GoGamer 48 Hour Madness 7/10/2010 (Crackdown (360) for $6.90!)

11killer11

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Best deal is Crackdown for Xbox 360 for $6.90
Also Free Grip-It with order (some sort of better gripping for the joysticks)
Free Priority Mail with order of 3 products)

Sorry about that boys and gals but Crackdown for XBOX 360 is now Out Of Stock.

http://www.gogamer.com/48-Hour-Madness_stcVVcatId553100VVviewcat.htm

Other deals are the usual:

Xbox 360:
Two Worlds - $5.90
Brother in Arms: Hell's Highway - $5.90
Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian - $4.90
Timeshift - $7.90
FEAR Files - $7.90
Unreal Tournament 3 - $7.90
Eat Lead: The Return of Matt Hazard - $7.90
Raven Squad: Hidden Dagger - $9.90
Supreme Commander - $8.90
Bionic Commando - $9.90
Blitz II - $9.90
Blue Dragon - $9.90
Ghost Recon 2 - $9.90
The Club - $9.90
ET: Quake Wars - $9.90
Mirror's Edge - $9.90
G.I Joe - $9.90
Ghost Recon 1 - $9.90
Lost Planet 2 - $37.90
DeathSmiles LE - $41.90
Kengo - $6.90
StormRise - $5.90

Wii
Nerf N' Strike - $7.90
Ultimate Band - $7.90
Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian - $7.90
Nights: Journey into Dreams - $9.90
Planet 51 - $9.90
High School Musical Sing It! - $9.90
Balls of Fury - $9.90
Army Men Soldiers of Misfortune - $9.90
Chicken Shoot - $9.90
Chrysler Classic Racing - $9.90
Groovin Blocks - $9.90
Jeep Thrills - $9.90
Jelly Jelly - $9.90

PS3
Dark Sector - $8.90
ET Quake Wars - $9.90
Smackdown vs Raw 2008 (BL) - $9.90
Fracture - $9.90

Sidenotes:
Crackdown is pretty sweet for $6.90,considering I never played it.

Planet 51 for Wii at $9.90 is good, but I'm not sure if it's a racing game or a
adventure/platforming game because I've seen screenshots of both.

I have never seen Darkness Within 2 for PC anywhere, wonder what's its like....

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice list of xbox 360 games. N-4-1 of each on Two Worlds, and Crackdown. Under $18 after shipping for both titles, that's not bad at all.

To whoknows:

Um either that's a joke and I don't get it or you're talking about the Halo Reach beta......

Either way I'll see when it comes because I just ordered one!:D

i just bought crackdown from gs for $14 yesterday..... i knew i could get it cheaper online but if i knwq i could get it this much cheaper i would have held off.

Crackdown sells on Ebay brand new and sealed for $9.00

With shipping this will end up being $9.00

Not impressed with much, other than Brothers in Arms which is a good deal.

Edit: looked at my watch list on ebay and Crackdown is $13 shipped, so this isnt a bad deal. My bad!

[quote name='Pure Apathy']Do you have to do anything special to get the free grip-its? I'm thinking about ordering Mirror's Edge.[/QUOTE]

Last time this was posted I decided to just order Grip-its from Amazon for $4.99 (nothing I wanted at GoGamer). They're just as good if not better than Gel Tabz, which are also excellent.

Just wanted to give a quick thumbs up. (Retail package comes with two sets, the freebies may only be one set)

picked up crackdown a while back on Newegg for 10 bucks. great game, and after playing the demo of the sequel, it seems that "more of the same" is definitely a good way to describe it, so just get the first one.

I played two worlds demo, and must say its a must have at that price. by far the worst voice acting I have ever heard, makes it a hoot.

[quote name='Pure Apathy']Do you have to do anything special to get the free grip-its? I'm thinking about ordering Mirror's Edge.[/QUOTE]

If I could teleport my copy of Mirror's Edge to you, I would. I would even pay you to take it.

The hell? Says my Crackdown copy has been backordered. They don't make any concessions other than "it'll ship later." If it's going to ship later then they might as well reimburse some of the shipping cost to compensate.

[quote name='supraazn']Ahh ... Brother in arms is showing 6.90 for me instead of 5.90.[/QUOTE]

They just ship the grip-it's automatically, I got a free pair with my order from last week. I didn't have to use a promotion code or anything.

They work great, i'm very happy with the grip-it's.

[quote name='Magsec']If it's going to ship later then they might as well reimburse some of the shipping cost to compensate.[/QUOTE]

:roll:

Search "Two Worlds". Why is there a copy going for $5.90, and another
one going for $27.95. I've seen this sort of thing from GoGamer before.
Are they sloppy with keeping track of their stock? Is one copy an
imported copy? Did they take a limited number of copies and put
them on sale? WHAT!!!???

It looks like "Crackdown" has the same thing going on. What
gives!?

[quote name='jon714']nice list of xbox 360 games. N-4-1 of each on two worlds, and crackdown. Under $18 after shipping for both titles, that's not bad at all.[/quote]

n-4-1?

I picked up Crackdown for $8.xx at Amazon a few months ago. Their price fluctuates quite a bit if you wishlist it and watch for a deal.

[quote name='Envel']Anyone who wants Crackdown 2 but hasn't played 1, may as well get this.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Crackdown 2 is lame, basically Crackdown 1.1.

They must have finally run out of Maelstrom copies.

[quote name='GlassAgate']n-4-1?[/QUOTE]

Apparently that was quicker to type - with the hyphens and all - than "in for 1". :roll:

The GTA collection for $5 with shipping ain't half bad.

And it doesn't look like Crackdown 2 is going to eclipse Crackdown, for better or worse, so it's still a good deal.

Got Xbox 360 Stormrise, Two Worlds, and BIA Hells highway. Much better deal on shipping for 3 games.

1 game $2.99 - dirt cheap
2 games $4.99 - dirt cheap
3 games $5.99 - priority shipping
4 games $6.99 - priority shipping

[quote name='Kerig']Last time this was posted I decided to just order Grip-its from Amazon for $4.99 (nothing I wanted at GoGamer). They're just as good if not better than Gel Tabz, which are also excellent.

Just wanted to give a quick thumbs up. (Retail package comes with two sets, the freebies may only be one set)[/QUOTE]

I have used both the grip-it and Gel Tabz, and I prefer the grip-it's. The grip-it's are comfortable, you get a better grip, and you don't have to press down too hard on the analog stick with you use a grip-it.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Geello']If I could teleport my copy of Mirror's Edge to you, I would. I would even pay you to take it.[/QUOTE]

Is it really that bad? I may hold off on getting it then.

[quote name='Pure Apathy']Is it really that bad? I may hold off on getting it then.[/QUOTE]

I got it on Steam when it was $5, and I thought it was a lot of fun. This is the first time I've seen someone that didn't like it, actually - it's very stylistic, and odd in that it's a first person platformer, but if it's something that looked interesting to you I'd go ahead and pick it up.

[quote name='DrowVampyre']I got it on Steam when it was $5, and I thought it was a lot of fun. This is the first time I've seen someone that didn't like it, actually - it's very stylistic, and odd in that it's a first person platformer, but if it's something that looked interesting to you I'd go ahead and pick it up.[/QUOTE]

It's good. I think the reason it gets hate from people is because it isn't a very good shooter. They treat the game as a standard FPS, but it's nothing like them. I never bother with the weapons, just melee and pure platforming.

[quote name='dcon agent 000']It's good. I think the reason it gets hate from people is because it isn't a very good shooter. They treat the game as a standard FPS, but it's nothing like them. I never bother with the weapons, just melee and pure platforming.[/QUOTE]

agreed.... Mirrors Edge is maybe worth $10 bucks, but not much more.

I picked up Two Worlds from this "deal" and they sent me the NTSC/J version, which didn't play on my U.S. 360. When I called CS, the guy said that "usually 360 games are region-free" as if it was normal policy for GoGamer to send out import versions without mentioning it on the order page.

He said I would get a full refund but I'm still disappointed because I really wanted to play this game.

Anyone out there with a Japanese or modded 360 want this game? $3 shipped. PM if interested.

I bought Unreal Tourn 3, Two Worlds and Timeshift.

Two Worlds was NTSC/J also. Oh well 5.60 down the drain.

[quote name='DS9']I bought Unreal Tourn 3, Two Worlds and Timeshift.

Two Worlds was NTSC/J also. Oh well 5.60 down the drain.[/QUOTE]

It could be the "international copy". GoGamer does sell those.
I think that they should play on the US system. E-mail GoGamer
and check.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6618988

Here's an older post. This issue is covered. Just search "international", and look for the post
by benjamouth.

[quote name='mxpowar']I picked up Two Worlds from this "deal" and they sent me the NTSC/J version, which didn't play on my U.S. 360. When I called CS, the guy said that "usually 360 games are region-free" as if it was normal policy for GoGamer to send out import versions without mentioning it on the order page.

He said I would get a full refund but I'm still disappointed because I really wanted to play this game.

Anyone out there with a Japanese or modded 360 want this game? $3 shipped. PM if interested.[/QUOTE]

You should be able to play it, if it's the international copy. See my post below
for more information.

[quote name='mxpowar']I picked up Two Worlds from this "deal" and they sent me the NTSC/J version, which didn't play on my U.S. 360. When I called CS, the guy said that "usually 360 games are region-free" as if it was normal policy for GoGamer to send out import versions without mentioning it on the order page.

Anyone out there with a Japanese or modded 360 want this game? $3 shipped. PM if interested.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='GlassAgate']You should be able to play it, if it's the international copy. See my post below
for more information.[/QUOTE]

Notice how I wrote that it didn't play on my 360? That means I already tried it out and it won't play or install to my 360. Also, my problem with GoGamer was not just that they sent me a non-U.S. version but that they failed to mention it anywhere on their site. Thanks anyway.

I'm another victim too... ordered Two Worlds from this sale and got shipped the NTSC/J version. WTF...

[quote name='Xellos2099']Is trine for 4 bucks a good deal?[/QUOTE]
I would say it is, I really enjoyed it. Watch some videos on youtube, if you dont know how the gameplay is. I paid $10 for it and felt it was worth the money.

bread's done
Back