GOG Deals Thread

Hm. Anybody else having issues with posting IMGUR pix?

In any case, I have to agree with this. One of GOG's big draws for me always was the extra crap that you get with the games, even if it were stuff I might never listen to or look at, and this generally always included soundtracks where they are available. I'm seeing several games that are part of this sale, including Transistor and Fist of Gun, with separate "optional DLC" listings for $4 for the soundtrack. I understand why there might be a "special edition" that includes a soundtrack in the case where such things already exist (i.e., Unrest), but having a dedicated soundtrack DLC on GOG is patently ridiculous. I guess now that GOG doesn't really stand for Good Old games anymore, the rules have changed and we can expect that Possibly-Good Relatively-New Games won't feature much extra content, unless you pay extra for it.
games of the olden days have OST for free.

that much is true for most of the GOOD OLD GAMES.

Now, the new, shiny, modern games (i.e. transistor) won't have that feature anymore. I think that the publisher got greedier over time when they see that there's a demand and money to be made for soundtrack (even though said soundtrack already being counted toward the cost of the game development already)

Certainly not. Because that would make me feel like a complete schmuck for buying the games on GOG.

Last edited by a moderator:
Waited for years a good steam sale on World in Conflict. Never happened. Just bought it on GOG. It seems to work better than the Steam version too
Wasn't WiC Complete dirt-cheap in an Ubi sale when they launched UPlay for like 99 cents or something?

Granted, GOG DRM-FREE surely would top UPLAY.

Quick question for you guys. When you install GOG games on your system, do you bother to put it in a root GOG folder like it wants to on instal? I know for steam games they kinda need that for all the extra junk it puts everywhere, but im assuming you can just move it over to your standard D:/Games folder without  having to make a specific GOG sub folder or anything right?

Quick question for you guys. When you install GOG games on your system, do you bother to put it in a root GOG folder like it wants to on instal? I know for steam games they kinda need that for all the extra junk it puts everywhere, but im assuming you can just move it over to your standard D:/Games folder without having to make a specific GOG sub folder or anything right?
I put GOG games it in a {Drive}:\Program files (x86)\GOG Games\{Game Name} on a bunch of different hard drives (since I have numerous hard drives here).

I do this with a lot of my games:

i.e. {Drive}:\Program files (x86)\Gamersgate\{Game Name}

{Drive}:\Program files (x86)\Origin\{Game Name}

{Drive}:\Program files (x86)\Amazon Games\{Game Name}

You get the drift.

I have Steam is in its default location, though.

Some games, though - they do need to placed in a certain location to work for some reason, though: i.e. Steam-version of Wizardry 8 must be copies + placed in C:\Wiz8 to work period (since it don't work in Steam-folder by default). Exception to the rule. Of course, I did create that folder as a shortcut within its original Steam-folder to keep things accurate to my filing system.

I put GOG games it in a {Drive}:\Program files (x86)\GOG Games\{Game Name} on a bunch of different hard drives (since I have numerous hard drives here).

I do this with a lot of my games:
i.e. {Drive}:\Program files (x86)\Gamersgate\{Game Name}
{Drive}:\Program files (x86)\Origin\{Game Name}
{Drive}:\Program files (x86)\Amazon Games\{Game Name}

You get the drift.

I have Steam is in its default location, though.

Some games, though - they do need to placed in a certain location to work for some reason, though: i.e. Steam-version of Wizardry 8 must be copies + placed in C:\Wiz8 to work period (since it don't work in Steam-folder by default). Exception to the rule. Of course, I did create that folder as a shortcut within its original Steam-folder to keep things accurate to my filing system.
That was a long way to go to not answer his question.

Quick question for you guys. When you install GOG games on your system, do you bother to put it in a root GOG folder like it wants to on instal? I know for steam games they kinda need that for all the extra junk it puts everywhere, but im assuming you can just move it over to your standard D:/Games folder without having to make a specific GOG sub folder or anything right?
I put all games in the same folder: E:\GOG Games\yadda yadda. Putting them in C:\Program Files (X86) and such can cause permission issues. As long as the game is installed correctly - with each game in its separate folder - it won't really care where you put it.

I put all games in the same folder: E:\GOG Games\yadda yadda. Putting them in C:\Program Files (X86) and such can cause permission issues. As long as the game is installed correctly - with each game in its separate folder - it won't really care where you put it.
Thats what im trying to double check. I know STEAM kinda wants you to have the stuff in a STEAM folder for all their DRM and other options/settings junk. But for GOG games does it need to be in a GOG root folder for any reason, or can i just safely install it in my general GAMES folder without the GOG prefix?

Anyone have the whole Lucasfilm Classics pack? I want Sam and Max Hit the Road. I'm also eyeing a couple from the CityBuilder kit.
I bought this earlier (trying to find a cheap game to get divine divinity)....like 30 cents shorts of 5 bucks. I can help with that city builder can't help though.

I do own all of the city builders if you need help. Lookin to get outlaws from the lucaspack though as well if someone has the classics pack

BTW I still always highly recommend afterlife, especially if you like builders. It was one of my favorite games as a teen in the builder genre and different from most of them

Encore Deals are up.

Every sale so far during this GOG Winter Sale has returned.
Actually, all of the bundles were up yesterday. But strangely enough, they seem to have removed several of the bundles today. They did something like this during the Fall sale as well.

Very odd.

Possibly idiotic question: Is there any way to send a GOG gift later than right when you buy it? Aside from buying it later, of course.

Possibly idiotic question: Is there any way to send a GOG gift later than right when you buy it? Aside from buying it later, of course.
I believe you can just gift it to your own email and then resend the gift later from your orders page or just give the recipient the actual code and ignore the emails.

I bought this earlier (trying to find a cheap game to get divine divinity)....like 30 cents shorts of 5 bucks. I can help with that city builder can't help though.
Sent you a message. Thanks.

I do own all of the city builders if you need help. Lookin to get outlaws from the lucaspack though as well if someone has the classics pack

BTW I still always highly recommend afterlife, especially if you like builders. It was one of my favorite games as a teen in the builder genre and different from most of them
I'm going to pass on the city builders this time largely because I have Caesar and Pharaoh sitting in their original boxes on the shelf behind me still in my backlog. Actually I think I installed Pharaoh back in the day but never played more than 10 minutes or so.

Any thoughts on the 1602 or whatever games?  I never played those, but grabbing one to try at 75% off might be interesting.

GOG Winter Sale 2015 is over.

MysterD's GOG Winter Sale 2015 Haul:

Purchases:

No purchases made.

Freebies from GOG:

Giants: Citizen Kabuto

With some solid 75% off discounts, many of which didn't require any sort of bundle, this was a solid GOG sale.

I grabbed Anno 1503 because I've never tried anything in the series, Sea Dogs, Sam and Max Hit the Road, and of course Giants.  I've never played any of the Settlers games and thought about grabbing a title from that line, but decided against it this time.

I grabbed Anno 1503 because I've never tried anything in the series
You could have just got Anno 1404 AKA Dawn of Discovery on Steam you know. Or for that matter even just tried the Android Anno for free, though that one does have microtransactions.

You could have just got Anno 1404 AKA Dawn of Discovery on Steam you know. Or for that matter even just tried the Android Anno for free, though that one does have microtransactions.
Dawn of Discovery is more expensive. Anno 1503 has nice reviews and was only $1.50.

Dawn of Discovery is more expensive. Anno 1503 has nice reviews and was only $1.50.
It's been $2.50 before. Obviously I didn't mean buy it now.

But you saved a dollar even though you could have used cards money at Steam and got an older and more raggedy version with DRM Freedom so yay you.

It's been $2.50 before. Obviously I didn't mean buy it now.

But you saved a dollar even though you could have used cards money at Steam and got an older and more raggedy version with DRM Freedom so yay you.
Well, I wanted this older version, but yeah, I'd much rather have it on Steam.

Besides the future ones having, you know, future stuff, all the older ones are more or less the same thing so if you get 1404/DoD it's basically 150whatever with better graphics, but eh.

bread's done
Back