GOG Weekend Deal - Atari D&D Games - 20-60% Off

cheapo72

CAGiversary!
Feedback
180 (100%)

To help commemorate GOG's 3rd Birthday, through Monday, September 26th at 11:59 EDT, their selection of classic games set in the Dungeons & Dragons Universe(s?) are available at a base discount of 20%.

Here's where it gets a little complicated. For every additional promo game you buy, your overall discount increases 5% for up to 60% in savings. As, usual, games you already own count towards "pack completion".

[Promo Page]

Baldur's Gate: The Original Saga $7.99 / $3.99 [includes Tales of the Sword Coast expansion]
Baldur's Gate II: Complete $7.99 / $3.99 [includes Throne of Bhaal expansion]
Icewind Dale: Complete $7.99 / $3.99 [includes Heart of Winter and Trials of the Luremaster expansions]
Icewind Dale II: Complete $7.99 / $3.99 [includes the Adventure Pack content]
Planescape: Torment $7.99 / $3.99
Neverwinter Nights: Diamond Edition $7.99 / $3.99 [includes Shadows of Undrentide, Hordes of the Underdark, and Kingmaker expansions]
The Temple of Elemental Evil: A Classic Greyhawk Adventure $4.79 / $2.39
Forgotten Realms: Demon Stone $7.99 / $3.99
Dungeons & Dragons: Dragonshard $7.99 / $3.99

Last edited by a moderator:
Getting all those games for less than $35 is an outstanding deal. The hours of play per dollar would be through the roof.

I've been waiting for a drop on these ... but not all at once! Any recommendations on which are the "must have" one or two? I'm leaning toward Baldur's Gate, Planescape, Neverwinter Nights.

I have BD1, BD2, and Planescape on disc, but to get these on GOG without discs...done. Buying the whole shabang. I best get gaming...

As an aside - is Icewind Dale 1 and 2 worth it?

[quote name='placebo3369']I've been waiting for a drop on these ... but not all at once! Any recommendations on which are the "must have" one or two? I'm leaning toward Baldur's Gate, Planescape, Neverwinter Nights.[/QUOTE]

That's like choosing which of your fingers to keep. They're all terrific. Though, to me, Baldur's Gate II, Planescape Torment stand out. Neverwinter's Night is outstanding too and the Diamond Edition is packed with add-ons.

I know some may not agree, but I also really like The Temple of Elemental Evil. I guess I was a big fan of the module and it was easy to overlook some of the shortcomings.

Wow nice, ill pick up Planscape and Elemental evil.

Tempted with BD1 and 2 but im sure those will go onsale when I have caught up with most of my games.

For those in the fence with Icewind dale, I just could't get into them.. dont expect BG type story/atmosphere.

As I expressed in the other GOG thread, I'm not fond of the discounting method they opted for. I'd be all for it if I didn't already own six of these games as hard copies. ~$20 for Demon Stone, Dragonshard, and Planescape: Torment? Hmm... not a ripoff by any means, but I can't seem to bring myself to do it.

[quote name='sillymonkey321']I like how they offer the discount for people who already bought some of those games, will definitely get one or two more.[/QUOTE]

I absolutely love this feature and I wish other services would adopt this practice, too. It makes me that much more loyal to GOG! :D

[quote name='dark_inchworm']As I expressed in the other GOG thread, I'm not fond of the discounting method they opted for. I'd be all for it if I didn't already own six of these games as hard copies. ~$20 for Demon Stone, Dragonshard, and Planescape: Torment? Hmm... not a ripoff by any means, but I can't seem to bring myself to do it.[/QUOTE]

I own a few of them as hard copies too, but I bit anyway. DRM free downloads are WAY more convenient for now and the future, and worth it for $4/game. Plus, I want to support this company. They're doing what I like.

[quote name='placebo3369']I've been waiting for a drop on these ... but not all at once! Any recommendations on which are the "must have" one or two? I'm leaning toward Baldur's Gate, Planescape, Neverwinter Nights.[/QUOTE]

As mentioned, get BG2 Complete and Planescape:Torment if you're only going to get two. Those are THE pinnacle of RPGs on the PC. We'll see you in a few months! ;)

Man... I'm certainly picking up the Baldur's Gates, Icewind Dales, and Neverwinter Nights. But I don't know about the others. Planescape because I already own it on disc (but it would be nice to have a digital copy of it), the others because I don't know much about them.

Thoughts general CAG public? Help me spend money!!

I have played all of these except for demon stone and I must say that they were all worth playing even at full price. Getting them at these prices make it even more worth while!!

getting this:

Baldur's Gate: The Original Saga
Baldur's Gate II: Complete
Icewind Dale: Complete
Icewind Dale II: Complete
Planescape: Torment

Thanks, picked up all of them, I own discs of some of them, but it's a pretty good price for all of these games. Now I just have to find the time to actually play them.

[quote name='11440']Would it be a mistake to skip the first Baldur's Gate and jump straight to the second?[/QUOTE]

Not at all. The second is a much better game, bigger and badder in every way, and you don't have to have played the first one to enjoy the second. It is a direct sequel, but you get the backstory of the first one told to you so you'll be ok starting with #2.

[quote name='keithp']Not at all. The second is a much better game, bigger and badder in every way, and you don't have to have played the first one to enjoy the second. It is a direct sequel, but you get the backstory of the first one told to you so you'll be ok starting with #2.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the input.

I really don't like the discounting method they used here. I'll just wait for the next major GOG sale to grab these. Black Friday? The winter holidays?

[quote name='hetz15']getting this:

Baldur's Gate: The Original Saga
Baldur's Gate II: Complete
Icewind Dale: Complete
Icewind Dale II: Complete
Planescape: Torment[/QUOTE]

Thinking about the same; I have NwN:D on disc (but it's not like I'm playing it), and even at $6 a piece it's not like they'll be much cheaper in future sales.

[quote name='NEP']I really don't like the discounting method they used here. I'll just wait for the next major GOG sale to grab these. Black Friday? The winter holidays?[/QUOTE]

Same. I'd buy a few at 50% off but now I wont buy any. I own BG/BG2/IW/IW2/PST/NWN all on disc and have them installed. I'd be all for buying the other 3 I don't own at 50% off. I'd normally be happy to replace those discs with digital versions but with holiday sales rolling up in a few months plus a few games I'm buying at release I've gone into super cheap mode to prepare for the wallet rape.

[quote name='dark_inchworm']As I expressed in the other GOG thread, I'm not fond of the discounting method they opted for. I'd be all for it if I didn't already own six of these games as hard copies. ~$20 for Demon Stone, Dragonshard, and Planescape: Torment? Hmm... not a ripoff by any means, but I can't seem to bring myself to do it.[/QUOTE]

Do what I do for a lot of these. Buy them, then sell your hard copies. Heck, I still have a couple of these sealed, since I haven't had time to play them that will pay for the whole discounted lot.

Picking up BG2 and Planescape; I only ever played the original BG years ago at release, and I have absolutely no time to put into these games now ... But alas, my CAGness wins out. :(

[quote name='11440']Would it be a mistake to skip the first Baldur's Gate and jump straight to the second?[/QUOTE]

No, but if you really enjoy BG2 then you can go back and play the first one - it can even be modded with BG1TuTu (a pain to set up, admittedly, although it's been a few years) so you can enjoy the features of BG2 (new classes, skills, spell effects, etc.) while playing the original. Personally I'd pick up both if I never played them before, just for completion's sake, but with 100+ (some have said 120) hours of entertainment you'll be more than busy with BG2 alone.

[quote name='mrfossey'].. but with 100+ (some have said 120) hours of entertainment you'll be more than busy with BG2 alone.[/QUOTE]

Easily 200+ hours--the different classes play differently and have unique quests, then throw in Throne of Bhaal and some people spend upwards of 300 hours on it. It really is epic, especially if you start with the first game and take your character all the way to the end of Throne of Bhaal!

[quote name='watcher0']Do what I do for a lot of these. Buy them, then sell your hard copies. Heck, I still have a couple of these sealed, since I haven't had time to play them that will pay for the whole discounted lot.[/QUOTE]

NOT happening! But your suggestion is appreciated regardless.

The discount method mixed with my love for GOG, might just cause me to buy this whole pack, even though I only really want a couple of them.

This might be sort of silly to ask, but.... Did this game recently get a retail release? I'm going to get it on GOG, but a friend would really like a retail release.

[quote name='GlassAgate']This might be sort of silly to ask, but.... Did this game recently get a retail release? I'm going to get it on GOG, but a friend would really like a retail release.[/QUOTE]

Well many of these games are from 1998+. The newest is Neverwinter Nights and it does have a retail release...w/o the expansions that is available easily on Amazon.

I ended up buying the whole pack, which now gives me the ability to gift the individual games for their full discounted price. If anyone is interested let me know. You can send me Paypal, then I'll gift the game. Small tips appreciated, but not necessary. :)

Finally I get to play Baldur's Gate again. I've come close to pulling the trigger on disc releases many times in the past but this is much simpler. I just can't decide where to start.

Anyone that likes RPGs should at least get Baldur's Gate, Icewind Dale, and Planescape. I can't speak for Temple of Elemental Evil (although I had a friend with the original pencil/paper D&D adventure) or Neverwinter Nights but I'll get to try those too now.

Between this and a $10 Halo Reach digital copy, it's been an awesome weekend for acquiring games.

[quote name='Rehykja']I ended up buying the whole pack, which now gives me the ability to gift the individual games for their full discounted price. If anyone is interested let me know. You can send me Paypal, then I'll gift the game. Small tips appreciated, but not necessary. :)[/QUOTE]
If Planescape: Torment is one of the games you're looking to part with, then count me in! My PayPal is ready to rock.

Edit: PM'd as well.

Last edited by a moderator:

I'll throw in another vote for Planescape. Such an amazing game.

Why is the total for Planecape coming up as $7.99?

I'm NOT putting in my CC number while it's still showing that price.

[quote name='nietzsche74']Why is the total for Planecape coming up as $7.99?

I'm NOT putting in my CC number while it's still showing that price.[/QUOTE]

If you buy one game you get it for 20% off. Which is $7.99 from the original price of $9.99. All these games (with the exception of Temple of Elemental Evil) are $9.99 originally.

I was trying real hard to resist (trying to save money for black friday), but just too good a deal to pass up. In for all of them, thanks OP.

GOG for life!

This is really a dastardly deal.

I only really want BG 1 & 2, NWN, Planetscape, and Icewind Dale 1 & 2, which would be $32.94. But buying the full pack would only be $34.31. Three more games for less than $2 more! My wallet's going to hate me.

[quote name='ChernobylCow']Well many of these games are from 1998+. The newest is Neverwinter Nights and it does have a retail release...w/o the expansions that is available easily on Amazon.[/QUOTE]

I could have sworn that I saw, perhaps a target, a retail release
of all of the Baulder's Gate games. I guess that it would have been
the older version.

bread's done
Back