are cheaper. They don't seem like Russian prices to me.

Meh. Said screw it and grabbed crypt of the necrodancer. Figured this way i can give it to my niece to play without having to get another copy if i went steam. Just wondering if it may be too hard for her. Hopefully theres difficulty options or something

I've got all the Bullfrog and Quest games if anyone needs help grabbing some of those also.

I don't know that is has been quite that cheap on Steam but I'm holding out for a better Steam price personally. It seems to have full Steam integration (achievements, trading cards, workshop, leaderboards, cloud saves, etc.) so I feel like that would be the superior version unless you really want a DRM free copy.

EDIT - Also, someone is selling GOG copies of CoTN for $3 in the trade thread.
Yeah, workshop support alone probably makes the Steam version a much better buy.

Yeah a lot of us are not happy with GOG selling extras that used to be free in older games. Or maybe devs got greedy.
Hm. Anybody else having issues with posting IMGUR pix?

In any case, I have to agree with this. One of GOG's big draws for me always was the extra crap that you get with the games, even if it were stuff I might never listen to or look at, and this generally always included soundtracks where they are available. I'm seeing several games that are part of this sale, including Transistor and Fist of Gun, with separate "optional DLC" listings for $4 for the soundtrack. I understand why there might be a "special edition" that includes a soundtrack in the case where such things already exist (i.e., Unrest), but having a dedicated soundtrack DLC on GOG is patently ridiculous. I guess now that GOG doesn't really stand for Good Old games anymore, the rules have changed and we can expect that Possibly-Good Relatively-New Games won't feature much extra content, unless you pay extra for it.

Waited for years a good steam sale on World in Conflict. Never happened. Just bought it on GOG. It seems to work better than the Steam version too

bread's done
Back