GOG Deals Thread

I think Divinity 2 is a historic low on GoG at least.

Can anybrahdy that has the double fine bundle get me the Costume Quest at $.99? :)
I wouldn't buy Divinity 2 unless I really, really want the DRM free version. A Larian studios indie bundle will be a thing at some point (I think there was a Larian weekly bundle already) and most of their games are published by Focus Interactive, which have also been featured in indie bundles.

I wouldn't buy Divinity 2 unless I really, really want the DRM free version. A Larian studios indie bundle will be a thing at some point (I think there was a Larian weekly bundle already) and most of their games are published by Focus Interactive, which have also been featured in indie bundles.
The Divinity games are higher quality than the other games that got bundled though. I would expect them to headline for a monthly before showing up in a regular bundle, but they've been really stingy with discounts so who knows when that'll happen. Which of their games are published by focus, or is that just a retail box copy thing?

Last edited by a moderator:
As Spoder alluded to in his post, Larian has been incredibly stingy w/discounts w/divinity original sin, i don't think it's been less than 20 bucks yet and the original version came out like 2.5 years ago and the enchanced edition came out a little over a year ago. If it was published by square enix it'd have been like 5 bucks by now. If you're waiting for a bundle it'll probably be awhile; maybe there will be a surprise showing as a humble monthly headliner or something though

The Divinity games are higher quality than the other games that got bundled though. I would expect them to headline for a monthly before showing up in a regular bundle, but they've been really stingy with discounts so who knows when that'll happen. Which of their games are published by focus, or is that just a retail box copy thing?
The first Focus Interactive Bundle was a weekly and included Divinity 2 and a bunch of other games (Confrontation, RAW, Blood Bowl, Game of Thrones, Cities XL) in the $1 tier. Although the older Divinity games (Divine and Beyond) don't show as published by Focus on Steam, the Anthology is.

As Spoder alluded to in his post, Larian has been incredibly stingy w/discounts w/divinity original sin, i don't think it's been less than 20 bucks yet and the original version came out like 2.5 years ago and the enchanced edition came out a little over a year ago. If it was published by square enix it'd have been like 5 bucks by now. If you're waiting for a bundle it'll probably be awhile; maybe there will be a surprise showing as a humble monthly headliner or something though
Yeah but that's Original Sin, not Divinity 2.

8nUwL7g.png

c9a3f0874f.gif

The Larians are well known for disliking DRM:

http://www.lar.net/2012/01/02/how-i-couldve-been-prevented-from-being-a-pirate/

On Larian having DRM on its products – not by our own choice, we got rid of it as fast as we could and released DRM free patches for all games we could.
Most of Larian's Steam-versions can be ran via the game-EXE from the game-folder while Steam isn't running anyways, once you've actually downloaded the game via Steam directly (of course):

http://steamcommunity.com/app/230230/discussions/0/522730701692941869/?l=english#c522730701706391167

You can always create a game-shortcut of the EXE directly from the game-folder and throw it wherever (i.e. on your Desktop), so you have the DRM-Free shortcut ready for you.

Just back-up your Steam-folder for your Larian games somewhere, if need be...just in case Steam ever craps the bed.

(That probably won't happen anytime soon w/ Steam crapping the bed, given as great as they're doing).

Is it just me or are none of the games on sale even old games?  Are the only old games on sale part of those stupid bundles?  I think GOG might be worse than Steam with their sales since they don't even put the old games on sale.

Is it just me or are none of the games on sale even old games? Are the only old games on sale part of those stupid bundles? I think GOG might be worse than Steam with their sales since they don't even put the old games on sale.
For the most part so far, looks like it.

Divine Divinity is 89 cents on GoG solo - but yeah, most of us have that from Steam already from a Focus HB, IIRC.

But, why would anyone buy that again from GoG? Steam-version likely runs from the EXE w/out Steam going, given Larian's history of trying to not have DRM on their games - if you must insist on running the game w/out Steam running.

Though, I dunno why anyone would run the Steam-version of any game that you can run (optionally) w/out Steam going - unless they're not always connected to the Internet or the game has issues working within Steam's overlay (i.e. see Wiz 8 Steam-version).

EDIT:

Also, if more games on Steam do the GOG Connect thing (where if you buy a game on Steam and it gets added to a GOG Connect promo, you'll also get the GOG Version), which I hope happens - more reason to not buy GOG versions (when the same game's also on Steam).

Is it just me or are none of the games on sale even old games? Are the only old games on sale part of those stupid bundles? I think GOG might be worse than Steam with their sales since they don't even put the old games on sale.
+1

I check my gog wishlist every sale, which I think has about 50 games on it. I do not have a single 'new' game on there, all old. And out of those only 3 games from my wishlist are on sale, on GOOD OLD GAMES

Then again I bitch about this every gog sale, I guess 2000 is the new 1990 much like 50% is the new 75

Since most of my collection is on Steam I rarely buy from GOG. The only games I look for are old games that are not on Steam. Speaking of which, are there any RPG/Strategy games on GOG that are on sale that aren't on Steam? I mainly like either DRPGs or SRPGs. 

Since most of my collection is on Steam I rarely buy from GOG. The only games I look for are old games that are not on Steam. Speaking of which, are there any RPG/Strategy games on GOG that are on sale that aren't on Steam? I mainly like either DRPGs or SRPGs.
Realms of Arkania is stupidly cheap right now, though it's a little too involved for me at the moment. Another choice might be Star Control 2, that one's pretty solid (found that one looking up 3DO rarities).

I have a few games i'm watching waiting for them to be cheap. These included the Settlers (I know this was on sale recently but was still a bit too much), the Call of Cthulhu adventure games, and some other random stuff. I only want old games, as the rest I can wait till the Steam keys are on sale somewhere. I just hope they keep adding new old games is all. 

Realms of Arkania is stupidly cheap right now, though it's a little too involved for me at the moment. Another choice might be Star Control 2, that one's pretty solid (found that one looking up 3DO rarities).
Highly recommend Star Control 2, but it does go on sale for 75% off so maybe hold off till then.

Edit: Sorry, just saw it's available in a bundle. If you can find someone who owns sins of a solar empire to gift it to you it drops to $1.19.

A new round of GOG Connect games are up: http://www.gog.com/connect
By the way, the Moto Racer games are included among the new GOG Connect games. If you own the Moto Racer Collection on steam, you get the Moto Racer games on GOG. The Moto Racer Collection (steam version) was in an Indie Gala bundle recently, so keys should be out there for people if they want to look. One place people might want to check is Tremor. As I post this, there are 45 25 left in stock, and they're only 99 coins a piece. So it's a pretty easy pick-up if you don't have it yet,

Edit: edited for clarity.

By the way, the Moto Racer games are included in this list. If you own the Moto Racer Collection on steam, you get these games. This was in an Indie Gala bundle recently, so keys should be out there for people if they want to look. One place people might want to check is Tremor. As I post this, there are 45 left in stock, and they're only 99 coins a piece. So it's a pretty easy pick-up if you don't have it yet,
FYI it's a huge pain in the ass to get Moto Racer 1 working on steam, or at least it was when I tried. IIRC I had to "obtain" files from the GOG version and copy them to the Steam folder to get the game to work, like in this thread. Can't remember if the same applies to Moto Racer 2 and 3, but it's nice to own them on GOG now, where it works better by default.

What the....Torchlight 2 was like 85% off the last few days....suddenly it's only 60% off.  Do they often change the sale prices in the middle of a sale because I've never noticed that happening before.

What the....Torchlight 2 was like 85% off the last few days....suddenly it's only 60% off. Do they often change the sale prices in the middle of a sale because I've never noticed that happening before.
Was it really 85% off? I saw people in the GOG forums saying the wrong % were showing on a bunch of games.

I got an ad that said Witcher 3 GOTY was 75% off. The smaller boxes shown on the homepage are usually wrong, the actual discount is shown on the product page.

Everyone change your password, cag was compromised in July of 2015.
';-- have i been pwned?
You've been pwned!

You signed up for notifications when your account was pwned in a data breach and unfortunately, it's happened. Here's what's known about the breach:

Breach: CheapAssGamer.​com
Date of breach: 1 Jul 2015
Number of accounts: 444,767
Compromised data: Email addresses, IP addresses, Passwords, Usernames
Description: In approximately mid-2015, the forum for CheapAssGamer.​com suffered a data breach. The database from the IP.​Board based forum contained 445k accounts including usernames, email and IP addresses and salted MD5 password hashes.

By the way, the Moto Racer games are included in this list. If you own the Moto Racer Collection on steam, you get these games. This was in an Indie Gala bundle recently, so keys should be out there for people if they want to look. One place people might want to check is Tremor. As I post this, there are 45 left in stock, and they're only 99 coins a piece. So it's a pretty easy pick-up if you don't have it yet,
Was there a trick to getting GOG Connect to recognize the collection? I have the collection in my account on Steam, but when I go to the GOG Connect page, the individual Moto Racer games have a red X and it says they're not found in my Steam account.

Edit: Refreshed again and now they show up. I guess it just took a while to register.

Was it really 85% off? I saw people in the GOG forums saying the wrong % were showing on a bunch of games.
Yes I clearly remember 85% off at $2.99. I almost bought but I already had the DRM free on crappy Humble and mainly because Runic is owned by perfectworld.

This gog sale was really shitty. Only 66% if you buy an entire line of games for most of their "promos". No
You don't have to buy an entire line of games for the 66% discount. I only own a few games in the line and I still get the 66% discount. On the product page, the games will only be discounted to 50%, but when you add them to cart, they'll be 66% off.

You don't have to buy an entire line of games for the 66% discount. I only own a few games in the line and I still get the 66% discount. On the product page, the games will only be discounted to 50%, but when you add them to cart, they'll be 66% off.
Nope. Tried with rebel assault and it stayed at 50%.

I hate GOG mobile version BTW.

It depends on the company, some won't give you the full discount unless you buy a certain amount, or already own a bunch of their games.

I have 54 titles on my wish list, and none of them are on sale. Not even a 10% discount.

Pretty weak.

For some reason, GOG decided to start its winter sale today. It's not too good. . . a few BaBs that might be worthwhile if you already have a number of the titles in question.

But you can get Neverwinter Nights Diamond for free today and tomorrow, and if you haven't played that game by now, you should be deeply ashamed of yourself.

Nice! I love Neverwinter Nights. Do you know if you still get a copy if you already had it on your account? Is multiplayer still available for the game?

They also have the XP system to earn free games again. If you bought games during the Fall sale, you'll start with more XP in this sale. Just a little incentive to shop more on GOG.

Nice! I love Neverwinter Nights. Do you know if you still get a copy if you already had it on your account? Is multiplayer still available for the game?

They also have the XP system to earn free games again. If you bought games during the Fall sale, you'll start with more XP in this sale. Just a little incentive to shop more on GOG.
No, if you already own any of GOG's freebies, then you, sir, get nothing!

The multiplayer appears to be LAN only? I'm not quite sure what "direct connect" means. The official BioWare servers shut down years ago.

bread's done
Back