GOG Weekend Deal - Tex Murphy series - 60/30% Off

cheapo72

CAGiversary!
Feedback
180 (100%)

Until Monday, February 14 at 11:59 p.m. EDT, all Tex Murphy games are 30% off. If buying all four or completing the set with the games you are missing, the discount is raised to 60%.

Promo Page

Mean Streets / Martian Memorandum $2.39 / $4.19
Under a Killing Moon $3.99 / $6.99
The Pandora Directive $3.99 / $6.99
Tex Murphy: Overseer $3.99 / $6.99

Mobygames:
Mean Streets (68)
Martian Memorandum (74)
Under a Killing Moon (88)
The Pandora Directive (86)
Tex Murphy: Overseer (79)

Gameplay videos:
Mean Streets Martian Memorandum Under a Killing Moon The Pandora Directive Tex Murphy: Overseer
Despite the title arrangement on the Tex Murphy 1+2 pack, Mean Streets is the first game in the series.

I played Mean Street back in the day on my 486SX. Good stuff. I also played Under a Killing Moon later as well. I'm not sure how playable these games would be today though.

Aw, man: Under a Killing moon was one of my favorite games back in the day. The technology was, at the time, mind boggling.
The graphics will be quite crap by today's standards, but the puzzles are still pretty great and original, the humor excellent, and the story epic.
Pandora and Overseer aren't bad, but didn't have the same pizzaz as Killing Moon.

[quote name='simpsonps121']These games are awesome. I would hate downloading them though...[/QUOTE]

What? Why? The originals were like four and six discs. Hell, even Mean Streets was three floppies.

[quote name='simpsonps121']Just personal preference. My HD is running out of space. :)[/QUOTE]
So burn them to a CD/DVD. That's what I've done with most of my GOG stuff.

Burning them -
That is a SUPERB idea. How do I do it? Are the files ISO files, where are they located? Sorry for the ignorant question. :whistle2:( Steam/Impulse - I have not figured out how to do this.. boo... :whistle2:(

But I will gladly spend the money to get these games again. I loved them!!

Great series - I already own the whole lot through GOG and was playing Pandora Directive not too long ago. (Still have my original discs for the games, too).

Oh man. I remember playing these on like 4 or 5 cds back in the early 90s. I wouldnt call them great games. There's a reason why the full motion video craze never caught on.

[quote name='simpsonps121']Burning them -
That is a SUPERB idea. How do I do it? Are the files ISO files, where are they located? Sorry for the ignorant question. :whistle2:( Steam/Impulse - I have not figured out how to do this.. boo... :whistle2:(

But I will gladly spend the money to get these games again. I loved them!![/QUOTE]

Gog games come as an installer file downloadable either directly through your browser or through their downloader application. You can then burn the installer.

bread's done
Back