GOG Deals Thread

[quote name='radioactivez0r']I never look at GoG and Steam has direct competitors, to be honest. Sometimes I like the GoG version for more assured Win7 compatibility and the extras, even if it's a couple bucks more. Not like buying the same game from, say, Amazon or Gamefly. In this case, I might get Dreamfall.[/QUOTE]

Not to mention that they are DRM-free. :D

[quote name='radioactivez0r']I never look at GoG and Steam has direct competitors, to be honest. Sometimes I like the GoG version for more assured Win7 compatibility and the extras, even if it's a couple bucks more. Not like buying the same game from, say, Amazon or Gamefly. In this case, I might get Dreamfall.[/QUOTE]

For older games, I agree with you. However, for recent or indie games, I look at them as direct competitors to Steam. I pass on all of the deals they have that are recent releases/indie because they'll likely be cheaper on Steam.

Alan Wake & American Nightmare is actually kind of tempting at 50% off, but do you guys think it'll be cheaper in the near future? If yes, then how much cheaper will it probably get?

[quote name='aronater']Alan Wake & American Nightmare is actually kind of tempting at 50% off, but do you guys think it'll be cheaper in the near future? If yes, then how much cheaper will it probably get?[/QUOTE]

They had it cheaper when they first added American Nightmare - I picked both up for $15.28. No idea if it will be cheaper in the near future, though, since that was a deal specific to the addition of American Nightmare back in July.

[quote name='DWulf']They had it cheaper when they first added American Nightmare - I picked both up for $15.28. No idea if it will be cheaper in the near future, though, since that was a deal specific to the addition of American Nightmare back in July.[/QUOTE] Sorry I should have explained myself better; I didn't mean specifically GOG, I was asking if the Steam version would be cheaper whether from Steam itself or Gamersgate, etc. I definitely would pick DRM free over Steam unless the difference in pricing was significant enough.

[quote name='aronater']Sorry I should have explained myself better; I didn't mean specifically GOG, I was asking if the Steam version would be cheaper whether from Steam itself or Gamersgate, etc. I definitely would pick DRM free over Steam unless the difference in pricing was significant enough.[/QUOTE]

I picked up both of them for 9.99 during the Steam summer sale.

[quote name='Rerujnoc']I picked up both of them for 9.99 during the Steam summer sale.[/QUOTE] Thanks, in that case I may wait; not really in a rush... plenty of other games to keep me busy :)

EA GAMES $2.39 (60% OFF)
Weekend Sale - Ends Tuesday 11/4/12 1:00AM PT

SID MEIER'S ALPHA CENTAURI™
SIMCITY 2000™ SPECIAL EDITION
DUNGEON KEEPER™
DUNGEON KEEPER™ 2
THEME HOSPITAL
POPULOUS™
POPULOUS™ 2: TRIALS OF THE OLYMPIAN GODS
POPULOUS™: THE BEGINNING
MAGIC CARPET™
SYNDICATE™
WING COMMANDER™ 1+2
WING COMMANDER™ 3 HEART OF THE TIGER™
WING COMMANDER™ 4: THE PRICE OF FREEDOM
WING COMMANDER ®: PRIVATEER ™
ULTIMA™ 1+2+3
ULTIMA™ 4+5+6
ULTIMA™ 7 THE COMPLETE EDITION
ULTIMA™ 8 GOLD EDITION
ULTIMA™ 9: ASCENSION
ULTIMA® UNDERWORLD 1+2
NOX™
LANDS OF LORE™ 1+2
LANDS OF LORE 3
CRUSADER: NO REMORSE™
CRUSADER: NO REGRET™
STARFLIGHT™ 1+2

A nice deal for some really amazing games.

I'm really tempted by the Wallace & Gromit game. They only thing holding me back is that there have been several Telltale games that have appeared in Indie Royale bundles lately. If Wallace & Gromit shows up in a future bundle, not only do I get a DRM free copy, but I'd get a steam copy and possibly a copy on desura (if it gets added to desura).

Putting aside the concern of a possible appearance in a bundle, this is the cheapest that I have ever seen this game sold for. So I'm still considering it rather strongly.

That Interplay deal makes me feel better about skipping the bundled one from a few weeks ago. The discount isn't as extreme but I can save a little bit and buy just the three I was interested in.

[quote name='TctclMvPhase']That Interplay deal makes me feel better about skipping the bundled one from a few weeks ago. The discount isn't as extreme but I can save a little bit and buy just the three I was interested in.[/QUOTE]

Agreed!!! Stone keep and redneck rampage I'm looking at you. Btw per a post on gog these are going to be the cheapest a lot of the interplay games will be ever again possibly. They are saying that they have a deal with interplay and the prices will be going up on them so buy them now

Here's the post I was referring to. I'd like but I'm on my mobile.

"Every silver lining has a cloud, though, and the reason that we’re putting the games on sale again is because we’re raising the prices on some of the Interplay games on the 16th of November as part of our new deal with Interplay. As such, games such as Fallout, MDK, Redneck Rampage and others may never be as cheap on GOG.com as they will be this next week. If you’ve been hesitating to pull the trigger on any classic Interplay games, now’s your last chance to buy and save big!"

Just FYI.

[quote name='Drabelincoln']Here's the post I was referring to. I'd like but I'm on my mobile.

"Every silver lining has a cloud, though, and the reason that we’re putting the games on sale again is because we’re raising the prices on some of the Interplay games on the 16th of November as part of our new deal with Interplay. As such, games such as Fallout, MDK, Redneck Rampage and others may never be as cheap on GOG.com as they will be this next week. If you’ve been hesitating to pull the trigger on any classic Interplay games, now’s your last chance to buy and save big!"

Just FYI.[/QUOTE]

Love the transparency. Definitely getting Redneck Rampage then. Possibly Stonekeep, looks a bit like Grimrock to me.

[quote name='Drabelincoln']Here's the post I was referring to. I'd like but I'm on my mobile.

Just FYI.[/QUOTE]

I'm glad I checked this topic. I saw the sale on their front page, but I didn't bother to actually read the blurb about it. There are a few Interplay games I still want to pick up, but I would have skipped this sale to wait for a better one.

Isn't Interplay losing all of their rights to the Fallout franchise due to them failing to fulfill their contract with Bethesda?

I was just asking because that is what I heard months ago when they had made a ruling on the case.

[quote name='Slywolf15']Isn't Interplay losing all of their rights to the Fallout franchise due to them failing to fulfill their contract with Bethesda?

I was just asking because that is what I heard months ago when they had made a ruling on the case.[/QUOTE]

Found an article about this here.

To sum it up: Interplay was supposed to put out a Fallout MMO and they had 4 years to do it. They didn't. According to the article "Bethesda will continue to own the Fallout intellectual property, while Interplay will be allowed to continue to sell the original Fallout Tactics, Fallout, and Fallout 2 PC games through December 2013. After that time, the games become the sole property of Bethesda."

So, Interplay can sell the games through December of next year. I remember reading somewhere that Interplay hasn't been doing very well financially so that might be why they are raising their prices on GOG. I was going to wait until the Christmas sale to pick up a couple of their games but I guess I'd better do it now while it's less expensive.

[quote name='CrimsonTribe']I added the new deals to the first post:

(New!) Telltale Games 80% off ($3.99-5.99) (Ends Tuesday, November 13 ).
(New!) Interplay Games50% off ($2.99) (Ends Friday, November 16).

Highlights include:

Back to the Future - $4.99
Tales of Monkey Island - $6.99
Fallout 1, 2 and Tactics - $2.99 each (click on interplay link above)[/QUOTE]

Stupid question, but I've never bought from these guys before. I understand the idea of no drm, but let's say I buy BTTF, do I have the ability to redeem it thru steam? (for achievements and such?)

[quote name='ddp72984']Stupid question, but I've never bought from these guys before. I understand the idea of no drm, but let's say I buy BTTF, do I have the ability to redeem it thru steam? (for achievements and such?)[/QUOTE]

Games traditionally don't redeem on steam unless the game requires it.

[quote name='kidrocklive']Games traditionally don't redeem on steam unless the game requires it.[/QUOTE]

To add onto that, DRM-free is such a big selling point over at GOG that the chances you'll ever buy a game there with a Steam code included are very, very slim.

[quote name='The End']So I think I'm gonna pick up Fallout 2 & Fallout Tactics as well as MDK & MDK2. Any other games from the Interplay Games sale that people recommend that I take a look at?[/QUOTE]

I always loved Redneck Rampage...Stonekeep was on my radar but I'm waffling on that one now. Giant Citizen Kabuto is a fun one too

Oh man, I really wish I had just bought the whole Interplay catalog last week. I've just gone through the list, and I've got 11 items I'd like to pick up. That is $32.89 for the lot. If I had paid a couple more bucks last week, I could have had the whole catalog. :(

Anyway, here are the games that I'm thinking of picking up:
Fallout 2
Fallout Tactics
Freespace + Expansion
Freespace 2
Sacrifice
Redneck Rampage Collection
MDK
MDK2
Stonekeep
Die by the Sword + Expansion
Evolva

[quote name='seamoss']Anyone played Earthworm Jim 1 or 2 recently? How're they holding up?[/QUOTE]

I bought it during this sale and I'm enjoying it although it's not the same PC version I remember getting with my Micron when I was a kid. That version let you choose levels you've gotten to in a drop down menu. The version from GOG uses a password system.

Question about compatibility of games on GOG. I see that they list the operating systems that each game is said to work with on the store page for each game. I'm currently running Windows 7 64-bit. If something doesn't specifically say that it works on W7, does that mean that it definitely wont work? Or does it mean that it might work on W7, but they just can't give a rock-solid guarantee?

[quote name='The End']Question about compatibility of games on GOG. I see that they list the operating systems that each game is said to work with on the store page for each game. I'm currently running Windows 7 64-bit. If something doesn't specifically say that it works on W7, does that mean that it definitely wont work? Or does it mean that it might work on W7, but they just can't give a rock-solid guarantee?[/QUOTE]

Yeah it should still work. I bought Tex Murphy the Pandora Directive over the summer and it worked fine on Windows 7 for me even though it only said XP.

[quote name='The End']So I think I'm gonna pick up Fallout 2 & Fallout Tactics as well as MDK & MDK2. Any other games from the Interplay Games sale that people recommend that I take a look at?[/QUOTE]

Descent series, Earthworm Jim 1+2, and Shogo.

[quote name='The End']Question about compatibility of games on GOG. I see that they list the operating systems that each game is said to work with on the store page for each game. I'm currently running Windows 7 64-bit. If something doesn't specifically say that it works on W7, does that mean that it definitely wont work? Or does it mean that it might work on W7, but they just can't give a rock-solid guarantee?[/QUOTE]

Before buying, you should check out the game-specific forum at:

http://www.gog.com/en/forum

I've heard of GOG games that do not work on Win7.

Really tempted to buy MDK, MDK2, Giants, EJ 1+2, Messiah, Redneck Rampage, Kingpin, a few others, but the total ends up around $30, and i just talked myself out of XCOM for $32 which I would probably play more than all of those games combined.

[quote name='Slywolf15']Yeah it should still work. I bought Tex Murphy the Pandora Directive over the summer and it worked fine on Windows 7 for me even though it only said XP.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='seamoss']Before buying, you should check out the game-specific forum at:

http://www.gog.com/en/forum

I've heard of GOG games that do not work on Win7.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the replies. I'm guessing that most games should work, but I guess I'd better check the forums for each individual game before I buy. Thanks for the link seamoss.

[quote name='Soma_Cruz']Descent series, Earthworm Jim 1+2, and Shogo.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the input. I'm considering the Decent series, & the other games look interesting, but the price-tag grand total of what I want is already getting out of hand. I really wish I had just bought the whole catalog 10 days ago when it was on sale for $35. :(

I wonder if they really will NEVER EVER be this cheap again. I really highly tend to doubt that. I mean eventually they gotta be. So what is they are changing hands, eventually the new hands will probably price them down again? Right? I just don't want to succumb to this impulse that OMG they will never be this cheap again. Will Interplay really up prices till Dec 2013?

Really good deal from GOG:

Pick 5 games, pay $10

http://www.gog.com/newsletter/pick_5_pay_10

Resonance
Botanicula
To The Moon
Gemini Rue
Alan Wake's American Nightmare
Blackwell Bundle
Torchlight
Uplink: Hacker Elite
Geneforge 1-5
Machinarium: Collector's Edition
Spacechem
DEFCON
Trine
Symphony
Darwinia
Mutant Mudds
Anomaly Warzone Earth
Multiwinia
Unmechanical
The Ball

I guess now the problem is finding 5 game that I actually don't have in that list...

[quote name='seamoss']Really good deal from GOG:

Pick 5 games, pay $10

http://www.gog.com/newsletter/pick_5_pay_10

Resonance
Botanicula
To The Moon
Gemini Rue
Alan Wake's American Nightmare
Blackwell Bundle
Torchlight
Uplink: Hacker Elite
Geneforge 1-5
Machinarium: Collector's Edition
Spacechem
DEFCON
Trine
Symphony
Darwinia
Mutant Mudds
Anomaly Warzone Earth
Multiwinia
Unmechanical
The Ball
I guess now the problem is finding 5 game that I actually don't have in that list...[/QUOTE]

LOL nod! I want Symphony and Unmechanical... there are exactly 3 others on the list I do not own, and are bundle fodder to me. ...it it worth it? groan.

Someone noted on the GOG thread for the "5 for $10" deal that if you already own some of the games on GOG, you can buy the deal as a gift and redeem the games you don't have yourself and let someone else redeem the games you do:
http://www.gog.com/forum/general/special_promo_pick_5_pay_10/
1) Select all the games you want to buy [, check "gift this order" on the checkout page,] and send the gift code to yourself

2) Redeem the gift code yourself (which will give you the games in the gift code that you didn't already have).

3) Send the gift code to someone else to give [them] the remaining games ([they] will be able to redeem the remaining games that weren't already redeemed by you).

[quote name='dark2025']Free Realms of Arkania 3 at GOG

http://www.gog.com/forum/general/help_us_improve_your_download_speeds

Details in OP.

Apparently you only have a 50% chance to win it (but you can try again after a couple of hours).[/QUOTE]

For some reason I was allowed to run the test 3 times consecutively with ~2 minute gaps between each test and I won the game on the third test. I doubt it's just my computer, so give it a whirl. =P

Anyone planning on picking up some games from the current GOG sale, Pick 5, Pay $10?

I own most of the games (either on GOG or another DD), but I'd like to pick up Symphony and Unmechanical. Maybe we could work something out where one of us can host, redeem the games that X doesn't own (the games that X wants), and give the code to Y so Y can redeem the code for the games that Y wants. It'll come out to $2 a game, which is the cheapest any of these games are gonna go for on GOG.

Here are the ones I own on GOG:
Blackwell Bundle
Botanicula
Geneforge 1-5
Mutant Mudds
Resonance
Spacechem
To The Moon

So if you're interested in any of these games, you can send me the money for 3 of them, I'll buy the pack as a gift, redeem it for the 2 games that I want, and give you the code to redeem the games that you want from this list.

Let me know if you're interested, or if you have any questions.

[quote name='Severose']For some reason I was allowed to run the test 3 times consecutively with ~2 minute gaps between each test and I won the game on the third test. I doubt it's just my computer, so give it a whirl. =P[/QUOTE]

Or you can just use a different browser.. like I did lol

Lost my first attempt, won on my second.

Updated the main post, but how do you change a title? I'm confused about that one....

But now you have a fresh front page with all the details/links. Good sale, btw.

bread's done
Back