GOG - Dungeons & Dragons Games - B1G1 (+ Free Temple of Elemental Evil)

cheapo72

CAGiversary!
Feedback
180 (100%)

Through Friday, February 28th at 23.59 pm EST, GOG and Atari are offering their selection of great AD&D games in a "Buy 1, Get 1" promotion.

Additionally, you'll get Troika's RPG, The Temple of Elemental Evil, for free if you purchase any other D&D game (and you don't already have it, of course).

[Promo Page]

Baldur's Gate: The Original Saga $9.99 [includes Tales of the Sword Coast expansion]
Baldur's Gate II: Complete $9.99 [includes Throne of Bhaal expansion]
Icewind Dale: Complete $9.99 [includes Heart of Winter and Trials of the Luremaster expansions]
Icewind Dale II: Complete $9.99 [includes the Adventure Pack content]
Planescape: Torment $9.99
Neverwinter Nights: Diamond Edition $9.99 [includes Shadows of Undrentide, Hordes of the Underdark, and Kingmaker expansions]
The Temple of Elemental Evil: A Classic Greyhawk Adventure $5.99 (Buy any other game on this list and get it FREE)
Forgotten Realms: Demon Stone $9.99
Dungeons & Dragons: Dragonshard $9.99

Mobygames:
Baldur's Gate (91)
Baldur's Gate: Tales of the Sword Coast (79)
Baldur's Gate: Shadows of Amn (93)
Baldur's Gate II: Throne of Bhaal (87)
Icewind Dale (84)
Icewind Dale: Heart of Winter (77)
Icewind Dale II (80)
Icewind Dale II: Adventure Pack (4.1/5)
Planescape: Torment (89)
Neverwinter Nights (89)
Neverwinter Nights: Shadows of Undrentide (80)
Neverwinter Nights: Hordes of the Underdark (84)
Neverwinter Nights: Kingmaker (4.2/5)
The Temple of Elemental Evil: A Classic Greyhawk Adventure (75)
Forgotten Realms: Demon Stone (73)
Dungeons & Dragons: Demonshard (80)

Last edited by a moderator:
Baldurs gate is very tempting
smiley.jpg

If you decide to buy, say, Baldur's Gate 1+2 for this promo, Destructoid recently had a good modding guide on how to make BG2 tolerable on modern displays, as well as putting all of BG1's content into BG2.

Here it is.

Just chiming in that Temple of Elemental Evil is one of the worst games ever. Baldur's Gate 4 lyfe yo. If you don't own Planescape Torment you're missing out on one of the greatest games of our lifetime. (Even if you hate RPG's the story alone is worth it, think of it as an interactive book)

I actually liked TOEE. :( It may have just been nostalgia for the original paper module, but I thought it was okay, especially with mods. It's certainly a nice freebie.

I think they had everything in that offering for $35 a while back. Glad i jumped on it when I did. But just so you're aware, it's been cheaper, and will be again.

[quote name='Maynard']Just chiming in that Temple of Elemental Evil is one of the worst games ever. Baldur's Gate 4 lyfe yo. If you don't own Planescape Torment you're missing out on one of the greatest games of our lifetime. (Even if you hate RPG's the story alone is worth it, think of it as an interactive book)[/QUOTE]

I believe you're thinking of "Return to the Temple of Elemental Evil". That one was truly abysmal. TOEE Classic Greyhawk isn't bad.

[quote name='Maynard']Just chiming in that Temple of Elemental Evil is one of the worst games ever. Baldur's Gate 4 lyfe yo. If you don't own Planescape Torment you're missing out on one of the greatest games of our lifetime. (Even if you hate RPG's the story alone is worth it, think of it as an interactive book)[/QUOTE]

Seconded. I always viewed it as more of a classic adventure game as anything else. The protagonist can't die, so I thought of it more like a LucasArts adventure (with a much darker tone).

This is very tempting because as much as I love the Gold Box games (although not WoW or Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance as much), I've never played ANY of the games on sale.

I think the bigger question would be what? I also wonder if they accept gift cards without address information on them.

Hmmm....lot to think about.

Just to be clear the DVD collection is DRM free. I have it and you just need the disk to install the collection.

Had a sudden urge to play icewind dale last night so picked up 1 and 2. Got to the first batch of goblins and got owned. Man they sure don't make games like they used to.

Thanks OP! :)

[quote name='hal']I actually liked TOEE. :( It may have just been nostalgia for the original paper module, but I thought it was okay, especially with mods. It's certainly a nice freebie.[/QUOTE]

I agree. I thought combat in ToEE was loads of fun. It's not a great game (certainly no Baldur's Gate) but I enjoyed it more than the Icewind Dale games as a simple dungeon hack.

The D&D package on sale at Amazon/Gamersgate is the better deal if you don't own any of the games already. If you do this deal is solid. I'd personally say, get the harder to find games like Dragonshard in this sale, snag the classics in the package deal, especially if you have the patience to wait for a sale (Impulse had that pack for 10 bucks about a month ago).

[quote name='Quillion']I believe you're thinking of "Return to the Temple of Elemental Evil". That one was truly abysmal. TOEE Classic Greyhawk isn't bad.[/QUOTE]
YOUR RIGHT! I am wrong. I never played the original TEEE, yet played Return to TEEE. God damn that game was a hot steaming pile of shit. TEEE carry on ;) maybe I should play it...

[quote name='Corpekata']The D&D package on sale at Amazon/Gamersgate is the better deal if you don't own any of the games already. If you do this deal is solid. I'd personally say, get the harder to find games like Dragonshard in this sale, snag the classics in the package deal, especially if you have the patience to wait for a sale (Impulse had that pack for 10 bucks about a month ago).[/QUOTE]

Wait...it is? I've never played any of the games that are on this sale before and probably wouldn't play the free game but I AM interested in one or two of them at the least.

I just want a game that kicks my butt and either has a Gold Box or really good action RPG feel without as much story. Bah, tough calls to make. :(

If it helps, I played 6-8 hours of Ruins of Myth Drannor and stopped.

Tempted to buy the Icewind Dale games (since I never played those), but I somehow thing I'd never get to those. And yeah, I had skipped them originally because they were just dungeon hacks.

Hmmm....tempting even though I played through most of them with the exception of Torment and that is only because it came out at a horrible time for me way back when.....where's my Stewie time machine at?

bread's done
Back