GOG Deals Thread

My haul is below:

Fallout 3 GOTY Edition

Honestly just waiting for the Jazz Jackrabbit games and about 75% off or more certain games on the wishlist. It's rarely added to anymore though.

I forgot about the freebies.  I added 7 games through Connect, got Ziggurat free but missed the Xenonauts and Urban Empire giveaways.

There was an Urban Empire giveaway? I must have missed that too.

The reviews on that aren't too impressive. So I wont loose any sleep.

EDIT: I just realized that Palinn was probably referring to inm8num2's win in the random gleem giveaway. I ended up getting Gabriel Knight 2 in that, which I already had.

Last edited by a moderator:
There was an Urban Empire giveaway? I must have missed that too.

The reviews on that aren't too impressive. So I wont loose any sleep.

EDIT: I just realized that Palinn was probably referring to inm8num2's win in the random gleem giveaway. I ended up getting Gabriel Knight 2 in that, which I already had.
Oops! Yes I forgot the giveaway was for a random game.

PAID - Total of $5.87:

Ultima 1+2+3

SHOGO

The Saboteur

GOG Connect:

+7 from GOG Connect.

(Can't recall them all. Will have to look back.)

FREE:

Sunless Sea (FREE for spending over $5)

Ziggurat (GOG Giveaway)

Xenonauts (GOG Giveaway)

I bought a bunch of old cheap shit I'm going to be surprised I own the next time I look in my GOG library.

So just like every GOG sale.
Seems legit.

And also there's stuff that I buy and don't touch on GOG for some reason, but then I wind-up re-buying them on Steam and actually playing that version.

I do often try to buy stuff that ain't on Steam...but, often it seems like many GOG titles wind up there some months later.

I bought Shogo on GOG (which is also on Steam, BTW) to push it over $5, so I could get that Sunless Sea freebie....since I was close anyways.

Here is another Xenonauts code in case anybody out there missed the giveaway.

B7CAE-3E6FC-DBB87-B36F2

I already owned it due to a past appearance on GOG connect.
So I claimed this Xenonauts code just now. I missed it due to being traveling to canyons and mountains and deserts and such. That one sat there available for quite some time. Thanks, End.

The game is amazing, just rough due to the publisher screwing up the development cycle.  Install Wesp's patch (lite version) to fix issues.

Got an email saying Gothic 3 vanilla is $1.49, so MisterDee, I need a full work up, spread sheets, pie charts and graphs (be sure to show your math) on the pros, cons, and any differences between the GoG version and the Steam version, both before and after the community patch. This is not a drill and I need this information yesterday, before it even went on sale, so I have ample time to mull over, maybe forget, but re-remember, though invariably not spend a buck fiddy on a game I already have and which I haven't bothered to even play.

Please hurry. Lives are at stake.

My money is on this loser. Anyone who hasn't played it by now should just steal it, Fish even said so.

FZ2Tiwj.png
0032947.jpg
0032948.jpg

0032949.jpg

Woof! How I never heard about this?

I played a bit of the game years ago, and while this wouldn't affect my enjoyment if I ever started it up again, that's a nice way to steer me clear of supporting future projects.

For those who have the time...

NoClip has a 43 min video or so on how GOG tries to get & preserve games on their service.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffngZOB1U2A

This includes the following stuff: trying to get games on their service by hunting down source code/DRM-Free builds/IP owners/distribution rights; issues with still trying to get NOLF series & Dune 2 onto GOG; including goodies in their GOG version; their DRM-FREE attitude; fixing games for modern systems; and more.

FLASH SALES!???! This OBVIOUslY MeANS ThAt SAlES WiLL bE LesS oVER aLL and EvERYonE wILl GeT sCReWED! IT's thE STEam sAle ALL ovEr aGain!

Pyre is on flash sale for the next ~3.5 hours matching its all time low ($7.99), if anybody can't wait for the inevitable 75% off or bundle.

It looks like there are only about 20 Flash deals and they just keep cycling through the list. I don't think I've seen anything new for a couple of days.

It looks like there are only about 20 Flash deals and they just keep cycling through the list. I don't think I've seen anything new for a couple of days.
There's been a couple things new to me, but those may have initially appeared before I started checking the sale or while I was asleep, I suppose. It's definitely mostly repeats by now.

There's been no new games added to the flash sales for the past three+ hours, so the flash sales may be over.

EDIT: So much for that hypothesis.

Flash sales are over but they've made all the games that were only available as flash sales available concurrently at a somewhat less appealing discount.

https://www.gog.com/10years

You can vote here for GOG's 10th Anniversary Giveaway. Definitely voting for Shadow Warrior 2, as Firewatch has a lower retail price and has seen a 75 percent discount on Steam, while Superhot has been bundled and given away before.

Anyone who votes for SUPERHOT after it already appeared in a Humble Monthly, a totally legitimate G2A bundle, and free through Twitch Prime is an awful person who deserves ridicule and scorn.

I voted for Superhot because I am, in fact, an awful person.

Go ahead, heap all your ridicule and scorn upon me. I probably deserve it.

bread's done
Back